Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    how is the fit? I know the M5 product is piss poor...we have a few sets, one of which is on our M5. It rubs the steering column, and we were told that is "normal" lol...
    Sounds like the Agency power stuff is cheap for a reason.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    A few investigative guys on MBW determined, at least when it comes to the C63 exhaust systems, that the Agency Power, Cargraphic, and Innotech/IPE systems (headers, midpipes, Valvetronic exhausts, etc.) are all sourced from the same Tiawanese fabricator, JIM.
    Makes sense but I'm surprised to see Cargraphic lumped in.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    that sounds obnoxiously loud;maybe it sounds better in person but from the vid it sounds like its straight-piped right from the headers back
    It is straight piped from the headers back.

    It sure sounds great in person though. Car sounds like it means business.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like the Agency power stuff is cheap for a reason.
    I may try the Agency Power valvetronic exhaust. I've been looking for something to restore some civility(sound wise) to my vehicle since it's my daily driver with the luxury of pushing a button and switching to full race mode when racing.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    I may try the Agency Power valvetronic exhaust. I've been looking for something to restore some civility(sound wise) to my vehicle since it's my daily driver with the luxury of pushing a button and switching to full race mode when racing.
    I just ordered the Agency from Rob at vivid so will be able to compare to all the photos I got from iPe Innotech which is double the price. Just getting the rear end and x pipes for now.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I just ordered the Agency from Rob at vivid so will be able to compare to all the photos I got from iPe Innotech which is double the price. Just getting the rear end and x pipes for now.
    Let us know how their shipping is. If Innotech is the same thing why is it double the price?

    Hope you said you found them through BenzBoost Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I just ordered the Agency from Rob at vivid so will be able to compare to all the photos I got from iPe Innotech which is double the price. Just getting the rear end and x pipes for now.
    Nice!

    I'll be ordering mine this week. Just the mufflers and x pipe too. Looks like a decent piece from what I've seen in pics so far.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Nice!

    I'll be ordering mine this week. Just the mufflers and x pipe too. Looks like a decent piece from what I've seen in pics so far.
    Can't wait to hear your car
    I was talking to mike about this couple days ago not bad for the price.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to hear your car
    I was talking to mike about this couple days ago not bad for the price.
    Exhaust is shipping Friday, so I should have it sometime next week.

    Price is decent for an x-pipe, mufflers w/valves and electronics, and tailpipes.

    I'm hoping for some gains from removing the stock resonator and replacing it with the X-pipe plus the difference in exhaust diameter, 2-3/4" vs 2-1/2".

    Even if the gains are minimal, I still appreciate that this kit gives me the ability to switch to race mode and back at the push of a button which is something I desired ever since I went to LT headers.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Exhaust is shipping Friday, so I should have it sometime next week.

    Price is decent for an x-pipe, mufflers w/valves and electronics, and tailpipes.

    I'm hoping for some gains from removing the stock resonator and replacing it with the X-pipe plus the difference in exhaust diameter, 2-3/4" vs 2-1/2".

    Even if the gains are minimal, I still appreciate that this kit gives me the ability to switch to race mode and back at the push of a button which is something I desired ever since I went to LT headers.
    mind if i ask f all this was over $1k? im asking because i paid $675 for cutouts installed on mine, not wireless though.. I LOVE IT, and I think you will too.. the ability to sound badass around your buddies, tone it down for personal enjoyment, and then back to completely quite when you have adult business to take care of.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Anyone know who makes the electric cutouts ?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    281
    Rep Points
    194.8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    so beautiful. wish it came in 6spd manual.
    I don't think Merc will ever make a manual car....

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm wondering how you tune for this ?? With the valves open your for sure getting a lot more backpressure....

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by persian54 Click here to enlarge
    I don't think Merc will ever make a manual car....
    They make manuals, just not in the AMG's.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know who makes the electric cutouts ?
    This may have some good info: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ectric-cutouts

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    mind if i ask f all this was over $1k? im asking because i paid $675 for cutouts installed on mine, not wireless though.. I LOVE IT, and I think you will too.. the ability to sound badass around your buddies, tone it down for personal enjoyment, and then back to completely quite when you have adult business to take care of.
    Over 1K.

    Agency Power was the cheapest out of the three similar setups.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nice - thanks

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I'm wondering how you tune for this ?? With the valves open your for sure getting a lot more backpressure....
    I'm wondering the same thing too, especially since I had a custom dyno tune done last month. I may hold off on the install until I make some runs in my current set up.

    This modification is to make the car sound more civil since it's my daily driver with the hope of a slight hp/tq increase. Agency Power claims a 24RWHP & 16RWTQ on a header/mid pipe car in race mode. One of my many faults is the desire to squeeze out every ounce of horsepower I can.


    Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    I'm wondering the same thing too, especially since I had a custom dyno tune done last month. I may hold off on the install until I make some runs in my current set up.

    This modification is to make the car sound more civil since it's my daily driver with the hope of a slight hp/tq increase. Agency Power claims a 24RWHP & 16RWTQ on a header/mid pipe car in race mode. One of my many faults is the desire to squeeze out every ounce of horsepower I can.


    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...austdyno-1.jpg

    why not just install the cutouts to your current setup ? I guess you'd just have to run the car tuned for the cutouts open and then when they are closed you'd lose a bit of power ? But would that cause an CEL issues I guess is the question ?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    if the cut-outs are right before the muffler, i dont think its gonna need to be retuned, nothing the ecu /dme cant account for on its own anyway. now if they were closer up and before a restriction, then yes, but mufflers i doubt. BUT i could be wrong, very wrong..

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    why not just install the cutouts to your current setup ? I guess you'd just have to run the car tuned for the cutouts open and then when they are closed you'd lose a bit of power ? But would that cause an CEL issues I guess is the question ?
    There shouldn't be any CEL issues(at least I think/hope not). This kit will bolt to my current MHP headers and mid-pipes and replaces the stock resonator, mufflers and tailpipes which is something I always wanted to do. The ability to open/close the system made my decision easier, if that makes sense.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if the cut-outs are right before the muffler, i dont think its gonna need to be retuned, nothing the ecu /dme cant account for on its own anyway. now if they were closer up and before a restriction, then yes, but mufflers i doubt. BUT i could be wrong, very wrong..
    This kit also has an X-pipe which is about the mid point of the vehicle.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A couple of pictures of the kit.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    My system is shipping on Friday too, I received great service from Vivid Racing. Will create a build thread with dyno runs on the following:
    Stock
    Stock+muffler+cross pipe
    Stock+muffler+cross pipe+LTH
    Stock+muffler+cross pipe+LTH+Tune
    Stock+muffler+cross pipe+LTH+Tune+Weistec heads
    Plus all the above with the Weistec Stg2

    The numbers will be funny because I am at 5600ft but numbers are numbers and gains are gains.
    Last edited by George Smooth; 01-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    This modification is to make the car sound more civil since it's my daily driver with the hope of a slight hp/tq increase.
    Look forward to seeing your results, but I'm having a hard time following your logic here? You're leaving the MHP stuff alone, and replacing the stock MB/AMG resonator, mufflers, and tips with a larger diameter aftermarket x-pipe, aftermarket mufflers with electronic cutouts, and tips. Why do you anticipate a "more civil" exhaust tone in any circumstances with the new configuration?

    I'd guess it'll be more like this:

    Loud --------------- Louder --------------------- Stupid Loud
    Current -------- AP system closed ------------ AP system open

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •