Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    538
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Ok, Bernie got his money so Austin is back on the calendar for 2012. Yeeehaawww!!!
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Ok, Bernie got his money so Austin is back on the calendar for 2012. Yeeehaawww!!!
    Will the track be done in time?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    That will probably be not a real issue, I hope.
    The US is not India or Korea for finishing 1 week before the event.
    The main concern was Austin not coming up with the $35M Bernie Ecclestone demanded for putting the race on the calendar in the first place.
    That has now been taken care of.
    From now on they have 11 months to complete this circuit.

    From the official Formula1 site:

    The Formula 1 United States Grand Prix’s place on the 2012 calendar was confirmed by the FIA on Wednesday after organisers revealed they have reached agreement with Formula One Management over the new race in Austin, Texas.

    “We want to thank the fans who supported us, the local officials and businesses who have encouraged us, the State of Texas, Circuit of The Americas staff and Bernie (Ecclestone) himself,” said Red McCombs, chairman of McCombs Enterprises and founding partner of Circuit of The Americas.

    Confirmation of Circuit of The Americas’ 10-year race contract means engineering and construction teams will now resume work on the track to ensure completion for its 2012 debut, scheduled on the FIA calendar for November 18.

    Circuit of The Americas will be the first purpose-built Formula One Grand Prix facility in the United States designed for any and all classes of racing. The master plan features a variety of permanent structures designed for business, education, entertainment and race use.

    Its signature element will be a 5.5-kilometre (3.4-mile) circuit. Other support buildings will include a medical facility, 14 executive meeting suites, a conference centre and a banquet hall, as well as an expansive outdoor live music space. Future proposed amenities include a driving/riding experience, a motorsports driving club, kart track, grand plaza event centre and tower, and a trackside recreational vehicle park.

    For more information visit www.CircuitofTheAmericas.com
    For the full 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship calendar click here.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    The main concern was Austin not coming up with the $35M Bernie Ecclestone demanded for putting the race on the calendar in the first place.
    WTF so he just extorted them for $35 mil? Are these races really worth so much that it is worth it?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    2012 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar

    01 2012 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 16 - 18 Mar
    02 2012 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 23 - 25 Mar
    03 2012 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 13 - 15 Apr
    04 2012 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 20 - 22 Apr
    05 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA SANTANDER 2012 (Catalunya) 11 - 13 May
    06 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2012 (Monte Carlo) 24 - 27 May
    07 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2012 (Montréal) 08 - 10 Jun
    08 2012 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 22 - 24 Jun
    09 2012 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 06 - 08 Jul
    10 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2012 (Hockenheim) 20 - 22 Jul
    11 FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2012 (Budapest) 27 - 29 Jul
    12 2012 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 31 Aug - 02 Sep
    13 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2012 (Monza) 07 - 09 Sep
    14 2012 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 21 - 23 Sep
    15 2012 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 05 - 07 Oct
    16 2012 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 12 - 14 Oct
    17 2012 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi) 26 - 28 Oct
    18 2012 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 02 - 04 Nov
    19 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (Austin) 16 - 18 Nov
    20 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2012 (São Paulo) 23 - 25 Nov
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    WTF so he just extorted them for $35 mil? Are these races really worth so much that it is worth it?
    The word from Texas is that the circuit in Austin has found the money that it needs to pay the fees demanded by the Formula One group, which are believed to be in the region of $35 million a year.
    The state of Texas will provide $25 million in funding once on the basis that the event will generate more than this amount for the state, but that still means that the circuit needs to find an additional $10 million per year.
    Given that the backers of the circuit have already sunk around $100 million in construction work they basically had no choice but to go ahead.

    The original deal was for $25 million for promoter Tavo Hellmund, an Ecclestone family friend. He was unable to complete that deal and Bernie Ecclestone was not keen on giving his “mate’s deal” to anyone else.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    2012 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar

    01 2012 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 16 - 18 Mar
    02 2012 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 23 - 25 Mar
    03 2012 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 13 - 15 Apr
    04 2012 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 20 - 22 Apr
    05 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA SANTANDER 2012 (Catalunya) 11 - 13 May
    06 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2012 (Monte Carlo) 24 - 27 May
    07 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2012 (Montréal) 08 - 10 Jun
    08 2012 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 22 - 24 Jun
    09 2012 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 06 - 08 Jul
    10 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2012 (Hockenheim) 20 - 22 Jul
    11 FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2012 (Budapest) 27 - 29 Jul
    12 2012 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 31 Aug - 02 Sep
    13 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2012 (Monza) 07 - 09 Sep
    14 2012 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 21 - 23 Sep
    15 2012 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 05 - 07 Oct
    16 2012 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 12 - 14 Oct
    17 2012 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi) 26 - 28 Oct
    18 2012 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 02 - 04 Nov
    19 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (Austin) 16 - 18 Nov
    20 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2012 (São Paulo) 23 - 25 Nov
    This deserves its own thread.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    Done
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    What a waste. I can't believe RedBull thrashed the $#@! out of that car like they did. For what ? Nuthin. LAME.

    Can someone pls photochop a huge 12 gallon cowboy hat onto Bernie for me ?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Points
    6,859.8
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    What a waste. I can't believe RedBull thrashed the $#@! out of that car like they did. For what ? Nuthin. ?
    It is no big deal at all.
    it is a 2 year old spec car, or they would not be allowed to run it due to the testing regulations.
    And it is a demo car.
    And like every F1 car, after a race or demo, it gets completely stripped and rebuild after every performance.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •