Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

SUPERCHARGED C63s ?

just like the title says.......how many Weistec C63s are here in the U.S. ? i'm talking about regular customer cars ( not some sponsored car or fully built car ) ? just wondering how many people have actually purchased this thing without having a built engine or stage 100 upgrade . i'm talking stage 1 or 1.5 with minor bolt-ons ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My bet is not many my friend.

You are assuming that the ones that did, come to baords like these. Many people that actually do stuff like that, keep to themselves.

I hope I am wrong, but I can only think of two.

Neat ideaClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

i personally don't care if they belong to any boards or even know what the internet is all about . just kind of curious how many actually exist ? maybe Weistec could chime in and tell me how many are here in the U.S. ? i'm not asking for names just a number ? pretty sure this is my next step but just curious how many others have done it ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    just like the title says.......how many Weistec C63s are here in the U.S. ? i'm talking about regular customer cars ( not some sponsored car or fully built car ) ? just wondering how many people have actually purchased this thing without having a built engine or stage 100 upgrade . i'm talking stage 1 or 1.5 with minor bolt-ons ?
    The Weistec supercharger probably works a lot better for the CLK63 Black Series than it does for the C63 because of the additional oil cooler, tranny cooler, diff cooler, etc... which the C63 does not have. Weistec has already sold a few superchargers to owners of both platforms though, but I'm guessing the C63 folks with the supercharger tend not to over-do the whole mod thing in order to keep the engine and drivetrain within reasonable reliability limits while the CLK63 BS guys are able to push their cars further and further beyond the regular upgrades.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There are quite a few C63's with our supercharger system in the US and around the world. We would be happy to answer and questions there may be regarding the supercharger system. As one of the members stated, there is great market presence on the various Mercedes forums, but there are many customers who do not post on the forums.

We are also confident the C63 can perform as well as a CLK Black Series at the strip, and we are sure it will happen in time. Thanks guys.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just want to add and hope I am not overstepping my boundaries that Steve at Weistec has a C63 and I have heard it performs just as well as the CLK63's. So although the CLK63 may have some cooling changes for the road course to help it continue to lap I do not see the C63 not being as capable power wise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just want to add and hope I am not overstepping my boundaries that Steve at Weistec has a C63 and I have heard it performs just as well as the CLK63's. So although the CLK63 may have some cooling changes for the road course to help it continue to lap I do not see the C63 not being as capable power wise.
    Agreed. That's why I think for the drag strip the C63 will be able to hold up well when compared to the BS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

IMO the C63 is a better chassis and platform for drag racing and I think a C63 taken to the level of mine or Earls car would be able to beat us if lined up side by side, but that's just my opinion. My opinion is based on average drag strip results of header and tune Black Series vs header and tune C63's that I have seen over the year. BTW, I am not aware of any sponsorship deals that Weistec is doing, I'm gonna have to check into that maybe.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    IMO the C63 is a better chassis and platform for drag racing and I think a C63 taken to the level of mine or Earls car would be able to beat us if lined up side by side, but that's just my opinion. My opinion is based on average drag strip results of header and tune Black Series vs header and tune C63's that I have seen over the year. BTW, I am not aware of any sponsorship deals that Weistec is doing, I'm gonna have to check into that maybe.
    Does the stock BS have a stiffer suspension than the stock C63? If so, is that why you think the C63 has the better chassis for drag racing?

I think I remember reading you guys saying at one point that the BS has shorter gearing, no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Joseph,

That is correct. The C63 is a great car that is honestly very quick. Our main intention with the "shop" C63 is to certify our products, and make sure the customer always has the best parts for their car. Not really to race it (although we do sometimes for the fun of it). As Jim stated, in many cases the C63 might be a better chassis for drag racing. The stiff KW suspension that comes factory on the CLK BS is not intended for hard launches, although this can easily be fixed. One advantage the CLK may have is less weight but its very diminutive. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Sonny, yes, the BS suspension is not just a little stiffer, its tons stiffer. I purchased an extra set of stock rear BS shocks and had them revalved to be softer and slower rebound but a stock BS is not even close to a C63 in terms of stifness.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sonny, yes, the BS suspension is not just a little stiffer, its tons stiffer. I purchased an extra set of stock rear BS shocks and had them revalved to be softer and slower rebound but a stock BS is not even close to a C63 in terms of stifness.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i personally don't care if they belong to any boards or even know what the internet is all about . just kind of curious how many actually exist ? maybe Weistec could chime in and tell me how many are here in the U.S. ? i'm not asking for names just a number ? pretty sure this is my next step but just curious how many others have done it ?
    I'd be curious as well, but shops seem shy about sharing that sort of info. You only get vague answers like "many" and "all around the world" - as seen already in this thread. And, not bashing Weistec with that comment - they appear to make great products, which are thoroughly tested. This "won't answer the number question" trait isn't exclusive to them either - a lot of others do the same thing.

My hunch is that because it's a limited market and a niche, expensive/intensive modification that's still relatively new, they don't want to post the actual number because, if it's low, it might scare away potential customers who would've signed up otherwise. Hypothetically, let's say four C63's in the U.S. are customer-cars of Weistec and are running their S/C kit. If a dozen people are ready to pull the trigger on this, but Weistec posts "we have four kits on C63s in the U.S. at present" - then a bunch of those people might think "okay, I'll wait until more customers try 'em out before I plunk down the cash on one myself." And it becomes a cycle - everyone waits for more feedback from U.S. C63 customers, leading to stagnant U.S. C63 S/C kit sales, leading to more waiting, etc. So, until the number itself is impressive (admittedly subjective), it's in the shop's best interest to remain vague when answering your question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    I'd be curious as well, but shops seem shy about sharing that sort of info. You only get vague answers like "many" and "all around the world" - as seen already in this thread. And, not bashing Weistec with that comment - they appear to make great products, which are thoroughly tested. This "won't answer the number question" trait isn't exclusive to them either - a lot of others do the same thing.

My hunch is that because it's a limited market and a niche, expensive/intensive modification that's still relatively new, they don't want to post the actual number because, if it's low, it might scare away potential customers who would've signed up otherwise. Hypothetically, let's say four C63's in the U.S. are customer-cars of Weistec and are running their S/C kit. If a dozen people are ready to pull the trigger on this, but Weistec posts "we have four kits on C63s in the U.S. at present" - then a bunch of those people might think "okay, I'll wait until more customers try 'em out before I plunk down the cash on one myself." And it becomes a cycle - everyone waits for more feedback from U.S. C63 customers, leading to stagnant U.S. C63 S/C kit sales, leading to more waiting, etc. So, until the number itself is impressive (admittedly subjective), it's in the shop's best interest to remain vague when answering your question.
    My suggestion is to call Wesitec and speak with Steve or Mike or one of their guys. I deal with Steve and Mike myself and I can tell you that they don't have anything to hide, they don't spend a ton of time on these boards and they are not into chest pounding, I would suspect that's why they gave you what appears to be a vague answer. Give Steve a call and you will be put at ease and he will answer any question you want. They have a suprisingly conservative approach to tuning which is rare for tuners, most tuners will make a bold claim as to HP figures and then not achieve the claimed numbers, Weistec has always quoted me a conservative number then surpassed it. The system is reliable, obviously mine is an extreme version and even it is totally reliable,. I have had it at the drag strip probably 10 times since April, racked up over 1000 city and highway miles and had no issues. It has proven so reliable that I am asking them to push it even further. If I have not broken anything yet you probably won't either. Wesitec is a great tuner with a great product...and I am not sponsored by them or paid by them to vouvh for there stuff, I am a vocal person, if it was garbage or a questionable product I would be vocal about it. There's a guy on MB World namened Maverick from Australia and he liked his first Weistec blower on his BS so much he bought a second one for his ML63, I think that's says it all.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

....one more thing, they have more than 4 of these roaming the streets of the US LOL, lots more, just go on You Tube and Google and search Weistec. Read what Indy Car racer Graham Rahal had to say about his Wesitec SC and his experience with Wesitec on 6SpeedOnline and MB World, if you can impress a guy that races an Indy Car you must be doing something right.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We just need to see the ACG Wide Bodied Weistec blown C63 in action when it is done for SEMA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
    We just need to see the ACG Wide Bodied Weistec blown C63 in action when it is done for SEMA.
    that's notthing compared to the Weistec equiped CLK Black Series being built by Fluid Motor Union for the SEMA show...$#@!ING SICK!!!! Makes mine look tame. Their shop is 3 miles from my house and visited them last Friday and took a look at their beast, all I can say is WOW
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

....one more thing, they have more than 4 of these roaming the streets of the US LOL, lots more, just go on You Tube and Google and search Weistec. Read what Indy Car racer Graham Rahal had to say about his Wesitec SC and his experience with Wesitec on 6SpeedOnline and MB World, if you can impress a guy that races an Indy Car you must be doing something right.
    You saw the OP's post, and mine that echoed his, about how many C63's in the United States are currently running Weistec S/C's, right? The only U.S.-based C63 I've seen on YouTube was their shop car, not a customer car (admittedly, I haven't looked in awhile - I'll go check again in a minute).

I guess my point was this: Weistec took the time to reply with rather informative posts in this thread, twice (posts 5 and 10). And yet, while informative and useful, they avoided answering the extremely simple, specific question asked by the OP. A question I would guess they'd know in an instant, or at least have at their fingertips. I posted my hunch on why that is... and, assuming I'm right, I don't blame them one bit - it's a good business strategy with a relatively new product launch. Put it this way: if there were 300 U.S.-based C63's with Weistec S/C kits running wild already... I'd bet the number would've been posted. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

There's a guy on MB World namened Maverick from Australia and he liked his first Weistec blower on his BS so much he bought a second one for his ML63, I think that's says it all.
    Pretty sure that guy is here as well and he is considering it for additional 63 AMG's he has as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This is just my opinion, but I'm not sure if the extra cooling stuff would help only on the road course.... In a drag setup, I think it would help a little in maintaining consistent power levels and would help a LOT in system reliability. Even in naturally aspirated form, doing a decent burnout using a very sticky tire before each run would probably heat up the tranny, diff, and engine oil quite fast - especially after making a few back-to-back passes; such a scenario may lead to those parts wearing out much faster as compared to wear on cars without those cooling mods. Now add to that type of stress a ton more power and torque (from the supercharger) and the effects would be even greater and the damage possibly faster - not to mention the possibility of slight power reduction by the ECU or maybe "limp mode" by the TCU in order to save the system from damage. This would not happen right away of course, but over the course of time when comparing two cars with an identical set of mods, but one with cooling mods and the other without.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    You saw the OP's post, and mine that echoed his, about how many C63's in the United States are currently running Weistec S/C's, right? The only U.S.-based C63 I've seen on YouTube was their shop car, not a customer car (admittedly, I haven't looked in awhile - I'll go check again in a minute).

I guess my point was this: Weistec took the time to reply with rather informative posts in this thread, twice (posts 5 and 10). And yet, while informative and useful, they avoided answering the extremely simple, specific question asked by the OP. A question I would guess they'd know in an instant, or at least have at their fingertips. I posted my hunch on why that is... and, assuming I'm right, I don't blame them one bit - it's a good business strategy with a relatively new product launch. Put it this way: if there were 300 U.S.-based C63's with Weistec S/C kits running wild already... I'd bet the number would've been posted. Click here to enlarge
    no, if there were 300 the number wouldn't be posted, like I said Steve is conservative and plays it close to the vest. He respects customers privacy and doesn't brag online about everybody that runs his product like another tuner that frequents this board. Give him a call, he will answer anything you want to know.

Also, did you read the thread about them inking a deal with Kleeman? That's a pretty big deal IMO and didn't happen by mistake.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    In a drag setup, I think it would help a little in maintaining consistent power levels and would help a LOT in system reliability.
    They already have a sizeable water/air setup designed to do exactly that. The cooling system on the BS was never designed with a positive displacement supercharger in mind anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

no, if there were 300 the number wouldn't be posted, like I said Steve is conservative and plays it close to the vest. He respects customers privacy and doesn't brag online about everybody that runs his product like another tuner that frequents this board. Give him a call, he will answer anything you want to know.

Also, did you read the thread about them inking a deal with Kleeman? That's a pretty big deal IMO and didn't happen by mistake.
    Yes, I am aware of the Kleemann deal. And it is a big deal - Kleemann has been a force in supercharging N/A MB's for years... signing up to carry Weistec's kit (instead of doing a proprietary one) is certainly a ringing endorsement of the product, and a great partnership that should drive additional sales for Weistec.

You miss my point, however, and keep taking the conversation off-topic. This isn't about Weistec's quality. Undoubtedly, it's good. It isn't about them being conservative with tuning (or anything else). It isn't about CLK63's they've built here, or any 63's they've built or sold an S/C kit for elsewhere. It isn't about what famous racers might own the kit (unless, it's on a C63, and in the U.S.) It's about answering (or in this case, avoiding) a simple, specific question.

I don't buy your assertion that, when directly asked by a potential customer (the OP), Weistec didn't answer how many U.S. C63s are running their kit because it would in some way be a violation of their existing customers' privacy. Do you honestly think that? It's not like anyone asked for names/addresses/DOBs/SSNs/credit card info. Click here to enlarge

Hey, I get that you're happy with your kit, and the professionalism you've experienced from Weistec. That's cool - I'm glad it's been a good experience for you. From what I gather, everyone (universally, as best I can tell) has great things to say about Weistec. In no way am I trying to undermine or badmouth them. I was just making an observation that the OP was very clear in his question and Weistec, in taking the time to reply, was very vague in their answer to it. I suppose only they know the true, current answer, and why they choose not to share it. No biggie.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    guys.....i have already spoken to Maverick many times about his Weistec , and yes he has 1 on his BS and 1 on his C63 . he spoke very highly about the kit . i was hoping to get some real world experiences from some regular customers in the U.S. i wasn't looking for any personal info from anyone . i can promise that this kit is next on my list of things to do ( along with rear fender flares and wider rear wheels and tires ) . i know that people all over the world have purchased this kit . i was just hoping to hear from somebody here in the states that doesn't have Sema in mind . no offense to Weistec , but i don't want to hear from someone that works there , that has the kit , cuz you know they will talk highly about it no matter what happens .

i'm not trying to make some wild debate or stir things up . i was just curious .

Sticky can close or delete this thread if he wants Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

guys.....i have already spoken to Maverick many times about his Weistec , and yes he has 1 on his BS and 1 on his C63 . he spoke very highly about the kit . i was hoping to get some real world experiences from some regular customers in the U.S. i wasn't looking for any personal info from anyone . i can promise that this kit is next on my list of things to do ( along with rear fender flares and wider rear wheels and tires ) . i know that people all over the world have purchased this kit . i was just hoping to hear from somebody here in the states that doesn't have Sema in mind . no offense to Weistec , but i don't want to hear from someone that works there , that has the kit , cuz you know they will talk highly about it no matter what happens .

i'm not trying to make some wild debate or stir things up . i was just curious .

Sticky can close or delete this thread if he wants Click here to enlarge
    What does it matter if the person you hear from is US based ?? I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for exactly...There are tons of reviews about this blower setup - granted not too many from C63 owners but you've spoken to Maverick, I can't imagine that a C63 in the US is going to be any different at all besides where the steering wheel is.
    So here, I'll help you out - A C63 with the Weistec blower will be totally daily driveable and stupid fast with no reliability issues whatsoever.
    How's that ? Click here to enlarge

EDIT -
    And you will also not be able to get traction in 1st or 2nd gear at all and be shredding tires left and right...
    Last edited by LZH; 10-11-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast