Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    You could and it would be cheaper probably, and that's why he's saying it's a superior way to go. The advantage he has is that it would drop right in.
    Superior? Don't know about that. Cost effective? That sounds more accurate.

You aren't turning an LSA into a 1200 whp beast for $15k, that is my point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but that isn't built for the kind of boost you are talking about. It would need different pistons and to be sleeved.
    That block will handle alot more than he's talking about! Sleeving an iron block? There's no need for that. He could make 1500whp out of those without worrying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Superior? Don't know about that. Cost effective? That sounds more accurate.

Well let's see, he can make more power in an engine that has been proven reliable well beyond that level for less money. Sounds superior to me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That block will handle alot more than he's talking about! Sleeving an iron block? There's no need for that. He could make 1500whp out of those without worrying.
    The LSX block goes pretty far since it is cast iron. They claim even up to 2000 hp so yes the LSX block is strong as hell.

I should have referred to the LSA, LS2, LS3, LS7 as LSX's needing sleeves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well let's see, he can make more power in an engine that has been proven reliable well beyond that level for less money. Sounds superior to me?
    So engineering comes down to dollar per horse? Sorry, we would all be driving American V8's then. The S65 is a superior V8 to the LSA. The M156 is a superior motor. They are both better engineered from the factory and superior designs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can agree here but the point is he doesn't need to because there are plenty of easy drop in options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can agree here but the point is he doesn't need to because there are plenty of easy drop in options.
    Does not change my point. Going the aftermarket block route, etc., is no longer driving the same motor that came with the car. You might as well spec your CTS without a motor then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So engineering comes down to dollar per horse? Sorry, we would all be driving American V8's then. The S65 is a superior V8 to the LSA. The M156 is a superior motor. They are both better engineered from the factory and superior designs.
    We obviously aren't talking stock for stock here(although that's up for debate as well) but the simple fact is if were talking about ultra high hp few motors not much is superior both in cost and reliability than the LS motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We obviously aren't talking stock for stock here(although that's up for debate as well) but the simple fact is if were talking about ultra high hp few motors not much is superior both in cost and reliability than the LS motors.
    Ultimately for super high end power nothing really beats a twin turbo LSX. 2000+ horsepower can be done. Doesn't change the fact the M156 is a motor with a superior design from the factory. Also, with twin turbos and an iron block it would go pretty far as well... we'll just never see it.

Motor swaps and such are completely different territory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be perfectly honest I'm not the least concerned which motor is superior in stock form as no car of mine would ever stay in stock form and for modifying it's tough to beat an LS but just out of curiosity what makes that M156 superior?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be perfectly honest I'm not the least concerned which motor is superior in stock form as no car of mine would ever stay in stock form and for modifying it's tough to beat an LS but just out of curiosity what makes that M156 superior?
    Redline, heads, cams, valvetrain, hp per liter, ecu, everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if we pit cadillac, BMW, and Mercedes against each other in a price/hp battle and gave them all a set price across the board to work with the cadillac would definitely come out on top. Say you gave them 100k to work with....you get an M5 and E63 with all the trimmings....caddy tho will have another 20k to work with to make that car better.....im sure they will swap the block for an LSX and switch that 1.9 to whatever the largest thing they can get in there is and maybe even do some trans work.....the tranny in the V is whats really holding it back....they fix that and you have one MEAN machine....and it doesnt help the euros at all that the LSX LOVES the bottle....you can run 150-200 shots all day with no worries

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    if we pit cadillac, BMW, and Mercedes against each other in a price/hp battle and gave them all a set price across the board to work with the cadillac would definitely come out on top. Say you gave them 100k to work with....you get an M5 and E63 with all the trimmings....caddy tho will have another 20k to work with to make that car better.....im sure they will swap the block for an LSX and switch that 1.9 to whatever the largest thing they can get in there is and maybe even do some trans work.....the tranny in the V is whats really holding it back....they fix that and you have one MEAN machine....and it doesnt help the euros at all that the LSX LOVES the bottle....you can run 150-200 shots all day with no worries
    No one is debating dollar per horse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just giving my 2cents Click here to enlarge....i think i understand what your saying though is that the M156 is superior to the LSA , but i think we were trying to debate the fact that the LSX is superior to them all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No one is debating dollar per horse.
    Then what else is left to debate? Your post above saying everything was superior without giving one reason why was funny to me. You know there are 1,000hp NA lsx's? That the record for and N/A lsx is like 8.5 in the 1/4 mile? Hell I bet for the cost of a stock M156 I can get and NA LSX to twice the power and that thing will never break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here was the email i got back from another shope wait4me
    It would be around 15k for all the parts and donated stuff to hit that goal. Click here to enlarge It would be a pretty nasty car at wide open throttle, but nice and smooth while regular driving.Wait4Me Performance23 EMS c22 lanewarsaw, in 46582574-267-3630 Hours 10am - 6pm monday thru friday.For faster response please call during business hours and we will gladly answer all your questions. THANKS!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just giving my 2cents Click here to enlarge....i think i understand what your saying though is that the M156 is superior to the LSA , but i think we were trying to debate the fact that the LSX is superior to them all.
    Hell you can make and LS1 more powerful NA than the M156 and have a ton of money left over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if anyone saw the LSX shootout recently there were some NASTY cars going down that dragstrip mid single digits

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell you can make and LS1 more powerful NA than the M156 and have a ton of money left over.
    i thought about it but decided to go LSX if i ever wanted to up the ante

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i thought about it but decided to go LSX if i ever wanted to up the ante
    Oh I agree I'm just saying it's not just the LSX that can be made beastly. And it becomes difficult to dismiss them as having an inferior design when you see stock block ls1's making twice the NA power of an M156 with less money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It can make more power but that doesn't equal superior engineering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then what else is left to debate? Your post above saying everything was superior without giving one reason why was funny to me. You know there are 1,000hp NA lsx's? That the record for and N/A lsx is like 8.5 in the 1/4 mile? Hell I bet for the cost of a stock M156 I can get and NA LSX to twice the power and that thing will never break.
    How about that Mercedes is running within a MPH without a blower? I know which motor I find more impressive.

You know there are big HP Mercedes formula 1 engines? And? Neither of these comes in production cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here was the email i got back from another shope wait4me
    How much with tune and labor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much with tune and labor?
    15k...you can call him if you want

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It can make more power but that doesn't equal superior engineering.
    Than what makes superior engineering? What does it do that an LSX can't for less?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast