Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Arrow MHP vs JRCart..... Where is my refund?

I figured it would be better to start a new thread about this topic in order to reduce some of the derailing of the other threads. Jim, if you rather we don't have a separate thread about it, please let me know and I will take it down as soon as I can.

Basically, I'm trying to see if I can help resolve the refund dispute between JRCart and Andy which I hope (after some time) may end the bad blood between them. For those of you who are not up to speed, this is the short version....

Jim had bought an MHP tune from Andy a couple of years back. He ran the tune at the track and broke a few records. Later he decided he wanted a refund because evosport discovered it was actually just their tune. JRCart never received a refund. I spoke to Andy regarding the issue and he said that Jim received the refund he wanted when he asked for it a while back. Jim, do you want to chime in and take it from here in regards to filling out some details?
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Mo,do you REALLY want to get in the middle of this? Probably not the best idea...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    God bless you MO for your good intentions.

I hope they work out my friend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How is Andy going to reply? Are you going to put his answers up I've even spoke to Andy about this and I think both sides are really opinionated about it?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Mo,do you REALLY want to get in the middle of this? Probably not the best idea...
    Well.... I was able to help the RENNtech guy a couple of months back and the wheel guy from mbworld last year, so maybe I can do something here. Jim gave me the okay to try, so I figured what's the harm Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    How is Andy going to reply? Are you going to put his answers up I've even spoke to Andy about this and I think both sides are really opinionated about it?
    I'm hoping Sticky can help in that regard and maybe allow a few responses back from Andy so both parties can at least reach a resolution. If nobody wants to go there, I'll just remove the thread.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good luck, I really hope this works out to aleaviat some of this nonsense, good luck if there is any thing I can do let me know,
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really don't think a guy who spent 300k in modding his car would care about getting back his $1000-$3000 tune. I'm pretty sure that Jim doesn't like the way Andy was conducting buisness with him, and it is for that reason he is wanting everybody to know about it and is asking for a refund.

The idea is if you deal with MHP and make a payment for a product, then don't expect a refund when you don't like it.

I just want to know, how did he get a hold of a power hip tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    I really don't think a guy who spent 300k in modding his car would care about getting back his $1000-$3000 tune. I'm pretty sure that Jim doesn't like the way Andy was conducting buisness with him, and it is for that reason he is wanting everybody to know about it and is asking for a refund.

The idea is if you deal with MHP and make a payment for a product, then don't expect a refund when you don't like it.

Those are pretty generalized statements and really don't take into account the details of the situation which you are clearly unaware of. It goes back years and there is alot more to it. And in MHP's defense, they actually did refund quite a few people so saying that you shouldn't expect a refund if you do business with them is not only incorrect, but also inappropriate and misleading.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Later he decided he wanted a refund because evosport discovered it was actually just their tune.
    Wait, wtf?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    No, but he does have the right intentions and honestly wants to help. This will ignite a giant $#@! storm though but I just want to make it clear he truly, honestly wants to help.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I figured it would be better to start a new thread about this topic in order to reduce some of the derailing of the other threads. Jim, if you rather we don't have a separate thread about it, please let me know and I will take it down as soon as I can.

Basically, I'm trying to see if I can help resolve the refund dispute between JRCart and Andy which I hope (after some time) may end the bad blood between them. For those of you who are not up to speed, this is the short version....

Jim had bought an MHP tune from Andy a couple of years back. He ran the tune at the track and broke a few records. Later he decided he wanted a refund because evosport discovered it was actually just their tune. JRCart never received a refund. I spoke to Andy regarding the issue and he said that Jim received the refund he wanted when he asked for it a while back. Jim, do you want to chime in and take it from here in regards to filling out some details?
    Mo, I mentioned I could install a dispute resolution software upgrade which would allow one party to work it out with another party through a mediator with no third party interjections... that would likely be the only way.

Still, it's absurd it has been this long without a refund and I would even ask for interest considering we are talking years now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm hoping Sticky can help in that regard and maybe allow a few responses back from Andy so both parties can at least reach a resolution. If nobody wants to go there, I'll just remove the thread.
    Guys, I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out or stated. Andy isn't banned or locked out or anything for that matter. Why do people continue to work under this false assumption?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Funny how much talk there is about MHP now that MHP is no longer here. Click here to enlarge

You know what they say.... All publicity is good publicity. Andy is most likely grinning from ear to ear. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge

He doesn't care about the money, that isn't the issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Funny how much talk there is about MHP now that MHP is no longer here. Click here to enlarge

You know what they say.... All publicity is good publicity. Andy is most likely grinning from ear to ear. LOL
    I highly doubt that. How is this publicity? That a company has failed for years to provide a refund? That sure looks good to potential clients.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I highly doubt that. How is this publicity? That a company has failed for years to provide a refund? That sure looks good to potential clients.
    I don't no how you are always so one sided, there are always 3 sides to every story? Your hatred runs deep, I feel you should be more neutural but then again who am I
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't no how you are always so one sided, there are always 3 sides to every story? Your hatred runs deep, I feel you should be more neutural but then again who am I
    Hate for whom or for what?

Guy paid, got no refund, what else is there to it? Some kind of crazy spin? We are talking years by now.

I supported MHP through all their nonsense and bit my lip after every antic. I don't have to do that any longer thankfully. This isn't a product issue but customer service one. I hope it is resolved, I'm not sure what else to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hate for whom or for what?

Guy paid, got no refund, what else is there to it? Some kind of crazy spin? We are talking years by now.

I supported MHP through all their nonsense and bit my lip after every antic. I don't have to do that any longer thankfully. This isn't a product issue but customer service one. I hope it is resolved, I'm not sure what else to say.
    In the op it states that one party says they didn't get a refund and the other party states they did, I remeber all the back and forth from years ago I'm not on either side nor do I care, just wondering why your not neutural
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In the op it states that one party says they didn't get a refund and the other party states they did, I remeber all the back and forth from years ago I'm not on either side nor do I care, just wondering why your not neutural
    Well my opinion is based on evidence and experience that he did not get his refund and IF that is the case then the party in the wrong should issue a refund.

If a refund was issued then I commend quality customer service.

I think that is more than fair.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay fellas.... I'm going to take everybody's advise and request that Sticky closes this thread. I thought maybe I could get Jim and Andy to come to a resolution on this whole refund problem because it kept coming up in multiple threads, but I think at this point it'll be a lost cause. I wasn't expecting them to become friends or anything like that, but was hoping they would get past the refund issue because it appears to have left very sour taste with both of them.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay fellas.... I'm going to take everybody's advise and request that Sticky closes this thread. I thought maybe I could get Jim and Andy to come to a resolution on this whole refund problem because it kept coming up in multiple threads, but I think at this point it'll be a lost cause. I wasn't expecting them to become friends or anything like that, but was hoping they would get past the refund issue because it appears to have left very sour taste with both of them.
    As you requested, closing.

Although I think this leaves a lot of unresolved questions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

My response to the MHP vs JRCART refund thread

Mo, the thread was locked before I ever saw it. I do not think a thread was needed, if I was ever going to receive a refund Andy would have already given it to me.

Let me clarify a few points, I actually purchased 2 tunes from MHP, an NA tune and a nitrous tune. The tune I was least happy with was the nitrous tune because it was a dangerous tune that could have lead to detonation. It was not until later on that it was discovered that Andy essentialy just sold me a PC tune, this was discovered by Jeremy when he was tuning for PC. Jeremy, please feel free to chime in. Let me also clarify that NO records were et with Andys tunes(I use that phrase loosely), the 11.0s I ran at Famoso were run with PC tunes on nitrous with the PC NA tune. I was NEVER issued a refund for either tune and if I was I would like Andy to open up his books and bank statements and post a copy showing any transfer of funds from his accounts to mine, that's the easiest way to clear this up, right?. I have very good book keeping, I have my accounting manager also handle payments to tuners for my car mods so I can produce a paper trail showing no refund was ever recieved/processed.

I am not expecting to ever receive the money/refund from Andy and to be honest I love being able to hang it over his head whenever I need to, just to let people know what kind of a business he operates.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Mo, the thread was locked before I ever saw it. I do not think a thread was needed, if I was ever going to receive a refund Andy would have already given it to me.

Let me clarify a few points, I actually purchased 2 tunes from MHP, an NA tune and a nitrous tune. The tune I was least happy with was the nitrous tune because it was a dangerous tune that could have lead to detonation. It was not until later on that it was discovered that Andy essentialy just sold me a PC tune, this was discovered by Jeremy when he was tuning for PC. Jeremy, please feel free to chime in. Let me also clarify that NO records were et with Andys tunes(I use that phrase loosely), the 11.0s I ran at Famoso were run with PC tunes on nitrous with the PC NA tune. I was NEVER issued a refund for either tune and if I was I would like Andy to open up his books and bank statements and post a copy showing any transfer of funds from his accounts to mine, that's the easiest way to clear this up, right?. I have very good book keeping, I have my accounting manager also handle payments to tuners for my car mods so I can produce a paper trail showing no refund was ever recieved/processed.

I am not expecting to ever receive the money/refund from Andy and to be honest I love being able to hang it over his head whenever I need to, just to let people know what kind of a business he operates.
    Thanks for chiming in Jim.... I thought you saw the thread but didn't want to comment on it since you posted in the other MHP thread but not in my thread, but that could've been Rich I guess Click here to enlarge

So basically I talked to Andy about it after you gave me the okay and figured I could help to get you guys to resolve this issue. He said that you requested a refund back then for a certain amount and actually received it. If you want me to continue to be involved between you guys even through private message or what not, I will. If not, then I won't interfere.

So you're saying you never got a refund from Andy at all for any of the tunes?
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Threads merged, re-opened as per JRCART's response to the matter.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast