Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Jrcart vs. Sticky - Weistec Stage III vs. Gintani Stage III

So when the hell is the German Shootout?
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    So when the hell is the German Shootout?
    To gauge response first I will start with a shootout on a smaller scale. You are welcome to participate as you already expressed interest in doing so. BenzBoost vs. BimmerBoost is what I am planning and then if it is received well expansion to a full on German shootout will take place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    To gauge response first I will start with a shootout on a smaller scale. You are welcome to participate as you already expressed interest in doing so. BenzBoost vs. BimmerBoost is what I am planning and then if it is received well expansion to a full on German shootout will take place.
    I'll take the bet on which group will win moreClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any ideas of when and where? Sounds like a great time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    I'll take the bet on which group will win moreClick here to enlarge
    I can't see an event that the MB's would not prevail in with the exception of drag races with a couple of the old school tt M3's. The BS's and SLS's will tear up every E92 that bothers to show up.

Here's my prediction of winner of various classes, obviously depending on how many types of event categories we have. My predictions below are pitting BS's and SLS's up against E92's.

Road Course: MB/LZH Luke can drive, unless this event is run on Big Willow his skills and will get the job done even if he's down 200hp from Earl and I or the M3's. *If RMB shows up with the FMU/RBM Time Attack BS he might give Luke a run for his money. Or we make it a sure thing by changin over my suspension and have Luke Pilot my car.

Autocross: MB/LZH , precise car control is key Luke has it.

Drag Race: MB/JRCART, Earl and I will be close but my drag suspension is going to give me the edge, it's gonna take mid to high 9's to get the job done.

Standing Mile: MB/ecampbell Earls stock aero package and stock hood produces less drag than mine, advantage Earl.

0-100-0: MB/JRCART, there's not road going BMW or MB on this site that can out accelerate my new 8??.??rwhp or out brake me with my dymags and R compound Corsa's mounted up front, if any of you can beat my car in this category please PM me the number of your drug dealer becuase I'm looking for some good $#@! myself.

If this post doesn't get some of the Bimmer boys fired up I don't know what will...but the truth of the matter is my predictions are probably dead on.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Road Course: MB/LZH Luke can drive, unless this event is run on Big Willow his skills and will get the job done even if he's down 200hp from Earl and I or the M3's. *If RMB shows up with the FMU/RBM Time Attack BS he might give Luke a run for his money. Or we make it a sure thing by changin over my suspension and have Luke Pilot my car.

Autocross: MB/LZH , precise car control is key Luke has it.

Drag Race: MB/JRCART, Earl and I will be close but my drag suspension is going to give me the edge, it's gonna take mid to high 9's to get the job done.

Standing Mile: MB/ecampbell Earls stock aero package and stock hood produces less drag than mine, advantage Earl.

0-100-0: MB/JRCART, there's not road going BMW or MB on this site that can out accelerate my new 8??.??rwhp or out brake me with my dymags and R compound Corsa's mounted up front, if any of you can beat my car in this category please PM me the number of your drug dealer becuase I'm looking for some good $#@! myself.
    i see a few areas where driver skill over car can easily hand a W to the bimmers..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i see a few areas where driver skill over car can easily hand a W to the bimmers..
    I don't see it happening. I know the skill levels of many of the MB guys and they are at the top, I'm not saying there are not equally as good of BMW drivers but the MBs have the HP advantage and 9 times out of 10 you put the same drive in two different cars with different power and the more powerful car wins. The only exception might be an autocross event, I have seen 300hp 350Z's smoke 500hp Z06's. There are not any E92s that are going to beat Earl or I or a Weistec SLS, don't let your Roundel block your view of reality. If any BMW owners want to make a friendly wager on the 0-100-0 event against my car let me know, I will take on all offers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    One other thing you seem to be forgetting, I will be taking delivery of a new C63 Black Series in March and it is being imediatly shiped to Weistec for a "tune up", I'm not sure if you have done any reading up on the new Black Series ut it lapped the Ring in 7:45 here's a lits of some other cars to help you put it in perspective. I'm no pro driver and Ring times are pretty much useless but they are good for comparison. Sorry but there is not an E92 on this site that is going to touch the new BS on a road course, let alone a Wesitec modded one.

BMW M3 GTS: 7:48

BMW M3 CSL: 7:50

Mercedes CLk63 BS: 8:02

BMW M3 E92: 8:05
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im willing to bet though that more e92 drivers are familiar with their cars more so than the MB guys on road courses.

lets just say for example, a few of the VAC guys show up in their car, yes, underpowered in comparison, but setup properly, by drivers with the skill.

im just sayin, its not gonna be clear cut.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well let me just say in JRcarts defense, I took second out of twelve cars in an autocross in a S600Click here to enlarge

And two were M3'sClick here to enlarge

So my 5000+ pound car beat a light little M3, with a little driver skillClick here to enlarge

Let the games begin Sticky!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Jrcart, admit it, you like to stir the potClick here to enlarge

Not there there is anything wrong with that, IMHO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One other thing you seem to be forgetting, I will be taking delivery of a new C63 Black Series in March and it is being imediatly shiped to Weistec for a "tune up", I'm not sure if you have done any reading up on the new Black Series ut it lapped the Ring in 7:45 here's a lits of some other cars to help you put it in perspective. I'm no pro driver and Ring times are pretty much useless but they are good for comparison. Sorry but there is not an E92 on this site that is going to touch the new BS on a road course, let alone a Wesitec modded one.

BMW M3 GTS: 7:48

BMW M3 CSL: 7:50

Mercedes CLk63 BS: 8:02

BMW M3 E92: 8:05
    The M3 GTS is faster than all the M156 Mercedes around the ring except for the C63 Black Series by only 2 seconds which can be chalked up to driver/conditions. My belief is that you are over-estimating the Black Series vs. the lighter and quicker shifting M3.

But, that is why the best way to settle this is with a competition!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    congrats sticky. im bummed they scared you away from bavboost tho.

JRCART - your not picking on e46? just e92?
    Click here to enlarge
    I'm smart, I'm not just spouting off being an MB fanboy, I have seen an E46 tt M3 run a 9.5 quarter mile and I own an E46 and a 36 M3. Stock to stock an E92 kills an E46 but when you're talking modded on the drag strip the E46 is gonna win every time. I'm not a hater, just informed and any E92 guys out there that think thay can hang with the modded 63 are nuts.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have seen an E46 tt M3 run a 9.5 quarter mile and I own an E46 and a 36 M3. Stock to stock an E92 kills an E46 but when you're talking modded on the drag strip the E46 is gonna win every time.
    No E46 has not even run 10's yet to my knowledge...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would think first it would require both cars being finished so in the next couple months.
    Both cars???? Don't you mean your car? Rumor has it there are a couple of bad ass Weistec BS's rolling around Orange County as we speak. I am flying to Vegas on Saturday and then onto OC Tuesday morning my friend...how's your car coming along Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both cars???? Don't you mean your car? Rumor has it there are a couple of bad ass Weistec BS's rolling around Orange County as we speak. I am flying to Vegas on Saturday and then onto OC Tuesday morning my friend...how's your car coming along Click here to enlarge
    No, I meant both cars as I thought your car was still being worked on as well?

There are definitely badass Weistec BS's rolling around.

Slow progress on my end. I'm trying to make the roll on event though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M3 GTS is faster than all the M156 Mercedes around the ring except for the C63 Black Series by only 2 seconds which can be chalked up to driver/conditions. My belief is that you are over-estimating the Black Series vs. the lighter and quicker shifting M3.

But, that is why the best way to settle this is with a competition!
    I think what you're forgetting is mine is going to have an extra 250whp over a stock C63 BS Click here to enlarge

....and show me an M3 GTS here in the U.S. ...or a CSL for that matter LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I meant both cars as I thought your car was still being worked on as well?

There are definitely badass Weistec BS's rolling around.

Slow progress on my end. I'm trying to make the roll on event though.
    Just a few finishing touches and tweaking on our cars, but for the most part the big stuffs done. Due to Earl and my schedules we will not be picking them up for another few weeks and we are going to track test them before any big events just to put them through the rigors of some hard track use. The last thing we want to do is ship them to Bradenton or MIR and find out somethings not right.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Jrcart, admit it, you like to stir the potClick here to enlarge

Not there there is anything wrong with that, IMHO
    ya, I am just stirring the pot, some gentle ribbing never hurt, but I am serious about the 0-100-0 race, I am VERY confident about that race.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think what you're forgetting is mine is going to have an extra 250whp over a stock C63 BS Click here to enlarge

....and show me an M3 GTS here in the U.S. ...or a CSL for that matter LOL
    The point was really to show you the E92 is just as capable if not more so. Me leaning toward the M3 more so because the DCT and weight are factors a C63 BS can not overcome no matter how much raw power is thrown at it.

It is really the power disparity on the long track that gives the C63 BS any sort of advantage over the M3 GTS.

Considering the M3 has less power and torque and it is right there with it, what conclusion would you draw?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a few finishing touches and tweaking on our cars, but for the most part the big stuffs done. Due to Earl and my schedules we will not be picking them up for another few weeks and we are going to track test them before any big events just to put them through the rigors of some hard track use. The last thing we want to do is ship them to Bradenton or MIR and find out somethings not right.
    Glad to hear the big stuff is out of the way.

Definitely, test them out before entering events. I made the mistake once of taking it to an event when it wasn't ready and had a poor showing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ya, I am just stirring the pot, some gentle ribbing never hurt, but I am serious about the 0-100-0 race, I am VERY confident about that race.
    I understand you are confident I just do not understand why.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand you are confident I just do not understand why.
    If you knew what was getting done to our cars you would know why we are so confident. We were already running 10.6s and 10.7s and both trapping at over 134mph and now we are adding about 30% more hp and 25% more torque with significant trans upgrades that Earl let out of the bag a month ago...what's not to be confident about Sticky???? You tuner appears to not even be able to give you a completion date...does that enstill confidence with you? I am obviously confident enought to have thrown out an offer for a few friendly wagers, let's make this interesting Sticky, let's agree to a small wager that's big enough to make it exciting but not big enough to where its going to hurt someone financially, like a $850 bottle of Sceaming Eagle cab maybe?...when I win I will even pour you a glass Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you knew what was getting done to our cars you would know why we are so confident. We were already running 10.6s and 10.7s and both trapping at over 134mph and now we are adding about 30% more hp and 25% more torque with significant trans upgrades that Earl let out of the bag a month ago...what's not to be confident about Sticky???? You tuner appears to not even be able to give you a completion date...does that enstill confidence with you? I am obviously confident enought to have thrown out an offer for a few friendly wagers, let's make this interesting Sticky, let's agree to a small wager that's big enough to make it exciting but not big enough to where its going to hurt someone financially, like a $850 bottle of Sceaming Eagle cab maybe?...when I win I will even pour you a glass Click here to enlarge
    Well the reason is because you are essentially running the same ET as E92 M3's are (those M3's having less power than mine had that also I'm adding quite a bit of power to) so it seems to essentially be a wash at this point.

Come on Jim, what does my tuner have to do with the capability of the platform? Yes, they are taking a long time but that isn't the issue here in the discussion.

Screaming Eagle... now there is something I didn't expect you to say. Ok, but do I get to pick the vintage? $850 won't do it though but we can pick a different wine as well since the price gets up there. If I win I'll share a glass as well, happily. I have only had it once:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just for fun, that is a 1947 Petrus in the left of that picture in case anyone knows what that is. We definitely will not be wagering that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast