Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To bring it back to priorities on the abstract level:

My default stance on all of this - the one i see as "self evident" - is grounded in the notion that people are avaricious by nature, and groups with unchallengeable power are definitively monsters regardless of espoused ideology, simply by virtue of forcibly claiming the right to hold the leash. It's an affront to the personal dignity that is so critical to human identity and without which we become psychotic and hyper-volatile, like cornered rats. The thing revolutionaries die for, and terrorists kill for. It's always what it comes down to, in the end. Hubris creates Nemesis.

Empire can offer material benefits like social "stability" and the ability to plan ahead that comes with it, but look at what we have now with our "go $#@! yourselves" federal and global institutions just plundering away to keep their own situation stable and their power cemented, claiming more and more control over and access to our most personal affairs, and t's all posed as for our own good as to punish any member of the status quo or even simply allow them to suffer the rightful consequence of their actions would be "destabilising" as their hooks are sunk in too deep so we just have to lie down and take it like $#@!es and keep forking over the tribute.

At this point their battle cry to the global public seems to be, "face it, we gotcha, now swallow your pride, lose gracefully and take your place as subjects in our global order".

it's humiliating. It's why people worldwide are freaking out - not because some are super-wealthy but because the game is rigged.

There is some theoretical sense to centralised power based on the division of labour, but it leaves out the critical human element that is bent to tyranny if not constrained, and we love Ron Paul because he embodies that humble restraint that we prize in our representatives, our lost ideal of accountability and fair play. We *love* winners, we just hate *cheaters* and are hyper-vigiliant about structural moral hazards that enable them to operate, preferring the risk of calamity to the risk of tyranny. It's a matter of priorities and we hew to personal autonomy and localism over the paternalism inherent in centralised power due to both personal preference and the risks inherent in the latter which are currently on display worldwide.

And i pose that this risk is baked into our species, that there are no "exceptions" to the corruption of power, that its goal is always to increase no matter what ideology drives it and that the popular goal - worldwide - should be to check it from doing so and to be sober about the implications of the carrot of "security" and "stability" that it inevitably dangles.

So i'm always against anyone who tries to rule the world, be they a Solomon or an Attila; benevolent Rothschild Zionists(tm) wanting to hijack the global money supply for their Fabian utopia or crazy sheiks wanting to form a global Caliphate and take away my bacon sammies; always for decentralisation as an ideal and anti-pyramidal-authority on principle.

The assumption here, embodied in this old saying i just made up, is: "There's No Such Thing as a Good Shepherd".. and if you think there is, remember who the shepherd works for: the owner of the clippy-stabby place!

So anytime you see a politician waving a staff, remember: clip clip chop chop!
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maybe I'm wrong, but Ron Paul strikes me as an 'Anti-Federalist' to coin a term from our history... It's funny, but they worried in the late 18th century that the "New Government would fall under the sway of merchants, creditors and others hostile to the interest's of ordinary Americans." Of course none of that came to pass (sarcasm) Click here to enlarge right?

Funny how we fail as a people to learn from our history. Funny how we ignore the facts staring us in the face, and continue to believe that the current government has our best interests at heart...

It really IRKS me when I see a bumper sticker by an ignorant American that states: "MY son (or daughter) is fighting for OUR freedom in Iraq/Afghanistan...
    WTF, what does a war over there have to do with OUR freedom here in the states? NOTHING...

I guess it's good that the Pres. is getting our troops out of Iraq ten years later... (although he's just following through on what Bush started before he left in 07/08), but he'll claim credit for it during election time, that I'm sure of...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Paul is pro-federalism.. ironically the "Federalist Society" are against federalism, and the pro-federalists had to call themselves "anti federalists" in juxtaposition. Early Orwellian, heh..

And yep history seems doomed to continually repeat for some reason. Some kinda evolutionary thing. We just crave to "believe". It's painful to watch. Ya wanna do something but you know it would require a veritable shifting of mass consciousness, pretty tall order given how far things have progressed. If this was a movie i'd fast forward to the part where the elites are cleansing the surface and hitting the bunkers and stuff Click here to enlarge.
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123