Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hi, here's what I found after about 500 kms (310 mils for you yanks.)
    Click here to enlarge

Ambiant Temp about -4 C ( 24.7 F)

its about 10-12 mL of liquid. I'm guessing the "white bits" are water condensate with contaminants that froze up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by YFlagg Click here to enlarge
    Hi, here's what I found after about 500 kms (310 mils for you yanks.)
    Click here to enlarge

Ambiant Temp about -4 C ( 24.7 F)

its about 10-12 mL of liquid. I'm guessing the "white bits" are water condensate with contaminants that froze up.
    That's quite a bit in that span...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm hoping to have mine installed this weekend. Unfortunately I don't drive my car that much so it might take some time to accumulate, but it will be interesting to see if I have that much after a few hundred miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I'm hoping to have mine installed this weekend.
    Installing it yourself?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Nah. I've asked the shop that is doing the dyno to install it for me. I'm also going to ask they check for leaks while they're under the hood.

It's a simple install from what I hear, but I don't have any of the tools to do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

@Weistec

Can you please send me the link to the instructions for a C63 install? I had the shop do it based off your pictures, but just talked to the tech at the Mercedes dealer and he thinks the vacuum is too close to the firewall and can cause problems due to the high torque.

Any chance you might know what he means by that?

Here are two pics of the install.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    @Weistec

Can you please send me the link to the instructions for a C63 install? I had the shop do it based off your pictures, but just talked to the tech at the Mercedes dealer and he thinks the vacuum is too close to the firewall and can cause problems due to the high torque.

Any chance you might know what he means by that?

Here are two pics of the install.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Try pm'ing @Weistec it sends an e-mail notification. You can e-mail them as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Your tech probably means the line running along side the motor is too close and as the motor torques/moves on the engine mounts it might hit the line. Thats the only thing I can think of...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Try pm'ing @Weistec it sends an e-mail notification. You can e-mail them as well.
    Thanks. I'll do that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Your tech probably means the line running along side the motor is too close and as the motor torques/moves on the engine mounts it might hit the line. Thats the only thing I can think of...
    I think I understand. The tech said he'll show me when I come pick up the car too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So after talking with the Mercedes tech today I learned that the install of the catch can is fine in the front of the engine bay, but the placement of the PCV adapters is in a bad position.

I'm curious why this hasn't been brought up before. There seems to be very little room in the back of the engine compartment on the C63. This leaves even less room for the PCV adapters. It is basically right up against the firewall as you can see in my picture above. Was it installed incorrectly or is this truly the limited space we have to deal with?

If it is the limited space then don't you think this might be bad due to the torquing of the engine? It has nowhere to go and will push the PCV adapters into the firewall, no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

So after talking with the Mercedes tech today I learned that the install of the catch can is fine in the front of the engine bay, but the placement of the PCV adapters is in a bad position.

I'm curious why this hasn't been brought up before. There seems to be very little room in the back of the engine compartment on the C63. This leaves even less room for the PCV adapters. It is basically right up against the firewall as you can see in my picture above. Was it installed incorrectly or is this truly the limited space we have to deal with?

If it is the limited space then don't you think this might be bad due to the torquing of the engine? It has nowhere to go and will push the PCV adapters into the firewall, no?
    No idea on this one, @Weistec.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234