Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Supercharged CLK63/M156's vs. GTR's

Buy the GTR if you want to drive around in a butt ugly car that will break every other time you take it out to the track and really beat on it...great car......NOT!

2 buddies have ownded GTR's and the same two buddies had nothing but reliability issues and issues with the dealership and Nissan related to warraty coverage. Now the same two buddies own an AMG and an M3. GTR's are fast as hell...when they are not in the shop being repaired.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have quite a few friends with stock/modded R35's and they have been problem free. They beat the snot out of them on the street&dragstrip as well w no issues,including using the LC function. Maybe your friends just had bad luck? Im not crazy about the looks either but the performance once modded is undeniable. The GTR's in my area are ruling the street races;no other cars are touching them from the dig&the only cars that are beating them from a roll are mega hp 996tt's and even then its not by much
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    The GTR's in my area are ruling the street races;no other cars are touching them from the dig
    Keyword is dig.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone toline up against a modded GTR on the street is just plain stupid, the awd gives them a significant advantage. I won't even mess with nearly stock GTRs on the street, they will pull 6 cars on me and I will still be smoking my tires. No denying their performance but I wouldn't drive on to a $#@! fight...hell, I wouldn't drive one home from a $#@! fight.
    I have quite a few friends with stock/modded R35's and they have been problem free. They beat the snot out of them on the street&dragstrip as well w no issues,including using the LC function. Maybe your friends just had bad luck? Im not crazy about the looks either but the performance once modded is undeniable. The GTR's in my area are ruling the street races;no other cars are touching them from the dig&the only cars that are beating them from a roll are mega hp 996tt's and even then its not by much
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Keyword is dig.
    ya, roll-on we are talking a different story, even a heavily modded 10.0 second GTR is not gonna hang with me in a 50-60 mph roll-on...ain't gonna happen.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Keyword is dig.
    Not entirely...quite a few GTR's here trapping in the 150s,those are formidable from a roll as well&if you sleep on one you just might lose. From what I gather you favor roll racing,that being said horsepower&traction combined rule from a roll so the GTR is not just a "from the dig" car.

Jim/Rich;are you saying a GTR with equal horsepower to yours would lose from a 50-60mph roll?

Look,Im no GTR fanboi but I give props where they're do: a modded R35 w aftermarket turbos&supporting mods isnt a car to be taken lightly from a dig OR a roll..to think othwerise is ignorant as well as foolish.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not entirely...quite a few GTR's here trapping in the 150s,those are formidable from a roll as well&if you sleep on one you just might lose. From what I gather you favor roll racing,that being said horsepower&traction combined rule from a roll so the GTR is not just a "from the dig" car.

Jim/Rich;are you saying a GTR with equal horsepower to yours would lose from a 50-60mph roll?

Look,Im no GTR fanboi but I give props where they're do: a modded R35 w aftermarket turbos&supporting mods isnt a car to be taken lightly from a dig OR a roll..to think othwerise is ignorant as well as foolish.
    Let's not act like the strength is not from a dig due to awd. 150 plus mph gtr's are a rarity. Its really all in the launch as the weight and awd hurt it from a roll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I'm saying a GTR that can run a 10.0 or 6 or 7/10ths quicker than me in a quarter mile at the strip will not hang with me in a 50-150 roll-on, I've done it and it was somewhat close up til about 120 and then after that it looked like the GTR pulled a parachute, went from less than a 2 car length race to a 6 lenght race in the last 30 or so MPH. Not sure if it was aero or gearing or what but we did the race a few times with the same result every time. For the record the car I raced had run a best of a 10.16 compared to my best 10.62 so he was just under 6/10th quicker than me...that's a ton quicker but he also lays down 1.50 60s compared to my 1.60. His front half times are far more impressive than his back half times so I guess that's attributued to the AW and launch control. Not sure what else to attribute it to because I. Wouldn't think I would hanh with a nearly 10 second flat car but I did...and then some.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not interested in debating or arguing this topic,whether there are 1 or 100 GTR's trapping in the 150mph is irrelavent,point is they are out there...4 in my area alone. I have witnessed cars with more HP lose from a roll to GTR's w less hp. Weight is a moot point as well,horsepower&super fast trans are the great GTR equalizer,I dunno too many people using weight as a stipulation when they encounter eachother on the highway&do an impromptu roll
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im not interested in debating or arguing this topic,whether there are 1 or 100 GTR's trapping in the 150mph is irrelavent,point is they are out there...4 in my area alone. I have witnessed cars with more HP lose from a roll to GTR's w less hp. Weight is a moot point as well,horsepower&super fast trans are the great GTR equalizer,I dunno too many people using weight as a stipulation when they encounter eachother on the highway&do an impromptu roll
    I think it is very relevant as it shows it isn't easy to get a GTR to those traps. The vast majority trap low 120's and are going to race from a dig because that is their race and the vast majority won't be top highway cars because Supras and 996TT's will still walk them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rob, I am so confidant of it I will run (roll-on) one of the street racers with a 10 second GTR in your area for money. I don't really like roll-ons but I'm not dumb enought to run a modded GTR from a dig whether it be at the strip or on the street. They are lethal weapons from 0-100mph but I know their weakness firsthand and its 50-150. Set something up maybe around an MIR event and I will come out and show you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    agree on the weight part, my car is 4100 pounds with me in it, which is within a 100 pound of a GTR I would assume.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess a way to settle this is find a GTR fOrum and check to see if they have posted any V Box data on 60-130mph and see what that says.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Rob, I am so confidant of it I will run (roll-on) one of the street racers with a 10 second GTR in your area for money. I don't really like roll-ons but I'm not dumb enought to run a modded GTR from a dig whether it be at the strip or on the street. They are lethal weapons from 0-100mph but I know their weakness firsthand and its 50-150. Set something up maybe around an MIR event and I will come out and show you.
    Carefull his boys really don't f-around
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    neither do I...been street racing since the late 80's, I've seen pretty much every thing you can image street racing, guns, gunshots, two turbo GSXRs hitting a semi at 170mph, I've seen it all. I know enough not to bring a knife to a gunfight, that's why I would never line up from a dig with a GTR on the street, unless he's gonna spot me several cars and let me leave. Now let's say they claim to bring a 10 second GTR out and it whoops me in a roll-on...that's when we all go fist to cuffs because I know for a fact no 10 second GTR is gonna beat me in a 50-150 roll-on, I DON'T LIKE GETTING HUSTLED.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All that being said, I am not trying to argue or fjight with Rob, we put that $#@! behind us a long time ago, at least I did. The only point I'm trying t make is the outcome of a 50-150 roll-on between my BS and a GTR would be very different than a race from a dig between the same two cars and I would be willing to wager money on it. Now if they want to take me up on the wager and decide instead to bring out a 9.5 second GTR and hustle me, I will still pay up but their driver and money man will be going home with broken noses and broken ribs....that's how we roll in Chitown. Even street racing has gone high tech, V boxes ensure I made a clean pass and my buddy at the finish line holding a laser radar gun with data logging tells me if the guy I am running against shut down or did anything funky...like I said I don't get hustled. Losing fair and square is fine, I take my loses like a gentlemen but try to hustle me and we are gonna have problems.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just run without money involved and any potential issues are avoided.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it is very relevant as it shows it isn't easy to get a GTR to those traps. The vast majority trap low 120's and are going to race from a dig because that is their race and the vast majority won't be top highway cars because Supras and 996TT's will still walk them.
    Maybe on the West Coast they do;I am not talking about those. Almost every GTR around here is modded,mild to very wild. There are at least a half dozen AMS Alpha GTR's running around in the area plus countless other modded GTR's..trust me,they may have trapped 120 at one point but not any more.

Sounds good;I doubt I will make any MIR rentals this year so I dunno if that would work out. There are a $#@!load of em that show up at the rentals though so Im sure you could find some action if you wanted.

agree on the weight part, my car is 4100 pounds with me in it, which is within a 100 pound of a GTR I would assume.
    Yes,weight is pretty closely matched.

I guess a way to settle this is find a GTR fOrum and check to see if they have posted any V Box data on 60-130mph and see what that says.
    nagtroc.org would be the place,or sticky's favorite site 6sp lol!!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    SHHHH!!! You keep quiet over thereClick here to enlarge

neither do I...been street racing since the late 80's, I've seen pretty much every thing you can image street racing, guns, gunshots, two turbo GSXRs hitting a semi at 170mph, I've seen it all. I know enough not to bring a knife to a gunfight, that's why I would never line up from a dig with a GTR on the street, unless he's gonna spot me several cars and let me leave. Now let's say they claim to bring a 10 second GTR out and it whoops me in a roll-on...that's when we all go fist to cuffs because I know for a fact no 10 second GTR is gonna beat me in a 50-150 roll-on, I DON'T LIKE GETTING HUSTLED.
    Jim,I would never hustle you..it's not like its MY car that Im racing you with&I stand to personally gain by winning. But I see this "race" may be a problem since you would automatically assume that if the GTR won that you just got hustled&its not truly a 10.0 car. I have no way of proving to you that it is or isnt a 10.0 car since its not MY actual car,see where Im going with this??..dunno if a race is a good idea if thats your stance.

All that being said, I am not trying to argue or fjight with Rob, we put that $#@! behind us a long time ago, at least I did. The only point I'm trying t make is the outcome of a 50-150 roll-on between my BS and a GTR would be very different than a race from a dig between the same two cars and I would be willing to wager money on it. Now if they want to take me up on the wager and decide instead to bring out a 9.5 second GTR and hustle me, I will still pay up but their driver and money man will be going home with broken noses and broken ribs....that's how we roll in Chitown. Even street racing has gone high tech, V boxes ensure I made a clean pass and my buddy at the finish line holding a laser radar gun with data logging tells me if the guy I am running against shut down or did anything funky...like I said I don't get hustled. Losing fair and square is fine, I take my loses like a gentlemen but try to hustle me and we are gonna have problems.
    Lol chill bro,I know you arent trying to start anything..its all good,were coolClick here to enlarge
    Again,Im no internet hustla. I didnt call anyone out or even comment when you posted about your GTR kill. If you honestly want to race I do know of a legit 10.0 GTR who is a friend of mine. He just recently posted vids on nagtroc&disclosed all his mods in a thread as well. He does run for money&takes his racing seriously,I sent him a text&will see what he says. I highly doubt he is willing to travel outside of the NY/NJ area to run as there are plenty of money races in his backyard&he has no need to drive to far to run for money. I could try to set something up but honestly unless you actually drove/trailered your car up here&both of your schedules allowed for it I see it as a cool gesture on your part but in actuality,nothing more as it would be far too difficult to iron out w you being in Chicago.

Im very sure you would find several GTR's to run if you posted this on nagtroc.org but then you have to deal with all the internet drama that goes with it.

I have another,more interesting proposition for youClick here to enlarge:
    I have an honest to God 10.03 @ 141mph,100% bonestock 05 GSXR 1000 that I just picked up...we could do a 50 or 60mph roll to 150&see how that works outClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe on the West Coast they do;I am not talking about those. Almost every GTR around here is modded,mild to very wild. There are at least a half dozen AMS Alpha GTR's running around in the area plus countless other modded GTR's..trust me,they may have trapped 120 at one point but not any more.
    There are plenty of modded GTR's out here but the vast majority will be 120 trap cars. The insane ones are few and far between and even so they still aren't the top highway cars. The GTR's game is digs due to AWD and the dual clutch.

I have an honest to God 10.03 @ 141mph,100% bonestock 05 GSXR 1000 that I just picked up...we could do a 50 or 60mph roll to 150&see how that works out
    We're talking cars here but I think if it goes long enough that would be interesting.

I would like to make my way out to your coast sometime if my car is ever finished.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are plenty of modded GTR's out here but the vast majority will be 120 trap cars. The insane ones are few and far between and even so they still aren't the top highway cars. The GTR's game is digs due to AWD and the dual clutch.

We're talking cars here but I think if it goes long enough that would be interesting.

I would like to make my way out to your coast sometime if my car is ever finished.
    Lol,tell that to those crazy Russians!!!

And since this thread is waaay off topic already I figured Id throw the bike in the mix as well Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Sounds good;I doubt I will make any MIR rentals this year so I dunno if that would work out. There are a $#@!load of em that show up at the rentals though so Im sure you could find some action if you wanted.

Yes,weight is pretty closely matched.

nagtroc.org would be the place,or sticky's favorite site 6sp lol!!

SHHHH!!! You keep quiet over thereClick here to enlarge

Jim,I would never hustle you..it's not like its MY car that Im racing you with&I stand to personally gain by winning. But I see this "race" may be a problem since you would automatically assume that if the GTR won that you just got hustled&its not truly a 10.0 car. I have no way of proving to you that it is or isnt a 10.0 car since its not MY actual car,see where Im going with this??..dunno if a race is a good idea if thats your stance.

Lol chill bro,I know you arent trying to start anything..its all good,were coolClick here to enlarge
    Again,Im no internet hustla. I didnt call anyone out or even comment when you posted about your GTR kill. If you honestly want to race I do know of a legit 10.0 GTR who is a friend of mine. He just recently posted vids on nagtroc&disclosed all his mods in a thread as well. He does run for money&takes his racing seriously,I sent him a text&will see what he says. I highly doubt he is willing to travel outside of the NY/NJ area to run as there are plenty of money races in his backyard&he has no need to drive to far to run for money. I could try to set something up but honestly unless you actually drove/trailered your car up here&both of your schedules allowed for it I see it as a cool gesture on your part but in actuality,nothing more as it would be far too difficult to iron out w you being in Chicago.

Im very sure you would find several GTR's to run if you posted this on nagtroc.org but then you have to deal with all the internet drama that goes with it.

I have another,more interesting proposition for youClick here to enlarge:
    I have an honest to God 10.03 @ 141mph,100% bonestock 05 GSXR 1000 that I just picked up...we could do a 50 or 60mph roll to 150&see how that works outClick here to enlarge
    I ain't racing any bikes either LOL...remember I stadted racing bikes long before I ever raced a car. I might play around with some 600s but I am not messing with any liter class bikes or Busas or ZX14s.

BTW, you must be able to ride if you're making 10.04 passes on a stocker, does it have an arm? I assumed you're strapping the front end? That's $#@!in quick.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rob, you might be able to convince me to throw one of my bikes in my hauler the next time you run MIR, I'm game for a run what you brung stock wheelbase race. We can run for cash, dinner or bragging rights. I got a GSXR1000 too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky, I'm starting to think you don't even own a car LOL, when the $#@! is it gonna be done?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky, I'm starting to think you don't even own a car LOL, when the $#@! is it gonna be done?
    Ugh... I wish I knew. At this point I'm starting to wonder if I ever owned that car as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh... I wish I knew. At this point I'm starting to wonder if I ever owned that car as well.
    Poor guy....you really do have some epic patience.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast