Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I know you didn't mean any, that is the thing. You have been so damn polite to me I don't understand it since we kind of had conflicting perspectives.

I think I have exhausted the topic as well but better to end on a positive, light note.
    I'm mature enough to accept the fact that not everyone will agree with me. This wasn't my fight. It wasn't my place to get involved. But, you have known me long enough to know I am vocal when I truly believe there's wrong taking place. That's what I did. I conveyed my opinion on why I thought there was inappropriate behavior. I don't know how much experience you have in a corporate setting, but people who talk $#@! about others around the water cooler lose respect of their peers. When I have issues with things going on at work, I vent to people who are outside of the office. I also give everyone respect until they disrespect me and lose that, as some have done here. Speaking of...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    I wouldnt worry about him bro. His nickname and avatar clearly indicate what he is, a clown. You have nothing to apologise about. I think you updates were informative and warned alot of MB customer of what might have happened to thier ECUs. Thats why we must thank you. The fact that you were being modest and came out and apologised to some of the members, is something that you did not have to do as an admin, but since you did, that tells me that you ar a high class person.
    It appears you lack the understanding of username options. This forum does not assign you a username containing your full name. The reason is anonymity. Judging someone based on his decision to be anonymous on a public forum shows your lack of character, immaturity, and failure to understand the reasoning for that decision. I would think after the events that transpired around here recently, you would have figured that out. My decision to keep the same anonymous username I have been using for the last 15 years on the internet has no bearing on my character.

I hope you enjoy the corner you have painted yourself into among the other forum users who have to resorted to unnecessary rhetoric and immature name-calling instead of engaging in healthy mature conversation. If you don't think that other users see what you're doing, mainly losing any credibility you might have had, you've got a lot to learn.
    Last edited by Yomama69; 10-22-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good job Sticky.

It takes a big person to admit when he is wrong.

Taking responsibility for your actions shows class, so I too would like to admit that you were wrong.Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Good job Sticky.

It takes a big person to admit when he is wrong.

Taking responsibility for your actions shows class, so I too would like to admit that you were wrong.Click here to enlarge
    I think all parties had a bit of wrong in this. I guess this is Sticky's turn to take some lumps though. I wonder if we will see a post from MHP or Andy saying "Im Sorry" as well. Click here to enlarge
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    It appears you lack the understanding of username options. This forum does not assign you a username containing your full name. The reason is anonymity. Judging someone based on his decision to be anonymous on a public forum shows your lack of character, immaturity, and failure to understand the reasoning for that decision. I would think after the events that transpired around here recently, you would have figured that out. My decision to keep the same anonymous username I have been using for the last 15 years on the internet has no bearing on my character.I hope you enjoy the corner you have painted yourself into among the other forum users who have to resorted to unnecessary rhetoric and immature name-calling instead of engaging in healthy mature conversation. If you don't think that other users see what you're doing, mainly losing any credibility you might have had, you've got a lot to learn.
    Mr. Mature, The man made a public apology and admitted he made mistakes. In my books you give this man forgivness and encouragment. Unlike you, whose wanting to discourage him and put him down. Wow, talk about maturity. You need to get some. Now lighten up and buzz off. This thread obviously wasnt intended towards you, so stop squeezing your ass in it. Have a nice day and good luck

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Mr. Mature, The man made a public apology and admitted he made mistakes. In my books you give this man forgivness and encouragment. Unlike you, whose wanting to discourage him and put him down. Wow, talk about maturity. You need to get some. Now lighten up and buzz off. This thread obviously wasnt intended towards you, so stop squeezing your ass in it. Have a nice day and good luck
    You might want to re-read my posts in this thread. I commended him for conjuring up an apology for his actions, but conveyed that I thought it was a misdirected apology. You're just a pot calling a kettle black while saying you can praise him for his apology, but other people (namely me) can't comment on it.

I'm sorry you cannot accept the fact that other people have differing opinions than yourself. Sometimes forgiveness is not instantaneous with an apology and has to be regained with subsequent conduct. I believe Sticky understands this principle based on his comments after the apology. It might help your understanding of other people if you take a step back and evaluate things objectively. Maybe play a little devils' advocate in your head. Failure to do so will prevent you from self-progression as a respectful and contributing human being.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    You might want to re-read my posts in this thread. I commended him for conjuring up an apology for his actions, but conveyed that I thought it was a misdirected apology. You're just a pot calling a kettle black while saying you can praise him for his apology, but other people (namely me) can't comment on it. I'm sorry you cannot accept the fact that other people have differing opinions than yourself. Sometimes forgiveness is not instantaneous with an apology and has to be regained with subsequent conduct. I believe Sticky understands this principle based on his comments after the apology. It might help your understanding of other people if you take a step back and evaluate things objectively. Maybe play a little devils' advocate in your head. Failure to do so will prevent you from self-progression as a respectful and contributing human being.
    thanks for exploding the laughs out of my abs. Your obvioulsy not even worth replying to. have fun disturbing others

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    I think all parties had a bit of wrong in this. I guess this is Sticky's turn to take some lumps though. I wonder if we will see a post from MHP or Andy saying "Im Sorry" as well. Click here to enlarge
    I was wondering the same...
    Sticky has made his mistakes and owned up to them. Wouldn't it be nice if Andy did the same after attempting to deceive us all? not sure it would really matter though. Someone who lies straight to my face over and over will never regain my respect or trust - no matter how many times they apologize.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I was wondering the same...
    Sticky has made his mistakes and owned up to them. Wouldn't it be nice if Andy did the same after attempting to deceive us all? not sure it would really matter though. Someone who lies straight to my face over and over will never regain my respect or trust - no matter how many times they apologize.
    Indeed. Play all the games you want. Just don't lie to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Indeed. Play all the games you want. Just don't lie to me.
    I'll post pictures of me EATING my Jimmy Buffet T-shirt when Andy appologizesClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Agreed.

It would be nice to have both parties involved admit fault, apologize and move on.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    I'll post pictures of me EATING my Jimmy Buffet T-shirt when Andy appologizesClick here to enlarge
    Lol. Ill get you another one . Jimmy is one of the coolest guys I've ever met.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Lol. Ill get you another one . Jimmy is one of the coolest guys I've ever met.
    Thanks Propain, but I'll wager that my JB t-shirt is safe and sound

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Propain, but I'll wager that my JB t-shirt is safe and sound
    Id say so. Click here to enlarge If you are a fan of JB and live in NY hit me a PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky,

I think it's great you've seen the error in your ways and have apologized for your recent unethical behavior whilst administering BenzBoost. We're all human and make mistakes - how we learn from them (if we learn from them) and correct our misbehavior is how we become better people. You'll probably say I'm being nit-picky, and you might be right, but I wanted to point out a couple perception-based things for your benefit:

I don't have to do this, but believe I should.
    "I don't have to do this" probably isn't the greatest opening line choice, when dealing with an apology. Might've been better off to leave that line out entirely. The rest of our opening post was pretty good.

It just didnt need to go that far. Stepped away and realized the site is bigger and I should behave more professionally.
    Bingo. Perfect post, well said.

But then...

The only thing I did wrong was go a bit too far. Let's not forget this all originated from the actions of someone else who played EVERYONE here.

I don't even think I had to apologize but I'm man enough to admit when I make a mistake.
    Now you're starting to lose me... because this later post sounds like you still blame someone else for your own actions (or reactions, as it were), and that you don't feel an apology from you to the forum is even necessary. You are also still rationalizing and downplaying the severity of your actions. So, from a perception-standpoint, it starts to make one wonder "is this apology just lip-service? Or is it really heartfelt?"

My opinion (take it or leave it) is that conditional apologies ("I apologize, but...") tend to feel like the one offering it isn't really sorry for whatever took place.

My advice, just keep it simple: "Guys, recently I let my emotions get the best of me, and I behaved unprofessionally while administering BenzBoost. By publicly-posting private conversations for all to see, I realize I've betrayed your trust - I am truly sorry for it; it was something I should not have done. I hope I can regain your trust in the future. Again, my apologies. Sincerely, Sticky."

Anyway, just some pointers (that I recognize, of course, you didn't ask for), and overall, thanks for the apology - it's a good first step here towards making this better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,

I think it's great you've seen the error in your ways and have apologized for your recent unethical behavior whilst administering BenzBoost. We're all human and make mistakes - how we learn from them (if we learn from them) and correct our misbehavior is how we become better people. You'll probably say I'm being nit-picky, and you might be right, but I wanted to point out a couple perception-based things for your benefit:

"I don't have to do this" probably isn't the greatest opening line choice, when dealing with an apology. Might've been better off to leave that line out entirely. The rest of our opening post was pretty good.

Bingo. Perfect post, well said.

But then...

Now you're starting to lose me... because this later post sounds like you still blame someone else for your own actions (or reactions, as it were), and that you don't feel an apology from you to the forum is even necessary. My opinion (take it or leave it) is that conditional apologies ("I apologize, but...") tend to feel like the one offering it isn't really sorry for whatever took place.

My advice, just keep it simple: "Guys, recently I let my emotions get the best of me, and I behaved unprofessionally while administering BenzBoost. By publicly-posting private conversations for all to see, I realize I've betrayed your trust - I am truly sorry for it; it was something I should not have done. I hope I can regain your trust in the future. Again, my apologies. Sincerely, Sticky."

Anyway, just some pointers (that I recognize, of course, you didn't ask for), and overall, thanks for the apology - it's a good first step here towards making this better.
    You should be directing your analysis toward why we are here in the first place, as in, not due to my actions which were in response to unethical behavior. I'm not interested if you think "probably" is a strong enough word or not.

I decided to say how I felt and take the higher road, that is all.

Give it a rest.

Here is a pointer, take your own advice and don't downplay your own actions.

First step toward making this better? I just got sick of dealing with a scumbag whom I exposed and did so later unfortunately by lowering myself to a level that I realized was beneath me and not at all how I should act. I decided to publicly state why I made a retraction. I'm dumbfounded you haven't written this same drivel in response to what originated me having to be put in a difficult position which was a vendor going way, way, way, way, beyond what any professional company should. I didn't betray anyone's trust as I stated the truth. I shouldn't have to cover up accounts for a vendor, that is simply insane.

You should be pointing your finger somewhere else and I don't really appreciate your holier-than-thou attitude. I posted some text messages from my phone that showed an individual doing some twisted things. I didn't kill someone unless you want to personify Andy's reputation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You should be directing your analysis toward why we are here in the first place, as in, not due to my actions which were in response to unethical behavior. I'm not interested if you think "probably" is a strong enough word or not.
    This thread is about your apology for your recent actions. Discussing someone else's behavior is off-topic. Unless someone held a gun to your head, and made you post those texts? Were you under extreme duress at the time?

And, you didn't say "probably," I did, so your second sentence doesn't really make sense. If you misread what I was trying to say, it's that "'I don't have to do this' probably isn't the greatest opening line" when making an apology, in terms of endearing yourself to those whom you wish to offer an apology. I emphasized the "probably" in my statement, to inject a little levity into what is otherwise a serious matter. Obviously, it didn't work too well.

I decided to say how I felt and take the higher road, that is all.

Give it a rest.

Here is a pointer, take your own advice and don't downplay your own actions.

First step toward making this better? I just got sick of dealing with a scumbag whom I exposed and did so later unfortunately by lowering myself to a level that I realized was beneath me and not at all how I should act and decided to publicly state why I made a retraction. I'm dumbfounded you haven't written this same drivel in response to what originated me having to be put in a difficult position which was a vendor going way, way, way, way, beyond what any professional company should. I didn't betray anyone's trust I stated the truth. I shouldn't have to cover up accounts for a vendor, that is simply insane.

You should be pointing your finger somewhere else and I don't really appreciate your holier-than-thou attitude. I posted some text messages from my phone that showed an individual doing some twisted things. I didn't kill someone unless you want to personify Andy's reputation.
    So... apology, to... deflection of the issue, trivializing and justifying what you did, along with a few unprofessional remarks sprinkled in for good measure?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This thread is about your apology for your recent actions. Discussing someone else's behavior is off-topic. Unless someone held a gun to your head, and made you post those texts? Were you under extreme duress at the time?

And, you didn't say "probably," I did, so your second sentence doesn't really make sense. If you misread what I was trying to say, it's that "'I don't have to do this' probably isn't the greatest opening line" when making an apology, in terms of endearing yourself to those whom you wish to offer an apology. I emphasized the "probably" in my statement, to inject a little levity into what is otherwise a serious matter. Obviously, it didn't work too well.

So... apology, to... deflection of the issue, trivializing and justifying what you did, along with a few unprofessional remarks sprinkled in for good measure?

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo..._340x234-1.jpg
    Its people and posts like this why I would rather shoot myself in the face than apologize to someone on the internet.

They were both wrong. At least Joe came on and said that he over reacted a bit. By posting those texts he also exposed himself to the wrong doings he was part of as well.
    Now you want him to apologize a certain way? How about you just let it go and STFU. LOL. $#@!ing soap opera bull$#@!. Ive seen woman be less caddy. Were MEN god damn it and this is a motor head, grease monkey, tune your car until it blows up community!! Not some $#@!ing betty crocker get together!! "Whaaaaa!! You didn't apologize to meet good enough" STFU!!! LOL

Ahhhh... that felt better. My estrogen levels were reaching there max.
    Last edited by propain; 10-23-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Its people and posts like this why I would rather shoot myself in the face than apologize to someone on the internet....
    Rather than risk a glancing, survivable, and disfiguring wound, do it right first time: Barrel in the roof of the mouth, point towards the back of the head, and pull trigger.

....How about you just let it go and STFU. LOL. $#@!ing soap opera bull$#@!. Ive seen woman be less caddy....
    If you mean 'catty', absolutely. This place reads like the National Enquirer of late. I like to put my smoking jacket on and light up my pipe every time I log on.

....Were MEN god damn it and this is a motor head,....
    Only partially true. There are plenty of people posting on the issue of tuning who have no clue what they are talking about. I don't post in technical tuning threads because I know my limitations. Unfortunately, other members don't do the same. Ignorance is one of the primary reasons for online 'spats'.

....grease monkey,....
    Again, only partially true: there are plenty of members who post here who clearly don't directly wrench on their cars. They let somebody else do that. Again, while there are exceptions, this is another reason for online 'spats'.

....tune your car until it blows up community!!....
    Profoundly false statement. Aside from a few members posting here, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's ultimate goal is to mod' their cars with 'failure' as their end result. They want to maximize performance; however, they have a fair idea of where the fine line is regarding peak performance and detriment to the motor. Hence, they eventually cease with mods until safer alternatives are available.

....Ahhhh... that felt better. My estrogen levels were reaching there max.
    Lulz! If the above is the case, you are one of the first female C63 owners on BenzBoost. Alternatively, you have severe pathophysiology occurring - you may want to get that checked out. How's that for 'cattiness'?
    Seriousness though, I know what you mean; however, it underscores my contention that people post here without knowing what the Dickens they are talking about.

[please don't negatively rep me: I will not be able to enter the Off-Topic NSFW subforum]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its people and posts like this why I would rather shoot myself in the face than apologize to someone on the internet.

They were both wrong. At least Joe came on and said that he over reacted a bit. By posting those texts he also exposed himself to the wrong doings he was part of as well.
    Now you want him to apologize a certain way? How about you just let it go and STFU. LOL. $#@!ing soap opera bull$#@!. Ive seen woman be less caddy. Were MEN god damn it and this is a motor head, grease monkey, tune your car until it blows up community!! Not some $#@!ing betty crocker get together!! "Whaaaaa!! You didn't apologize to meet good enough" STFU!!! LOL

Ahhhh... that felt better. My estrogen levels were reaching there max.
    Propain, we agree and see eye to eye on quite a few things, and disagree on some others. Yes, they were both wrong... but that's not the point here.

The point is, a user-base should take comfort and have confidence that the owners/admins/moderators of a forum are trustworthy, ethical, and professional - regardless of the forum's content. Vendors come and go, users come and go, but the owners/admins/moderators are typically pretty static. Once their integrity and professionalism is in doubt... well, the rest goes downhill pretty quick.

Maybe I don't fit in here well, and that's fine. Maybe there's a reason that many here who do have been permanently banned from lots of other forums, however. YMMV of course - to each his own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    Rather than risk a glancing, survivable, and disfiguring wound, do it right first time: Barrel in the roof of the mouth, point towards the back of the head, and pull trigger.

If you mean 'catty', absolutely. This place reads like the National Enquirer of late. I like to put my smoking jacket on and light up my pipe every time I log on.

Only partially true. There are plenty of people posting on the issue of tuning who have no clue what they are talking about. I don't post in technical tuning threads because I know my limitations. Unfortunately, other members don't do the same. Ignorance is one of the primary reasons for online 'spats'.

Again, only partially true: there are plenty of members who post here who clearly don't directly wrench on their cars. They let somebody else do that. Again, while there are exceptions, this is another reason for online 'spats'.

Profoundly false statement. Aside from a few members posting here, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's ultimate goal is to mod' their cars with 'failure' as their end result. They want to maximize performance; however, they have a fair idea of where the fine line is regarding peak performance and detriment to the motor. Hence, they eventually cease with mods until safer alternatives are available.

Lulz! If the above is the case, you are one of the first female C63 owners on BenzBoost. Alternatively, you have severe pathophysiology occurring - you may want to get that checked out. How's that for 'cattiness'?
    Seriousness though, I know what you mean; however, it underscores my contention that people post here without knowing what the Dickens they are talking about.

[please don't negatively rep me: I will not be able to enter the Off-Topic NSFW subforum]
    Thank you for taking the time to pick through my every word. Sadly I did not give you the same courtesy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Propain, we agree and see eye to eye on quite a few things, and disagree on some others. Yes, they were both wrong... but that's not the point here.

The point is, a user-base should take comfort and have confidence that the owners/admins/moderators of a forum are trustworthy, ethical, and professional - regardless of the forum's content. Vendors come and go, users come and go, but the owners/admins/moderators are typically pretty static. Once their integrity and professionalism is in doubt... well, the rest goes downhill pretty quick.

Maybe I don't fit in here well, and that's fine. Maybe there's a reason that many here who do have been permanently banned from lots of other forums, however. YMMV of course - to each his own.
    I know, I was laughing when I said it. That's why I put in the LOL. In this case I just felt you were being a bit nit-picky. You know I like you, but this forum has a bad habit of beating things to death that should just be let go. The rest was all exaggeration of course. Something mainah seems to not comprehend. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by propain; 10-23-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thank you for taking the time to pick through my every word....
    Believe me - I didn't even scrape the surface of picking through your entire post (that would be petty and an exercise in futility).
    I picked at a few salient issues because you are a poster-child for the ignorance I was referring to. Throwing in a cursory 'LOL' doesn't obscure your thought process.

....Sadly I did not give you the same courtesy.
    I wouldn't expect you to. That would require paying attention to detail and comprehensively addressing the minutia of a post. Your past record shows you to be incapable of such a task.

....Something mainah seems to not comprehend. Click here to enlarge
    On the contrary. I read your modus operandi loud and clear.
    Pretty please, neg rep me again: it reminds me of the Milgram experiment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Believe me - I didn't even scrape the surface of picking through your entire post (that would be petty and an exercise in futility).
    I picked at a few salient issues because you are a poster-child for the ignorance I was referring to. Throwing in a cursory 'LOL' doesn't obscure your thought process.

I wouldn't expect you to. That would require paying attention to detail and comprehensively addressing the minutia of a post. Your past record shows you to be incapable of such a task.

On the contrary. I read your modus operandi loud and clear.
    Pretty please, neg rep me again: it reminds me of the Milgram experiment.

You need to give the "ignorance" comments a rest buddy - I have yet to see Propain make one ignorant statement around here. You on the other hand take the opportunity to pick apart one of his posts correcting him about how to shoot himself, then correcting spelling only to be followed by corrections on comments he made that were CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek.
    So what exactly was the purpose of this as it has ZERO relevance in this thread ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    You need to give the "ignorance" comments a rest buddy - I have yet to see Propain make one ignorant statement around here. You on the other hand take the opportunity to pick apart one of his posts correcting him about how to shoot himself, then correcting spelling only to be followed by corrections on comments he made that were CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek.
    So what exactly was the purpose of this as it has ZERO relevance in this thread ?
    His original post was not clearly all 'tongue-in cheek'. c32AMG-DTM was addressing an issue that at least some of us agree with: Propain responded in a condescending manner.
    If you can't see the wry humor in at least half my post, then I'm afraid we can't argue the merits of each other's posts.

But.... to address your other points:

1. 'Ignorance' is not an offensive word. It's real, and it exists here. e.g. I am ignorant regarding the minutia of tuning (emphasis on 'minutia'). To pretend that the vast majority of members here aren't ignorant re: the same is wishful thinking.
    But more importantly: YOU are going to lecture me about the use of the word 'ignorance' given your history of colorful word 'usage'?? Surely you jest?

2. Whether you believe Propain hasn't made ignorant statements in the past is inconsequential. I believe he has. Coincidentally, I think it is admirable that you and Propain (whom you frequently berated in the past) are now sympathetic towards each other as of late.

3. Correcting him on how to shoot himself? You're joking, right? The best way is using carbon monoxide - not guns.

4. My posts have absolutely zero relevance to the original intent of the thread. That's how ALL threads conclude here. So what?

For the record - I think Sticky was very gracious in his apology. However, to start an open thread about it on a public forum implies that it be discussed and/or debated. Sticky could have just apologized and left the thread closed to comments. He didn't. As long as this thread remains open, it will be discussed, and c32AMG-DTM (and anyone else) is perfectly entitled to debate the issue sans derision from others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

His original post was not clearly all 'tongue-in cheek'. c32AMG-DTM was addressing an issue that at least some of us agree with: Propain responded in a condescending manner.
    If you can't see the wry humor in at least half my post, then I'm afraid we can't argue the merits of each other's posts.
    Most of what you "corrected" was. Thus your own ignorance not to mention the lowest of all forms of internet banter being your correction of spelling.

1. 'Ignorance' is not an offensive word. It's real, and it exists here. e.g. I am ignorant regarding the minutia of tuning (emphasis on 'minutia'). To pretend that the vast majority of members here aren't ignorant re: the same is wishful thinking.
    But more importantly: YOU are going to lecture me about the use of the word 'ignorance' given your history of colorful word 'usage'?? Surely you jest?
    Yes, I am. And what does my history of colorful word usage have to do with your own ineptitude ? Just call it like I see pal. You chose to go totally off topic as your introduction to the forum - don't be surprised if you get called out for acting like an ass. I can only assume since you know so much about my "history" here that you are someone hiding behind another username - or you read every post I've ever made here...doubt that.

Sticky - can we get an IP check on this troll ?

3. Correcting him on how to shoot himself? You're joking, right? The best way is using carbon monoxide - not guns.
    Perhaps you should do us all a favor and give it a try.

4. My posts have absolutely zero relevance to the original intent of the thread. That's how ALL threads conclude here. So what?

Great logic. All threads end up off topic, why should this one be any different ? What a childish way of thinking.

For the record - I think Sticky was very gracious in his apology. However, to start an open thread about it on a public forum implies that it be discussed and/or debated. Sticky could have just apologized and left the thread closed to comments. He didn't. As long as this thread remains open, it will be discussed, and c32AMG-DTM (and anyone else) is perfectly entitled to debate the issue sans derision from others.
    Yes, it's fine to debate THE ISSUE. But that's not what you're doing is it ?? Correcting spelling ? Get a life troll or get lost.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast