Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vendor Drama

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Lightbulb Vendor Drama

Dear Mercedes M156 enthusiasts, I am not a member of this forum, nor am I involved with any vendor. I own a 2010 C63. I visit this forum and other forums to get some info and updates to this great platform. I like reading reviews and comments from the members of this forum. My car is fully tuned and it is running like thunder. I have been in contact with many sponsors*through the forums and experienced good relations with them with successful transactions. I have alot of respect to forum members who participate in reviewing the aftermarket products for the M156. I feel obligated to share any experiences that I had or any thoughts that I feel that needs to be discussed in this forum. After all, we are the customers and we'd like to equip our cars with the best products possible for the best price. For the past several days I have watched heated discussion in this forum and*"mbworld.org" regarding some disloyal vendors and I thought I should share my thoughts.A thread was started*in one of the forums at Mbworld.orgby a member named "Tyson" bashing*Fluids Motor Union. He was claiming that they were responsible for blowing two pistons in his engine. FMU came in and started to try to make the user identify himself in order to help him. They denied the claims and started calling FMU C63 customers and make sure that their cars were running fine. Tyson still remained unknown while FMU were eager trying to find out who he is to help resolve his claimed problem. At the End, Mbworld members started to disbelieve Tyson and started to praise FMU and how professional they dealt with this matter. I find it Odd that a member out of nowhere came*to bash FMU. Whatís more odd, is that FMU, who donít post regularly on mbworld (I am a member at mbworld), responded almost immediately, in the same day to defend themselves. If you look at the post carefully, you'll find that Mike Marzano was making the posts. I find that really really strange. I actually met Mike in Chicago and he specifically told me he never logs on to mbworld. I think the thread was created by them. The truth is FMU donít know anything about the AMG 63 engine. They claim that they never had any failures with any of the customers that they worked with. Well, we all know who Keith Brantley is. Thatís right, the owner of the record fastest C63 in the quarter mile. Kieth contacted FMU to install their oil cooler. They claimed that it helped in dropping engine oil temps giving more power. Kieth installed it and took it to the track immediately. The result was that the oil coolerpopped and the car was leaking all over the track almost damaging the engine. If you tell FMU about it, they will lie to you and tell you that the oil cooler was in the testing phase and that they adviced Kieth not to purchase it before completing the testing on it. I'm thinking wow, is that how you claim to be professional and do business with your customers? When I visited them in Chicago, they claimed that they write the tuning files for the M156. I found out later that they are lying and that they get their files from another tuner. FMU charge alot of many for their claimed "longtube" headers. I personally saw one of their headers, and they werenít longtubes and the customer isnít happy about it. I think that alot of problems are going to arise for them from their customers, and they made this fony act to give them some credit and to get the running idea in forum members heads that "another FMU lying basher". Another vendor I want to talk about is Andy, from MHP. That guy is a different story. He is different from the other vendors. He has some high quality products and modded the fastest C63 in the USA. He has a good advertising agenda, probably the best, and tends to trick alot of customers. Andy is the best con artist that you will ever see. Recently, it was found out that he uses dangerous Epoxy on ECU's*without the knowledge of his customers. I have personally spoken to him on the phone. He never talks positive about other vendors. Instead he tries to give lies and discredit them for his personal gain. The truth is that he is a businessman and not a tuner. All of his products that you see on his website are not his creation and you can get them on your own. The combination of the products he gathered is with no doubt the best. He figured out what the best combination is for the C63 and is making a business out of it. The prices are amazingly expensive. If you did some research like I did, you will also find that out. Have you ever seen an MHP tuning warehouse? ...No, that because he doesnít have one. He lives in Ohio, and if you ask him that you want to visit his facility, he will give you some BS stories about him being busy with other customers and that he wonít be available. If youíre asking me if I am trying to discredit MHP or FMU for some bad reason. The answer is simple, NO. As a MB enthusiast, I like to disclose all the information that I know. I wish you all the best

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Paragraphs are your friend.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, the system wouldn't allow me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Great write up?? Thanks for your thoughts, its amazing how you hit the nail on the head with this post? What mods are done to your car?
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Dear Mercedes M156 enthusiasts, I am not a member of this forum, nor am I involved with any vendor. I own a 2010 C63. I visit this forum and other forums to get some info and updates to this great platform. I like reading reviews and comments from the members of this forum. My car is fully tuned and it is running like thunder. I have been in contact with many sponsors*through the forums and experienced good relations with them with successful transactions. I have alot of respect to forum members who participate in reviewing the aftermarket products for the M156. I feel obligated to share any experiences that I had or any thoughts that I feel that needs to be discussed in this forum. After all, we are the customers and we'd like to equip our cars with the best products possible for the best price. For the past several days I have watched heated discussion in this forum and*"mbworld.org" regarding some disloyal vendors and I thought I should share my thoughts.A thread was started*in one of the forums at Mbworld.orgby a member named "Tyson" bashing*Fluids Motor Union. He was claiming that they were responsible for blowing two pistons in his engine. FMU came in and started to try to make the user identify himself in order to help him. They denied the claims and started calling FMU C63 customers and make sure that their cars were running fine. Tyson still remained unknown while FMU were eager trying to find out who he is to help resolve his claimed problem. At the End, Mbworld members started to disbelieve Tyson and started to praise FMU and how professional they dealt with this matter. I find it Odd that a member out of nowhere came*to bash FMU. Whatís more odd, is that FMU, who donít post regularly on mbworld (I am a member at mbworld), responded almost immediately, in the same day to defend themselves. If you look at the post carefully, you'll find that Mike Marzano was making the posts. I find that really really strange. I actually met Mike in Chicago and he specifically told me he never logs on to mbworld. I think the thread was created by them. The truth is FMU donít know anything about the AMG 63 engine. They claim that they never had any failures with any of the customers that they worked with. Well, we all know who Keith Brantley is. Thatís right, the owner of the record fastest C63 in the quarter mile. Kieth contacted FMU to install their oil cooler. They claimed that it helped in dropping engine oil temps giving more power. Kieth installed it and took it to the track immediately. The result was that the oil coolerpopped and the car was leaking all over the track almost damaging the engine. If you tell FMU about it, they will lie to you and tell you that the oil cooler was in the testing phase and that they adviced Kieth not to purchase it before completing the testing on it. I'm thinking wow, is that how you claim to be professional and do business with your customers? When I visited them in Chicago, they claimed that they write the tuning files for the M156. I found out later that they are lying and that they get their files from another tuner. FMU charge alot of many for their claimed "longtube" headers. I personally saw one of their headers, and they werenít longtubes and the customer isnít happy about it. I think that alot of problems are going to arise for them from their customers, and they made this fony act to give them some credit and to get the running idea in forum members heads that "another FMU lying basher". Another vendor I want to talk about is Andy, from MHP. That guy is a different story. He is different from the other vendors. He has some high quality products and modded the fastest C63 in the USA. He has a good advertising agenda, probably the best, and tends to trick alot of customers. Andy is the best con artist that you will ever see. Recently, it was found out that he uses dangerous Epoxy on ECU's*without the knowledge of his customers. I have personally spoken to him on the phone. He never talks positive about other vendors. Instead he tries to give lies and discredit them for his personal gain. The truth is that he is a businessman and not a tuner. All of his products that you see on his website are not his creation and you can get them on your own. The combination of the products he gathered is with no doubt the best. He figured out what the best combination is for the C63 and is making a business out of it. The prices are amazingly expensive. If you did some research like I did, you will also find that out. Have you ever seen an MHP tuning warehouse? ...No, that because he doesnít have one. He lives in Ohio, and if you ask him that you want to visit his facility, he will give you some BS stories about him being busy with other customers and that he wonít be available. If youíre asking me if I am trying to discredit MHP or FMU for some bad reason. The answer is simple, NO. As a MB enthusiast, I like to disclose all the information that I know. I wish you all the best
    Your "research" concludes MHP has no facility, because you spoke to Andy on the phone once and at that time, he was too busy to show it to you?

I've never been to the MHP facility. I just wanted to make this contention, because it lacks logic. Has Andy explicitly told you he doesn't have a facility? If not, how do you know that he doesn't?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Great write up?? Thanks for your thoughts, its amazing how you hit the nail on the head with this post? What mods are done to your car?
    Engine:- Evotech ECU Tune- Caragraphics Headers- Racing Xpipe- Renntech airbox with pipercross filters- MCD lower Intake- CNC ported Heads- Evosport Power PulleyAero:- carbon fiber hood- ADV wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Engine:- Evotech ECU Tune- Caragraphics Headers- Racing Xpipe- Renntech airbox with pipercross filters- MCD lower Intake- CNC ported Heads- Evosport Power PulleyAero:- carbon fiber hood- ADV wheels
    Damn, some nice mods.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Your "research" concludes MHP has no facility, because you spoke to Andy on the phone once and at that time, he was too busy to show it to you?I've never been to the MHP facility. I just wanted to make this contention, because it lacks logic. Has Andy explicitly told you he doesn't have a facility? If not, how do you know that he doesn't?
    That's right, you've never been to an MHP facility, and you never will. It doesn't exist. How do I know this???. I attempted to visit such a place wanting to install the MHP LT"s on my car. After contacting MHP, I realised there wasn't such a place that existed. I've even spoken to some of his customers, and they have not seen such a place. You can't even find photos of his claimed facility, not even on his website, can you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You spent 4,000 on intake and think Andy's products are expencive? Idk I think you can get tune and headers for that price idk.. nice mods what are you running at the track
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    You spent 4,000 on intake and think Andy's products are expencive? Idk I think you can get tune and headers for that price idk.. nice mods what are you running at the track
    Actually it was around 4300 dollars and yes his headers and tune are expensive. Andys tune is runing for 1900 and his headers are for 3400 a total of 5000. If your wanting his racing Xpipe, that's going to be another 2000 totaling aroun 7000. His Ported Heads are for a freakin 4500. Eurotek offer exactley the same ported heads for a much better price. His tuning files are from a well established German company. If you contact them, you will be amazed at how much the tuning files cost. I have spoken to Pascal (person who andy is dealing with) and he offered me the tune for 800 Euros. That price was given to me and I am not a dealer. Now Imagine what price Andy gets. Why in the world does he charge an extra 1000 dollars for the race gas tune? I never took my car to track, I only race on the streets. I beat a 570 HP HKS tuned GTR last week in my C63. I've also raced other C63'S and I was able to beat them all. I was only beaten once by an MHP customer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually it was around 4300 dollars and yes his headers and tune are expensive. Andys tune is runing for 1900 and his headers are for 3400 a total of 5000. If your wanting his racing Xpipe, that's going to be another 2000 totaling aroun 7000. His Ported Heads are for a freakin 4500. Eurotek offer exactley the same ported heads for a much better price. His tuning files are from a well established German company. If you contact them, you will be amazed at how much the tuning files cost. I have spoken to Pascal (person who andy is dealing with) and he offered me the tune for 800 Euros. That price was given to me and I am not a dealer. Now Imagine what price Andy gets. Why in the world does he charge an extra 1000 dollars for the race gas tune? I never took my car to track, I only race on the streets. I beat a 570 HP HKS tuned GTR last week in my C63. I've also raced other C63'S and I was able to beat them all. I was only beaten once by an MHP customer.
    I believe MHP has said the race gas tune is a proprietary tune to MHP. So that would mean you could only get it through them or vendors that have their permission to sell it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    I believe MHP has said the race gas tune is a proprietary tune to MHP. So that would mean you could only get it through them or vendors that have their permission to sell it.
    Another trick my friend. Andy doesn't tune ECU's . He does not write any files on the ECU. In fact, he does not understand what the values are. Like I said, you can get the same tune from Pascal and even the race gas tune for the same price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another trick my friend. Andy doesn't tune ECU's . He does not write any files on the ECU. In fact, he does not understand what the values are. Like I said, you can get the same tune from Pascal and even the race gas tune for the same price.
    I only know what MHP has stated on this forum. However, what you say may be true.

But even if Andy doesn't personally perform the tuning, which he himself maintains to be the case (he resells), he can still have a proprietary interest in the race file. Those points [not tuning but still owning the file] are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

But, I understand your point that you have found the same file for sale by someone other than MHP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone break that novel up into chapters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's right, you've never been to an MHP facility, and you never will. It doesn't exist. How do I know this???. I attempted to visit such a place wanting to install the MHP LT"s on my car. After contacting MHP, I realised there wasn't such a place that existed. I've even spoken to some of his customers, and they have not seen such a place. You can't even find photos of his claimed facility, not even on his website, can you?
    The logic just doesn't make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    I only know what MHP has stated on this forum. However, what you say may be true.

But even if Andy doesn't personally perform the tuning, which he himself maintains to be the case (he resells), he can still have a proprietary interest in the race file. Those points [not tuning but still owning the file] are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

But, I understand your point that you have found the same file for sale by someone other than MHP.
    +1, straight trollin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have been to both FMU and MHP. The fact is: MHP has a workshop, i was able to find it and do you need a new gps?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

OP's logic: I have not seen it, therefore it does not exist.

Ask the wrong questions and you get the wrong answers. Here's pics to prove it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The levels people will stoop to in order to discredit someone wrongfully. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yomama could you at least spit if your gonna $#@! him?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Yomama could you at least spit if your gonna $#@! him?
    He asked me to post the pictures, since his "guest vendor" account won't allow him to. It's only fair. I would do it for anyone who is unfoundedly taking this kind of beating.

Like it or not, what's happened in the last couple weeks is anything but fair. Period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    He asked me to post the pictures, since his "guest vendor" account won't allow him to. It's only fair. I would do it for anyone who is unfoundedly taking this kind of beating.

Like it or not, what's happened in the last couple weeks is anything but fair. Period.
    Karma is a $#@!.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yomama, I never asked you to post fony pictures. The photos that you posted are not from an MHP warehose. One photo is showing an MHP sticker, while the other is showing a Harley Davidson sticker. The License plate of the yellow porsche is not from Ohio :-). You mentioned in a post above that you have never visited an MHP facility, and now you are coming up with pictures??? I dont fet it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    . The License plate of the yellow porsche is not from Ohio :-).
    Is it safe to say maybe the Porsche is not from Ohio? Its completely reasonable for someone that lives out of state drove to the shop in Ohio to have work done....happens all the time. Jrcart doesnt live in California yet he had a few shops there work on his car
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yomama, I never asked you to post fony pictures. The photos that you posted are not from an MHP warehose. One photo is showing an MHP sticker, while the other is showing a Harley Davidson sticker. The License plate of the yellow porsche is not from Ohio :-). You mentioned in a post above that you have never visited an MHP facility, and now you are coming up with pictures??? I dont fet it
    You don't get it because you don't read. Your eyes don't work well either. That's an MHP banner hanging from the wall. Cars have wheels, which allow them to drive from state to state or maybe you don't understand that concept either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Why do you continue on the way you are? You've made your points. Outside of your observations that you documented in your OP you're simply guessing now and it seems like you have an agenda. If you have solid information to support your contentions, great.

We all can read and make up our own minds, so thank you for all of the input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast