Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 186
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Had a great pizza yesterday. Wish I had a photo to post but it was Roasted Artichoke, Spinach, mushrooms, olives, chicken with a spinach/artichoke/garlic sauce. One of the best non-red sauce pizzas I have ever had.

    I think New York probably does the traditional pizza probably best but I'm thinking when it comes to thinking out of the box for a pizza cali has it beat.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Had a great pizza yesterday. Wish I had a photo to post but it was Roasted Artichoke, Spinach, mushrooms, olives, chicken with a spinach/artichoke/garlic sauce. One of the best non-red sauce pizzas I have ever had.

    I think New York probably does the traditional pizza probably best but I'm thinking when it comes to thinking out of the box for a pizza cali has it beat.
    Sounds good. Question though, do they use real mushrooms or that canned $#@!?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good. Question though, do they use real mushrooms or that canned $#@!?
    Definitely not canned.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    NY pizza is frankly an art form all it's own...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Chicago style FTMFW! Gino's East meaty legend, or Giordano's supreme. So damn good.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Chicago style is too thick but I haven't actually had true Chicago pizza so maybe I don't know my stuff. I do always order thin crust here though.

    I love this pizza from Round Table, the King Arthur Supreme:

    Click here to enlarge

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    890
    Rep Points
    62.6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Chicago style FTMFW! Gino's East meaty legend, or Giordano's supreme. So damn good.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...008ccad0-1.jpg

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...za738863-1.jpg
    WTF?! That is not pizza.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    WTF?! That is not pizza.
    That's my thought.

    I don't even know what to call it.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Chicago style is too thick but I haven't actually had true Chicago pizza so maybe I don't know my stuff. I do always order thin crust here though.

    I love this pizza from Round Table, the King Arthur Supreme:

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im..._60183_0-1.jpg
    Nope, sorry don't know your stuff....LOL I love all kinds of pizza, but on a true taste test and pure enjoyment of a pie, nothing comes close to a true Chi-town pie, it just doesn't. Cali pizza to me is just a healthier version of a NY pizza, which I do enjoy.

    EDIT: @Sticky check out Giordanos or Gino's East, both will ship a frozen pizza to you for you to bake at home. Honestly, you have to give it a try to accurately discuss pizza, not saying it will become your favorite, it's personal choice, but you gotta try it before making a comparison. I like Giordano's sauce a bit better, but Gino's has the best dough. http://www.ginoseast.com/shop/ http://giordanos.com/shop/
    Last edited by mjmarovi; 01-23-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    WTF?! That is not pizza.
    Now see, that's what I say when I get some flimsy, sauceless, ill-topped slice of NY pizza. That's one thing I hate about living in Florida and I miss so much about living in Chicago, is the pizza....it's honestly laughable.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I've had Chicago pizza. It's different for sure but it's actually amazing.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    270
    Rep Points
    407.9
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    l&b brooklyn is great
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Nope, sorry don't know your stuff....LOL I love all kinds of pizza, but on a true taste test and pure enjoyment of a pie, nothing comes close to a true Chi-town pie, it just doesn't. Cali pizza to me is just a healthier version of a NY pizza, which I do enjoy.

    EDIT: @Sticky check out Giordanos or Gino's East, both will ship a frozen pizza to you for you to bake at home. Honestly, you have to give it a try to accurately discuss pizza, not saying it will become your favorite, it's personal choice, but you gotta try it before making a comparison. I like Giordano's sauce a bit better, but Gino's has the best dough. http://www.ginoseast.com/shop/ http://giordanos.com/shop/
    It's not like I can't get Chicago style pizzas in California. I just think the thick style makes it like some big bread and cheese cake instead of a pizza.

    I just am a thin crust person.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Points
    1,904.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Grimaldi's is good place to get some New York style pizza. There is one in LA.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Grimaldi's is good place to get some New York style pizza. There is one in LA.
    I'll be in LA tomorrow and through the weekend. I might just swing by.

    Depends what mood I will be in. Burger, sushi, or pizza.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not like I can't get Chicago style pizzas in California. I just think the thick style makes it like some big bread and cheese cake instead of a pizza.

    I just am a thin crust person.
    I know, that's what most people think, but once you have a good one, you'll then believe a pizza needs to be that thick to get the right amount of sauce, cheese, and other toppings, lol. See, the problem I have with most New York or Cali (which I guess would be a bit more a self-rising style) is that they lack sauce, I laugh at all these NY Pizza places that advertise and boast about how good their sauce is, yet they only have a ladle or two n the entire pie...makes no sense. Here's how a pizza should be made...and believe me it's not just a bunch of dough, and doesn't taste that way, NY pizza tastes like all dough in comparison

    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  18. #93
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'll be in LA tomorrow and through the weekend. I might just swing by.

    Depends what mood I will be in. Burger, sushi, or pizza.
    I hear in and out is awesome, but don't have it here. How does it compare to Five Guys?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    but once you have a good one, you'll then believe a pizza needs to be that thick to get the right amount of sauce, cheese, and other toppings
    I guarantee you I will not. I like thin crust pizza. A big thick pizza to me just isn't a pizza.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    See, the problem I have with most New York or Cali (which I guess would be a bit more a self-rising style) is that they lack sauce
    Just ask for more sauce?

    This place does a Chicago style in California:

    Click here to enlarge

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I hear in and out is awesome, but don't have it here. How does it compare to Five Guys?
    I'm a big fan of Inn N Out. I don't see how it can beat for the price. It's a damn good burger.

    I haven't had Five Guys yet but I hear those two compared often.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Regarding the sauce comments, thin crust can have plenty of sauce. I prefer this to the Chicago style:

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #97
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I guarantee you I will not. I like thin crust pizza. A big thick pizza to me just isn't a pizza.



    Just ask for more sauce?

    This place does a Chicago style in California:

    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...yspieJPG-1.jpg
    That looks closer to a pan pizza, a bit different than deep dish, but hey, it's a step in the right direction lol
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #98
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Regarding the sauce comments, thin crust can have plenty of sauce. I prefer this to the Chicago style:

    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...Facebook-1.jpg
    Everyone has their preferences, there's still plenty of thing crust I like, sometimes I even like to order the crispy thin crust, but I'm telling you, in the end nothing compares to a true deep dish Chicago Pizza. It just doesn't. There's not even that much more dough, it's about the cheese, sauce, and toppings. That pizza above looks good for a healthier lunch pizza
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    That looks closer to a pan pizza, a bit different than deep dish, but hey, it's a step in the right direction lol
    Why in the world would you want it deeper than that?

    THIS IS PIZZA:

    Click here to enlarge

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has their preferences, there's still plenty of thing crust I like, sometimes I even like to order the crispy thin crust, but I'm telling you, in the end nothing compares to a true deep dish Chicago Pizza. It just doesn't. There's not even that much more dough, it's about the cheese, sauce, and toppings. That pizza above looks good for a healthier lunch pizza
    It feels like the Chicago pizza is all dough.

    This is clearly war.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •