Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I think he just meant that it was an over kill if bought only for drag racing since you wouldn't need 99% of the data it gives you. However, the main problem with logging via the OBDII ports on Mercedes vehicles is that the processor and bus speed are way too slow. Bassn_07 from mbworld found a much better system which hooks directly to sensors in the car and log a lot more data a million times faster than through the MB OBDII port. He used Dashdaq/Zeitronix combo which I've seen in action on the dyno (during tuning) and at the track.
    The one I got does not go through the OBD port, they sent me a connection directly to the can bus. Who said that it logs anything through the OBD port?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he just meant that it was an over kill if bought only for drag racing since you wouldn't need 99% of the data it gives you. However, the main problem with logging via the OBDII ports on Mercedes vehicles is that the processor and bus speed are way too slow. Bassn_07 from mbworld found a much better system which hooks directly to sensors in the car and log a lot more data a million times faster than through the MB OBDII port. He used Dashdaq/Zeitronix combo which I've seen in action on the dyno (during tuning) and at the track.
    It doesn't connect through the OBD port, it plugs in directly.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cpais Click here to enlarge
    The one I got does not go through the OBD port, they sent me a connection directly to the can bus. Who said that it logs anything through the OBD port?
    I had not seen that you had already responded to him, I hadnt gotten to this page yet.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly. Overkill. You dont need 50% of the data a Pbox gives you either. The Vbox is good for video but you can just get a GoPro and save yourself some $$ if you dont need all the other datalogging.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't connect through the OBD port, it plugs in directly.
    Sorry about that guys.... hmmm.... the one I saw at Buttonwillow track event a few months ago was connected to the OBDII port Click here to enlarge Is this a newer model?

I'm guessing you'd still have the same problem either way (in terms of data logging) since the can bus speed is ridiculously slow Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very few things are picked up through the bus, maybe RPM is all I am going to use I think. Speed is picked up through the unit itself and displayed on teh screens speedometer. I just think it will be a great sales tool to show what an exhaust sounds like and demonstrate what RPM the car is at and what speed the car is at while you hear it. To bad I am too lazy to use the thing. I am going to take it out of the box tonight and look into using it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. Overkill. You dont need 50% of the data a Pbox gives you either. The Vbox is good for video but you can just get a GoPro and save yourself some $$ if you dont need all the other datalogging.
    Are you gonna come $#@! us up next Tuesday?

Oh, by the way, there is no such thing as overkill!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very few things are picked up through the bus, maybe RPM is all I am going to use I think. Speed is picked up through the unit itself and displayed on teh screens speedometer. I just think it will be a great sales tool to show what an exhaust sounds like and demonstrate what RPM the car is at and what speed the car is at while you hear it. To bad I am too lazy to use the thing. I am going to take it out of the box tonight and look into using it.
    I'll give you $300 for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I'll give you $300 for it.
    You're the cheapest $#@! I've ever met Luke LMAO
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you gonna come $#@! us up next Tuesday?

Oh, by the way, there is no such thing as overkill!!!!
    Im not big on rebuys but it sounds like fun. We shall see what I got going on as we get closer to next week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    You're the cheapest $#@! I've ever met Luke LMAO
    I've been called a lot of things but cheap has never been one of them Click here to enlarge

Waste not want not!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You better watch out Joe.... by promoting propain's record to front page news, Jon maybe angry with you Click here to enlarge
    To the victor go the spoils.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats Propain! I didn't go through all the posts, but did Jon congratulate you, or did he disappear?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    Congrats Propain! I didn't go through all the posts, but did Jon congratulate you, or did he disappear?
    Thanks!

No, Jon has crawled back in his hole. Themyst has taken his place for the time being. He is now asking me for heads up runs and telling me im acting like im faster than Jon but im really not. That and the 60-130 is a failed metric system. There will always be haters. LOL They are both clowns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been called a lot of things but cheap has never been one of them Click here to enlarge

Waste not want not!!!!!!
    you can't take it with you
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Wtf
    Sometimes I like to kick in some spontaneous thoughts to make everyone stop the bickering back and forth Click here to enlarge

But congrats to Propain and the record. Jeremy does have a good thing going for him with his tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks!

No, Jon has crawled back in his hole. Themyst has taken his place for the time being. He is now asking me for heads up runs and telling me im acting like im faster than Jon but im really not. That and the 60-130 is a failed metric system. There will always be haters. LOL They are both clowns.
    If it was metric, wouldn't it be more like 96 km/h to 209 km/h? Also if it was dead, why does he want to run you at those high speeds then? I think you should just invite him to the track if he is still a non-believer Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it was metric, wouldn't it be more like 96 km/h to 209 km/h? Also if it was dead, why does he want to run you at those high speeds then? I think you should just invite him to the track if he is still a non-believer Click here to enlarge
    His words were "NOT the end-all of performance metrics, by all means. Those in the know see otherwise."

So apparently those in the "Know" know that the vbox is not the end all of "Performance Metrics". I really don't even know what he is trying to say with "Performance Metrics" as I don't believe the term applies. Either way, I guess what he is saying is the technology is somewhat flawed and not completely accurate or indicative or actual performance. Thus... going to the track would be the next step...

Either way, I have offered him to come to the track as well and of course the response is nothing but crickets just like Jon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    His words were "NOT the end-all of performance metrics, by all means. Those in the know see otherwise."

So apparently those in the "Know" know that the vbox is not the end all of "Performance Metrics". I really don't even know what he is trying to say with "Performance Metrics" as I don't believe the term applies. Either way, I guess what he is saying is the technology is somewhat flawed and not completely accurate or indicative or actual performance. Thus... going to the track would be the next step...

Either way, I have offered him to come to the track as well and of course the response is nothing but crickets just like Jon.
    Yeah right...now he's saying GPS isn't accurate ? LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah right...now he's saying GPS isn't accurate ? LOL.
    LOL, I was just watching a special on GPS a month or so ago and it explained how the US milatary developed it and then released it to the public after a passanger jet was accidentally flying over another countries airspace and was blown out of the sky. The US military uses some of the same satelites to guide missles as we use in our cars and GPS today is accurate to within +/-2 inches....but Jons claiming the GPS must be wrong LOL.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think what he is reffering to is that the 3% is BS since its calculated over distance. there are ways to "trick" the vbox by using slope against distance to get the best time Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123