Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

iPhone4 turns into SpiPhone

A research team at Georgia Tech has discovered how to use an iPhone to track what people are typing on a keyboard, using a smartphone accelerometer -- the internal device that detects when and how the phone is tilted -- to sense keyboard vibrations and decipher complete sentences with up to 80 percent accuracy. The procedure is not easy, they say, but is definitely possible with the latest generations of smartphones.

"We first tried our experiments with an iPhone 3GS, and the results were difficult to read," said Patrick Traynor, assistant professor in Georgia Tech's School of Computer Science. "But then we tried an iPhone 4, which has an added gyroscope to clean up the accelerometer noise, and the results were much better. We believe that most smartphones made in the past two years are sophisticated enough to launch this attack."

Source: www.sciencedaily.com
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is creepy, hope the Government doesn't get their hands on this technology. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    That is creepy, hope the Government doesn't get their hands on this technology. Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure they're already reading all of our SMS' and listening to our cell conversations thanks to the Patriot Act.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure they're already reading all of our SMS' and listening to our cell conversations thanks to the Patriot Act.
    I believe it. Films these days got me shaken in my boots!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not surprised.

They have all our texts and logs stored somewhere anyway. Probably all goes into a database they can quickly scan for certain keywords.