Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Evotech ECU tune

Are any of you guys runing the Evotech tune on your C63's?. ITs amazing, I had a previous tune. This is much better, especially on 4th and 5th gear. As the diffrence is pretty obvious

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is Evotech the same as the MHP (Techtec) tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not even really super familiar with Evotech, any more details on them? Who is their tuner?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
    Is Evotech the same as the MHP (Techtec) tune?
    AFAIK, no. You might be thinking of Eurotek, who (I think) uses Techtec like MHP.

Oliver Neumann used to do all of Evotech's tuning, I believe - not sure if he still does, or if not, who develops their maps in his place.

IIRC, Evotech used to do Renntech's tuning, before Oliver and Hartmut had a falling out...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Evotech is a German firm? Who distributes their software in the USA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Evotech is a German firm? Who distributes their software in the USA?
    Well, according to their website (quick Google), Dynocomp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Well, according to their website (quick Google), Dynocomp.
    Interesting, then how do they do custom tunes in the USA or is it all canned?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, then how do they do custom tunes in the USA or is it all canned?
    Is "they" Evotech or Dynocomp in your post?

Evotech's listed rep in the U.S. at Dynocomp (according to Evotech's website) is [email]kr@EVOTECH .de - it's just an educated guess on my part, but in all likelihood that is Ken Rudy, former Renntech tuner at Dynocomp.

On MBW, Hooleyboy of MBH posted about the falling out between Renntech and Dynocomp... something about how Hartmut came out to Arizona, a fistfight broke out, cops had to be called... sounded pretty serious at the time. There was also some alleged story about Ken Rudy selling Renntech tunes "on the side" (no idea if that story was true... might've been baseless). Maybe your Renntech contact can fill in the blanks for you (I don't know the story at all, other than the little bit I saw posted).

From what I understand, both Rich (Dynocomp owner) and Ken are skilled tuners - I'm sure they'd be able to do custom tunes in the USA. Maybe they use Evotech and email files back and forth, or maybe they have the capability to make map adjustments in real time? IDK.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is "they" Evotech or Dynocomp in your post?
    Both.

On MBW, Hooleyboy of MBH posted about the falling out between Renntech and Dynocomp... something about how Hartmut came out to Arizona, a fistfight broke out, cops had to be called... sounded pretty serious at the time. There was also some alleged story about Ken Rudy selling Renntech tunes "on the side" (no idea if that story was true... might've been baseless). Maybe your Renntech contact can fill in the blanks for you (I don't know the story at all, other than the little bit I saw posted).
    I'm familiar with this story but only have on side of it.

From what I understand, both Rich (Dynocomp owner) and Ken are skilled tuners - I'm sure they'd be able to do custom tunes in the USA. Maybe they use Evotech and email files back and forth, or maybe they have the capability to map map adjustments in real time? IDK.
    If they can tune themselves why would they be selling Evotech in the first place instead of their own tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm familiar with this story but only have on side of it.
    Well, presumably, if you have a direct line into Renntech these days, it may be best for them to elaborate (unless that's the one side you already have).

If they can tune themselves why would they be selling Evotech in the first place instead of their own tune?
    I have no idea. Could be numerous reasons, and maybe it's not that black-and-white. Maybe Evotech software provides the map access and coding necessary, but DC can make proprietary changes to fuel, ignition, and throttle mapping?

Among people you consider to be real tuners of the ME 9.7 in M156 AMGs, do they build their own base maps from scratch... or do they source them from somewhere and apply proprietary software edits to differentiate?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, presumably, if you have a direct line into Renntech these days, it may be best for them to elaborate (unless that's the one side you already have).
    It may be best simply to let it die as well. If Renntech wants to comment that is their business, I don't intend to force the issue as it seems that relationship is over with and each party has moved on.

I have no idea. Could be numerous reasons, and maybe it's not that black-and-white. Maybe Evotech software provides the map access and coding necessary, but DC can make proprietary changes to fuel, ignition, and throttle mapping?
    That certainly is a possibility and I hope that is actually the case. Would like to know for certain though.

Among people you consider to be real tuners of the ME 9.7 in M156 AMGs, do they build their own base maps from scratch... or do they source them from somewhere and apply proprietary software edits to differentiate?
    I think without sources in Europe cracking these ECU's we would not see much at all so everyone starts with base similarities. It is how they go from there that determines who the real tuners really are.

Some can go pretty far, some can just do the basic changes. Some just sell canned tunes with no custom changes whatsoever. So, I just want to figure out what it is that is being sold by Dynocomp.

Also, how are Hooley (MBH) and Dynocomp involved or are they even?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It may be best simply to let it die as well. If Renntech wants to comment that is their business, I don't intend to force the issue as it seems that relationship is over with and each party has moved on.
    I doubt Renntech wants to publicly comment on it here - that doesn't appear to be their M.O. When I said "direct line" - I meant you could probably go to them and ask them, if you were curious, for your own information.

That certainly is a possibility and I hope that is actually the case. Would like to know for certain though.
    You'd have to ask them (Evotech and/or DC) to know for certain.

I think without sources in Europe cracking these ECU's we would not see much at all so everyone starts with base similarities. It is how they go from there that determines who the real tuners really are.

Some can go pretty far, some can just do the basic changes. Some just sell canned tunes with no custom changes whatsoever. So, I just want to figure out what it is that is being sold by Dynocomp.

Also, how are Hooley (MBH) and Dynocomp involved or are they even?
    That's my understanding as well - individual(s) in Europe is/are really figuring out how to crack the coding... everyone else goes from there. Without that big helping hand from Europe, they'd all be locked out.

As for MBH and DC, hooleyboy is a guest vendor here, right? If you want to know about his business, probably best to just ask him. Short of calling DC yourself, hooleyboy is also probably your best source for what DC does tuning-wise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'd have to ask them (Evotech and/or DC) to know for certain.
    Maybe someone who knows will chime in? If not, guess I would have to ask.

As for MBH and DC, hooleyboy is a guest vendor here, right?
    Right.

If you want to know about his business, probably best to just ask him.
    Probably is best but I'm asking the in thread. He always answers my e-mails so I could contact him directly but I prefer to have the information here as a resource. I also just prefer to use the forum for communication.

Why Hooley such a good source of what Dynocomp does tuning wise?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I sent my ECU directly to Oliver. At that time I believe Dynocomp were working with Oliver. I believe they still do. I dealt directly with oliver because he had a matched tune for my caragraphic exahust system. Dynocomp had matched tunes for their MBH headers. I could have gone with this, but I prefered a tune that works the best with my own headers and not lose any low or high end power. I'm glad I did and I'm surprised that nobody in the forums has the same tune. Its one of the best tunes you could get for the C63. It defenitly beats renntech's tune :-)Evotech and Techtec are diffrent companies

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Its one of the best tunes you could get for the C63.
    Based on....?

I sent my ECU directly to Oliver.
    You are located in the USA?

I dealt directly with oliver because he had a matched tune for my caragraphic exahust system.
    I see, so he already had a tune for that exhaust setup. This was not a custom tune specifically for your exhaust on your car though, right? This was based on another cargraphic setup that they tuned?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Based on....?You are located in the USA? I see, so he already had a tune for that exhaust setup. This was not a custom tune specifically for your exhaust on your car though, right? This was based on another cargraphic setup that they tuned?
    Correct. Oliver had already worked on the same set up on my car in the past. He gave me the same file. Therefore, I didn't have to put the car on a dyno and make map changes.I'm not from the USA, but I visit Chicago a lot. I have an Office in Chicago. That's where I bought and modded my car .If you want more info on how the Evotech tune compares with the renntech tune, contact Oliver. I'm sure you will get more info :-). We always beat renntech tuned cars :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct. Oliver had already worked on the same set up on my car in the past. He gave me the same file. Therefore, I didn't have to put the car on a dyno and make map changes.I'm not from the USA, but I visit Chicago a lot. I have an Office in Chicago. That's where I bought and modded my car .If you want more info on how the Evotech tune compares with the renntech tune, contact Oliver. I'm sure you will get more info :-). We always beat renntech tuned cars :-)
    Interesting, makes sense someone from overseas would go to an overseas tuner. Likely more difficult for US residents to deal with Evotech but seems they can go through Dynocomp.

Regarding how it compares to a Renntech tune, videos or more importantly timeslips would help me form my own opinion in that regard.

Thanks for the supplemental info. I have a feeling more will come.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, makes sense someone from overseas would go to an overseas tuner. Likely more difficult for US residents to deal with Evotech but seems they can go through Dynocomp.Regarding how it compares to a Renntech tune, videos or more importantly timeslips would help me form my own opinion in that regard. Thanks for the supplemental info. I have a feeling more will come.
    You are welcome. I'm not discrediting Renntech. I'm sure they have top class tunes for all MB cars. When it comes to racing and especially the 63 engines, Evotech outpreforms them. I really love what renntech do for the V12 65 Engines

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When it comes to racing and especially the 63 engines, Evotech outpreforms them.
    I just don't see what this is being based on. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I've never seen Evotech hold any record in racing and I think Renntech has a few on the MB platforms.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't see what this is being based on. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I've never seen Evotech hold any record in racing and I think Renntech has a few on the MB platforms.
    Those records you are seeing are at dragtimes.com. Which record quarter mile runs. Renntech are not leading as well, as all top records belong to MHP. MHP have german tuners work on tuning their ECU's from Techtec. Not many people carry Evotech tunes on their C63 in the USA. If they are, then they are not taking their cars to the track. In Germany we care mostly about the German one mile Race. If you check the German Mile run, you will see that for the 63 Platform Evotech have won many races and have good records along with Techtec and PP-Performance. I think PP-Performance currently hold the record for the fastest C63 in the mile run. They have a good tuner who was trained by Evotech ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those records you are seeing are at dragtimes.com. Which record quarter mile runs. Renntech are not leading as well, as all top records belong to MHP. MHP have german tuners work on tuning their ECU's from Techtec. Not many people carry Evotech tunes on their C63 in the USA. If they are, then they are not taking their cars to the track. In Germany we care mostly about the German one mile Race. If you check the German Mile run, you will see that for the 63 Platform Evotech have won many races and have good records along with Techtec and PP-Performance. I think PP-Performance currently hold the record for the fastest C63 in the mile run. They have a good tuner who was trained by Evotech ;-)
    I'm not sure how you missed that the overall Mercedes record is Renntech's. Additionally, they have the M113 kompressor record AND M275 record. So not sure what you are saying to base the Evotech superiority on once again.

Yes, I definitely care about the 1/4 mile in the USA because in general we like to see ET and trap over a set standard.

Your argument for Evotech not having many tunes in the USA is likely similar to Renntech in Europe.

I'm sure they are both good options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky If I may reply?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    Sticky If I may reply?
    Go ahead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In a nutshell. Ken worked for Renntech, Ken had a falling out with Renntech. Ken was a long time friend of Oliver at Evotech. Dating back to when RT used Evotech files many years ago. As The Ken, Dyno-Comp and RT, falling out happened. Rich (owner of Dyno-Comp) thought it best to just start developing his own custom tuning for the headers. Rich tunes every make and model car except for Jaguar really. Writing his own files and spending countless hours on the the dyno. He might be one of a few tuners with a mechanical engineering degree

After Ken left RT, Oliver brought Ken on to head up Evotech USA. Dyno-Comp and Ken teamed up to take car of the tuning needs to BMW at the Dyno-Comp location. However Ken from Evotech USA, does do a lot of mail order Mercedes flashing of Evotech products. For the people who want Evotech products. Evotech USA recently purchased all the new updated hardware to flash the new V8TT AMG's and many other cars for that matter. From what I hear that cost about $7,000 in tools alone. Where as Dyno-Comp and Evotech USA both have the older BMD tool used on the older ECU's. So Its not uncommon if you have access to Ken or Richards office to see a few BDM tools floating around.

With Dyno-Comp and Evotech USA sharing the same location, this allows Evotech's tuned cars to cut their teeth on Dyno-Comp's Dyno Dymanics dyno. Then having the ability to adjust, and flash cars on the spot if need be. This is just about identical to how RT operated out of Dyno-Comp in past years. In turn DC was able to help RT's tuners develop some very strong tunes. I suspect this will also happen with Evotech now that they will have a strong presence in the USA. The Dyno-Comp location seemed fitting because Evotech in Germany is 15min from AMG's headquarters. Evotech USA is located 10min (in traffic) from the number 1 AMG dealer in the USA, Schumacher European in Scottsdale AZ.

With that said I'm looking forward to working with Richard from DC and Ken from Evotech on some projects. Two good minds are better than one Click here to enlarge I think this

As to clear some of the air, Ken was never selling RT tunes under the table. An allegation like that is completely unfounded. Not sure if there is a legal issue going on in this State (Arizona) stemming from the indecent that happened at DC a while ago that I "think" Ken filed with the Police. On the same note, I've bought stuff from RT through Dyno-Comp and Ken. That order was invoiced, including a tune. The order was placed through Dyno-Comp. Dyno-Comp and Ken ordered the products from RT. RT was paid on that order. You would think if anyone is getting a free tune it would be me? Not the case. Ken's an honest guy how makes an honest living and keeps a low profile. Even after Ken left RT, he made sure all of RT's inventory was send back to them. He could have easily told them to come get it themselves. Not the case. Ken is a great guy and someone I'd be happy to work with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After Ken left RT, Oliver brought Ken on to head up Evotech USA.
    Ok. This Ken dude worked for Renntech (doing what?) and now works for Evotech USA as he heads Oliver's (the tuner from Evotech?) operations here. I think I got that part straight.

However Ken from Evotech USA, does do a lot of mail order Mercedes flashing of Evotech products. For the people who want Evotech products. Evotech USA recently purchased all the new updated hardware to flash the new V8TT AMG's and many other cars for that matter. From what I hear that cost about $7,000 in tools alone. Where as Dyno-Comp and Evotech USA both have the older BMD tool used on the older ECU's. So Its not uncommon if you have access to Ken or Richards office to see a few BDM tools floating around.
    By mail order Mercedes flashing you don't mean all the way back to Germany right? Just want to get clarification there as well.

With Dyno-Comp and Evotech USA sharing the same location, this allows Evotech's tuned cars to cut their teeth on Dyno-Comp's Dyno Dymanics dyno.
    Why is this? Why doesn't Evotech have their own facility and their own dyno?

Then having the ability to adjust, and flash cars on the spot if need be.
    Who is the person who does this adjustment at the physical location? This is all based on Evotech files, correct? Dyno-Comp does not have files/tunes of their own?

I suspect this will also happen with Evotech now that they will have a strong presence in the USA.
    What is the reason that they will now have a strong presence you think?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast