Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    so how big is this new blower thats going on your car,2.9L?
    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    That thing looks like it takes more engine power from the engine than it would give!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    or maybe i should swap my 454SS motor into my C63........lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol i know all about the top secret stuff but my lips are sealed as i dont wanna rain on anyones parade..i even know who the top secret tuner is Click here to enlarge

Me too but...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gintani goes out of business and Sticky will still be without a car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
    Gintani goes out of business and Sticky will still be without a car.
    That would be rather sad...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So Sticky, what's the latest with your car? Talked to Gintani? Why are they avoiding or not responding to your calls? That's a VERY bad sign, take it from me I've been down this road. You need to start cracking the whip. I was just notified that Earl and my cars will be done in under a month, that's 3 months (late Oct. to Late Jan.) for two MAJOR builds on par with or bigger than your build, I would start asking questions and calling every day for updates...the squeekie wheel gets the grease. If they don't give you some good answers and proof to back it up I would start looking for an exit plan....TRUST ME on this. Gintani makes evosport look great in my eyes and that's pretty sad. Did you not learn anything from my evosport issue exactly one year ago? Open up your eyes bro, this is looking like a bad situation, at least from the outside looking in it does.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    So Sticky, what's the latest with your car? Talked to Gintani? Why are they avoiding or not responding to your calls? That's a VERY bad sign, take it from me I've been down this road. You need to start cracking the whip. I was just notified that Earl and my cars will be done in under a month, that's 3 months (late Oct. to Late Jan.) for two MAJOR builds on par with or bigger than your build, I would start asking questions and calling every day for updates...the squeekie wheel gets the grease. If they don't give you some good answers and proof to back it up I would start looking for an exit plan....TRUST ME on this. Gintani makes evosport look great in my eyes and that's pretty sad. Did you not learn anything from my evosport issue exactly one year ago? Open up your eyes bro, this is looking like a bad situation, at least from the outside looking in it does.
    Would love to see the new "vendor dispute". Feature used for this that would be great... For the whole forum to witness what happens, and you can be the mediator jr
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know all the facts behind his build as Ive never taken the time to read the thread that is posted on it but I must agree with you;its taken them a disturbingly long period of time to complete his car. I would be absolutely disgusted that my car is not done yet after all this time.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Would love to see the new "vendor dispute". Feature used for this that would be great... For the whole forum to witness what happens, and you can be the mediator jr
    That would be an epic event,worthy of pay per view lol!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1. The MHP/Andy tuner debate will still be going on.
    2. Dodger et all will still be arguing with Sticky
    3. In July 2012 Sticky will still be saying how his car is almost ready
    4. Propain and LZH will discover they are long lost brothers&finally get along
    5. JRCART , STICKY and LZH will all be sponsored by MHP
    6. Right after Keith, Dodger, JRCart, ecampbell finally break into the 9s, someone else will end up taking the MB overall record.
    7. Everyone will suddenly decide they have a mutual interest in cars and there will not be a single 20+ page thread of bickering.
    8. MBworld's server explodes essentially committing suicide when it becomes self-aware and realizes how lame it is.
    9. JRCART will post a picture of his balls Click here to enlarge
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that's pretty sad if they make Evosport look good . maybe sticky is going for this with his car.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    My guess would be that Sticky is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He probably does not want to rock the boat too hard for fear that the car might never get done. His other issue is this site and the fact that Gintani is a paying sponsor/vendor and an outright attack would be viewed as bad, although MHP was a paying vendor as well and Sticky called Andy out....eventually.

I don't care how big of a build it is, its been two years, I have seen frame up restorations and ALMS spec race cars built from the ground up in less time. Bottom line I think Sticky is affraid to make waves for whatever reason so I figure I will make some wavs for him to hopefully motivate the builder to get crackin on his car. If I had not already been down this road it would plrobably not matter to me as much but I clearly see what is going on. If Sticky pays Gintani another penny he nuts, money motivates people so if Gintani realizes he's not gonna get another dime until the car is delivered they might start turning some wrenches and returning his calls. If anything at all came out of my situation with evosport I hope people learned to not pay huge sums of money up front to these tuners. The tuner shoud provide an accurate estimate at the begining of a project, the customer should pay a fair deposit, no more than 25% then a timeline needs to be established and some milestones need to be set and once those marks are met then additional funds can be released to the tuner. That's how I. Am handing allmy builds in the future and if a tuner doent like it they won't get my business. Its time to start holding some of these tuners accountable, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. If a tuner does not have enough positive cash flow or lines of credit with their suppliers do you really want to be doing business with them in the first place?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My guess would be that Sticky is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He probably does not want to rock the boat too hard for fear that the car might never get done. His other issue is this site and the fact that Gintani is a paying sponsor/vendor and an outright attack would be viewed as bad, although MHP was a paying vendor as well and Sticky called Andy out....eventually.

I don't care how big of a build it is, its been two years, I have seen frame up restorations and ALMS spec race cars built from the ground up in less time. Bottom line I think Sticky is affraid to make waves for whatever reason so I figure I will make some wavs for him to hopefully motivate the builder to get crackin on his car. If I had not already been down this road it would plrobably not matter to me as much but I clearly see what is going on. If Sticky pays Gintani another penny he nuts, money motivates people so if Gintani realizes he's not gonna get another dime until the car is delivered they might start turning some wrenches and returning his calls. If anything at all came out of my situation with evosport I hope people learned to not pay huge sums of money up front to these tuners. The tuner shoud provide an accurate estimate at the begining of a project, the customer should pay a fair deposit, no more than 25% then a timeline needs to be established and some milestones need to be set and once those marks are met then additional funds can be released to the tuner. That's how I. Am handing allmy builds in the future and if a tuner doent like it they won't get my business. Its time to start holding some of these tuners accountable, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. If a tuner does not have enough positive cash flow or lines of credit with their suppliers do you really want to be doing business with them in the first place?
    Very good post regarding how to handle tuners and performance shops. I tried to rep you but it's telling me I need to spread it around Click here to enlarge I've been also in a similar situation as you and Sticky in the past (only it was on a much smaller scale) so I know how you guys feel.

There's one thing that would justify taking a little longer time than usual in my opinion.... the DCT research and development phase. That transmission is complex and is relatively new compared to the standard 7-speed tranny we have which has been around for ages. I'm not (by any means) saying his build should take 2+ years to complete, but I would understand if it took 6 to 9 months (maybe even a year) to get a decent grip of such new technology. Two years is just too much for any build.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Talked to them.

Everything is good, hoping SSP comes out next week to Gintani even though it is after New Year's to mount their trans cooler, run their lines, add fluid, and wrap up the trans so the SC can be tuned.

I think we are nearing the end of the road.

Unless you are building your motor I wouldn't say bigger build although definitely a lot of work. Also, DCT building is a little different than working on a traditional torque converter based automatic transmission as I assume is being done per Earl's post. If not, what else would you be getting done?

Trust me, I like Weistec's communication and style better but I don't have an M156.

I did crack the whip a little bit yesterday Click here to enlarge

I learned a whole lot from your Evosport issues and don't forget my car was at Evosport for a while as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont know all the facts behind his build as Ive never taken the time to read the thread that is posted on it but I must agree with you;its taken them a disturbingly long period of time to complete his car. I would be absolutely disgusted that my car is not done yet after all this time.
    Patience. It doesn't bother me, it bothers others more than it seems to bother me.

Mistakes have been made but it is too late now to go back. It just needs to get done.

I don't even intend to keep the car all that long. Just use it for promotional purposes then move on to a another project.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Very good post regarding how to handle tuners and performance shops. I tried to rep you but it's telling me I need to spread it around Click here to enlarge I've been also in a similar situation as you and Sticky in the past (only it was on a much smaller scale) so I know how you guys feel.

There's one thing that would justify taking a little longer time than usual in my opinion.... the DCT research and development phase. That transmission is complex and is relatively new compared to the standard 7-speed tranny we have which has been around for ages. I'm not (by any means) saying his build should take 2+ years to complete, but I would understand if it took 6 to 9 months (maybe even a year) to get a decent grip of such new technology. Two years is just too much for any build.
    Mo, I hear you on the trans but as you said 2 years is way to long, let's be honest I could have a 10 speed transmission designed and developed and installed in under 2 years. The bigger question is why is Sticky allowing it to happen? He complaines that he can't get a return phone call from Gintani...so hop in your car and show up at their shop, their in Van Nuys so it can't be too much of a drive, far easier than when I had to suprise visit evosport last spring and a couple occasions. I hope Sticky chimes in and let's us know why he's playing the part of the bend over boy on this one.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone who knows any of my posting history knows making waves is something I do not have a problem doing.

I'm not paying them another dollar until it is done.

I did not pay a huge sum of money up front, it was 50/50. I paid for the motor build essentially as asking them to pay for that out of pocket was not fair due to the all the parts. I also paid an additional sum due to a head stud issue that has been showing on the other Stage III cars with the head lifting after a certain amount of boost.

Remember, they have other Stage III's running mine just happens to be DCT and that was the entire hold up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Exactly right.

Guys are confusing Gintani and SSP here. SSP took WAY longer than they should have with the transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mo, I hear you on the trans but as you said 2 years is way to long, let's be honest I could have a 10 speed transmission designed and developed and installed in under 2 years. The bigger question is why is Sticky allowing it to happen? He complaines that he can't get a return phone call from Gintani...so hop in your car and show up at their shop, their in Van Nuys so it can't be too much of a drive, far easier than when I had to suprise visit evosport last spring and a couple occasions. I hope Sticky chimes in and let's us know why he's playing the part of the bend over boy on this one.
    I think I explained everything quite well?

And trust me, I don't always sit around quietly. I'm just handling it maturely and doing what is necessary to get the situation resolved to the satisfaction of all parties involved. I also knocked a few grand off the price recently, I know what I'm doing and what is going on.

Will I ever do a build like this again? Nope.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have an ETA? You keep defending Gintani and throwing SSP under the bus but over the past several weeks you have posted on more than one occasion that Gintani was not returning your calls or answering your request for an update so in my eyes that's a Gintani issue.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...and your comment aboutt will you ever do a build like this again? Bro, don't let something like this get in the way of your passion, live and learn and next time hold the tuners ass to the fire and get a contract up front....and IMO 50% down was too much, but that's your deal I guess.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have an ETA? You keep defending Gintani and throwing SSP under the bus but over the past several weeks you have posted on more than one occasion that Gintani was not returning your calls or answering your request for an update so in my eyes that's a Gintani issue.
    I'm not defending Gintani, they need to be better with communication and detailing projects. Paul Walker gets a damn photoshoot on his car, where is mine?

SSP took long on the trans, now the ball is in Gintani's court to do the SC and tuning but they can't tune until the trans is 100% complete.

It also was the holidays. I got the answers I needed yesterday but yes took a while to get a response. Alex stated it is easier to reach him at the shop on the shop line instead of his cell phone as he turns it off when at work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...and your comment aboutt will you ever do a build like this again? Bro, don't let something like this get in the way of your passion, live and learn and next time hold the tuners ass to the fire and get a contract up front....and IMO 50% down was too much, but that's your deal I guess.
    You don't know the total price of the build. Also, you have spent much more at Evosport for less power right? So, in context, 50% may be too much in your opinion but depending on 50% of what it may not look too bad.

It's all part of the process and this being really one of a kind in the M3 world only serves to deliver more content and attention to the forum which is really what the build is for anyway.

This car is just a toy, not my only ride or necessary for daily transportation. I thought the build would only take a year but other builds are taking just as long if not longer. The end result should be worth it, at least I hope so. I'm just anxious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't know the total price of the build. Also, you have spent much more at Evosport for less power right? So, in context, 50% may be too much in your opinion but depending on 50% of what it may not look too bad.

It's all part of the process and this being really one of a kind in the M3 world only serves to deliver more content and attention to the forum which is really what the build is for anyway.

This car is just a toy, not my only ride or necessary for daily transportation. I thought the build would only take a year but other builds are taking just as long if not longer. The end result should be worth it, at least I hope so. I'm just anxious.
    The cost is irrelivent, it shouldn'tmatter if the total cost is $1000, $10,000 or $100,000 a 50% down payment is too much.Use the money owed as a motivational tool.

...and calm down bro, you are not immune to questions on this board. You had no problem sticking your nose in my evosport situation a year ago. Your car and build are kind of becoming an inside joke around here, I think Earl was trying to make that point with his first post in this thread.

Last but not least you want this forum to be a success and a place people can go for accurate info but you're on the defensive a lot lately when the topic of your car comes up, don't think it has gone unoticed. At the end of the day this is your forum and its your car and your money but I would have hoped that my tough lesson might have taught somebody a lesson or saved somebody from the hassles and $#@! I endured.

...get that $#@! done for Bradenton in Feb. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The cost is irrelivent, it shouldn'tmatter if the total cost is $1000, $10,000 or $100,000 a 50% down payment is too much.Use the money owed as a motivational tool.
    I disagree, the cost isn't irrelevant. 10% of 150,000 is more than 50% of 10k for example. Either way, yes, the money owed is a motivational tool. I paid for the motor build which was built so I got what I paid for. The rest is now on them.

...and calm down bro, you are not immune to questions on this board. You had no problem sticking your nose in my evosport situation a year ago. Your car and build are kind of becoming an inside joke around here, I think Earl was trying to make that point with his first post in this thread.
    I'm not worked up at all? It's completely cool to ask me any questions at any time, why wouldn't it be?

Last but not least you want this forum to be a success and a place people can go for accurate info but you're on the defensive a lot lately when the topic of your car comes up, don't think it has gone unoticed. At the end of the day this is your forum and its your car and your money but I would have hoped that my tough lesson might have taught somebody a lesson or saved somebody from the hassles and $#@! I endured.

...get that $#@! done for Bradenton in Feb.
    You are asking questions and I answered them. What is defensive about my responses? I'm just clearing up any details that I felt needed to be cleared up.

Your Evosport situation and my build are completely different things. There were politics and financial issues with Evosport that were at play that are not factors for mine. Trust me, I didn't just deliver a wheel barrow filled with money and say do whatever you guys want and let me know when it is done.

I'm doing all I can to make sure it will be ready for February. Glad you guys decided against January!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast