Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

How bad do YOU want it?

2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Remember seeing that video, it's really good. They way he says it in the end is true.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Inspirational. I need to pay attention to this and apply it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's just obsession, IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    That's just obsession, IMO.
    Sometimes you need to be obsessed with success.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sometimes you need to be obsessed with success.
    You aren't successful until you've succeeded. So until then, what are you? Unaccomplished for one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You aren't successful until you've succeeded. So until then, what are you? Unaccomplished for one.
    Hmmm, I don't know if I quite understand. Basically, the video is saying if you want it badly enough you need to make it your priority or else you don't really want it. Maybe that is obsession but maybe that is also what it takes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm, I don't know if I quite understand. Basically, the video is saying if you want it badly enough you need to make it your priority or else you don't really want it. Maybe that is obsession but maybe that is also what it takes.
    Yes. That seems harmless and innocent enough. Inspirational and all that. I'm getting into something more tricky, I guess.
    Basically, too many people are total bull$#@! and ideologies like that corrupt certain minds. There are too many impressionaable douche bags out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. That seems harmless and innocent enough. Inspirational and all that. I'm getting into something more tricky, I guess.
    Basically, too many people are total bull$#@! and ideologies like that corrupt certain minds. There are too many impressionaable douche bags out there.
    Well, I don't disagree with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was going to move this to the inspirational thread, but it deserves its own in my book.

"sleep is for people who are broke" Click here to enlarge Makes sense. I'm super broke and I sleep all day!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    "sleep is for people who are broke" Click here to enlarge Makes sense. I'm super broke and I sleep all day!
    Hah.
    Long rant, single paragraph;
    I know what it's like to be so busy that I wouldn't even think about food until my stomach would be growling at me. And then I'd still have no chance to eat even if I sent someone else to bring me food. That's just being caught up in the constant hustle. When you're the boss and the man man to TCOB, you can always make some time for yourself later, but business first. And there's no clocking out for you, you bring it all with you. So many people would need something from me and count on me throughout the day, it would just hit me all at once later when I'd kick off my shoes and sink into the couch. It's tormenting. Instead of relaxing, so many thoughts would run through my head, I couldn't concentrate on a single one for a while. I would get some good ideas and insightful thoughts from it though. I could have a millisecond of memory trigger big plans an ideas. Maybe someone stealing. Something I saw that day while I was running around busy, didn't matter then, but when it pops through my head later, Bingo! I'll have it all figured out for the next day.

Now I'm not thinking of business. I'd rather be totally laid back with plenty of free time but enough income to enjoy my days. I want low expenses but nice things that i can afford and I'll enjoy a worry free life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^I understand where you're coming from and when you're the head-honcho, things are way different. However, I remember talking to a former boss of mine and he told me that if he could go back and make less money, he wouldn't mind because he would be able to spend more time with his family and doing things he likes. Sure he would be able to buy that expensive house or car but he would have more time.

I guess it all depends on the situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sometimes being successful means working so hard, tormenting yourself and expression obsession or else you just wont be successful. Not everyone has to go through that to be successful, but for the other 99% of us, that's what it takes. FWIW my bosses love me because im obsessive compulsive. In the industry I work there is no replacement for attention to detail, and obsession is the pinnacle of attention to detail.

If you are content with making a decent living and enjoying your earnings thats fine, but to some people that is not success.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge