Close

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MHP Revised Software (v3 & v4 CDT R) Proves Superior to TechTec

Having recently re-broken several of MHP’s standing records at the strip utilizing their revised remapping " v3 & v4 CDT R " vs their old software partner Techtec as the only variable, including World's Quickest & Fastest N/A Mercedes Benz/AMG Dodger63 (v4 CDT) thus displaying our on-track superiority.

ATCO 12/5/11:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...1211Record.jpg

ATCO 12/5/11:

As well as Full Weight 93 octane Header/Tune, Petro63, v3 CDTR:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ikePetroPB.jpg

MIR 12/10/11:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...1066Record.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/album/r2...IR2hotlap5.jpg

One of many Back-up Passes on Video:

On 12/17/11 in Columbus, OH
    MHP commenced with Stage 2 of their plan to further distinguish and differentiate their own revised software by displaying dyno proven gains via live dyno tuning over former software partner TechTec. Myself, Petro63/Mike Petrosino and crew were on hand to witness the evolution of our C63’s tuning from a good/very good file to a hands down, best on market custom remap. These files will comprise MHPs new base files going forward so every MHP customer will benefit from the changes and findings made (an improvement in power and torque vs the beta remaps that proved superior at the track) on the dyno, as well as the significantly lower cost of all of our software and consequently packages Stages 1-5. A DynoJet 248 (Inertia Based meaning no load and lower numbers than an eddy current based DJ with typical 20-30% load) was used to baseline the old Techtec tuning vs MHP's new remapping. As you can see the fan setup was far from sufficient for N/A tuning as such we have no doubt that actual real world output is a solid 10-20rwhp higher. Ok enough speculation, on with the facts:

1) First up PetroC63 in his 2010 MHP S2 CMR C63, equipped with MHP v3 CDTR, MHP 1 7/8" SS LT Headers with 3" Mids, MHP 180F Thermosat, MHP Thermal Gaskets, and a RENNtech CF airboxes on 93 octane.

The baseline pull (TechTec), although still quite easy to see how much lower the curves are, was erratic as far as logging due to inducive clip not being properly secured to the ignition wire. Final gains at peak are 17rwhp/20rwtq with gains of 30rwtq from 2500-3250rpm post MHP retuning:

TechTec Baseline: 465rwhp/422rwtq

Revised MHP v3 CDT: 482rwhp/442rwtq

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...oTuneFinal.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/DSC00025.jpg

Videos on the Dyno:

In this graph of Petro's C63 you can see the evolution of a custom dyno tuned v3 CDTR remap compared to a TechTec baseline. We took the time to swap back and forth using my stock airboxes to test and found the RENNtech airboxes netted higher peak numbers while shifting the curve to the right. It (RT airbox) required some additional map changes vs AMGFTW’s C63 (identical less the RT Airbox) however in the end it was worth it as the numbers speak for themselves:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...evsTechtec.jpg

2) Next up current World Record Holder Mike Conforti’s 2009 S2.5 CMR C63 featuring MHP v4 CDT (dedicated race gas tuning), MHP 1 7/8” LT Headers and 3” Mids, MHP 3” Race Catback with X-pipe, MHP 180F Thermostat, MHP Thermal Gaskets, and Carbonio Airboxes on 100 octane unleaded race fuel.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...otuneFinal.jpg

TechTec Baseline: 480rwhp/444rwtq

Revised MHP v3 CDT: 504rwhp/460rwtq

Gains of 24rwhp/17rwtq

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/DSC00029.jpg

Please note there was zero detonation detected while logging post MHP tuning.

Video on the Dyno:

3) Last up: Me Click here to enlarge in my 2009 MHP S2CM C63 featuring MHP v3 CDT, MHP 1 7/8” LT Headers and 3” MIds, MHP 180F Thermostat, MHP Thermal Gaskets, and K&N drop-in airfilters on 93 octane. Current ¼ mile PB: 11.38@126.1, Edgewater.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...otuneFinal.jpg

Techtec Baseline: 454rwhp/422rwtq

Revised MHP v3 CDT: 468rwhp/442rwtq

Gains of 14rwhp/20rwtq

Video on the Dyno:

As you can see from a previous MHP pull vs the Techtec baseline detonation was eliminated at multiple data points during the dyno tuning session:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/DSC00030.jpg

After a successful day on the dyno some road testing and subjective feedback was definitely in order:

I was first to hit the road (driving my car) and immediately noted that my C63 no longer threw a MAF or 02 related CEL, that my part throttle hesitation was gone, and that the car was noticeably smoother and faster with improved and faster shifts at WOT.

Andy had the pleasure of driving Dodger’s beast from the shop to the dyno and back dyno (around 20 miles each way most of which is highway). Improvements in the tuning came not just in the form of power and torque gains. Map changes were made to eliminate an unnecessarily choppy cold air idle, the WOT 3-4 shift in auto (the only one that wouldn’t spin the tires 100% of the time) felt like a crisp Manual mode shift, tables that were previously untouched or entered incorrectly were fixed. In fact Mike’s car tore up MHP's own project E55 (MHP S1: 182mm pulley, ECU/TCU, HE, TSTAT, IC Pump) with 520rwhp/620rwtq from a 65-125 roll by 4-6 cars. The pull was linear and fierce to say the least based on feedback from Andy and will no doubt result in lower ETs and higher trap speeds than in previous record run(s).

Mike Petrosino checked in a few hours into his 11hr one way trip to pass on that he had taken the car off the trailer and had identical feedback as myself and Andy regarding the improvement in software: strong, smooth with unquestionable gains and superior drivability at part throttle.

In the next few weeks MHP racers from around the world will perform additonal track testing and VBox data logging, as MHP further differentiates ourselves from our former software partner, and more importantly to display the superiority and potency of our new software. While I and many others believe dynos are one of the many useful measuring sticks of performance, as any racer would I recognize track and VBox testing to be superior barometers of N/A performance due to real world airflow and load.

A huge Thank You to all those involved for the time and effort expended, I think I speak for everyone when I say the results were well worth it. MHP will begin custom dyno tuning (actual, legitimate custom dyno tuning) on M156/M159 and M157 equipped AMG models in January 2012, based on my objective and subjective gains this is a no-brainer option.
    Click here to enlarge
    11.38@126.1 MHP Stg 2
    C32 AMG 13.6@104 Bone Stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why does this feel like advertisement?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where is this Dyno? Where would the custom Dyno tune be done?

Why were the Dyno charts "Uncorrected" rather than "SAE"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How about this, does this feel like an advertisement? Feel free to move it to it's own thread unless you have an issue with a member who runs MHP software?

New Custom MHP v3 tune - 482RWHP/444RWTQ(93 octane)

Recently I switched to a revised version of an MHP tune, this was the tune I was running at Atco on Dec. 5th when I ran a personal best of 11.29 @ 124.72. I was extremely happy with the results but like many I’m always in search for more horsepower. That being said, Andy from MHP approached me regarding a custom dyno tune. There was one minor problem, the custom tuning would be done in Ohio, a 10+ hour drive from New Jersey. I’ve always desired a custom tune and regardless of the distance I decided to make the trip. To me, my decision was justified based on the results.

A Dynojet 248 dyno was used on all pulls.

Baseline numbers: 465 RWHP - 422 RWTQ

Custom Tune numbers: 482 RWHP - 444 RWTQ
    30+ RWTQ numbers in the midrange.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Honestly, I think the numbers would have been higher because only one fan was used for all pulls. As many know it is very difficult to replicate actual wind speed on a dyno.

Drivability, acceleration and shifting have all been improved from prior versions. The vehicle pulls harder than ever which I attribute to the extra 30+ RWTQ in the 3000 to 5000 RPM range. MHP’s new tuner did a tremendous job on my vehicle and I cannot say enough how different the car feels from before. Power seems endless and on tap at every rpm.

This has been one of my goals from the very beginning and I recommend it to all owners if the opportunity presents itself.

Also, just to note, we swapped out my RENNtech air box for the stock air boxes and the RENNtech made more power on the dyno which backs up my data from previous track results.

I want to thank MHP and all who were involved in setting up and executing this event. It was nice meeting everyone. Kent(AMGFTW) and Mike(dodger63) car were also there and put up awesome numbers too. I was never a huge fan of dyno’s but they can be important for determining gains and for nailing down air/fuel ratios.

This new MHP tune is highly recommended
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Where is this Dyno? Where would the custom Dyno tune be done?

Why were the Dyno charts "Uncorrected" rather than "SAE"?
    A Dynojet 248 inertia based dyno was used on all pulls in Ohio
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    A Dynojet 248 inertia based dyno was used on all pulls in Ohio
    Those tend to read a bit high verses a true loading dyno like a Mustang dyno. Were the baseline Techtec pulls done on the same day? If so it still shows a gain so reading high or not its still a plus.

I don't follow the answer though, why not use SAE correction?

Ahhh damn, 11 hours for Custom Dyno is far. Can you say who the supplier is now or is the tune owned by MHP? Epoxy a thing of the past or still on the ECU?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wondering why it is so jumpy on the peak numbers? Mostly on the top end. Looks like timing pull or knock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How about this, does this feel like an advertisement? Feel free to move it to it's own thread unless you have an issue with a member who runs MHP software?
    It has nothing to do with software members chose to run which is their business with their vehicles.

It has everything to do with a post being framed exactly in the same way MHP would advertise their products but if it was simply the intention of the poster to share his results no harm, no foul, and encouraged.

I just wonder why the word "our" is used...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those tend to read a bit high verses a true loading dyno like a Mustang dyno. Were the baseline Techtec pulls done on the same day? If so it still shows a gain so reading high or not its still a plus.

I don't follow the answer though, why not use SAE correction?

Ahhh damn, 11 hours for Custom Dyno is far. Can you say who the supplier is now or is the tune owned by MHP? Epoxy a thing of the past or still on the ECU?
    Jim,

All pulls were done on the same day. Noy sure why a SAE correction was not used but I assure you all pulls were done the same way.

I can't say who the tuner is because I signed an NDA but epoxy is long gone.Click here to enlarge

Mike
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just wonder why the word "our" is used...
    The OP's car was tuned too.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jim,

All pulls were done on the same day. Noy sure why a SAE correction was not used but I assure you all pulls were done the same way.

I can't say who the tuner is because I signed an NDA but epoxy is long gone.Click here to enlarge

Mike
    Mike,

Good stuff, thanks for the answers. SAE not being used inflates the numbers a bit, but it still doesn't take away from the gains from one file to the next.

Thank god no epoxy! How about price? Can you discuss?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Better yet....why does the writing style and posting style with the multiple links and bold headlines look exactly like Andy's previous posts here and not at all like AMGFTW's previous posts on this board ? LOL. And what is with the one single ghetto Home Depot fan on top of a barstool ? Did Barfly do that ? LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Better yet....why does the writing style and posting style with the multiple links and bold headlines look exactly like Andy's previous posts here and not at all like AMGFTW's previous posts on this board
    This is what raised my eyebrows and was my concern.

I think it is obvious but just to prove we are not mean spirited I fully encourage sharing of good track results no matter who it is.

So, let's discuss the tune and changes making an attempt at maintaining a positive course for the thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    Wondering why it is so jumpy on the peak numbers? Mostly on the top end. Looks like timing pull or knock.
    If you are referring to my post the whole run was jumpy due to the removal of the air filters. This is what I was told.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Jim,

Mike
    Glad to see the epoxy gone, but I do have an issue with singing ANYTHING for what I pay money for, IMHO.

Afterall, it IS MY money, so If I paid for it it IS mine, IMHO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jim,

Mike
    An NDA for an ECU tune ??? LOL...someone must be paranoid. LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see the epoxy gone, but I do have an issue with singing ANYTHING for what I pay money for, IMHO.

I agree with you but the thinking here is to keep the new tuner from getting out for several obvious reasons. The most prominent of which would be going directly to the source.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    An NDA for an ECU tune ??? LOL...someone must be paranoid. LOL.
    If the tuner were to know of all the past issues or if people were to go direct it would only end up hurting MHP is really what it boils down to. I doubt it shocks anyone.

Heh, NDA's for ECU tunes though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge

I understand your stance but we were all made aware of the stipulations ahead of time.

And it really was not that expensive.Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand your stance but we were all made aware of the stipulations ahead of time.
    That is good to hear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the tuner were to know of all the past issues or if people were to go direct it would only end up hurting MHP is really what it boils down to. I doubt it shocks anyone.

Simply not stating who the tuner was would take care of that unless the entire process was done at the new tuners shop. Then there would be no way around it but there would be very little ways to know if someone spilled the beans unless it was written or recorded.

I can understand the NDA if the product is still in the testing phase. I don't know if Weistec used one during its R&D since they weren't using their own car, but I can see it as a possibility.

I cant see a continued practice of using an NDA for every MHP customer though. That would be kinda silly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mike,

Good stuff, thanks for the answers. SAE not being used inflates the numbers a bit, but it still doesn't take away from the gains from one file to the next.

Thank god no epoxy! How about price? Can you discuss?
    I agree Jim, the gains are the most important thing.

As far as price it was cheap. To give you some perspective I paid almost the same in fuel and hotel stay, not counting dyno time.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not for the tune but to keep the tuner's identity secret.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I cant see a continued practice of using an NDA for every MHP customer though. That would be kinda silly.
    Most likely just won't be told so they won't need an NDA.

It will come out eventually anyway, just a matter of time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not for the tune but to keep the tuner's identity secret.
    Correct, was just poking fun.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast