Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

New York vs. California Pizza

Ok, so @e92 is chilling with me and we go out to NewPort. He didn't drink because the night before he got a little destroyed. My bad, good times. Anyway, we went to this pizza place. He wasn't ready to eat yet because of an upset stomach from drinking too much. Anyway, we got on the debate of California vs. New York pizza. E92 said New York is the best and I called bull$#@!. Ok? But, then he showed me a picture. Now, he has not eaten my California Pizza and I have not eaten his New York Pizza but he claims the New York Pizza is better. Actually, he says it is the best.

Some quotes:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92
    It looked liked good pizza, I'm not gonna lie. But I would fly to New York for one slice of pizza.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92
    The cheese was hot and it slid around a little bit. What else did I just say? Well, hold on. I was just going to say something I forgot. Oh yeah, how much better is New York Pizza than California Pizza? And I said I can't tell you how much better it is. It is just that it is just perfect and you know when something is just right/perfect and it can't be beat. Does that make sense?
    Hard quotes to beat gentlemen and I trust him. But, is it really that much better if better at all?

Pictures:

My Newport Beach California Pizza of Awesomeness:

Click here to enlarge

Versus his amazing New York Cheese Pizza whose awesomeness I do not deny:

Click here to enlarge

Can we call a truce or is one really better than the other?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Neither. Chicago is the way to go!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'll take a New York, or Chicago pizza ANYDAY. Way TOO many tooty fruity toppings in CA for me to even want to try one. Just saying, LOL. Pizza is about meats and cheeses, NOT tofu, avacado, or what ever other GAY topping you can find.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

NY&Chi town pizza kick California "pizza" in da azz...and besides that,NY has the best $#@!in bagels in the country...all u have out there thats good is In-N-Out burgers..and we have FiveGuys that is just as good if not better. East Side yo!!
    lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Both are good, just depends on where you go. The place I manage, I can say I have the best Kosher pizza in Socal. In Ny one of my favorite is joannes pizza OMG. That place I will never forget how good the pizza is. Joannes pizza over any cali pizza x 1000
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    NY&Chi town pizza kick California "pizza" in da azz...and besides that,NY has the best $#@!in bagels in the country...all u have out there thats good is In-N-Out burgers..and we have FiveGuys that is just as good if not better. East Side yo!!
    lol
    we have five guys too, not even as good as In n out. Pretty damn expensive too for what it is.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

east coast 100%

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    First of all there is no "CA pizza". It doesn't exist because those in CA making pizza are simply attempting to copy the true NY pie. It comes down to two principals - thick or thin. All those in between are posers - like the CA pizza you pictured above, Sticky. Sorry.

And for the record - Chi town deep dish is technically NOT a pizza, it's a pasta dish. Ask any good chef from Chicago.

If you want a fantastic NY pizza you need to take a trip to Westwood. IMO, the pest pizza on the west coast:

http://www.lamonicasnypizza.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    we have five guys too, not even as good as In n out. Pretty damn expensive too for what it is.
    I never knew what the big hype about In N Out burger is about.... Had it in Vegas and i wasn't satisfied. The name sure as hell fits it, "in" n quickly "out".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    I never knew what the big hype about In N Out burger is about.... Had it in Vegas and i wasn't satisfied. The name sure as hell fits it, "in" n quickly "out".
    Vegas is the key word. I never get fast food or anything like that in vegas. It's asking for food poisoning which I usually get every year I go to vegas. Key is to come down in LA and have some In n out. You would probably change your mind.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    First of all there is no "CA pizza". It doesn't exist because those in CA making pizza are simply attempting to copy the true NY pie. It comes down to two principals - thick or thin. All those in between are posers - like the CA pizza you pictured above, Sticky. Sorry.

And for the record - Chi town deep dish is technically NOT a pizza, it's a pasta dish. Ask any good chef from Chicago.

If you want a fantastic NY pizza you need to take a trip to Westwood. IMO, the pest pizza on the west coast:

Maybe I'll visit that place on my way back up to norcal. I don't think it's out of the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    I'll take a New York, or Chicago pizza ANYDAY. Way TOO many tooty fruity toppings in CA for me to even want to try one. Just saying, LOL. Pizza is about meats and cheeses, NOT tofu, avacado, or what ever other GAY topping you can find.Click here to enlarge
    But none of that was on the pizza I posted...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The pizza in cali is like having cheeze and sauce on a big cracker.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    Inn N Out is really, really good. You have to order the right thing, double double animal style.

Great burger place I know is called Slater's 50/50, look at this. The patty is half bacon half beef just awesome:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge

I'll check this place out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Silly debate. NY vs Cali is no contest. NY all the way.

The only place where you will find Pizza better than NY is in Naples Italy. Its the home of the Neapolitan or "Regular" slice and is simply the best in the world.

Now if you could eat a picture that Cali slice sure does look tasty and it does look the part. But I know better. Click here to enlarge
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I've never heard of California pizza. As far as I'm concerned, there is NY pizza and then there is everything else. Chicago style is good but not my thing.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Inn N Out is really, really good. You have to order the right thing, double double animal style.

Great burger place I know is called Slater's 50/50, look at this. The patty is half bacon half beef just awesome:

Click here to enlarge
    Reminds me of Umami burger
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

and if you find yourself in NY the best places to go are:

L&B Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn. Best Sicilian in NY.

and

Lombardi's Pizzeria.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So Chicago pizza is a pasta dish? Well, that's fine by me. Makes me hungry just thinking about all that goodness. One thing that the east coast is missing is a damn El Pollo Loco! That and weinerschnitzl. -I tried spelling that, oh well. The food isn't all that great, but it's something that I miss.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xerox445 Click here to enlarge
    The pizza in cali is like having cheeze and sauce on a big cracker.
    Thats whats REAL italian pizza is... With all due respect, in america every foreign food gets LOADED with tons of meet and cheese on it and still call it by its name... Mexican, south american, european, no matter where is it from. No disrespect, some of they taste amazing, I just wouldnt call that a pizza or a taco, etc... (Taco Bell is another example)

I've been to chicago a couple of times and tried "thick pizza", and I liked it, its not bad, but I still prefer real pizza, thin, with real tomatoes, and some prosciuto or salame...

At the end its all about preference, none of them taste bad! Its just that one of the will help faster with your premature heart attack!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Silly debate. NY vs Cali is no contest. NY all the way.

The only place where you will find Pizza better than NY is in Naples Italy. Its the home of the Neapolitan or "Regular" slice and is simply the best in the world.

Now if you could eat a picture that Cali slice sure does look tasty and it does look the part. But I know better. Click here to enlarge
    This NY pizza bias is insane. I guess I simply have to try it.

Let me tell you those slices were pretty tasty...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Reminds me of Umami burger
    What is a Umami burger?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    One thing that the east coast is missing is a damn El Pollo Loco! That and weinerschnitzl.
    Now I know our Mexican food is better.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast