Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    $#@! all this MHP bull$#@! cause that's all it is. If Andy had any sense of integrity he would post here, but he doesn't so he won't. Personally I'd like to hear more about the above....
    It makes everything in the past look like simply a small misunderstanding...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    I doubt posting here for anyone has anything to do with integrity, this is like a playground/bar were we sit around talk and learn well most of us, but not much of that goes on here more assumptions and $#@! talking then anything else
    It should be an open "bar" type atmosphere where car guys can post and BS with each other. I'm sure some don't like that but for those who want hand holding or censored discussion without "drama" or profanity they can go to their local church or MBW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    You need to stop saying "what Mo advocates".... that was the message I was given, so I delivered it as is.... if I modify the message then I would be altering it which may lead to and be perceived as taking sides. This message has nothing to do with what my opinion is and how I think this should be resolved. My opinion was to try and get Andy to post here by fixing his account and when that went downhill, I said maybe you can get them to post in a 100% neutral site. However, my opinion does not matter as it was not the message I was asked to deliver. I am a third party that is neutral to this incident. I know both Andy and Jim, and have spoken to them a few times through one medium or another.

By the way, the other site does NOT belong to Andy and is NOT under his control. But since this site is under your control, and there is some bad blood between you and Andy, then it would give Andy a disadvantage as well. To be 100% neutral, maybe they should both just post in a 100% neutral site picked by a random member as I have suggested since it's looking like they both won't post in whatever site the other chooses.
    You are right, sorry, it was what Andy advocated although by you relaying you support it as you delivered the message so you deserve some responsibility. You did not mention you disagreed with it.

Yes, it does not belong to him "technically" but considering he pays $100 a month and is the only vendor there with an absent admin, I mean, it really is his site, isn't it?

We aren't playing forum roulette here. A section is up for members to initiate any dispute they want with parties they select to be involved. How much more fair it can get I have no idea. I also want to point out nobody else goes to the effort to have a dispute resolution system that members control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

When the whole thing went down with Andy, I video chatted with him because I didn't believe he couldn't post. He showed me his screen and it would not let him post.
    If this is true please post it, show the screen shot.

Honestly, I've been involved with computers for many years and have seen much more strange stuff than this so anything is possible.
    I understand your point here Mo and weird things do happen but I hope this does not come off the wrong way. I don't think anyone knows this software or how it is configured better than myself. The only restrictions on that account are global usergroup restrictions. If ANY guest vendor can post, they all can post. There is simply no other way around it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

That's what he did.... he setup the private dispute resolution system which allows only the members involved in the situation to post and everybody else can read but not post.
    It can even be set to be private so only parties involved can read...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

That's what he did.... he setup the private dispute resolution system which allows only the members involved in the situation to post and everybody else can read but not post.
    It can even be set to be private so only parties involved can read...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps his IP is blocked? Admin has the capacity to do that.

Either way, even if he were to post on BB, the only way the issue would see the light of day without outside interference is if Sticky set up a thread where ONLY jrcart (a single username entity) and MHP could post.
    IP is not blocked and that is exactly what I did.

For any dispute that needs to be resolved ANY of you can create a thread and name your disputed party and only those named will be able to participate. Hell, maybe one day BB will be resolving disputes that don't even have to do with cars? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have no desire to control members.

I mean, if you don't like what certain guys say just use your ignore list?

Last month we got 3 new sponsors so I think I'm doing fine. I also think good vendors understand this is a place for car guys and some of them don't watch what they say all that closely.

Earl, if you prefer less drama the other site definitely will be more your style. I'm not trying to mimic them, different flavors for different people.

Also, I read more thread here than anyone and it does not happen in every thread. As a matter of fact, it is specifically a handful of members on the Mercedes side who have trouble getting along.
    You obviously better a business than I am so I will let it be. Good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    You obviously better a business than I am so I will let it be. Good luck.
    I don't think I'm better in business at all, this is just a different kind of business. We each have our own areas of expertise.

I appreciate sentiment of good luck and wish you the same for the next year.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567