Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Dragstrip 1/4 mile comparison between the C63 AMG Coupe and Cadillac CTS-V coupe by Insideline

    The C63 AMG coupe and the CTS-V coupe are both beasts in a straight line. Insideline decided to find out which of the two is faster on the strip. The curb weight for the CTS-V is 4200 pounds versus the C63 AMG weighing in at a lighter 3,990. A 6 speed manual was the transmission chosen for the CTS-V while the C63 only has one transmission choice, a 7 speed automatic. The result? The CTS-V wins (barely) with a 12.2@117.5 against the C63's 12.3@116.3. Considering the CTS-V has a motor with a supercharger and barely edges out the naturally aspirated C63 that says a lot about how good the M156 is.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Those are two evenly matched cars. Waht impresses me is the braking, the CTS-V is 250 pounds heavier but can outbrake the C63.

    What they don't mention in this article is that for and additional $5000 you can bolt a pulley, intake and exhaust on the CTS-V and hav it running high 10 second quarter miles in full trim. All that being said I would buy the C63 over the V all day. My first generation CTS-V experience left a bad tase in my mouth with Caddy and GM
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    very impressive comparo by the c63, but like JRCART says, minimal modding will have that caddy wiping the floor with the benz with 5k in mods....then if you wanna up the ante and put say 15k in mods on both cars then your looking at a 1200+whp caddy. LSX + kenne bell FTW Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,195
    Rep Points
    6,730.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Most impressive information IMHO is that the.CTS-V puts down a faster slalom speed with 250lbs more.
    Really surprising.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    What they don't mention in this article is that for and additional $5000 you can bolt a pulley, intake and exhaust on the CTS-V and hav it running high 10 second quarter miles in full trim.
    Not fair to compare factory forced induction to naturally aspirated motors. The same amount of air pushed in will make more power on the M156 due to its higher redline and better heads. It is the better motor but the LSA is easier to modify.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    very impressive comparo by the c63, but like JRCART says, minimal modding will have that caddy wiping the floor with the benz with 5k in mods....then if you wanna up the ante and put say 15k in mods on both cars then your looking at a 1200+whp caddy. LSX + kenne bell FTW Click here to enlarge
    You will not see 1200+ whp for 15k. Built motor, cams, turbos, etc., is going to run you way more than that. But yes, essentially, an LSX can do 2000 whp if enough money is thrown at it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Most impressive information IMHO is that the.CTS-V puts down a faster slalom speed with 250lbs more.
    Really surprising.
    It's an impressive vehicle, no doubt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You will not see 1200+ whp for 15k. Built motor, cams, turbos, etc., is going to run you way more than that. But yes, essentially, an LSX can do 2000 whp if enough money is thrown at it.

    i was talking about the caddy...not the benz....i dont even want to fathom how much it would cost to make that kind of power in a c63.....0_o

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i was talking about the caddy...not the benz....i dont even want to fathom how much it would cost to make that kind of power in a c63.....0_o
    I was referring to the caddy as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was referring to the caddy as well.
    not what i was quoted from D3....but thats just parts not labor

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    not what i was quoted from D3....but thats just parts not labor
    I really don't see how they can do 1200 rwhp for $15k.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I really don't see how they can do 1200 rwhp for $15k.
    you have to give up your LSA<-----thats how

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    you have to give up your LSA<-----thats how
    To get what, a built LSX in return? Still, tuning, labor, etc. $15k is a way, way low estimate.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    yup....they quoted me 27k without the LSA trade for built LSX and the KB3.6L.....I mean a 434 LSX is only 2k man....add the parts needed and its 10k....put the blower on and thats 9k...labor will make up the difference

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    some companies are selling built LSX engines for 10-12k with forged internals

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yup you gotta remember sticky domestic motors enjoy a huge aftermarket which brings the overall cost of things way down. Specially LS motors, although your forgetting that with 1200whp you'll never get down a dragstrip without a decent investment into the drivetrain and a cage. That power maybe useful on highway pulls but that's not really racing. Hell there's a shop by my house called vengeance racing that make some crazy LS motors and they cost less than a new N63 would cost for my 550.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Yup you gotta remember sticky domestic motors enjoy a huge aftermarket which brings the overall cost of things way down. Specially LS motors, although your forgetting that with 1200whp you'll never get down a dragstrip without a decent investment into the drivetrain and a cage. That power maybe useful on highway pulls but that's not really racing. Hell there's a shop by my house called vengeance racing that make some crazy LS motors and they cost less than a new N63 would cost for my 550.
    ^^this

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    and im only looking for 750-800whp out of my LSX Click here to enlarge.....for now

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    yup....they quoted me 27k without the LSA trade for built LSX and the KB3.6L.....I mean a 434 LSX is only 2k man....add the parts needed and its 10k....put the blower on and thats 9k...labor will make up the difference
    $27k sounds more like it.

    434 LSX block is just $2k?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but that isn't built for the kind of boost you are talking about. It would need different pistons and to be sleeved.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Yup you gotta remember sticky domestic motors enjoy a huge aftermarket which brings the overall cost of things way down. Specially LS motors, although your forgetting that with 1200whp you'll never get down a dragstrip without a decent investment into the drivetrain and a cage. That power maybe useful on highway pulls but that's not really racing. Hell there's a shop by my house called vengeance racing that make some crazy LS motors and they cost less than a new N63 would cost for my 550.
    Trust me, I understand the LSX aftermarket and it is a thing of beauty. It just isn't as simple as $15k and 1200 whp from your car. You are essentially now saying a different block, motor, internals, etc., instead of modifying your motor.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    $27k sounds more like it.

    434 LSX block is just $2k?
    yup...only 2k for the block....27K is without the LSA trade tho....remember i said with the trade its 15k...the LSA is like 12-15k so the price sounds about right to me

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,234
    Rep Points
    31,323.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    yup...only 2k for the block....27K is without the LSA trade tho....remember i said with the trade its 15k...the LSA is like 12-15k so the price sounds about right to me
    Yes but it isn't an LSA that is being built. To get 1200 rwhp out of your car you are advocating selling the motor and getting another one.

    I mean, I could do an LSX swap too...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes but it isn't an LSA that is being built. To get 1200 rwhp out of your car you are advocating selling the motor and getting another one.

    I mean, I could do an LSX swap too...
    You could and it would be cheaper probably, and that's why he's saying it's a superior way to go. The advantage he has is that it would drop right in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •