Close

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    How long is it supposed to take to dry clothes?

    Ok, I have had my dryer running since yesterday. It is a full load with towels and such but it still isn't dry. I mean, the dryer is brand new.

    Why is it taking so long? Could it be because the vent is clogged?

    Things were easier when a woman did this stuff for me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,440
    Rep Points
    2,622.0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    try yahoo answers. lol


    when the dishwasher or clothes dryer stop working,
    kick the $#@!!! haha

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    try yahoo answers. lol
    when the dishwasher or clothes dryer stop working,
    kick the $#@!!! haha
    I prefer BimmerBoost answers.

    I'll go slap the dryer, brb.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol, clothes dry yet?

    Check the humidity in the dryer...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yep, took 2 days, but everything got dry.

    I think the problem is the towels. I need to dry the towels separately.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Check the exhaust tube as well, the moisture has to go somewhere other than inside the dryer. Also, just because it isn't kinked doesn't mean it isn't clogged, go outside and verify airflow while it is running. I had the same problem and it ended up being a giant ball of lint clogged in the exhaust tube.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Check the exhaust tube as well, the moisture has to go somewhere other than inside the dryer. Also, just because it isn't kinked doesn't mean it isn't clogged, go outside and verify airflow while it is running. I had the same problem and it ended up being a giant ball of lint clogged in the exhaust tube.
    That may be it. The exhaust vent has a bunch of steam coming out it though when the dryer is running.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I could use some tips on ironing too if you guys have any. I walk around in wrinkled clothes all the time Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I could use some tips on ironing too if you guys have any. I walk around in wrinkled clothes all the time Click here to enlarge
    Haha last time I ironed something it ended up burning......

    Really though, just kinda do front, side, back, side and slide in the direction of the point of the iron, pushing all the creases flat. Make sure it is hot before you start of course, and don't let the iron rest on the material too long. (oops)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Haha last time I ironed something it ended up burning......

    Really though, just kinda do front, side, back, side and slide in the direction of the point of the iron, pushing all the creases flat. Make sure it is hot before you start of course, and don't let the iron rest on the material too long. (oops)
    It may be easier to just get married than learn how to iron.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It may be easier to just get married than learn how to iron.


    No $#@!, words of wisdom right there, that's where I went wrong......


    Hopefully the knowledge obtained from experiments using the Large Hadron Collider will lead to something that is actually useful, like wrinkle-free shirts.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Did you clean the lint filter?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Did you clean the lint filter?
    Dryer is brand new.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Dryer is brand new.
    Ummm, the lint filter on mine needs a cleaning after 2 loads...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Whales Vag
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Points
    1.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    get a wife

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,827
    Rep Points
    31,567.4
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Ummm, the lint filter on mine needs a cleaning after 2 loads...
    Oh $#@!... ok, I'll take a look.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    253
    Rep Points
    13.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I could use some tips on ironing too if you guys have any. I walk around in wrinkled clothes all the time Click here to enlarge
    do it section by section and in one "fluid" motion.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •