1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

RENNTECH versus MHP Headers Pics

One set coming off, the other going on as replacements:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Customer paid $8000+ for the RENNTECH "custom" headers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

$8000!!!???
    Those welds are fitting for an $8 set of junkyard headers...I cannot believe people spend that kind of money for a crappy set of what I wouldnt even consider headers but more of a manifold..to each his own I guess.

They really werent $8000 were they???
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those shorties are a disgrace. Looks like someone already tried to do repairs and did a poor job as well. Click here to enlarge

Renntech should be ashamed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I could weld better with pizza dough... pathetic for 8k just stupid.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

WOW - although those are two very different types of headers you really can't compare them...but I don't think anyone can argue that the craftsmanship on those shorties is anything but horrible. Eight grand is highway robbery.

How much for the MHP long tubes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    $8000!!!???
    Those welds are fitting for an $8 set of junkyard headers...I cannot believe people spend that kind of money for a crappy set of what I wouldnt even consider headers but more of a manifold..to each his own I guess.
    Agreed on welds and even the design. Then throw in the $ factor...

They really werent $8000 were they???
    $8200 and change.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
    Those shorties are a disgrace. Looks like someone already tried to do repairs and did a poor job as well. Click here to enlarge

Renntech should be ashamed!
    The owner contacted RENNTECH multiple times about the cracked welds and in his words they told him to "eff off", they refused to repair them and stated that stainless steel welds are known to crack.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    WOW - although those are two very different types of headers you really can't compare them...but I don't think anyone can argue that the craftsmanship on those shorties is anything but horrible. Eight grand is highway robbery.

How much for the MHP long tubes?
    Youre right they aren't comparable. One is a race longtube, the other a custom shorty I guess?

Customer paid $8200+ for the RENNTECHs, MHPs were $2995 as part of a header and tune package. I think MHP lists them for $3495 including mids, clamps, 02 extensions, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Not a good showing by Renntech. Overpriced junk with ZERO customer service...yeah, sign me up for that....LOL

Thanks for the info. I've been considering long tubes and Weistec head work for my Black Series....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not a good showing by Renntech. Overpriced junk with ZERO customer service...yeah, sign me up for that....LOL

Thanks for the info. I've been considering long tubes and Weistec head work for my Black Series....
    NP. FWIW porting heads as good as these won't gain you much if any power especially with a supercharger forcing the air in supplying both mass and velocity of air.

Save the $ and spend elsewhere.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Absoloutly no comparison. MHP headers are longtubes with a 4-1 design, the best in the market for the C63. Like I said previously on renntech, they are not longtubes and charging $8200 for them is by all means a major rip off. MHP headers will kill renntech any day

I want to see how sticky replies when he sees these photos....Click here to enlarge

Comw out wherever you are, and stop hiding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

the welds are done by apes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These headers are a joke, not surprised at all.
    I even posted in the Renntech LTH header thread last week that they are known to crack at the welds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hold on guys, let's not jump to conclusions here.

Just because somebody starts a thread with very obvious lies there is no need to chime in. In fact there is need to put the real intention in question.
    The most common reason I see is that a vendor tries to elevate his own product or the product he represents by putting down a competitors product.
    I have no idea if this jbond is a vendor or installer or dislikes Renntech or just wants to have his 5 minutes of fame?

However, here are a few facts:

Those headers look like Renntech "shorty" headers, designed to bolt on directly to the oe exhaust system without modifications. Some people like this legal approach rather then attracting the attention of the whole neighborhood because of the extreme noise level a 63 without cats and longtubes, not even to mention the authorities. so 2 very different sydtems/designs.

If you check on Renntech's website you will find that those cost $3,580 and not $8,000+
    If you check MHP's website you will find that those are $3,495 and not $2,995
    Now, everybody needs to decide what they want/need. Do I really want the loud exhaust, cook my motormounts and pretty much everything else in the engine compartment, have all kinds of problems with warranty claims......

Renntech does have longtube headers available as well and they come ceramic coated (so the engine compartment is not getting cooked) and with 200 cell metal high performance catalytic converters. That's where perhaps the confusion with the $8,000 comes from, because that's how much those are. Certainly not cheap but you will pass your emission test and the noise level is still acceptable.

Talking about ceramic coating, the Renntech short headers are also ceramic coated, the ones in the picture are not. Also those welds with the cracks look very much like they were repaired and welded afterwards with a MIG welder and not a TIG welder. Again, not something Renntech is doing.
    And another thing that Renntech will not do, they would never refuse to repair their stuff, that is just completely made up. Renntech is a real company with like 20 real people employed, with a real building, insurance, workers comp, overhead....., and a real warranty. Not something the other "tuners" working out of somebody elses shop can say.

I would seriously question if those headers are even original Renntech headers.
    And I certainly would like to see a lot more proof, or at least more real info and not just made up stories before tag along.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

And the plot thickens for Mr JBond.

Although I personally would NEVER pay $3500 for a shorty, aka Log style header.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Thats what you call chalk and cheese.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

LOL - so now long tube headers are cooking motor mounts ??? LOL!!!! Do you realize how many people are running LT's and there has yet to be one issue of cooked motor mounts that I know of...
    Your prices are still way off - the list prices and what they actually sell for are what you are missing. Anyway....not that it really matters...shouldn't ALL headers be ceramic coated ??? The fact that Renntech didn't is only further proof that their product are not only overpriced, but they also suck balls. It's well documented that the Renntech headers produce ZERO power and in some instances actually lose power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Question for the OP - Jbond....do you have any affiliation with MHP ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
    No one's jumping to any conclusions and no one's lying except for you. The customer paid $8200 for those "headers" and he paid $2995 for the MHPs as part of a header and tune package. Of course you knew that, otherwise list pricing was disclosed at $3495 so take your lies comment and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Just because somebody starts a thread with very obvious lies there is no need to chime in. In fact there is need to put the real intention in question.
    The most common reason I see is that a vendor tries to elevate his own product or the product he represents by putting down a competitors product.
    I have no idea if this jbond is a vendor or installer or dislikes Renntech or just wants to have his 5 minutes of fame?
    Wake up. RENNTECH should be ashamed of their product and service. Those manifolds are a joke, the cost is just icing on the cake. The fact that the welds cracked three times and RENNTECH did nothing but tell the customer to fix them himself and that stainless is prone to cracking, yeah that's normal and OK. Are you joking?

You're looking at real deal comparison pictures. Check and see if there's any photoshopping, there isn't, basic cell phone pics but they work well enough to post on a forum.

Those headers look like Renntech "shorty" headers, designed to bolt on directly to the oe exhaust system without modifications. Some people like this legal approach rather then attracting the attention of the whole neighborhood because of the extreme noise level a 63 without cats and longtubes, not even to mention the authorities. so 2 very different sydtems/designs.
    Show me RENNTECH longtubes for a C63? This is what they sell, call them and ask for "longtubes" and they will tell you they don't make them, if they do they are custom and they need the car and $8k+. Anyone in this thread can verify that.

Please don't even try to reach some kind of mental compromise where you can claim the RENNTECHs are better than the MHPs at anything because according to the owner there is no comparison. No comparison in power, torque, and MHP stands behind their systems with a lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship. Customer never would have swapped if RENNTECH took care of the cracked welds, then again why would a RENNTECH header have cracked welds?

If you check on Renntech's website you will find that those cost $3,580 and not $8,000+
    Now, everybody needs to decide what they want/need. Do I really want the loud exhaust, cook my motormounts and pretty much everything else in the engine compartment, have all kinds of problems with warranty claims......
    Then I guess the owner of the vehicle got scammed when he paid for "longtubes" and the longtube price and got these?

As far as you claiming people have fried motor mounts with longtubes, name one person, like lzh said I don't know of anyone with any brand that's ever done that. Same goes for warranty claims, there have been no denials due to LTs that I've ever heard of. Ask MHP directly to chime in, or even MBH or Evosport. Not once have I heard of any of the false issues you mention.

Renntech does have longtube headers available as well and they come ceramic coated (so the engine compartment is not getting cooked) and with 200 cell metal high performance catalytic converters. That's where perhaps the confusion with the $8,000 comes from, because that's how much those are. Certainly not cheap but you will pass your emission test and the noise level is still acceptable.
    LOL at your lack of knowledge. Ceramic coating does nothing to keep heat inside the header. Pop the hood on identical cars one with ceramic coating one without, guess what, both make the same amount of underhood heat. Back in the 80s and 90s ceramic coating was the way to go at least for marketing however the quality of todays welds makes it unecessary. The real benefit to ceramic coating back then was to smooth over poor welds, now with inert gas purged TIG welds it is simply not necessary and just adds additional cost. You can have MHP headers coated yourself or they will do it for you however they also strongly recommend against it as a waste of money. Call them yourself and ask, you need some education.

mthis has a MHP longtube header car in NY and passed emissions without cats. MHP offers cats and emissions legal solutions as do all the longtube vendors. Again you are barking up the wrong tree.

Talking about ceramic coating, the Renntech short headers are also ceramic coated, the ones in the picture are not. Also those welds with the cracks look very much like they were repaired and welded afterwards with a MIG welder and not a TIG welder. Again, not something Renntech is doing.
    Try reading a post before responding. Again RENNTECH refused to perform any warranty work and said those headers were sold as is. Customer has the bill of sale so don't even try going down that road. Customer wanted RENNTECH to fix the headers when the welds broke on three separate occassions but they told him no. Point being the welds shouldn't have cracked in the first place and RENNTECH should have stepped up instead of saying it's common for stainless welds to crack.

You are all about misdirection and ignoring all facts. You are exactly who you try to make me out to be, smoke, mirrors and deception.

And another thing that Renntech will not do, they would never refuse to repair their stuff, that is just completely made up. Renntech is a real company with like 20 real people employed, with a real building, insurance, workers comp, overhead....., and a real warranty. Not something the other "tuners" working out of somebody elses shop can isay.
    Now you were on the phone with the customer and RENNTECH? BTW this customer dropped over $30k with them on his C63. Makes their response even worse doesn't it?

And I certainly would like to see a lot more proof, or at least more real info and not just made up stories before tag along.
    How about you can kiss my ass, no one has anything to prove to you and you even state they look like RENNTECH headers (talk about dense) in your own post in bold above. Try again. A picture is worth a 1000 words and you just got your ass kicked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    And the plot thickens for Mr JBond.

Although I personally would NEVER pay $3500 for a shorty, aka Log style header.
    What's with all these murder mystery detectives on the net lately?

Sorry amg4v dumped a vat of bull$#@! into the mix, my last resposne should have sufficiently thinned things out for you again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

LOL - so now long tube headers are cooking motor mounts ??? LOL!!!! Do you realize how many people are running LT's and there has yet to be one issue of cooked motor mounts that I know of...
    Your prices are still way off - the list prices and what they actually sell for are what you are missing. Anyway....not that it really matters...shouldn't ALL headers be ceramic coated ??? The fact that Renntech didn't is only further proof that their product are not only overpriced, but they also suck balls. It's well documented that the Renntech headers produce ZERO power and in some instances actually lose power.
    amg4v is obviously trying to save RENNTECH in this thread but the damage has already been done and there is nothing left to do but pick over the pieces. They had their chance to rectify the situation not one but three times and failed badly.

I've heard RENNTECH only coats their mild steel headers not stainless, but I won't present this as fact since I truly can't say for sure.

Question for the OP - Jbond....do you have any affiliation with MHP ??
    Never bought anything from them, have never been given anything by them, and don't own a car with any products from them on it. I do talk to people at MHP and also at RENNTECH and other shops.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
    What's with all these murder mystery detectives on the net lately?

Sorry amg4v dumped a vat of bull$#@! into the mix, my last resposne should have sufficiently thinned things out for you again.
    Buddy, lighten up will you, or just switch to de caf.

If you noticed I agreed that I would NEVER pay that for a shorty/log header.

I also agree that however made that header should be ASHAMED of themselves, period. It is a bad joke to say the least.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Buddy, lighten up will you, or just switch to de caf.

If you noticed I agreed that I would NEVER pay that for a shorty/log header.

I also agree that however made that header should be ASHAMED of themselves, period. It is a bad joke to say the least.

Now, would you like to answer LZH's question?
    Sorry just annoyed with all the BS on the net lately, post legit pictures of 2 products and get called out for a fukin receipt? I don't expect a thank you but providing a heads up to those unknowing I certainly didn't expect these sorts of replies.

I'm glad to see you have common sense and get the big picture.

I already answered LZHs question.

Now let me ask you one. If I was related to MHP what difference would it make as long as all info was legit? I'm not saying that's the case but amg4v's whole schpiel was based on "lies" when in fact there were none in my posts but his only one is chalk full of them. Please reread my response to LZH if you are still in question about my relations to shops. I talk to pretty much everyone and I dont think there's anything wrong with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge

And another thing that Renntech will not do, they would never refuse to repair their stuff, that is just completely made up. Renntech is a real company with like 20 real people employed, with a real building, insurance, workers comp, overhead....., and a real warranty. Not something the other "tuners" working out of somebody elses shop can say.

Very informative post.

From what I understand, though, in CA, you cannot drive your car on the public roads without the original primary cats installed (talking about modern cars here). There's very few companies that make CA legal replacement cats. Perhaps you would pass the sniff test, but visual would fail with these 200 cel cats, no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JBond Click here to enlarge
    .MHP offers cats and emissions legal solutions as do all the longtube vendors.
    Can you please elaborate on this point? I want to know what the solution is for CA cars. From what I understand, you cannot run LT's in CA, mainly because it would be pretty hard to custom weld the original primaries back in the exhaust stream after the LT's collectors. So, how could one legally run MHP LT's in CA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Very informative post.

From what I understand, though, in CA, you cannot drive your car on the public roads without the original primary cats installed (talking about modern cars here). There's very few companies that make CA legal replacement cats. Perhaps you would pass the sniff test, but visual would fail with these 200 cel cats, no?
    I believe the law states you cannot remove a functioning factory cat for 60,000 miles or something unless damaged first? This goes for any state. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.

So all aftermarket catalytic converter cars are by definition illegal. another joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Can you please elaborate on this point? I want to know what the solution is for CA cars. From what I understand, you cannot run LT's in CA, mainly because it would be pretty hard to custom weld the original primaries back in the exhaust stream after the LT's collectors. So, how could one legally run MHP LT's in CA?
    Well based on the posts above they are legal in 49 states then. They are simply catted versions of their longtubes, just like the others.

I actually dont think you could weld a stock primary cat into any LT header due to the internal dia of the cats vs what they are using.

Time to move Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast