Close

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 576 to 581 of 581
  1. #576
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Hope all your wines were bought from the source and not imported or distributed by a 3rd party middle man with a mark up,,
    Mike, you of all people should know that most all liquor is sold through distrubutors and importers, no way around it, they created a mini monopoly. Don't try to confuse the issue by comparing apples and oranges. If you are happy with Andy and MHP and you believe he brings a certain "value" to the table then his mark up is justified. I just have a problem believing he brings that much value added service to the table but if you say so then great. The ECU tuning market is already whored out to bottom barrel prices because of a combination of competition (good thing for consumer) and a weak economy(bad thing), it is not a product that can uphold much mark up or "middle men" anymore, at least not for these cars. Like I said, my biggest gripe is how Andy was quick too criticize "middle men" in the past and know that its known that he does not have a shop and outsources EVERYTHING he and his fans want to sign a different tune(no pun intended).
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northport NY
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Points
    736.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Mike, you of all people should know that most all liquor is sold through distrubutors and importers, no way around it, they created a mini monopoly. Don't try to confuse the issue by comparing apples and oranges. If you are happy with Andy and MHP and you believe he brings a certain "value" to the table then his mark up is justified. I just have a problem believing he brings that much value added service to the table but if you say so then great. The ECU tuning market is already whored out to bottom barrel prices because of a combination of competition (good thing for consumer) and a weak economy(bad thing), it is not a product that can uphold much mark up or "middle men" anymore, at least not for these cars. Like I said, my biggest gripe is how Andy was quick too criticize "middle men" in the past and know that its known that he does not have a shop and outsources EVERYTHING he and his fans want to sign a different tune(no pun intended).
    Nice post, there is a value to customer service and I don't like the forum owner frowning upon members for such stupid things Andy isn't my brother so say what you want leave me out of it that's all.. I'm a good guy trying to get out there and learn and have fun but the stupid talk on here is nonesense
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,760
    Rep Points
    31,552.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Hope all your wines were bought from the source and not imported or distributed by a 3rd party middle man with a mark up,,
    I get your analogy Dodger but software is not a perishable item with a necessary distribution network based around it.

    I will make a point though that the wine I buy when not going through retail is much cheaper. I get Opus One for less than 100 a bottle, most people pay $180. That is all the middle man right there.

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,760
    Rep Points
    31,552.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Nice post, there is a value to customer service and I don't like the forum owner frowning upon members for such stupid things Andy isn't my brother so say what you want leave me out of it that's all.. I'm a good guy trying to get out there and learn and have fun but the stupid talk on here is nonesense
    I'm not frowning on you at all???

    Yes, you are a good guy. I like your posts and perspective. Why are you taking anything negatively?

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Nice post, there is a value to customer service and I don't like the forum owner frowning upon members for such stupid things Andy isn't my brother so say what you want leave me out of it that's all.. I'm a good guy trying to get out there and learn and have fun but the stupid talk on here is nonesense
    Mike.... I want you to know that I really appreciate your enthusiasm and persistence for going faster and pushing the M156 na to higher limits. Your track results and willingness to help out at the track are a big motivation for many people to go out there and start racing. Keep doing what you're doing bro and happy holidays Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Mike, you of all people should know that most all liquor is sold through distrubutors and importers, no way around it, they created a mini monopoly. Don't try to confuse the issue by comparing apples and oranges. If you are happy with Andy and MHP and you believe he brings a certain "value" to the table then his mark up is justified. I just have a problem believing he brings that much value added service to the table but if you say so then great. The ECU tuning market is already whored out to bottom barrel prices because of a combination of competition (good thing for consumer) and a weak economy(bad thing), it is not a product that can uphold much mark up or "middle men" anymore, at least not for these cars. Like I said, my biggest gripe is how Andy was quick too criticize "middle men" in the past and know that its known that he does not have a shop and outsources EVERYTHING he and his fans want to sign a different tune(no pun intended).
    Great post Jim/Rich Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •