Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Understood, I don't find it humorous.. you of all people (out spokenness I'm refering to) I don't think you would laugh if someone published a text between you and someone else on a public forum? Maybe I'm wrong? And no I'm not a girl and over reacting just stating a few facts.. I've tried to keep my opinion out of this since it has zero effect on me

I make it a point of never sending text messages or emails that I wouldn't want displayed in public. But that's neither here nor there and only serves to take this thread further off topic.
    Sticky - pls feel free to edit and/or delete as you see fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm glad that you're finally taking accountability for your actions. It's not easy to man up and admit wrong sometimes, but I will quote my ex-wife (she did teach me at least one important thing). "You must think before you act, because you cannot take things back even if you apologize, the damage has already been done."

Also, I truly believe your apology is directed in the wrong direction. Just my opinion.
    The only thing I did wrong was go a bit too far. Let's not forget this all originated from the actions of someone else who played EVERYONE here.

I don't even think I had to apologize but I'm man enough to admit when I make a mistake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

You response was good in my opinion I didnt deserve to have a private message I sent to someone posted on your sight.. its troubling, imo you went to war with Andy which is ok in my book i don't agree with many of both tactics, but it really had nothing to do with me? For you to post that was in bad taste, as yomama said you can't apologize in my book, the damage is done... I don't really care as this is a hobby for me and its not all that important..
    I see what you are saying now. I didn't even realize you were in those at first and you could have just pm'd me to remove anything concerning you and I would have.

Keep in mind who it was that forwarded that to... well, now you know your messages got forwarded around by the person the in question without your knowledge which was not your intent it seems.

It is removed anyway so I wouldn't worry about it plus that situation was resolved a long time ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hate to be the bad guy here by not immediately saying "I accept your apology", but these actions were unacceptable. I remember back in the day when you basically begged me for Powerchip to sponsor this forum. Some time after that, I had a conversation with you in which I told you a few things that I didn't have to because it was privledged information. I specifically said to you that everything was said in confidence and you agreed. What did I see later that day? You posted that "Mike Benvo confirmed that ...... ". You apologized afterward and took it down, but that's besides the point. Instead of apologizing retroactively, think before you do something in the first place! This forum was supposed to be for the enthusiast (and in a sense was created due to the politics on bimmerpost), but instead it has become a place for you to air your dirty laundry. If you had not breached my trust in the past, I wouldn't have posted this. But your actions in this particular case jarred my memory about what happened. Think before you act, and be professional.

I can understand someone trying to protect their intellectual property, not that I am excusing Andy's actions with regard to the ECU epoxy. I have had files ripped off from me in the past, and you take it personally when you spend hours and hours of development in and someone just takes it from you.

Good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    Hate to be the bad guy here by not immediately saying "I accept your apology", but these actions were unacceptable. I remember back in the day when you basically begged me for Powerchip to sponsor this forum. Some time after that, I had a conversation with you in which I told you a few things that I didn't have to because it was privledged information. I specifically said to you that everything was said in confidence and you agreed. What did I see later that day? You posted that "Mike Benvo confirmed that ...... ". You apologized afterward and took it down, but that's besides the point. Instead of apologizing retroactively, think before you do something in the first place! This forum was supposed to be for the enthusiast (and in a sense was created due to the politics on bimmerpost), but instead it has become a place for you to air your dirty laundry. If you had not breached my trust in the past, I wouldn't have posted this. But your actions in this particular case jarred my memory about what happened. Think before you act, and be professional.

I can understand someone trying to protect their intellectual property, not that I am excusing Andy's actions with regard to the ECU epoxy. I have had files ripped off from me in the past, and you take it personally when you spend hours and hours of development in and someone just takes it from you.

Good luck.
    Benvo, get out of here with your crap. I hear you are reselling Powerchip tunes from your trunk these days.

Don't stick your nose in peoples business. Isn't this the same reason why you can't show your face at Gintani?

Begged for Powerchip to sponsor? Then why in the world did I throw them out? Powerchip? Who? We talk about tuners who are relevant today, not has-beens.

Also, you tried to bribe me. Forget about that? I believe your exact words were, "How much money do I have to give you until you can let me get around the PM rules?" Then you made some derogatory comments about Jews and money, remember? You just want to take shots because I didn't accept your bribe so you could enable PM's to sell tunes to people behind Wayne's back to make a quick buck. Get lost Benvo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Good post Sticky.... I think you already know my opinion on this.... and I'm glad you decided to make this post Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Good post Sticky.... I think you already know my opinion on this.... and I'm glad you decided to make this post Click here to enlarge
    I do and I just wish to move on positively and apologize to you as well Mo. You are a good natured person who maintains a level head all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No worries bro... do you remember when we used to talk over the phone (before you created this site) how we wanted a site that was member-oriented, fair, just, unbiased, uncensored, and most of all a fun place for car guys to exchange information and learn how to make their cars go faster? I think we've come very close with BenzBoost and it can only get better from here Click here to enlarge

Despite having agreed and disagreed with Andy on a few things in the past, I was still interested in having him tell his side of the story, so members can make their own judgment. So I apologize if I offended anyone in trying to make that happen (I know many of you negative rep'ed me for the my posts). Anyways, hopefully we all move past this incident and keep pushing forward.
    Last edited by Exeenom; 10-22-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad you stood up to your actions, Joe. Bravo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The only thing I did wrong was go a bit too far. Let's not forget this all originated from the actions of someone else who played EVERYONE here.

I don't even think I had to apologize but I'm man enough to admit when I make a mistake.
    You did go too far and I'm glad you are able to admit that, but what I'm saying is that in your actions, it wasn't the private conversations of any of us that you posted. It wasn't our confidence that you broke.

I really don't think I'm being bias and just stating the obvious.

If I robbed a liquor store, I wouldn't apologize to the patrons.

I'm not telling you what to do or even suggesting. I'm just conveying my thoughts, just as I always do on any forum I have ever posted on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

No worries bro... do you remember when we used to talk over the phone (before you created this site) how we wanted a site that was member-oriented, fair, just, unbiased, uncensored, and most of all a fun place for car guys to exchange information and learn how to make their cars go faster? I think we've come very close with BenzBoost and it can only get better from here
    We're close, we are very close. The problem is growth and it takes money to do that. The business aspect complicates things. I wish to one day form a forum with no money involved from anyone to be 100% impartial but that is obviously an impossibility at this stage. Unfortunately, running this takes money to just keep the lights on.

What we spoke about is what I have worked toward with I don't know how many hours. I do know a lot of hours have been invested to try to do what seemed like a dream at one point.

Despite having agreed and disagreed with Andy on a few things in the past, I was still interested in having him tell his side of the story, so members can make their own judgment. So I apologize if I offended anyone in trying to make that happen (I know many of you negative rep'ed me for the my posts). Anyways, hopefully we all move past this incident and keep pushing forward.
    In the end, most people positively receive you as your history shows. Everyone gets negged at some point, but your true colors show in you having more rep than post count which is rare so people ultimately respect you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
    Glad you stood up to your actions, Joe. Bravo.
    Thank you, I felt I needed to as I know what I ultimately stand for and why this was started and wish to remain true to my principles. I apologize for straying, I should be tougher on myself AND vendors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

You did go too far and I'm glad you are able to admit that, but what I'm saying is that in your actions, it wasn't the private conversations of any of us that you posted. It wasn't our confidence that you broke.

I really don't think I'm being bias and just stating the obvious.

If I robbed a liquor store, I wouldn't apologize to the patrons.

I'm not telling you what to do or even suggesting. I'm just conveying my thoughts, just as I always do on any forum I have ever posted on.
    I think you are walking a fine line but I get the impression you are only doing so because you are afraid I may out your personal info or something of that sort. I respect you, I tell others to respect you, please respect my decisions at times as well.

I think you don't know the whole situation. Something to add is that Andy was spiteful and tried to freeze my Paypal account, kind of lame. This after you saw I gave him complimentary BenzBoost sponsorship out of respect for his support of BimmerBoost. Why am I the bad guy again when I never forget when someone helps me? Fortunately, Paypal did not buy into his BS explanation and ruled in my favor. Not that I really even care about a few hundred bucks anyway, it was more the inconvenience that I did not deserve after being far too nice to him to begin with. Do you not see my side how I was biased toward him, not against him?

Your analogy doesn't add up based on the evidence presented.

I always appreciate your thoughts because I simply appreciate your participation and thought process. I can disagree with you knowing that doesn't mean anything personal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I think you are walking a fine line but I get the impression you are only doing so because you are afraid I may out your personal info or something of that sort. I respect you, I tell others to respect you, please respect my decisions at times as well.

I think you don't know the whole situation. Something to add is that Andy was spiteful and tried to freeze my Paypal account, kind of lame. This after you saw I gave him complimentary BenzBoost sponsorship out of respect for his support of BimmerBoost. Why am I the bad guy again when I never forget when someone helps me? Fortunately, Paypal did not buy into his BS explanation and ruled in my favor. Not that I really even care about a few hundred bucks anyway, it was more the inconvenience that I did not deserve after being far too nice to him to begin with. Do you not see my side how I was biased toward him, not against him?

I always appreciate your thoughts because I simply appreciate your participation and thought process. I can disagree with you with you knowing that doesn't mean anything personal.
    It's called sleep
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

It's called sleep
    I should get some?

Guess that is bad when the East Coast is telling the West Coast when to go to bed on a Friday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Good job Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

No worries bro... do you remember when we used to talk over the phone (before you created this site) how we wanted a site that was member-oriented, fair, just, unbiased, uncensored, and most of all a fun place for car guys to exchange information and learn how to make their cars go faster? I think we've come very close with BenzBoost and it can only get better from here Click here to enlarge

Mo, as usual, I think we all could learn from you and your level headed approach. It's great to have you around on these forums my friend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Good job Sticky.
    If I did a good job we wouldn't be here. I made some mistakes along the way but have done good enough.

Have to work smarter and harder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I am glad you are making a big step in the right direction Sticky, but try not to fall in the same pit again....
    Also, you tried to bribe me. Forget about that? I believe your exact words were, "How much money do I have to give you until you can let me get around the PM rules?" Then you made some derogatory comments about Jews and money, remember? You just want to take shots because I didn't accept your bribe so you could enable PM's to sell tunes to people behind Wayne's back to make a quick buck. Get lost Benvo

I think it is best to leave this whole episode behind us, sanse rancune.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I am glad you are making a big step in the right direction Sticky, but try not to fall in the same pit again....

I think it is best to leave this whole episode behind us, sanse rancune.
    Would be happy to do so and wish I could show you some stuff that would make your eyes pop but I'm actually going to leave it behind with that particular person.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Would be happy to do so and wish I could show you some stuff that would make your eyes pop.
    Let's not do that Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If I did a good job we wouldn't be here. I made some mistakes along the way but have done good enough.

Have to work smarter and harder.
    Albeit true Sticky, EVERYONE makes mistakes. It's what you do about your mistakes that makes the man, IMHO.

And of course we ALL can work smarter, just ask my wifeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I always appreciate your thoughts because I simply appreciate your participation and thought process. I can disagree with you knowing that doesn't mean anything personal.
    I meant no disrespect. Just conveying my opinion as is everyone else. It never occurred to me that you would out my personal info. If I was concerned about it, I wouldn't post at all.

After seeing the personal communications between you and Andy aired here, I am a little concerned that certain things about me haven't seen discussed in a similar manner. I think you understand my position though. I've exhausted my thoughts on the subject matter. Carry on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I meant no disrespect. Just conveying my opinion as is everyone else. It never occurred to me that you would out my personal info. If I was concerned about it, I wouldn't post at all.

After seeing the personal communications between you and Andy aired here, I am a little concerned that certain things about me haven't seen discussed in a similar manner. I think you understand my position though. I've exhausted my thoughts on the subject matter. Carry on.
    I know you didn't mean any, that is the thing. You have been so damn polite to me I don't understand it since we kind of had conflicting perspectives.

I think I have exhausted the topic as well but better to end on a positive, light note.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I know you didn't mean any, that is the thing. You have been so damn polite to me I don't understand it since we kind of had conflicting perspectives.I think I have exhausted the topic as well but better to end on a positive, light note.
    I wouldnt worry about him bro. His nickname and avatar clearly indicate what he is, a clown. You have nothing to apologise about. I think you updates were informative and warned alot of MB customer of what might have happened to thier ECUs. Thats why we must thank you. The fact that you were being modest and came out and apologised to some of the members, is something that you did not have to do as an admin, but since you did, that tells me that you ar a high class person.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast