Close

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure you exchange emails with them weekly as well. JimRich, stop posting.
    Oh, and you do huh
    Dream on, it doesn't look like you ever come back to us, so sad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
    Oh, and you do huh
    Dream on, it doesn't look like you ever come back to us, so sad.
    Until the board decides to take control of the trolls and remove the libel posted earlier we will no longer be posting on this forum.

Enjoy the JimRich show, I can't stand the nausea anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see how this changes the fact the SLS cams did not work in his application yet so there is no reason to single any one person or company out because there are multiple examples of difficulties with cams.
    I just assumed that Andy / MHP / attempted to design their cam to make it work / improve the 63 engine like in the C63, you know to make more power. I thought that is his business. So those cams he came up with, that were supposed to make like this enormous amount of more power (i heard rumors of as much as 60 HP!!) and everybody was waiting for don't seem to work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is quite the thread. for a bunch of someone what successful people, the comments here go beyond stupidity. Can you guys please look at yourself...this is fuking bench racing...nothing more. I mean does anyone really care what the initials stand for? Talk about a pissing contest between the smallest dicks.

Anyways I have more critical decisions to make ....what colour lawn chairs to get for my trailer and whether to set the pool timer to start at 7:00am or 7:03am and can't be bothered to look at this thread anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Until the board decides to take control of the trolls and remove the libel posted earlier we will no longer be posting on this forum.

And with "me" you mean Andy and Jbond?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure you exchange emails with them weekly as well. JimRich, stop posting.
    Andy, I swear on my sons eyes that neither Rich or I ar AMG4V. I. Am sitting here with Rich getting ready to watch the Bears game so I know its not him either. Ipromised you I would not post in your threads and I have kept my word and will continue to do so. I am exiting this thread again just wanted to tell you its not me.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And with "me" you mean Andy and Jbond?
    who cares?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL, so what do the miniscule differences in duration of m156 vs m159 cams have to do with whether or not you're running a single or dual stage intake manifold?

A: Nothing.

The problem with running SLS cams in a M156 just as with our cams is the increased duration NOT the intake manifold. For the sake of the forum and it's content please stop posting your BS.

Thanks
    So, in your opinion the m156 engine is not running propperly with any increase in duration of the camshaft??
    Try to run that by a real engine designer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Actually they do work perfectly mechanically speaking, they are just too large to accomodate (for us anyway) so we asked for help with the software end. Where it leads time will tell but the more you post the more clear to me it is that you are JimRich.

All good things to those who wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Acuk0tKsE
    Love that sound. Thanks for posting that.

I'm sure it's been frustrating having to encounter these obstacles with the cam development. If you guys ever end up getting the cams to work out well, and I decide to keep my car for a long time, I would love to install more aggressive sticks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, in your opinion the m156 engine is not running propperly with any increase in duration of the camshaft??
    Try to run that by a real engine designer.
    That hardware change would require a corresponding change to the VVT maps in the ECU to run properly, no? Unless those maps are self-correcting?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Andy, I swear on my sons eyes that neither Rich or I ar AMG4V. I. Am sitting here with Rich getting ready to watch the Bears game so I know its not him either. Ipromised you I would not post in your threads and I have kept my word and will continue to do so. I am exiting this thread again just wanted to tell you its not me.
    You are not AMG4V...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Andy, sometimes you have to lie in the bed you make.

The posts you requested be removed I hid. I don't like doing it, please don't ask me to do it again. Vendors are protected under the guidelines to an extent but we value users free speech above all (including vendor fees).

You enjoy the free speech here but when it doesn't work in your favor you don't like it. You are a big boy Andy and can handle your own business. I do my best to stay in the middle, enough of this already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record, MHP and Renntech are both great options. The issue with the headers was explained to more than my satisfaction or I believe that of anyone else. This has run its course but you guys don't seem to know when to quit.

I want to thank the mature individuals for steering this thread through what can only be described as rough waters all over the place. Nobody take away any hard feelings but you Mercedes guys are nutjobs at times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For the record, MHP and Renntech are both great options. The issue with the headers was explained to more than my satisfaction or I believe that of anyone else. This has run its course but you guys don't seem to know when to quit.

I want to thank the mature individuals for steering this thread through what can only be described as rough waters all over the place. Nobody take away any hard feelings but you Mercedes guys are nutjobs at times.
    LOL - truer words have not been spoken (typed). I vote close this mess down, nothing more to gain but plenty more to lose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Went too long as is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    See this thread for further discussion: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread.php?16506-****-Conclusion-To-The-RENNtech-Headers-vs-MHP-Headers-Thread-****

As many of you know, I got involved in this situation in order to learn the truth and maybe help resolve this issue. I always try to be as fair and as unbiased as possible, and in situations like this, I try to help whenever I can. The recent RENNtech thread has been a prime example of why we should hear each party's side of the story before making a judgement. Getting only one party's side can lead not only to bad judgement, but in this case to very inflammatory/negative posts between vendors and members, which in the long-term causes the thread to become unproductive.

Here is RENNtech's response to this issue:
    ================================

Members of the Benz Boost community,

After my initial post in this thread, I had the opportunity to follow up with the customer to find out exactly what did happen. My conversation was with Kevin, the shop owner who services the customer's vehicle, was directly involved in this matter. He has given his permission for me to recap the story details and the events which took place regarding this incident. The events were as follows:

A performance package which included our ECU tune, this set of shorty headers and a locking differential was ordered and installed by Turbochargers.com in June of 2009. This same car did also have a later installed carbon fiber airbox from us with additional exhaust modifications performed to it that were not RENNtech products. In early 2010; the headers developed a crack, the vehicle owner contacted us regarding the header and asked about the turn around time regarding the repair.

Since the car was scheduled to run an event within those upcoming weeks, Kevin and the customer decided they would take it upon themselves to repair the headers. This allowed the vehicle to run, yet the headers cracked again after the event at the repair site. Once again, Kevin removed the header to repair it him self so the vehicle could run yet another event the following week. This repair would also eventually fail. When I asked Kevin about the repair, he knew that it was a band aid on the problem and was done only to get the car to its upcoming events; knowing full well that the headers would probably fail again at the repair site, (To note, when headers are sent back to us that require repair, they are placed in the original jig, repaired using purge welding techniques, stress released, ceramic coated and the flange surfaces planed.

Fast forward to 3-4 months ago when the customer decided to run long tube headers (as at the time we did not have any long tube headers available, though do now). After deciding to go with MHP headers, Kevin was asked to take pictures of the 2 different headers next to each other with details on the cracked ones and email it. He never knew that these were intended to be used for any other purpose other than comparison. Kevin did share the images and apparently they ultimately ended up here on Benz Boost. We can only speculate as to who that (those) individual(s) were since Kevin wouldn't say there name(s). Kevin was also very clear that he was not the one who started this thread, nor has any knowledge of who did, though the forum has shared
    lots of possible ideas as to whom posted the pictures.

I have already coordinated the return of the headers back at our facility for inspection/repair/replacement. Both Kevin and the owner of the car will be satisfied with the results and look forward to additional modifications for other vehicles.

For almost 22 years we have been a dominant force in the tuning industry and continue to offer our customers the highest quality parts and service. This commitment to service has been one of the biggest reasons that over 70% of our clientele are repeat customers. Our intentions are not to exacerbate any of this any further and only to prove to the forum community that we have and always will, stand behind everything that we do.

Mark Hatfield

RENNtech, Inc.
    1369 N. KILLIAN DRIVE
    LAKE PARK, FL 33403
    Phone: (561) 845-7888 x23
    Fax: (561) 845-6777
    mhatfield@renntechmercedes.com
    www.renntechmercedes.com

Follow RENNtech on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lake-Park-FL/RENNtech/108297569234488

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213