Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Things would have been different if you were a US citizen instead of Colombian... guess they don't like Colombians.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This make me wonder, do arabic people from the middle east in general go through the same sort of stuff when they travel to the United States or other countries now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xerox445 Click here to enlarge
    This make me wonder, do arabic people from the middle east in general go through the same sort of stuff when they travel to the United States or other countries now?
    They should be... but we aren't allowed to profile or whatnot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They should be... but we aren't allowed to profile or whatnot.
    I agree totally, and would hope they are taking care and the proper measures not just here, but everywhere to protect everyone!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You should be calling every single news station to get your mug out there and say how terribly you were treated in a Muslim country by Muslims. $#@! we'll never hear the end of that one time where some psycho Christian priest tried to burn the Koran in Florida from them. They deserve it, $#@! this being open $#@!, they will never extend that courtesy to us time to lock our $#@! up too.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More than anything I'm pissed at the way they handled it. I would have had no issue with getting whatever paper work BEFORE I flew 14 hours. After all every country has a right to demand what they want as far as immigration and unfortunately certain idiots in Colombia have earned us a reputation. This isn't the first time someone thinks I deal drugs or whatever, when I flew to Beijing for the olympics our tour guide asked me straight to my face if I was in a cartel. What pisses me off is that I did my visa application over a month before my trip and could have gotten letters easily if they'd asked but by the time I was there with my whole family it was too late. I don't want to bash the UAE and I certainly have no issue with Muslims but the immigrations officials in Dubai could certainly run a more organized process. For what it's worth my wife and parents were let right in as they have American passports so I'm sure they like Americans it's just that they watch too much tv I guess. What's funny is I've been in the US since I was 3yrs old but have been lazy to jump through the hoops required to become a citizen. Guess I better get to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow thats $#@!ed up dude. well atleast you are back in the U.S.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    What's funny is I've been in the US since I was 3yrs old but have been lazy to jump through the hoops required to become a citizen. Guess I better get to it.
    Then you definitely share some responsibility in this. Not justifying what they did, just pointing out it could have been avoided by action on your part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12