Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

12 point buck vs. E55 = everybody loses

Last night:

. . .fortunately, saw him at the last minute, the road had no other cars, I zigged, he zagged, missed the front end collision but he did a number on my left side.

The good:

1) Vossens where tucked safely away in the garage
    2) Nobody was hurt (except for the buck but like the criminal he is, he fled the scene)
    3) I was able to drive home
    4) I guess I wont have to pay for the paint job on my new E63 bumper I just bought
    5) dont need a police report (called them - they told me that)
    6) I'm fairly impressed with myself that I was able to count the points as he was getting ready to put his rack through my window.
    7) I drive a 11 sec E55 for fun that proves why Mercedes are "Mercedes"Click here to enlarge

The bad

1) not a fan of taking any life (even if that ****er had a death wish)
    2) damage really doesn't look that bad but the car is definitely driving "off" (i'm fairly confident that the front wheel took a hit and the suspension paid part of the price)
    3) can't open the driver's door from the outside
    4) LITERALLY JUST WASHED THE CAR TODAY
    5) turn signal's out, pretty sure my "turning headlights" are not turning, and blood and hair is just nasty on a car....
    6) down time to get it fixed

Edit: absolutely no drinking was involved - was picking up the wifey from the metro (as she had been drinking - single gentlemen - yet another reason to think long and hard about marriageClick here to enlarge

This morning. . .

My CSI like deduction skills have informed me it went down something like this:

1) fist impact was on left side bumper/ 1/4 panel area resulting in a "popped headlight", turnsignal, damage to the bumper, front quarter panel and possible suspension damage as a result of hitting the wheel when turned. . .

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The ****er's head then decided to introduce itself to my hood. . .

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

while his body said "hello" to my doors. . .

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

full shot. . .

Click here to enlarge

and now. . .in order for me to get my speed fix. . .I relegated to this. . .

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Ouch!
    Thankfully you are ok&nobody was injured. I remember how upset I was when I hit a deer in my brand new C5 Vette right around this time back in 04,car had less than 1000miles on it so I know EXACTLY how you feel seeing your baby smacked up like that. Hopefully the unseen damage is not too bad&you are back on the road quickly Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Ouch!
    Thankfully you are ok&nobody was injured. I remember how upset I was when I hit a deer in my brand new C5 Vette right around this time back in 04,car had less than 1000miles on it so I know EXACTLY how you feel seeing your baby smacked up like that. Hopefully the unseen damage is not too bad&you are back on the road quickly Click here to enlarge

Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Could have been worse, definitely, especially considering it was enough force that the door won't open from the outside now.

Is the car drifting to a certain to a certain side?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not drifting per say (but I didn't check with the "no hands" test). . .it feels like the hit know the camber off - definitely noticeable when turning. . . all ready got the estimate and the car is at the body shop as we speak - I'm taking the opportunity to do some "tweeks" - I'll post pics when done. . .Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Not drifting per say (but I didn't check with the "no hands" test). . .it feels like the hit know the camber off - definitely noticeable when turning. . . all ready got the estimate and the car is at the body shop as we speak - I'm taking the opportunity to do some "tweeks" - I'll post pics when done. . .Click here to enlarge
    Cool, hope everything gets resolved nicely.