Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Poor guy....you really do have some epic patience.
    Well I called and texted Alex@Gintani today to find out if it would be done soon and I haven't gotten a response back...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well I called and texted Alex@Gintani today to find out if it would be done soon and I haven't gotten a response back...
    And these are your boys?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    And these are your boys?
    They are probably busy. And by busy I mean they better be busy with my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I ain't racing any bikes either LOL...remember I stadted racing bikes long before I ever raced a car. I might play around with some 600s but I am not messing with any liter class bikes or Busas or ZX14s.

BTW, you must be able to ride if you're making 10.04 passes on a stocker, does it have an arm? I assumed you're strapping the front end? That's $#@!in quick.
    That he does Jim, that he does. I seent it wit my own two eyes. The kid's no joke....

Also, there's rarely fewer than 3-5 lightly modded GTRs that come to the MIR rentals. Most of them are 10.xx cars, that I can remember..... FYI....
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

They are probably busy. And by busy I mean they better be busy with my car.
    I have no idea about anything or even what type of car you own, but I would think your car of anyone would be completed fast with your complete saticfaction being #1 priority? Anyway I feel lije you've been saying your car isn't ready yet for months
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

when they start not returning calls and e-mails its a bad sign, trust me, I know a little bit about this topic. Now is when you need to just start showing up at the shop unannounced. They always have your phone number when they need a check/payment but if you want an answer they just always seem to busy to call LOL.

Your car has been there like a friggin year, it better run 9s when you get it back.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    That he does Jim, that he does. I seent it wit my own two eyes. The kid's no joke....

Also, there's rarely fewer than 3-5 lightly modded GTRs that come to the MIR rentals. Most of them are 10.xx cars, that I can remember..... FYI....
    if the bike has an arm its impressive but not that impressive, if its a stock wheelbase bike he should be running ProStar or AMA Pro Drag or whatever the hell they call it these days because that's an impressive time. A GSXR 1000 with a stock wheelbase is a wheelie monster and hard to launch hard without it wanting to loop itself.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Your car has been there like a friggin year, it better run 9s when you get it back.
    It's been there just a few weeks since it got back from the transmission builder. So, not their fault on the hold up. It's all on the trans company for the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea about anything or even what type of car you own, but I would think your car of anyone would be completed fast with your complete saticfaction being #1 priority? Anyway I feel lije you've been saying your car isn't ready yet for months
    I know they are going to put the effort in on my ride. It is in their best interest to do so. I feel like I've been saying it for over a year... I'm just sick of talking/waiting. Want to start running already. Never doing this again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I ain't racing any bikes either LOL...remember I stadted racing bikes long before I ever raced a car. I might play around with some 600s but I am not messing with any liter class bikes or Busas or ZX14s.

BTW, you must be able to ride if you're making 10.04 passes on a stocker, does it have an arm? I assumed you're strapping the front end? That's $#@!in quick.
    Stock wheelbase,has 22,000miles on it,OEM Bridgestones,no tune,stock exhaust,rusty chain,dirty airfilter lol. Only mod I have done is to weld the factory slipper clutch.

Rob, you might be able to convince me to throw one of my bikes in my hauler the next time you run MIR, I'm game for a run what you brung stock wheelbase race. We can run for cash, dinner or bragging rights. I got a GSXR1000 too Click here to enlarge
    Now were talkin! I have 3 SWB bikes,an 02 1k,the 05 1k&a Gen2 Busa. What year 1k do you have,any pics?

if the bike has an arm its impressive but not that impressive, if its a stock wheelbase bike he should be running ProStar or AMA Pro Drag or whatever the hell they call it these days because that's an impressive time. A GSXR 1000 with a stock wheelbase is a wheelie monster and hard to launch hard without it wanting to loop itself.
    Its lowered 2" up front&2" out back thats it. I just bought it&it was the 1st time I had it at the track. Even though I pulled the clutch(stock clutch with 22,000 miles on it!!!)&mic'd it I guess it just wasnt up to the task;I normally 60' a SWB 1k in the 1.6x range but it just got too hot&grabby w the stock,worn out springs. Was hoping to get a 9.80 out of it had I been able to get the 60' down.

Few crappy cell phone pics
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge

Thanks Clayton Click here to enlarge
    Still wanna do that Jason Miller seminar at MIR so I can run with the Big Dogs lol!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Jim, if you want to talk big and throw challenges out, then I got quite a few guys more than willing to take the money off your delicate hands.

I'm not sure how far they are willing to travel from NY but maybe they will meet you half way.

How much money are we talking about? 50-150 or you want to go 50-200? We prefer the higher speeds but it's your race so you make the terms.

