Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Ok,im here so let's continue where we left off Click here to enlarge
    How about that, you found it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just wanna add this into the discussion: Jim,how about a race against a GTR w 650whp which would even the playing field&make things even more interesting...some GTR's will run 10.0-10.20 w less horsepower than ur car so let's even it up a bit lol
    Is it a fully interior and full weight car? It sounds to me like its going to be quicker than a 10.0 car. I am still at risk of wheel spin from a 50 MPH roll-on, hell Im at risk at 90 plus. My buddies GTR was making under 600 whp and ran a 10.1 so this one you are describing sounds like it might be out of my league. Tell me more about the car and I might consider it if he lets me leave first.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    I'd have no prob spanking your CLK if I still had my GT-R. I have some friends who do though and they have no prob running on a highway pull.

But since you said the car HAS TO run a 10.0 then I'm not sure I can back this up. One of my friends has a pretty strong GT-R and he will race any CLK from a roll but he has never been to the track before so I'm not sure if he will be running a 10.4 or a 9.8

GT-R ET all comes down to the launch control anyway. Some guys cut 1.5 or even 1.4 60' while others with more power but a more conservative launch control will hit 1.7 60's and ET higher even though they'd kill them on a roll.

Sure, hp vs hp wins. But GT-R has traction and DCT. Something that you don't seem to factor in.

Enough talk and bench racing. Run what you brung. If you want to run my friend's GT-R (never been to track) then I think we have a race. I have another friend who has never even stepped foot on a 1/4 mile track but I think he's too busy to prove that he could beat a CLK lol, even if he's going to make some $$$ off of it. If you are seriously down then I will try to have him meet somewhere, perhaps in PA? If you are confident enough, why not ship your car out to NY and hire Evosport to drive it for you. That should be an easy $10k in your pocket without you lifting a finger.
    Couple of questions...how does launch control factor into a roll-on race???? Most modded GTRs pull off consistant 1.50's, if the douchbag is turning 1.70's in a GTR he might as well trade it in on a $#@!ing Prius cause he doesnt know how to drive. I can put down 1.60's in my rwd CLK.

as for the "he's never been to the track" comment LOL, ya, I've NEVER heard that before, let me guess, he just got the car a couple days ago too LMAO.

If this goes down no need for them to meet me half way, I will drag my ass out to you guys, I have notheing better to do with my time anyhow and I would like to sync it up with an MIR or Atco track event as well. I'm not even sure how we got on this topic LOL, but now it looks like I started my own thread (NOT). I'm gonna have a target on my back from every GT-R owner in the country.

...and if it's a 10.0 or slower GT-R it will be easy money, that is of course unless you guys can defy the laws of physics like I stated before. I think what you are missing and in serious denial of is the fact that I have already done the race 3 times and won (by 5-6 cars) all 3 times. It doesnt take a genius to look at a GT-R slip and compare it to one of my 10 second slips to see the difference in back half times...or is there some $#@! in the east coast air is fogging your views of reality?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That may be the death knell....its going good so far,just change the OP's title to make it work for us lol!
    LOL, this aint even my thread...I'm gonna get bum rushed by a bunch of GT-R owners over this thread....thanks Sticky LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    LOL, this aint even my thread...I'm gonna get bum rushed by a bunch of GT-R owners over this thread....thanks Sticky LOL
    lol!
    there is a atco rental on december 5th,im most likely going as of now. Will u be attending?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    neither do I...been street racing since the late 80's, I've seen pretty much every thing you can image street racing, guns, gunshots, two turbo GSXRs hitting a semi at 170mph, I've seen it all. I know enough not to bring a knife to a gunfight, that's why I would never line up from a dig with a GTR on the street, unless he's gonna spot me several cars and let me leave. Now let's say they claim to bring a 10 second GTR out and it whoops me in a roll-on...that's when we all go fist to cuffs because I know for a fact no 10 second GTR is gonna beat me in a 50-150 roll-on, I DON'T LIKE GETTING HUSTLED.

I agree with you. You will literaly spank it on the high end. My C63 is a full bolt on modded car and I have beaten a GTR with the HKS 570 package. The race was from a roll on @ 100 KM/hr ~60mph. What your saying defenitley makes sense. With your supercharged car, there is absoloutely no chance for even an 800 HP GTR to overtake you on race from a roll @ 50mph oor higher

Common guys, common sense a V8 murders a V6 on the high end, nuf said

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol!
    there is a atco rental on december 5th,im most likely going as of now. Will u be attending?
    The car is out at Weistec in Califonia right now so logistic might be tough on such short notice. Let em see what I can do., I'm not even sure where Weistec is on the latest stuff they are installing, car might not even be ready.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll take responsibility for creating the thread.

It will make for an interesting discussion, things have been too quiet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    It really isn't as simple as the cylinder count. Some of the strongest high end cars are 6's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The car is out at Weistec in Califonia right now so logistic might be tough on such short notice. Let em see what I can do., I'm not even sure where Weistec is on the latest stuff they are installing, car might not even be ready.
    Only one solution, I pick it up and race it against my friends modded GTR.

A joke. Maybe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree with you. You will literaly spank it on the high end. My C63 is a full bolt on modded car and I have beaten a GTR with the HKS 570 package. The race was from a roll on @ 100 KM/hr ~60mph. What your saying defenitley makes sense. With your supercharged car, there is absoloutely no chance for even an 800 HP GTR to overtake you on race from a roll @ 50mph oor higher

Ya, I am not worried about it but appearenly these guys think I am new to this game. I have already done this race and know the outcome so they are either clueless, high or are planning a hustle job on me with a much more powerful car than the one I have agreed to run. This thing sounds more and more like a hustle job with each and every post they make. I will be ready for either but if it's a hustle job $#@!s gonna get ugly, maybe Sticky or Earl can fill these guys in on lil' Nick(lil' 6'5 290) and Nick's temper problem before they think about huslting me, for some reason I get the feeling these guys think I'm just some idiot bussiness man with no clue, bags of money and have not been around the block...boy have they got another thing coming if they think that's my M O

I hope the mother $#@!er I beat has one of those Jersey Shore Douchebag haircuts too....that would make it all that much better.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with you. You will literaly spank it on the high end. My C63 is a full bolt on modded car and I have beaten a GTR with the HKS 570 package. The race was from a roll on @ 100 KM/hr ~60mph. What your saying defenitley makes sense. With your supercharged car, there is absoloutely no chance for even an 800 HP GTR to overtake you on race from a roll @ 50mph oor highe

Honestly,you have no idea what your saying here...I'll just leave it at that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Only one solution, I pick it up and race it against my friends modded GTR. A joke. Maybe.
    No, for this to be legit I am going to have to take it out east and do it on their turf to one of their homeboys, otherwise they will just start crying foul about the race/vid being rigged.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ya, roll-on we are talking a different story, even a heavily modded 10.0 second GTR is not gonna hang with me in a 50-60 mph roll-on...ain't gonna happen.
    so a car that traps 135+ isnt gonna hang with a car that traps 135?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so a car that traps 135+ isnt gonna hang with a car that traps 135?
    absolutely not from a 60 mph roll on if we are talking about my car and a GT-R. GT-Rs make all their time in the first 330ft, compare a 135mph trap GT-R slip against my 134 mph trap slip and compare 60ft and 330ft times and then compare the back half times. The GT-R is doing it on the launch as where my car is making power and MPH on the big end. In order for a GT-R to trap at 135 plus I would guesstimate that it would have to lay down a sub 1.5 60ft where my car does it on 1.60-1.65 60ft times.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya, I am not worried about it but appearenly these guys think I am new to this game. I have already done this race and know the outcome so they are either clueless, high or are planning a hustle job on me with a much more powerful car than the one I have agreed to run. This thing sounds more and more like a hustle job with each and every post they make. I will be ready for either but if it's a hustle job $#@!s gonna get ugly, maybe Sticky or Earl can fill these guys in on lil' Nick(lil' 6'5 290) and Nick's temper problem before they think about huslting me, for some reason I get the feeling these guys think I'm just some idiot bussiness man with no clue, bags of money and have not been around the block...boy have they got another thing coming if they think that's my M O

I hope the mother $#@!er I beat has one of those Jersey Shore Douchebag haircuts too....that would make it all that much better.

I am pretty confident and sure you would win this race. Absoloutely sure , maybe you could record a video when you smoke someone next time to shut some people up. Its funny how comments are spreading from people who did not even hit the pedal over 170MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    where is your slip at?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It really isn't as simple as the cylinder count. Some of the strongest high end cars are 6's.
    Let me Narrow it down:

6.3 weistec supercharged V8 vs 800HP Nissan GTR~on a high end race

Jrcart's car wins

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    found it. so your saying you think you are faster than faster cars? ok, i dont have a dog in this fight, i just like to benchrace Click here to enlarge

but here you go

your slip:

http://www.benzboost.com/attachment....1&d=1318109726

vs 2 10.0 GT-R's

http://www.dragtimes.com/2010-Nissan...ecs-22142.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-GT-R...lip-20708.html

note that the faster GTR had a slower 60 and a faster 1/8 and 1/4 yet both are 10.0 cars Click here to enlarge

I would love to see this race, but it think the gtr's would win Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am pretty confident and sure you would win this race. Absoloutely sure , maybe you could record a video when you smoke someone next time to shut some people up. Its funny how comments are spreading from people who did not even hit the pedal over 170MPH
    I'm sure it will be video taped and V Boxed if and when something goes down.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    and a 10.5 car that would be a good run for you Click here to enlarge

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-GT-R...lip-20504.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    I'd love to watch this race and the drama that ensuesClick here to enlarge
    You're right Sticky, it's been too tame around here lately.Click here to enlarge
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    found it. so your saying you think you are faster than faster cars? ok, i dont have a dog in this fight, i just like to benchrace Click here to enlarge

but here you go

your slip:

vs 2 10.0 GT-R's

note that the faster GTR had a slower 60 and a faster 1/8 and 1/4 yet both are 10.0 cars Click here to enlarge

I would love to see this race, but it think the gtr's would win Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure whose side you are on but thanks for proving my point for me. DID YOU SEE THE 60FT ON THE GT-R SLIP??? IT WAS A 1.48 60ft and a 1/8 mile trap of 106.98 mph compared to my 1.60 and a 103 1/8 mile trap.

That GT-R ran a 10.011 with a 1.4 60 compared to my 10.62 with a 1.6 60....AND WE TRAPPED AT NEARLY IDENTICAL SPEEDS IN THE 1/4 MILE!!!!

...so what does that tell you? If you have half a brain it will tell you that I will smoke that car that you posted the slip on in a 60-150 mph roll-on. That car is just a tick faster than my friends that ran a 10.1 and that I beat 3 times in a row by 5-6 car lengths in a 60-150 roll-on.

Thanks again for the help.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

but here you go

your slip:

vs 2 10.0 GT-R's

ahhhhh. isnt that in favor of what we are talking about?Click here to enlarge

by the way look at this race from kuwait. this is an MHP modded car vs a modded GTR. Maybe it will clear things up for you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on lil' Nick(lil' 6'5 290) and Nick's temper problem
    He's a big teddy bear. Temper problem perhaps, but when so much testosterone is involved in the performance car scene it almost comes with the territory. But regardless, nothing needs to go down that route. A simple comparison is cool if you guys want to do it.

No need to get baited into some race you know you can't win as a set up or do something for money when we all just want to enjoy a comparison. We're car guys, your numbers are all public. They obviously know what it would take to win so you are at a disadvantage. With public numbers you need to be wary of races picked for you.

As I said, I have a friend with a modded GTR in the 7xx crank range. When you are in Cali I would be more than happy to set it up and you guys can run with no pressure or nonsense.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast