Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We can form our own ECU Tuning Group then too.

It's almost getting ridiculous how many companies are trying to make a name for themselves by just reselling and marking up Techtec tunes. Why Techtec doesn't cut all these people out of the market I have no clue.
    Because being a supplier is better than being a reseller.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Because being a supplier is better than being a reseller.
    Maybe? I would think they would make more selling directly as not many of these marked up tunes move?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, I am correct to assume that ECU Tuning Group is a scam?

If one wanted to tune their Benz, what company is the best?

I looked up TechTec, but their website is in German. Do they have an American website/service location?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by airtime23 Click here to enlarge
    I do not know if scam is accurate but I don't think many here would be comfortable with using them.

Depends on the platform and what you want to do.

You will not go wrong the following three which we recommend: Eurocharged, Renntech, and OE Tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

MHP Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    MHP Click here to enlarge
    Keep stirring the pot I love you guys
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Keep stirring the pot I love you guys
    Adding a lot to this thread, as usual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Adding a lot to this thread, as usual.
    Always brother.
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Maybe? I would think they would make more selling directly as not many of these marked up tunes move?
    MHP is a resold marked up tune and they seem to move just fine. Not sure about how the other tuners do it though. I hear some things here and there but I don't know for sure so I wont comment.

Either way, being a reseller is so much less hassle. You make the tune and sell it to the sellers who need to do the labor AND deal with the customers. Being a supplier sounds much better in my book. Quick, easy money. Yes they could make more putting them on cars but time is money and dealing with customers suck as we have seen time and time again around here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Always brother.
    I thought he wasn't your brother? LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

MHP is a resold marked up tune and they seem to move just fine.
    Due to there not being a direct alternative and people not knowing this.

Either way, being a reseller is so much less hassle. You make the tune and sell it to the sellers who need to do the labor AND deal with the customers. Being a supplier sounds much better in my book.
    Techtec already sells direct in Europe which is not compatible with your logic here. They just are doing both, selling direct and allowing people to resell here. Thing is, you can't get a custom tune here like you can in Europe. Techtec is really, really good but are we just talking business or what is best for the consumer? Because dealing with them directly is best for us and from a business perspective they are leaving a bit of money on the table.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Due to their not being a direct alternative and people not knowing this. Techtec already sells direct in Europe which is not compatible with your logic here. They just are doing both, selling direct and allowing people to resell here. Thing is, you can't get a custom tune here like you can in Europe. Techtec is really, really good but are we just talking business or what is best for the consumer? Because dealing with them directly is best for us and from a business perspective they are leaving a bit of money on the table.
    People buy from MHP because its a good product. Not because of how it gets to them. They couldnt care less if its resold or not. There are also many alternatives to MHP.

I don't know all the intricacies of how Techtec does business. I'm sure you don't either. Many didnt know Techtec existed until the MHP revealed to the public they use them. For all I know they use resellers in Europe as well. Im just trying to figure out your logig when you say "Why doesn't Techtec cut everyone off" Why would they? As a supplier they still make the money and don't have to deal with the labor or the customer. Its a win win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

People buy from MHP because its a good product. Not because of how it gets to them.
    I think people buy it due to the 1/4 mile times that are presented as marketing and they care about little else. That is where research comes in. I'm the kind of person who won't pay $3k for something I can get for $1k.

I don't know all the intricacies of how Techtec does business. I'm sure you don't either.
    I likely know more about how both companies operate than you do though.

Many didnt know Techtec existed until the MHP revealed to the public they use them.
    People in the US you mean.

For all I know they use resellers in Europe as well. Im just trying to figure out your logig when you say "Why doesn't Techtec cut everyone off" Why would they? As a supplier they still make the money and don't have to deal with the labor or the customer. Its a win win.
    And I'm saying they could expand their market and their brand name. Anyone can form a company to resell Techtec tunes but it is not the same as having direct Techtec support. From Techtec's perspective it is less headaches but it also means you can't get retunes if you buy from a reseller or custom tunes as you could dealing with directly. Additionally, more sales are potentially there from the source as I'm sure people would prefer to deal with it than a middle man. Wouldn't you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think people buy it due to the 1/4 mile times that are presented as marketing and they care about little else. That is where research comes in. I'm the kind of person who won't pay $3k for something I can get for $1k.

I agree. This was my stance from day one and I proved a $1200 tune could beat the big bad dog MHP personally. Click here to enlarge

I likely know more about how both companies operate than you do though.

Doesn't mean anything. Techtec resells to the US market. That is all I need to know. Its a good move on their part. I don't know why you think otherwise.

People in the US you mean.

Yup

And I'm saying they could expand their market and their brand name. Anyone can form a company to resell Techtec tunes but it is not the same as having direct Techtec support. From Techtec's perspective it is less headaches but it also means you can't get retunes if you buy from a reseller or custom tunes as you could dealing with directly. Additionally, more sales are potentially there from the source as I'm sure people would prefer to deal with it than a middle man. Wouldn't you?

In some cases yes. In this case no. I prefer to deal with an American. If I knew I was dealing with a German company and I had to mail my ECU to Germany to get a tune I wouldnt. Unless what you are saying is that Techtec should send employees over to the US and open a branch here. Again, silly. Just hire an American to resell your product. AKA MHP and supply to the US market through a proxy. Much more money to made made and much less hassle like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Doesn't mean anything. Techtec resells to the US market. That is all I need to know. Its a good move on their part. I don't know why you think otherwise.
    I don't think otherwise. I'm saying they should sell direct and there are things behind the scenes going on to make that happen, so seems they agree?

In some cases yes. In this case no. I prefer to deal with an American.
    Deal with an American? They can easily have Americans working for them just like the Germans who build your car.

Techtec already is in the process of making what you called silly happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I don't think otherwise. I'm saying they should sell direct and there are things behind the scenes going on to make that happen, so seems they agree?

Deal with an American? They can easily have Americans working for them just like the Germans who build your car.

Techtec already is in the process of making what you called silly happen.
    LOL.. Ill believe it when I see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

LOL.. Ill believe it when I see it.
    Ok, well, just relaying what I heard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ok, well, just relaying what I heard.
    He said she said. I never rely on that kinda info. Press release from a company. There ya go, now I might buy some stock.

Its not a terrible move if they do. I don't see the market as being big enough for such an investment but ya never know. They way I see it is they will still be a supplier and they will still use US companies to supply it. They will just keep their name on the sale. You still surely be using a middle man to get it. But when people ask you will say "I have a Techtec tune"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

He said she said. I never rely on that kinda info. Press release from a company. There ya go, now I might buy some stock.
    Um, ok. Well then wait for one I guess?

Its not a terrible move if they do. I don't see the market as being big enough for such an investment but ya never know. They way I see it is they will still be a supplier and they will still use US companies to supply it. They will just keep their name on the sale. You still surely be using a middle man to get it. But when people ask you will say "I have a Techtec tune"
    Middle man would be someone who raises the price of the tune so they get a %. Buying direct would mean you get the price everyone else does so there really is no middle man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Um, ok. Well then wait for one I guess?

Obviously.

Middle man would be someone who raises the price of the tune so they get a %. Buying direct would mean you get the price everyone else does so there really is no middle man.

You used Mercedes as your example. Guess what, why you buy a car in the USA from an American you pay markup. The dealers in the USA are middle men for MB. Buying direct would mean buying directly from Germany. No matter what for them to come to the US market they will need to pay people to sell their product. To cover that cost you will deal with a middle man and the price will be higher. You cant see how its more expensive to do business in another country unless you send your own people to do the sales?
    I think its a good idea for Techtec to be Techtec and not give their tunes away to other tuners and have them put their name on it. In my opinion the company that will beat everyone is the company that supplies all tunes. A one stop shop for tunes if you will. You walk in and you can pick from any of them. Sadly the entire business is a pirate world so the Wallmart of tunes would be sued and shutdown by MB instantly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

You used Mercedes as your example. Guess what, why you buy a car in the USA from an American you pay markup.
    Not really, we have cheaper prices than anyone. The Germans pay more for their own vehicles. So, um, what were you saying?

Dealers are kind of natural for carmakers I think. Buying direct is buying from an MB dealer not from another one not affiliated with them.

I think its a good idea for Techtec to be Techtec and not give their tunes away to other tuners and have them put their name on it.
    We'll see what Techtec does. I think it is good they are moving to be more involved in the US.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Not really, we have cheaper prices than anyone. The Germans pay more for their own vehicles. So, um, what were you saying?

Dealers are kind of natural for carmakers I think. Buying direct is buying from an MB dealer not from another one not affiliated with them.

I'm not going to give you an economics lesson on the price difference in the Euro market to the US market. Maybe you should have majored in that instead of History. Click here to enlarge

Not even part of what I said anyhow. I said you pay markup. Nothing to do with the differences in the Euro and the USD price. If you don't think you are paying markup from a middle man when you buy a German car I don't know what to tell you. The moment it leaves Germany you are paying middle men and that effects the bottom line before it hits the dealers floor.

We'll see what Techtec does. I think it is good they are moving to be more involved in the US.

Possibly. There really isn't much more of a market share than they have already been providing. Actually worse. They would need to let all US buyers know that all the tunes we have come to trust in are theirs and that they could sell them to us cheaper and provide as good of service. A bit of an uphill battle if you ask me.

Are they a potential vendor on your site or something?? LOL Ive seen this kind of talk from you before.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I'm not going to give you an economics lesson on the price difference in the Euro market to the US market. Maybe you should have majored in that instead of History.
    No no, please do. I'm sure it will go as well as your understanding of history. We have some of the cheapest cars on the planet.

Not even part of what I said anyhow. I said you pay markup.
    I didn't pay markup. I paid something called MSRP. Actually I didn't as I paid under but there is a difference between markup and a retail price.

Possibly. There really isn't much more of a market share than they have already been providing.
    What? You are an expert on market share in the tuning market? Some of these resellers were just working in their niche. Techtec can tune basically all the cars and have a much further reach.

Are they a potential vendor on your site or something?? LOL Ive seen this kind of talk from you before.
    Oh really? When? And what would this have to do with anything? I have never ever even dealt with Techtec in my life. I was just thinking about getting their e-mail to clarify this whole Singh/MHP situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Didn't Andy say that he was partnering with Techtec to be their US base of operations and go into business with MHP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Didn't Andy say that he was partnering with Techtec to be their US base of operations and go into business with MHP?
    Essentially, yes.

I do not understand it personally but hopefully it all goes well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast