Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Been to MIR once a couple years ago. I was planning on attending last weeks event however I had emergency spinal surgery last Monday, I would have had to hit the road on Thursday and driving for 15 hours did not sound like much fun 3 days after surgery. I did muster up enough strength to hit the track on Saturday. I am going to try hard to hit the Nov 18th MIR event.
    Sounds good, may have to make the trip down from Jersey to see this thing run.Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I am planning on hitting Byron this Saturday with the new hood installed. Forecast is nearly 20 degress cooler than last Saturday when I went 10.6 So I am actually hoping to go sub 10.50 before heading out to Vegas. The car is pretty much going to be loaded up on the trailer after running at Byron this Saturday then driven straight to Weistec to get some new goodies then loaded up on the trailer again Thursday morning and hauled out to Vegas. I doubt the air in vegas will be anywhere near the quality that is forecast this weekend at Byron so I don't anticipate any of us touch my times from this coming Saturday should I get off a couple clean passes...but you never know.
    Good luck with the runs.
    Are you planning to exhaust all Stage 2 power options? Is a built motor in the pipeline or do you feel its overkill performance or money wise?
    Regardless, thanks for paving the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Good luck with the runs.
    Are you planning to exhaust all Stage 2 power options? Is a built motor in the pipeline or do you feel its overkill performance or money wise?
    Regardless, thanks for paving the way.
    I think Earl and I's cars are both well beyond stage 2 mods. At this time I have no plans on going into the motor any deeper, I already am running the Weistec ported heads. If I break something in the motor then I will build the motor. As far as overkill, I don't believe in that word, however we are reaching power output levels that are completely useless on public roads. As for the money, that's a non issue for me, I have dumped $300k into this car including the cost of the car, so what's a few more grand at this point? I'm gunning for the overall record and won't be happy til I own it. On a side note I was at the dealer yesterday inquiring about a new C63 Black Series, looks like there might be a new toy in the garage very soon.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I think Earl and I's cars are both well beyond stage 2 mods. At this time I have no plans on going into the motor any deeper, I already am running the Weistec ported heads. If I break something in the motor then I will build the motor. As far as overkill, I don't believe in that word, however we are reaching power output levels that are completely useless on public roads. As for the money, that's a non issue for me, I have dumped $300k into this car including the cost of the car, so what's a few more grand at this point? I'm gunning for the overall record and won't be happy til I own it. On a side note I was at the dealer yesterday inquiring about a new C63 Black Series, looks like there might be a new toy in the garage very soon.
    The C63 Black Series will be an absolutely amazing car: perfect balance of power, handling, and styling. I can't wait to see what you do with it once you get one in your hands, I'm sure it'll be EPIC. Any chance you can talk Weistec into developing a twin turbo system for it? Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

On a side note I was at the dealer yesterday inquiring about a new C63 Black Series, looks like there might be a new toy in the garage very soon.
    Don't you feel that is too similar to what you already have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't you feel that is too similar to what you already have?
    No, I love my CLK and its the most durable and dependable car I have ever owned. Besides there's another reason I want a similar car. I am going to give one to each of my sons when they are old enough and mature enough to handle the power, they are 5 and 3 years old now so we are talking some years down the road still. Furthermore this will alolow me to keep one set up for drag racing and one for road racing rather than going back and forth. I'm probably going to look for a F458 in a year or two when they become easier to come by, love that car too.

Evrything is in motion, met with dealer today, can't officially order the car yet but it should be on the MB Star system in a week or so. Trying to pull some string and get a one off one produced in Alubeam silver paint.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

No, I love my CLK and its the most durable and dependable car I have ever owned. Besides there's another reason I want a similar car. I am going to give one to each of my sons when they are old enough and mature enough to handle the power, they are 5 and 3 years old now so we are talking some years down the road still. Furthermore this will alolow me to keep one set up for drag racing and one for road racing rather than going back and forth. I'm probably going to look for a F458 in a year or two when they become easier to come by, love that car too.

Evrything is in motion, met with dealer today, can't officially order the car yet but it should be on the MB Star system in a week or so. Trying to pull some string and get a one off one produced in Alubeam silver paint.
    Jim,
    So I would assume since you have so much road course equipment for the CLK it's going to be your dedicated track car and the C63 is gonna be transformed into a 1/4 mile car ? I would think with the MCT in the C63 BS it would be a better track car, no ? I guess you have the line locks in the CLK and full drag setup it might make sense to turn that into the 1/4 mile car...if that's the case, let me know what road course equipment you are taking off it and I'll take it off your hands Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Jim,
    So I would assume since you have so much road course equipment for the CLK it's going to be your dedicated track car and the C63 is gonna be transformed into a 1/4 mile car ? I would think with the MCT in the C63 BS it would be a better track car, no ? I guess you have the line locks in the CLK and full drag setup it might make sense to turn that into the 1/4 mile car...if that's the case, let me know what road course equipment you are taking off it and I'll take it off your hands Click here to enlarge
    No, the C63 BS will most likely be the road course car. I have just as much drag race stuff for the CLK as I do road race stuff. I have dedicated drag springs, shocks, two complete sets of front and rear drag wheels and tires, DRs and slicks. I am going to do a Weistec on the new one but it will be much more tame, heads and maybe a 10 psi boost system and LTs roll bar seats etc.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

No, the C63 BS will most likely be the road course car. I have just as much drag race stuff for the CLK as I do road race stuff. I have dedicated drag springs, shocks, two complete sets of front and rear drag wheels and tires, DRs and slicks. I am going to do a Weistec on the new one but it will be much more tame, heads and maybe a 10 psi boost system and LTs roll bar seats etc.
    WORD

Get the perf studio to do everything but the blower. It will be sick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Added this run to the 1/4 mile list. Sorry for the delay, just been incredibly busy with the sites.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345