Your $150,000 in mods and 136mph trap has everyone on the East Coast shaking in their boots Click here to enlarge

I barely come on these forums but PM Rob for details and we will get this poppin'.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Stock wheelbase,has 22,000miles on it,OEM Bridgestones,no tune,stock exhaust,rusty chain,dirty airfilter lol. Only mod I have done is to weld the factory slipper clutch.

Now were talkin! I have 3 SWB bikes,an 02 1k,the 05 1k&a Gen2 Busa. What year 1k do you have,any pics?

Its lowered 2" up front&2" out back thats it. I just bought it&it was the 1st time I had it at the track. Even though I pulled the clutch(stock clutch with 22,000 miles on it!!!)&mic'd it I guess it just wasnt up to the task;I normally 60' a SWB 1k in the 1.6x range but it just got too hot&grabby w the stock,worn out springs. Was hoping to get a 9.80 out of it had I been able to get the 60' down.

Few crappy cell phone pics
    I will trh to post up a pic of mine, its sitting in my diesel shop warehouse a few miles away from my house. I told you about this bike, its the Ben Spies superbike I bought from Yosh, its obviously not street legal, in full superbike trim making close to 180 at the wheel. I have never drag raced it so I have no idea what it will run.

I'm a little disapointed that I didn't see an old school oil burner 1100 in you photos, especially given your screename. I'm actually looking for an old old school blue/why 86 750 for the collection. Also looking for mint wht/red/blue 89 CBR 600 and mint red/wht/blue 93 CBR 900RR. Trying to find clean examples of the bikes I had when I was younger. If you come across any let me know...gotta be very clean, that old bodywork/graphics is impossible to find.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Jim, if you want to talk big and throw challenges out, then I got quite a few guys more than willing to take the money off your delicate hands.

I'm not sure how far they are willing to travel from NY but maybe they will meet you half way.

How much money are we talking about? 50-150 or you want to go 50-200? We prefer the higher speeds but it's your race so you make the terms.

Your $150,000 in mods and 136mph trap has everyone on the East Coast shaking in their boots Click here to enlarge

I barely come on these forums but PM Rob for details and we will get this poppin'.
    I'm fine with 50-200, that works I'm my favor anyhow. I'm not wet behind the ears, I've run with several GTRs in various states of tune, like I said, if its a legit 10.0 second GTR you won't be taking anything off my delicate hands...I think you better do some research before you come on here looking a fool. Like I said before if you guys produce a 9.4 sec car and try to hustle me people will be going to the hospital but if you want to man up and bring an honest to goodness 10.0 or slower GTR I will run for any amount you want because I have already done this race and know the outcome so unless you have personal experience with the specific race we are discussing it would probably be wise to slow down. I'm not trying to be a dick here, I jst know the outcome so unless you guys have a GTR that can defy the laws of physics and somehow makes MPH on the big end like a 660whp SC'd V8 you're gonna loose. Both cars weigh the sames, aero is going to come into play BIG TIME both cars have the same drag coeffient.....HP wins this race PERIOD, advantage JRCART so I'm Not sure what school GTR drivers get their physics degrees from but Id probably ask for a refund....starting to sound like the same school Mustang and STi drivers attended LMAO.

I won't $#@! with a GTR for money from a dig, even though I have beat quite a few, its just to iffy and just plain stupid, about as stupid as one wanting to $#@! with me in a 50-200 roll-on.

BTW, when did you get a GTR? What's done to your car? Why don't you just run me?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I will trh to post up a pic of mine, its sitting in my diesel shop warehouse a few miles away from my house. I told you about this bike, its the Ben Spies superbike I bought from Yosh, its obviously not street legal, in full superbike trim making close to 180 at the wheel. I have never drag raced it so I have no idea what it will run.

I'm a little disapointed that I didn't see an old school oil burner 1100 in you photos, especially given your screename. I'm actually looking for an old old school blue/why 86 750 for the collection. Also looking for mint wht/red/blue 89 CBR 600 and mint red/wht/blue 93 CBR 900RR. Trying to find clean examples of the bikes I had when I was younger. If you come across any let me know...gotta be very clean, that old bodywork/graphics is impossible to find.
    I had several first gen GSXR's,my fav was the '86 blue/white 1100. Something about that color scheme I love. I sold them all off&sold bins&bins of 86-92 1100 parts this past winter;I just lost interest in them. I also sold my mint RG 500 Gamma a few years back as well,was just to nervous about riding it&it getting $#@!ed up as OEM parts are impossible to find lol. I have many good connections in the gixxer community&people always call me asking if I know anybody looking for an old school R. My buddy just sold a 100% original,low mile 86 GSXR-750LTD(the 1 w the dry clutch) that im sure ud have fell in love with. PM me your cell/contact info&I will be in touch.
    Yosh superbike sounds nasty,would love to see what the inside of that head looks like Click here to enlarge
    We should definitely get some runs in at the next track rental,if we happen to attend the same one. Id like to take that Yosh bike down the 1/4&see what it traps lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I had several first gen GSXR's,my fav was the '86 blue/white 1100. Something about that color scheme I love. I sold them all off&sold bins&bins of 86-92 1100 parts this past winter;I just lost interest in them. I also sold my mint RG 500 Gamma a few years back as well,was just to nervous about riding it&it getting $#@!ed up as OEM parts are impossible to find lol.
    Yosh superbike sounds nasty,would love to see what the inside of that head looks like Click here to enlarge
    We should definitely get some runs in at the next track rental,if we happen to attend the same one. Id like to take that Yosh bike down the 1/4&see what it traps lol
    I had a suzuki gamma 500 back in 85. Owned it for what must have been 2 weeks before totalling in and spending several months in the hospital. I learnt the hard way that it is easier to fall off a bike racing than a car.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just wanna add this into the discussion: Jim,how about a race against a GTR w 650whp which would even the playing field&make things even more interesting...some GTR's will run 10.0-10.20 w less horsepower than ur car so let's even it up a bit lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm fine with 50-200, that works I'm my favor anyhow. I'm not wet behind the ears, I've run with several GTRs in various states of tune, like I said, if its a legit 10.0 second GTR you won't be taking anything off my delicate hands...I think you better do some research before you come on here looking a fool. Like I said before if you guys produce a 9.4 sec car and try to hustle me people will be going to the hospital but if you want to man up and bring an honest to goodness 10.0 or slower GTR I will run for any amount you want because I have already done this race and know the outcome so unless you have personal experience with the specific race we are discussing it would probably be wise to slow down. I'm not trying to be a dick here, I jst know the outcome so unless you guys have a GTR that can defy the laws of physics and somehow makes MPH on the big end like a 660whp SC'd V8 you're gonna loose. Both cars weigh the sames, aero is going to come into play BIG TIME both cars have the same drag coeffient.....HP wins this race PERIOD, advantage JRCART so I'm Not sure what school GTR drivers get their physics degrees from but Id probably ask for a refund....starting to sound like the same school Mustang and STi drivers attended LMAO.

I won't $#@! with a GTR for money from a dig, even though I have beat quite a few, its just to iffy and just plain stupid, about as stupid as one wanting to $#@! with me in a 50-200 roll-on.

BTW, when did you get a GTR? What's done to your car? Why don't you just run me?
    I'd have no prob spanking your CLK if I still had my GT-R. I have some friends who do though and they have no prob running on a highway pull.

But since you said the car HAS TO run a 10.0 then I'm not sure I can back this up. One of my friends has a pretty strong GT-R and he will race any CLK from a roll but he has never been to the track before so I'm not sure if he will be running a 10.4 or a 9.8

GT-R ET all comes down to the launch control anyway. Some guys cut 1.5 or even 1.4 60' while others with more power but a more conservative launch control will hit 1.7 60's and ET higher even though they'd kill them on a roll.

Sure, hp vs hp wins. But GT-R has traction and DCT. Something that you don't seem to factor in.

Enough talk and bench racing. Run what you brung. If you want to run my friend's GT-R (never been to track) then I think we have a race. I have another friend who has never even stepped foot on a 1/4 mile track but I think he's too busy to prove that he could beat a CLK lol, even if he's going to make some $$$ off of it. If you are seriously down then I will try to have him meet somewhere, perhaps in PA? If you are confident enough, why not ship your car out to NY and hire Evosport to drive it for you. That should be an easy $10k in your pocket without you lifting a finger.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol $#@!s gettin all hardcore up in here...this will be an awesome race if the logistics can be worked out..however there still will be speculation&no way to prove if it is in fact a 10.00 GTR...that just seems like a set up for failure when time comes to payout.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Just wanna add this into the discussion: Jim,how about a race against a GTR w 650whp which would even the playing field&make things even more interesting...some GTR's will run 10.0-10.20 w less horsepower than ur car so let's even it up a bit lol

With 650 it will be interesting and a coin flip although with the GTR the transmission will likely win that race.

Of course the GTR will run better ET's with less HP, AWD + dual clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Lol $#@!s gettin all hardcore up in here...this will be an awesome race if the logistics can be worked out..however there still will be speculation&no way to prove if it is in fact a 10.00 GTR...that just seems like a set up for failure when time comes to payout.
    Sounds like we need a separate thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Sounds like we need a separate thread.
    That may be the death knell....its going good so far,just change the OP's title to make it work for us lol!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

That may be the death knell....its going good so far,just change the OP's title to make it work for us lol!
    Wouldn't be a death knell because the forum automatically notifies you if your posts gets moved to a new thread. So, everyone participating would know...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

GTR vs. M156 topic moved to its own thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Ok,im here so let's continue where we left off Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast