Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

SuperSprint SLS Headers

Check this out. A friend of mine @ MBworld posted this video in the SLS thread. His SLS is Equipped with a racing exhuast from SuperSprint. Absoloutley incredible sound tone. I never heard anything like it. By the way, He is a Jimmy Pelka (PP-Performance) customerClick here to enlarge. I will be getting the same system , but mine is going to be catted. Where are you Oliver, Mr. ChinaClick here to enlarge. I hope you are watching this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have an SLS?

I saw these headers at SEMA, really nice hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You have an SLS?

I saw these headers at SEMA, really nice hardware.
    yep. Getting a tune and exhust pretty soon.Click here to enlarge

it was between Capristo and supersprint. This supersprint system is the best so far for the M159

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    yep. Getting a tune and exhust pretty soon.
    Very nice. Whose tune?

it was between Capristo and supersprint. This supersprint system is the best so far for the M159
    I don't think you made a bad decision at all with supersprint. Hope you saw this: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....nt-SLS-headers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice. Whose tune?

I don't think you made a bad decision at all with supersprint. Hope you saw this: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....nt-SLS-headers
    yes Ive seen it. Thank you.

I wish I could do it with PP-Performance, but I am not able to do so .I willl get my ECU tune from Carlsson in Germany.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes Ive seen it. Thank you.

I wish I could do it with PP-Performance, but I am not able to do so .I willl get my ECU tune from Carlsson in Germany.
    Why can't you do it with PP-P?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why can't you do it with PP-P?
    Wondered the same thing... "Why can't you use the tuner you'd want to? Makes no sense."

Will be curious to hear the answer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Wondered the same thing... "Why can't you use the tuner you'd want to? Makes no sense."

Will be curious to hear the answer.
    Ok Mr. Judge.

In order to tune my ECU with PP-Performance, I would have to send my ECU to Germany. Jimmy doesnt have a branch yet in the US. turnaround is around 10-15 days. Not to mention high shipping charges. I will go ahead and do it with another German tuner, Carlsson, because they have a branch in Las Vegas and they are able to have the ECU and return it for me within a week. Click here to enlarge

If I was living in Europe, PPP would be my first choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice set of headers. He has done as excellent choice tuning his ECU with Jimmy Pelka. I hope Mr. China, aka Oliver from Evotech, is watching. I believe he is bleeding nowClick here to enlarge. Now tell me Mr. China, did Jimmy steal that tune from you too?? I don't think soClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok Mr. Judge.

In order to tune my ECU with PP-Performance, I would have to send my ECU to Germany. Jimmy doesnt have a branch yet in the US. turnaround is around 10-15 days. Not to mention high shipping charges. I will go ahead and do it with another German tuner, Carlsson, because they have a branch in Las Vegas and they are able to have the ECU and return it for me within a week. Click here to enlarge

If I was living in Europe, PPP would be my first choice.
    Reasonable explanation. Why not get a custom dyno tune though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Nice set of headers. He has done as excellent choice tuning his ECU with Jimmy Pelka. I hope Mr. China, aka Oliver from Evotech, is watching. I believe he is bleeding nowClick here to enlarge. Now tell me Mr. China, did Jimmy steal that tune from you too?? I don't think soClick here to enlarge
    Guess im missing something here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SLS AMG with Supersprint Headers is a godly sound! Quite amazing.Definitely keep us posted on when you get your cat'd setup and tune.Thanks for sharing!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know who that SLS belongs to. It is truly a beast and perhaps now it is the fastest bolt on SLS In the world. Amazing video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    I know who that SLS belongs to. It is truly a beast and perhaps now it is the fastest bolt on SLS In the world. Amazing video
    Who does it belong to and what makes you think it is the fastest bolt on SLS in the world?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Check this out. A friend of mine @ MBworld posted this video in the SLS thread. His SLS is Equipped with a racing exhuast from SuperSprint. Absoloutley incredible sound tone. I never heard anything like it. By the way, He is a Jimmy Pelka (PP-Performance) customerClick here to enlarge. I will be getting the same system , but mine is going to be catted. Where are you Oliver, Mr. ChinaClick here to enlarge. I hope you are watching this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l32mK_7asE
    Sounds amazing!! Performs amazing. This is Jacob right? I believe he WAS running MHP setup no? He changed it up?
    Last edited by propain; 12-02-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Sounds amazing!! Performs amazing. This is Jacob right? I believe he WAS running MHP setup no? He changed it up?
    He posts over on MBW, right ? But I thought he owned the red SL63 and the SLS belongs to his brother ?
    I'd also like to know why this is the fastest (bolt on) SLS in the world - any timeslips ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dude dropped a few hundred thou on an SLS and is concerned about expensive shipping charges to Europe for his ECU?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Dude dropped a few hundred thou on an SLS and is concerned about expensive shipping charges to Europe for his ECU?
    I agree...might have to call BS on this one. "High shipping charges", LOL. Sounds fishy.Click here to enlarge
    Repped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    That is a very fair point. Just a couple hundred thousand though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    He posts over on MBW, right ? But I thought he owned the red SL63 and the SLS belongs to his brother ?
    I'd also like to know why this is the fastest (bolt on) SLS in the world - any timeslips ?
    Yes, the guy from MBW. Jacob. Two SLS's in his sig picture. Big MHP fanboy last I checked.

Edit: 1 SL63 and 1 SLS63 in his sig.
    Last edited by propain; 12-02-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree...might have to call BS on this one. "High shipping charges", LOL. Sounds fishy.Click here to enlarge
    Repped
    God, I didnt expect this. Give me a break guysClick here to enlarge. cost of shipping isnt a problem as miuch as the turn around time. I would have to wait 15 days for my ECU to be programmed and returned. This means for 15 days I wont be able to drive the car. they would be charging alot for shipping (almost half the price of the actual Tune), but i never said it was the main problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    God, I didnt expect this. Give me a break guysClick here to enlarge. cost of shipping isnt a problem as miuch as the turn around time. I would have to wait 15 days for my ECU to be programmed and returned. This means for 15 days I wont be able to drive the car. they would be charging alot for shipping (almost half the price of the actual Tune), but i never said it was the main problem.
    Fair point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Yes, the guy from MBW. Jacob. Two SLS's in his sig picture. Big MHP fanboy last I checked.

Edit: 1 SL63 and 1 SLS63 in his sig.
    Thats very strange. I personally dont know the dude and find it strange that you claim he is an MHP fanboy, when I found this:

http://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-s...d-project.html

the only Mods he has from MHP are the cooling mods for his SL63. his ECU tune was done by PP-Performance runing with the MBH LT headers. You seem to be an MHP haterClick here to enlarge.Its ok, I dont like them either :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As others have pointed out, spending $200k+ on a car and then worrying about shipping costs to and from Europe really doesn't add up. I understand the down time...but that would assume the SLS is your only car and most people who can afford an SLS have other cars. So I guess your SLS is your only car ? And how much is the PP tune ?? Even if the tune were $1200 I can't imagine how shipping an ECU would cost anywhere near half thatClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As others have pointed out, spending $200k+ on a car and then worrying about shipping costs to and from Europe really doesn't add up. I understand the down time...but that would assume the SLS is your only car and most people who can afford an SLS have other cars. So I guess your SLS is your only car ? And how much is the PP tune ?? Even if the tune were $1200 I can't imagine how shipping an ECU would cost anywhere near half thatClick here to enlarge
    Fair enough. I actullay purchased it for $171K (I got it used) .The tune costs 2500 Euros and shipping is about 1000Euros priority. They only ship Priority. This is what will cost me to send it and recieve it. Its not a problem, but 15 days is too much in my opinion. I can get another tune done in less time and for a much better price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast