Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    M113 Kompressor V8 (W211 E55 AMG) supercharger upgrade coming soon from Weistec Engineering

    Here is a little teaser of the upcoming M113K supercharger upgrade from Weistec Engineering. The supercharger used will be a 3.0 liter unit which is larger than the blower used for the M156 kits. It will produce much more power with much less heat than the stock unit. In addition, Weistec will be seeking CARB approval for the Stage I which considering the precedent set with the M156 kit they should able to achieve again making for 2 CARB legal Mercedes supercharger offerings.

    There will also be an optional 82mm throttle body inlet. Many guys with the M113K are already running an 82mm conversion which will make this a seamless upgrade. Stage I will come first with focus on CARB exemption and then Stage II and perhaps more will be on the way. This will be the first supercharger upgrade kit for the platform and it would appear Weistec is blazing a trail yet again. More details to come on a very exciting development for the supercharged 55 AMG platforms.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    95.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These guys just continue to impress

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Will this blower be clutched like the OEM one, or are they setting it up to be on all the time?

    Agree with hooleyboy - good job Weistec!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Points
    -5.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    wonder if this could be fitted on M273

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    More important what type of superchrager is it? I am guessing Lysholm screw which is GREAT. Next what type and SIZE of I/C will it use? Stock, aftermarket larger, top mount?GREAT product I am sure, as with ALL of Weistec stuff, but MANY questions to be answered.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Will this blower be clutched like the OEM one, or are they setting it up to be on all the time?

    Agree with hooleyboy - good job Weistec!
    That picture sure does look like there is NO clucth my friend. No wires, and SMALL diameter pulley.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    More important what type of superchrager is it? I am guessing Lysholm screw which is GREAT. Next what type and SIZE of I/C will it use? Stock, aftermarket larger, top mount?GREAT product I am sure, as with ALL of Weistec stuff, but MANY questions to be answered.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    That picture sure does look like there is NO clucth my friend. No wires, and SMALL diameter pulley.
    Agree - I bet it's a Lysholm twin-screw, just like the OEM blower (but bigger), and no clutch... so presumably they address the lack of a clutch in the ECU coding. Good question about the I/C system...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    These guys just continue to impress
    That they do.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Will this blower be clutched like the OEM one, or are they setting it up to be on all the time?
    No idea.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    More important what type of superchrager is it? I am guessing Lysholm screw which is GREAT. Next what type and SIZE of I/C will it use? Stock, aftermarket larger, top mount?GREAT product I am sure, as with ALL of Weistec stuff, but MANY questions to be answered.
    It's obviously a twin screw. I would not be surprised if the IC setup was similar to the M156 kit but that is just speculation.

    This is just the beginning Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    wonder if this could be fitted on M273
    A blower could be fitted to the M273 but this kit does not apply to it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's obviously a twin screw. I would not be surprised if the IC setup was similar to the M156 kit but that is just speculation.

    This is just the beginning Click here to enlarge
    Don't be so quick to say that Sticky unless you know something we don't my friend. Eaton's look just like that picture above and they are NOT a Lysholm Screw style. Just sayinClick here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Don't be so quick to say that Sticky unless you know something we don't my friend. Eaton's look just like that picture above and they are NOT a Lysholm Screw style. Just sayinClick here to enlarge
    I don't see them going to a larger blower that appears to be the same manufacturer used for the M156 kit (just going by the case design) and it not being a twin screw. I think that is a Lysholm unit, not an Eaton Roots.

    Plus, a twin screw is only natural for this application considering the stock blower is a screw type. Since this will be higher boost and produce less heat that would not be able to be achieved by an Eaton Roots which is less efficient at higher boost levels and generates more heat than a screw type.

    So... ya, I'm pretty confident. Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see them going to a larger blower that appears to be the same manufacturer used for the M156 kit (just going by the case design) and it not being a twin screw. I think that is a Lysholm unit, not an Eaton Roots.

    Plus, a twin screw is only natural for this application considering the stock blower is a screw type. Since this will be higher boost and produce less heat that would not be able to be achieved by an Eaton Roots which is less efficient at higher boost levels and generates more heat than a screw type.

    So... ya, I'm pretty confident. Click here to enlarge
    I guess I should have been clear my friend. I TO think it IS a lysholm screw, I was just mealy pointing out the fact that there are other blowers out there that LOOK similar. But boy they sure as hell don't preform similarClick here to enlarge

    Carry on, and Yes I would expect it to be a LS, just saying looks can be deceiving.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    I guess I should have been clear my friend. I TO think it IS a lysholm screw, I was just mealy pointing out the fact that there are other blowers out there that LOOK similar. But boy they sure as hell don't preform similarClick here to enlarge

    Carry on, and Yes I would expect it to be a LS, just saying looks can be deceiving.
    No worries, and yes, it is important to explore all possibilities.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lets hurry up and get this released..

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, here are a few answers from Weistec from the eveil site, LOL

    "Thanks for the support. ECU calibration will be provided by us, and driveability is as if you were driving a stock vehicle. The bypass valve will retain the factory electronic control, to maintain off boost efficiency and MPG. The factory troublesome and noisy supercharger clutch is removed, allowing less rotating mass, and no belt chirp! "

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    Lets hurry up and get this released..
    So picket lines outside Weistec?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Well, here are a few answers from Weistec from the eveil site, LOL

    "Thanks for the support. ECU calibration will be provided by us, and driveability is as if you were driving a stock vehicle. The bypass valve will retain the factory electronic control, to maintain off boost efficiency and MPG. The factory troublesome and noisy supercharger clutch is removed, allowing less rotating mass, and no belt chirp! "
    Good clarification on the removal of the SC clutch.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I wonder if they are going after CARB approval for this as they did on their M156 blower?
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    Lets hurry up and get this released..
    I can tell you as a Weistec customer that they will not release this until it has been thoroughly tested and proven. My vehicle is one of their test vehicles for their M156 platform product line and there is lots of behind the scenes stuff and prototpye stuff being tested for both platforms as I type this. They are not the type of company to rush something to market to make a few extra bucks. The short wait will be well worth it for anyone that purchases one of these, you can rest assured that it will be reliable and powerful once it's released. The fact that they have now released this info tells me that they must be getting very close to a release date on this product, I have know about this M113 blower for several months now so that should tell you the amount of thought, R & D and testing that they have been doing.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if they are going after CARB approval for this as they did on their M156 blower?
    From the OP:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    In addition, Weistec will be seeking CARB approval for the Stage I which considering the precedent set with the M156 kit they should able to achieve again making for 2 CARB legal Mercedes supercharger offerings.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I can tell you as a Weistec customer that they will not release this until it has been thoroughly tested and proven. My vehicle is one of their test vehicles for their M156 platform product line and there is lots of behind the scenes stuff and prototpye stuff being tested for both platforms as I type this. They are not the type of company to rush something to market to make a few extra bucks. The short wait will be well worth it for anyone that purchases one of these, you can rest assured that it will be reliable and powerful once it's released. The fact that they have now released this info tells me that they must be getting very close to a release date on this product, I have know about this M113 blower for several months now so that should tell you the amount of thought, R & D and testing that they have been doing.
    I want to add that they are meticulous and professional.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    From the OP:
    opps, I missed the CARB part, thanks Sticky
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,848
    Rep Points
    31,576.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    opps, I missed the CARB part, thanks Sticky
    No prob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •