Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 134
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Actually during that time period, many of the Evotech files were causing problems.... not just ones sold by EuroElites, and you can read about some of the problems on mbworld and other forums if you search the threads around that time period. I'm not sure how the tunes are right now though Click here to enlarge
    You Seriously need to check on this as I totally think it is all uintrue :-)I have an ECU Evotech tune. I think its the best.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    56.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    First and foremost, My only affiliation with Evotech is the person bringing Evotech officially to the USA happens to be a personal friend of mine. I don't even have an Evotech tune on my car. However I wouldn't hesitate to have one, Its just I dont need a tune at this time. What people should understand is just about any good tuner will get you where you need to be. There is no magic wand when it come to tuning. Kind of like most 55's and 63's end up at the same place with similar mods.

    I agree with what Bret said. For the longest time Brabus only had an importer. With the size Brabus is, you would think they would have had something bigger in the USA? Pretty sure now they do. As for the Mercedes world the only real tuner here from Europe is Kleemann. In regards to having a full facility in the USA, until Brabus opened shop here.

    All I can say is Evotech has been around for a while. They are popular in Europe and have been tuning BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Porsche for a pretty long time. Only problem is their tuning results 1/4 mile numbers are some what hidden under other companies private label names. What I do know is this. For the companies the used Evotech for their tuning source basically recieved base, canned tunes. The tweeks that were made to those tunes (here in the USA were relayed to back to Evotech in Germany if adjustments needed to be made (pretty sure thats how it worked).

    Personal I think its good news, that people wanting an Evotech product will be able to have the files done here int he USA, and when adjustment to maps need to be made. You dont have to go though a few people to do it. Or deal direct with the headquarters half way around the world. I think its pretty cool to have a known tuner from Germany bringing their products to the USA.

    What I do know is: This is still in the beginning states. The website for Evotech is still being worked on, Evotech Reps and staffing still need to happen. As details come I can pass it on to people who what to know or to Sticky directly. Even though Ken is heading up Evotech USA and doing some tuning and flashing right now, there are things Evotech Germany and Evotech USA need to hash out. Again I don't know what those details are.
    You may be right about evotec being around for a while, but they sure had to file for bankruptcy a few times, or at least reorganised under different ownership/names. That's why it is now called evotec motorsport. And why do you think the business is owned by the wife and not mr. oliver anymore. If you need an explanation on this, let me know.
    I dont' trust a guy that closes his business when going gets tough, screws everybody along the way, and then a day later opens up the the same business under a different name/ownership and keeps doing what he did before. And I don't want to elaborate on what that is.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    56.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    You Seriously need to check on this as I totally think it is all uintrue :-)I have an ECU Evotech tune. I think its the best.
    I think YOU need to check on this, because it's true.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    95.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    This is why I don't get involved with ECU tunes on cars. I let the people that do that job worry about that. It also seems like I'm being forced to defend Evotech, however thats not the case. For one, people asked a question and it was referred to ask me directly, because of my knowledge of what happening. Eventually it will all come out. Sooner or later people will see most of Mercedes tuning in the USA... the base maps originated from Evotech. Even if some of the tuners/flashers don't know it. How altered those maps are these days is anyone guess.

    AMG4V, I'm not going to drop a bomb or really comment on it further. Its none of my business, but I will say this there is an Insurance company of Evotech's going after someone for a boat load of money. Please show me a case that Evotech owes a company money. Its not that I do or don't believe you. Its just that I want to see it. Rather that just an internet rumor.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
    You may be right about evotec being around for a while, but they sure had to file for bankruptcy a few times, or at least reorganised under different ownership/names. That's why it is now called evotec motorsport. And why do you think the business is owned by the wife and not mr. oliver anymore. If you need an explanation on this, let me know.
    I dont' trust a guy that closes his business when going gets tough, screws everybody along the way, and then a day later opens up the the same business under a different name/ownership and keeps doing what he did before. And I don't want to elaborate on what that is.
    Where did you hear or learn about this? I wish you would elaborate more.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    56.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where did you hear or learn about this? I wish you would elaborate more.
    I just know, because I know a lot of people in this business. It will take me few days, but I can certainly get a copy of court papers in Germany.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    95.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Being someone who knows some inside info, I had to make a few phone call to find out what you knew. So yes Evotech did go though a restructuring a while back. But do you know why??? If you do you're not saying. Its because a big performance shop in the USA allegedly ripped them off for over 1 million dollars. I mean this info isn't exactly posted or even known outside of a small circle. My guess is you know about these people and companies and how they really fit together. Renntech, Evotech, Bill Hart, & Jimmy Palka (sp?). You might even know about the DP7 Racing mess.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    All I know is I hope whatever issues Evotech may or may not have had in the past were rectified and they are offering good tunes to people today.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    You mean the car that had mechanical issues before it was ever tuned? And you mean Ken was one of the people who help dump EuroElites when he was with Renntech? Not to mention right on EuroElites front page is a picture of a Dyno-Comp built car (SL55) LOL. As for owing money... You mean the one alleged to have been filed by Oliver against the other company you mentioned? Mo I think its time for a long conversation with Bill Heart. He will tell you whats going on between RT and Evotech and why relationships were really severed. Maybe emailing Oliver at this point is the best way to get the story. I'm sure he will tell you about the past and pressent. One thing is for sure, it seems like a bunch of hearsay going around.

    When someone contacts the maker of the tunes. In this case Evotech. Thay ask them to send a file over via email, cloud, or what ever. I never hear any tuner ask. "what condition is the car in?" That is up to the shop to decide if its a great working car. I don't know any good shop that would put a tune on a car if it had underlying problems. However that goes back to the shop. Good shops will find any issues with cars before they ask their tuner to make a file for it. And when you don't have an insurance policy for your shop.... We know what happens next when problems arise. One things fore sure 99 times out of 100 times the file on those 100 cars is exactly the same file/map. Its that 1 car out of the 100 that showed an issue. Why do yo think tuners look at the car rather than their file? Its because that map that is used on that car is every other car without issue. Then the argument is always heard "well it never did this before your tune." Well maybe the tune someone asked to be installed on there ECU exposed the underlying problem the car was having? Its up to the shop and owner of the car to find and fix those issues.

    In fact I remember RT former tuner on speaker phone with Dyno-Comp about a car that had issues. And I quote: " I'm scratching my head hear, because I have that file on many other cars with no issue" I don't have the ability to see though phones, but I think it was the same guy on the phone who tuned your car Mo. Turned out to be a simple issue with the car and the problem was fixed.

    Piont is, when you do software you try to do it once if its a base or standard tune. Thats how they make money. Do the work, then resell it without have to make new files each and every time. If Adobe had to make Photoshop every time they sell it, it just wouldn't work out... Sure tuners do custom tunes, but they are building them off of basemaps, helps to speed things up a bit. We all understand some tuners are better than others. Thats why you see a lot of tuners making just about the same power. Then the few who make less.

    With that said, I just came here to answer some questions that were asked. I don't have a horse in the tuning race as thats not what I do. However i'm rooting for Evotech USA and Ken to do well in this new venture. If anything let Ken's work speak for its self. Over time, Im sure it will. I just ask that people give the guy a fair shake. He's a respectable, and smart guy.
    Mike, I have heard many sides of this story from multiple sources on each side. I don't know which side is correct and which is lying. My intention was to mention the other side as well because before my post, every single post made in this thread was one-sided. I merely presented what I've heard from multiple different individuals about the other side of the story. The engine failures were not all from EuroElites side by the way... there were a couple of "hush-hush" ones that were just as bad. The stories mainly ran in the PM world except for a quick mention here and there in a couple of the threads on mbworld. Also, aside from the whole RENNtech vs Evotech vs DynoComp mess, the rumors of Oliver screwing (business-wise) a few tuners/companies in Europe actually came from different online sources (German and Russian forums) and were completely different from any local talk which emphasized screwing engines. Any how, I'll be talking to Oliver directly and will try to verify some facts. I'm sure we'll see a few of his tunes in action at the drag strip soon.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    Being someone who knows some inside info, I had to make a few phone call to find out what you knew. So yes Evotech did go though a restructuring a while back. But do you know why??? If you do you're not saying. Its because a big performance shop in the USA allegedly ripped them off for over 1 million dollars. I mean this info isn't exactly posted or even known outside of a small circle. My guess is you know about these people and companies and how they really fit together. Renntech, Evotech, Bill Hart, & Jimmy Palka (sp?). You might even know about the DP7 Racing mess.
    Actually Mike..... this info is well known in PM world and has been for a while now. The problem is that each person circulating the issue passes their own version of it and it becomes harder for bystanders (like you and I) to filter through the mess.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    All I know is I hope whatever issues Evotech may or may not have had in the past were rectified and they are offering good tunes to people today.
    +1.... and I'm sure their newer stuff works great, but here in the US, we tend to lean towards independent customer reviews and preferably track and real world results. As of right now, the Mercedes track-records belong to RENNtech and MHP. RENNtech holds the record for the quickest/fastest 55k and 65TT engines while MHP retains a strangle hold on the 63 NA models.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    56.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Actually Mike..... this info is well known in PM world and has been for a while now. The problem is that each person circulating the issue passes their own version of it and it becomes harder for bystanders (like you and I) to filter through the mess.
    Seems like the numbers increase with each time somebody repeaets it, but I guess that is somewhat "normal". People like to inflate things and making an ant into an elephant?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Points
    28.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure how you missed that the overall Mercedes record is Renntech's. Additionally, they have the M113 kompressor record AND M275 record. So not sure what you are saying to base the Evotech superiority on once again.

    Yes, I definitely care about the 1/4 mile in the USA because in general we like to see ET and trap over a set standard.

    Your argument for Evotech not having many tunes in the USA is likely similar to Renntech in Europe.

    I'm sure they are both good options.
    And OE having the tune only record. Click here to enlarge
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12



  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    And OE having the tune only record. Click here to enlarge
    Yes, that as well.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    +1.... and I'm sure their newer stuff works great, but here in the US, we tend to lean towards independent customer reviews and preferably track and real world results. As of right now, the Mercedes track-records belong to RENNtech and MHP. RENNtech holds the record for the quickest/fastest 55k and 65TT engines while MHP retains a strangle hold on the 63 NA models.
    Would this be Dad's on the bottle ? If so, that's hardly a record in my opinion and the OE tune only means a lot more when comparing apples to apples.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    And OE having the tune only record. Click here to enlarge
    Sticky commented on the overall MB record, which is SGC in a CL65. If you stay on the same theme, the overall tune-only record is an OE car? Whose? I would think it'd be a 65 of some sort, or the new 63TT, that'll hold the overall tune-only record. Maybe an SLR, but there tune is almost always tune and pulley, AFAIK. What do the SLS's run the 1/4 in, anyone know?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Would this be Dad's on the bottle ? If so, that's hardly a record in my opinion and the OE tune only means a lot more when comparing apples to apples.
    I think Exeenom is referring to Dads, Dodger, mthis, petro, raleigh, and many others that've put up stout N/A times. Not just Dads' nitrous runs. For example, Dodger owns the overall N/A record AFAIK, 10.7 @ 131. That's pretty quick/fast without a power-adder...

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Sticky commented on the overall MB record, which is SGC in a CL65. If you stay on the same theme, the overall tune-only record is an OE car? Whose? I would think it'd be a 65 of some sort, or the new 63TT, that'll hold the overall tune-only record.
    What they meant was not the fastest tune only overall MB but specifically regarding the M156 platform fastest tune only car. Obviously forced induction cars will have greater gains with just a tune.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What they meant was not the fastest tune only overall MB but specifically regarding the M156 platform fastest tune only car. Obviously forced induction cars will have greater gains with just a tune.
    Right, I thought that was probably what propain meant. Honestly, people make up a million different record-classes, and then argue what fits vs. what doesn't to the nth degree. It's gotten to the point that people will sarcastically post "I have the fastest tune-only white C63 on the East Coast, north of the Mason-Dixon line." It's come a long way from "stock vs. modified vs. power-adder."

    Propain had a tune, modified airboxes, and tires. The other car that still claims "fastest tune only" had tune and tires, everything else stock. Propain's car was the quicker/faster of the two slips (different tracks, different days IIRC).

    But you were talking about overall MB, not just M156, right? Because Renntech doesn't hold the overall M156 quarter-mile records. N/A M156 is MHP, and power-adder M156 is MHP (but should be a good competition this fall with the Weistec cars).

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Points
    28.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Right, I thought that was probably what propain meant. Honestly, people make up a million different record-classes, and then argue what fits vs. what doesn't to the nth degree. It's gotten to the point that people will sarcastically post "I have the fastest tune-only white C63 on the East Coast, north of the Mason-Dixon line." It's come a long way from "stock vs. modified vs. power-adder."

    So you dont think platforms should be separated when comparing records?

    Propain had a tune, modified airboxes, and tires. The other car that still claims "fastest tune only" had tune and tires, everything else stock. Propain's car was the quicker/faster of the two slips (different tracks, different days IIRC).

    The "Other" car also had tune,tires,skinnys,race fuel and an airbox. It was also run at the same track in similar DA. If you are going to make claims at least be informed. What is this new troll trend going on with you? You seem to have become quite the pot stirrer around here.

    But you were talking about overall MB, not just M156, right? Because Renntech doesn't hold the overall M156 quarter-mile records. N/A M156 is MHP, and power-adder M156 is MHP (but should be a good competition this fall with the Weistec cars).


    That is the overall fastest MB. RENNtech. I didnt hear otherwise. Did it get beat?
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12



  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    But you were talking about overall MB, not just M156, right?
    I was, yes, in relation to Renntech having some impressive times. Propain was mentioning tune only records in relation to the M156.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    My guess is you know about these people and companies and how they really fit together. Renntech, Evotech, Bill Hart, & Jimmy Palka (sp?). You might even know about the DP7 Racing mess.
    I asked you a question about tJhe Evotech tune that Ken has and you did not answer, but I want to know, what do you Know about Jimmy Pelka ? (Not Palka)

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    95.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm not a sponsor of this forum yet. Joe and I have been in talks for a few months now. Its looking like that will happen soon enough, but until then I want to respect Joe and the site policies. As for Jimmy Pelka AKA Little Jimmy. I only know about what I've heard. What heard is he is working off the stolen database of files from Evotech. From back when he he worked for Evotech and before he started PP performance

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,795
    Rep Points
    31,796.8
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Didn't realize the guy from PP-P or whatever the name is worked at Evotech before.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    I'm not a sponsor of this forum yet. Joe and I have been in talks for a few months now. Its looking like that will happen soon enough, but until then I want to respect Joe and the site policies. As for Jimmy Pelka AKA Little Jimmy. I only know about what I've heard. What heard is he is working off the stolen database of files from Evotech. From back when he he worked for Evotech and before he started PP performance
    I kind of expected you would talk negative about one of the best tuners for this platform. Do you usually speak of what you hear?If he has stolen Files from Evotech, than how in the world is he able to beat them ? In case you didn't Know, the recors for the fastes C63 in the German mile run belongs to PP-Performance.Jimmy was trained by Evotech. He was Hacking ECU's and writing files for Evotech until he started PP-Performance. I know a few with C63's that have his tune , not to mention, who are also able to beat me. I Personally Met Jimmy, and saw him program my friend's SLS. I'm switching My Evotech tune with his tune during this month. He has two warehouse. One Germany and the other one in the Middle-East. He also tunes cars for TTR in russia and has racing records. Looool. I don't know who's calling him little Jimmy. Is it Oliver? That's propaly how he appears when his cars are smoking them on track. :-)He is one of the fine YOUNG german tuners. If you wanna know for sure, go race his customers and you will find out.I don't know what you are hearing and from who .Jimmy is no longer associated with Evotech. He writes his own software.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Didn't realize the guy from PP-P or whatever the name is worked at Evotech before.
    Hi Joe, I mentioned it in a previous post in this thread, before he did. Jimmy was trained by Oliver from Evotech. He was writing files for Evotech and assisting Oliver until he started PP-Performance. Certainly doesn't steal files from anyone.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •