Close

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Velos Designwerks releases Mercedes M157 twin turbo V8 tune - +94 horsepower, +126 torque to the wheels

    If you guys have not heard of Velos Designwerks definitely get accustomed to the name, you are going to be hearing it frequently. Velos is the new project of Omar Murray (formerly of Active Autowerke) along with several other key individuals in the aftermarket automotive industry. This is their M157 tune and the results are impressive with gains of 94 horsepower to the wheels along with 126 wheel torque. We are sourcing a larger dynojet graph than what is shown which should be posted shortly.

    The dyno runs were done in Florida on a hot 90 degree day. If not local, the ECU can be sent in with a 1 day turnaround as long as the ECU is received before 1 PM EST. Removing the ECU on this motor is not difficult at all, 5 minute affair. Intro pricing is available for BenzBoost members, contact info@velosdesignwerks.com for more details.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Video added.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Dynograph added.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    326
    Rep Points
    274.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Damn I can't wait to jump onto this platform!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Damn I can't wait to jump onto this platform!
    I'm loving it. This is going to become a VERY popular tuner platform.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow! 670hp from a tune.

    This powerplant is going to be epic.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Wow! 670hp from a tune.

    This powerplant is going to be epic.
    It's insane! And it is just getting warmed up...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's insane! And it is just getting warmed up...
    As far as tuning goes, I think this engine is going to have the upper hand on the new M5. That extra 1+ liter is big.

    Now that the the E63 is lighter than the M5 and from what I have read is more agile. E63 with the 5.5L TT sounds like a great platform.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    As far as tuning goes, I think this engine is going to have the upper hand on the new M5. That extra 1+ liter is big.

    Now that the the E63 is lighter than the M5 and from what I have read is more agile. E63 with the 5.5L TT sounds like a great platform.
    Displacement will definitely have an edge but the M5 does have the DCT which evens the playing field a bit.

    The E63 with performance package did lose to the M5 in a drag race...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The E63 with performance package did lose to the M5 in a drag race...
    Does the DCT really have that much more advantage over Benz's new MCT? Yes the DCT is a true dual-clutch, but what are shift time comparisons?

    Are You talking about that video that was up last week, with the panamera and jag also.That was a fun video of 4 guys hopping in cars and flooring it (Top Gear style). Is there any 1/4 mile times by magazines? I am sure stock for stock, on a prepped dragstrip, same driver. Their times are almost identical.

    But I was talking more tuning potential anyways.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Does the DCT really have that much more advantage over Benz's new MCT?
    Yes.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Are You talking about that video that was up last week, with the panamera and jag also.That was a fun video of 4 guys hopping in cars and flooring it (Top Gear style).
    Exactly, it's all we have so far though.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Is there any 1/4 mile times by magazines? I am sure stock for stock, on a prepped dragstrip, same driver. Their times are almost identical.
    No doubt they are close but it is important to note that was the performance package version...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    But I was talking more tuning potential anyways.
    Me too, the DCT will allow the M5 to do more with less power which evens things up somewhat. We'll have to see how things develop, this is going to be fun.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •