Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No

    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Practitioners Foil Would-Be Armed Robbery

    Cool story about a some BJJ guys who were in CA for a jiu-jitsu tournament and spot an armed robber attempting to flee after taking money from a hotel clerk. They subdued the robber in quick fashion and even talked calmly to him until the police arrived. BJJ really is great for real-life encounters!

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-wp9093

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice. Wish I knew just one move...lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Here's one simple move that will go a long way in self-defense: If you ever are confronted by an attacker, always, always keep your hands/arms in front of your body and always keep them up and able to quickly block your hips from an opponents attempt to grab hold of your hips.

    Never leave your hips open to be grabbed and controlled. If you can block someones attempt to grab your hips and control you, you can largely negate most options to bring you down to the ground.

    Keep in mind, even though you must focus on blocking your hips from being controlled, you have to primarly keep your hands up, protecting your face/head from attack. Just stay mindful that even though you are protecting your head, you have to practice standing in a posture that will enable you to protect your head, torso, and also your hips.

    There's one move. Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have the best advice for anyone who wishes to practice self defense.


    Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Well, if there's one thing to take from this video that I posted, it is that not all self defense occasions require a firearm.

    That is a nice compensated G-17, though, if I'm not mistaken.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    G18 Click here to enlarge
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I have the best advice for anyone who wishes to practice self defense.


    Click here to enlarge
    Useless:


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    G18 Click here to enlarge
    I stand corrected, Sir. Click here to enlarge

    Always wanted one of those. Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Cool story about a some BJJ guys who were in CA for a jiu-jitsu tournament and spot an armed robber attempting to flee after taking money from a hotel clerk. They subdued the robber in quick fashion and even talked calmly to him until the police arrived. BJJ really is great for real-life encounters!

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-wp9093
    Cool article.... I bet he can't stop thinking how bad luck he's got running into those too Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Cool article.... I bet he can't stop thinking how bad luck he's got running into those too Click here to enlarge
    I imagine you're right. haha.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Dude should of never put the gun away.

    I liked to see some BJJ guy try a move when I have a gun pointed at his face.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    395
    Rep Points
    245.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've actually taken BJJ lessons and intended it as a base for Muai Thai...

    Took a pause after injuring myself and then i never returned, but i can see where this will come handy in situations like these...

    Wish we had the right to bear arms in Iceland, but they are only licensed to hunting purposes and limited to Shotguns and Semi-Automatic Rifles.

    At the same time i am grateful that we don't get to have guns, as there is near-to-none kill rate here, and the last known gun-assault was in December 2010, where the weapon (Remington 1187)was only intended to shoot the lock off the front door of the house to get in and claim some money owed to the shooters.

    Other than that... people will get killed by knife, choked or beaten to death... wich happens... at most 3 times per year... rates have been up since the crash of the Icelandic banking system in late 2008, but usual "kill-rate" would have been 1-2 person every 3 years Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    I want to move to iceland. But it's too cold.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Dude should of never put the gun away.

    I liked to see some BJJ guy try a move when I have a gun pointed at his face.
    "Jimmy was the kind of guy who rooted for the bad guys in the movies." -- GoodFellas Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by angelic0- Click here to enlarge
    I've actually taken BJJ lessons and intended it as a base for Muai Thai...

    Took a pause after injuring myself and then i never returned, but i can see where this will come handy in situations like these...

    Wish we had the right to bear arms in Iceland, but they are only licensed to hunting purposes and limited to Shotguns and Semi-Automatic Rifles.

    At the same time i am grateful that we don't get to have guns, as there is near-to-none kill rate here, and the last known gun-assault was in December 2010, where the weapon (Remington 1187)was only intended to shoot the lock off the front door of the house to get in and claim some money owed to the shooters.

    Other than that... people will get killed by knife, choked or beaten to death... wich happens... at most 3 times per year... rates have been up since the crash of the Icelandic banking system in late 2008, but usual "kill-rate" would have been 1-2 person every 3 years Click here to enlarge
    Nice post. Very informative.

    I agree, BJJ is a great supplement to other martial arts. But you do get injured when you train. It's the big downside.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    395
    Rep Points
    245.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I want to move to iceland. But it's too cold.
    You would be quite amazed at how hot it is Click here to enlarge

    6c now in my region Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Nice post. Very informative.

    I agree, BJJ is a great supplement to other martial arts. But you do get injured when you train. It's the big downside.
    Try being the 6'3", 287lbs guy that gets slammed by the 6'8", 310lbs guy in "the heat of the moment" Click here to enlarge hehe
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by angelic0- Click here to enlarge
    You would be quite amazed at how hot it is Click here to enlarge

    6c now in my region Click here to enlarge

    What the $#@! is a single digit temperature? It doesn't compute.

    :O
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    395
    Rep Points
    245.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, i even mistyped... it's 9c and it's a evening....

    it went as high as 13c today....
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by angelic0- Click here to enlarge
    You would be quite amazed at how hot it is Click here to enlarge

    6c now in my region Click here to enlarge



    Try being the 6'3", 287lbs guy that gets slammed by the 6'8", 310lbs guy in "the heat of the moment" Click here to enlarge hehe
    Ouch! Be careful.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •