Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are the M159 headers significantly different from the M156 from the factory?
    Yep.... the M156 stock headers is nothing but a very bad exhaust manifold. The stock M159 headers are supposed to be very close to equal length tubular headers that are between shorties and mid-length. However, most companies that make headers for the SLS were still able to find a lot more power in going with full long-tubes setup. I am thinking another 30 to 40 whp from headers + tune is a good conservative average for gains on NA setup. Not sure how this will translate on the supercharged setup yet though.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    No last time there was no mention of the aftermarket filters and/or charcoals anywhere except on the dynograph image
    There is no mention of the octane or that the baseline is fully stock anywhere except for in the dyno graph. Likely because that information is only pertinent to the graph and not the features of the kit.

This is usually a good indication that the company has a solid customer service foundation.
    Trust me, they are one of the most professional outfits I have ever dealt with.

I, for one, am glad they haven't abandoned the platform for the new TT engine and that they continue to push forward
    I am glad as well and think they are building up a great foundation for the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is no mention of the octane or that the baseline is fully stock anywhere except for in the dyno graph. Likely because that information is only pertinent to the graph and not the features of the kit.
    I wasn't talking about the octane. I was simply saying there was no mention of what the package includes. For example, the +47 whp gain was achieved from a tune + aftermarket filters, right? Does that mean the package includes aftermarket filters or are those sold separately as an option. If they are included in the package, then what kind were they? Were the charcoals removed? Etc...
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The addition of a nice set of long tube headers and an aggressive race tune would probably put this baby around 800 hp if not more. I'm really hoping that one of the supercharger customers will eventually crave more power and push Weistec for the next phase Click here to enlarge
    I'd bet you're right... but, the 50-state emissions legality would go out the window... so it'd depend on the customer, to be certain.

Plus, people have already complained that the SLS (even stock) is tail-happy and oversteer-prone - this kit (or a future race-only upgrade) probably isn't helping things in that dept. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wasn't talking about the octane. I was simply saying there was no mention of what the package includes. For example, the +47 whp gain was achieved from a tune + aftermarket filters, right? Does that mean the package includes aftermarket filters or are those sold separately as an option. If they are included in the package, then what kind were they? Were the charcoals removed? Etc...
    You guys are seriously going to argue about this again? Didn't get it out of your systems last time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    You guys are seriously going to argue about this again? Didn't get it out of your systems last time?
    Nope.... no arguing. I definitely don't want to derail this thread like we did with the other one. It was a freakin mess last time. Weistec deserves that we focus on their product a little more this time; they are doing great.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well the NA tune isn't only for 91 octane users and it doesn't include filters to my knowledge, it is just the tune you are buying not fuel/filters. The graph included showed on a dyno what the result looks like with the tune on a certain octane and without filters. Filters aren't a feature of the tune just like the baseline shown here with its octane rating isn't a feature of the supercharger and should logically be included on the dyno graph. That is how I see it, separate entities that are part of a picture.

Regardless, they have always done a good job IMO listing features of the product they are selling in press releases.

I have no idea what filters they were, that is a question you would have to ask Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well the NA tune isn't only for 91 octane users and it doesn't include filters to my knowledge, it is just the tune you are buying not fuel/filters. The graph included showed on a dyno what the result looks like with the tune on a certain octane and without filters.
    Actually the graph showed what the "result looks like with the tune and aftermarket filters". The +47 whp gains shown were due to tune + drop-in filters, right? If the filters are not included and the customer just has stock filters, then gains will be lower. And if that was the case, I think they should've provided gains from only a tune then maybe gains from a tune + filters, etc.... this way they are not including gains from something that is not part of what they're selling in the package.... but this is just my opinion of course. I've seen other companies provide dyno with tune-only, tune + filters, tune + filters + charcoals delete, etc....
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually the graph showed what the "result looks like with the tune and aftermarket filters".
    Sorry, my fault, I mean without OEM filters obviously.

And if that was the case, I think they should've provided gains from only a tune then maybe gains from a tune + filters, etc....
    Look, the graph is what it is. It shows exactly what is being run on the dyno. Same thing here. They listed and tested what they listed and what they tested.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it could hit 850 on any dyno without any problems

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Are the M159 headers significantly different from the M156 from the factory?
    The heads on the m159 are very different. I am currently having trouble trying to source the valve train and assembly from the 159. I can get part numbers but mb won't sell the parts to me. This is all to try and make the sls cams work with the 156 motor, hence why just fitting the cams have never worked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thin with the addition of some Supersprint Longtubes and x-pipe, this beast will be hitting 850 on the crank easily

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    The heads on the m159 are very different. I am currently having trouble trying to source the valve train and assembly from the 159. I can get part numbers but mb won't sell the parts to me. This is all to try and make the sls cams work with the 156 motor, hence why just fitting the cams have never worked.
    Ideally one would want the heads and cams.

Does Schrick not have M156 cams?

It is also likely the aftermarket can do better than the M159 heads although clearly they are very good from the factory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Received this pic in my e-mail:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great shot, especially since it doesn't show the rear of the car Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Great shot, especially since it doesn't show the rear of the car Click here to enlarge
    I used to not like the rear but once I saw it in person and on the street, I changed my mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I used to not like the rear but once I saw it in person and on the street, I changed my mind.
    Agreed (although I never minded the rear, I thought some front angles were a little strange), it looks pretty sharp in person. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    isnt the SLS Black Series supposed to come out soon, and supposedly have the same power as wesitec is making with the s/c on the regular SLS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love the SLS supercharger that weistec are providing. I just dont understand the pricing. I mean its basically the same system used on the M156 with just bigger outlet tubing. The M156 kit is $14999, while the M159 kit is for $27999. Can someone explain where the extra $13999 is coming from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
    isnt the SLS Black Series supposed to come out soon, and supposedly have the same power as wesitec is making with the s/c on the regular SLS?
    The SLS Black Series is rumored to have 650 hp. Weistec's SLS is producing 750 hp. A 100 hp more is no joke. And once somebody adds long-tube headers, race tune, and maybe a better intake, the difference will be even larger.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    I love the SLS supercharger that weistec are providing. I just dont understand the pricing. I mean its basically the same system used on the M156 with just bigger outlet tubing. The M156 kit is $14999, while the M159 kit is for $27999. Can someone explain where the extra $13999 is coming from?
    LOL - it's nothing like the same setup on the M156. Look at the layout, the airboxes, plumbing, tuning etc. Is it worth the extra money ? Sure, especially if you can afford an SLS - that's why I wonder why you are constantly bringing up the price of things after you say you just dropped $171k for an SLS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LZH, I wasn't talking about motor configuration. I know that the M156 is different than the M159. I was talking about the SC on both platforms. You did not answer my question, actually it wasn't intended for you. Please calm down and chill and let someone reply to my question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    LZH, I wasn't talking about motor configuration. I know that the M156 is different than the M159. I was talking about the SC on both platforms. You did not answer my question, actually it wasn't intended for you. Please calm down and chill and let someone reply to my question.
    Don't forget about the cost of research and development on these cars. Many people tend to overlook such costs because they mostly occur behind the scenes but no mistake they are high for a car like the SLS. And if a company can't recoup some of those costs, they simply won't proceed. At the end of the day, economics and sales numbers still dictate play here.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The SLS Black Series is rumored to have 650 hp. Weistec's SLS is producing 750 hp. A 100 hp more is no joke. And once somebody adds long-tube headers, race tune, and maybe a better intake, the difference will be even larger.
    I read a blurb in a mag (R&T, Automobile, not sure) that the SLSBS might have the M157 (tuned for even higher perf. than the PP) with MCT instead of the M156 with DCT. Do you know if that's been confirmed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That could be very true. I guess research and economics play a lot in the cost. I understand. Thanks for the informative input

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast