Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Got another customer vs tuner thread brewing

OP is claiming he got a tune from Fluid Motor Union and his 63 motor popped less than 5 days later. OP claims Fluid Motor Union gave him a 12 mo guarantee but they're not standing behind it. Details appear sketchy at this time. Here's a link.

What's going on out there lately??? Is that last horsepower or two really worth the risk? I am all for pushing the envelope but there has to be logical limits.

http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...e-failure.html
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ouchh that sucks. Kinda scary too... OE blew a motor too?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fluid outsources their tuning fwiw....
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    Fluid outsources their tuning fwiw....
    Who do they outsource to? Ironic thing here is Fluid, Eurocharged and my company used to be neighbors over in the business park on Clow Creek road.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can anyone with tuning knowledge say they're surprised? Fluid Motor Union doesn't tune and what they do tune is... rough. They build customer cars with open velocity stacks and methanol inject NA motors... its just reckless "for looks" $#@! that seems to be catching up with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Who do they outsource to? Ironic thing here is Fluid, Eurocharged and my company used to be neighbors over in the business park on Clow Creek road.
    ya that is funny! But was always cool seeing the clk whipping around all the time.

I am not going to post yet, lets see how things roll out...plus I have to verify that things didn't change in the last year...
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Can anyone with tuning knowledge say they're surprised? Fluid Motor Union doesn't tune and what they do tune is... rough. They build customer cars with open velocity stacks and methanol inject NA motors... its just reckless "for looks" $#@! that seems to be catching up with them.
    ya I am thinking the same thing. Roll hard and low....worry about the rest later...
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    ya I am thinking the same thing. Roll hard and low....worry about the rest later...
    Yep - not to name names but SpasticDwarf/Mike Burroughs claimed +60rwhp by using their velocity stacks. We all know that is SEVERELY over stated. I asked if they'd do that tune and stack setup on another car and he said they couldn't promise the same results or some $#@!. Aka - bs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep - not to name names but SpasticDwarf/Mike Burroughs claimed +60rwhp by using their velocity stacks. We all know that is SEVERELY over stated. I asked if they'd do that tune and stack setup on another car and he said they couldn't promise the same results or some $#@!. Aka - bs.
    lol thats awesome....I have to start using that SpasticDwarf lol.
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats his name on bimmerforums!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats his name on bimmerforums!
    how fitting....i am not a fan myself of said individual...
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ya that is funny! But was always cool seeing the clk whipping around all the time
    The CLK, motorcycles and ATVs LOL I wonder if other businesses ever got sick of all the cars and stuff racing up and down the street
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The CLK, motorcycles and ATVs LOL I wonder if other businesses ever got sick of all the cars and stuff racing up and down the street
    We had the police there all the time for "drag racing"

The ATVs were freaking awesome all the time....we would be drinking at the shop (ie drunk running on the dyno trying to make power) and would hear them ripping up the street..
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP is claiming he got a tune from Fluid Motor Union and his 63 motor popped less than 5 days later. OP claims Fluid Motor Union gave him a 12 mo guarantee but they're not standing behind it. Details appear sketchy at this time. Here's a link.

What's going on out there lately??? Is that last horsepower or two really worth the risk? I am all for pushing the envelope but there has to be logical limits.

http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...e-failure.html
    Fluid Motor Union is not a proven option. They did a a velocity stack setup on an S65 without any filters and recommended it: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.php?1400-Fluid-MotorUnion-E9X-M3-S65-V8-velocity-stack-intake-system-with-water-methanol-injection-completed-Work-of-art

B
    eautiful work but I doubt the motor would last with that either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They probably washed the oil off the cylinder walls if that meth kit actually sprayed. They really get a beautiful image painted of their shop that just isn't accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Thats my kinda street lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Fluid Motor Union is not a proven option. They did a a velocity stack setup on an S65 without any filters and recommended it: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.php?1400-Fluid-MotorUnion-E9X-M3-S65-V8-velocity-stack-intake-system-with-water-methanol-injection-completed-Work-of-art

B
    Relevance to M156 tuning? Especially, as claimed earlier, that they allegedly just outsource that tuning (i.e. simply load files produced elsewhere for customers) anyway?

If a shop did subpar work on VWs, but loaded canned Evotech tunes for 63 AMGs, how would their results be any different than any other shop that loads Evotech tunes for 63 AMGs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Relevance to M156 tuning? Especially, as claimed earlier, that they allegedly just outsource that tuning (i.e. simply load files produced elsewhere for customers) anyway?

If a shop did subpar work on VWs, but loaded canned Evotech tunes for 63 AMGs, how would their results be any different than any other shop that loads Evotech tunes for 63 AMGs?
    agreed, but in the other thread op said he paid for a "custom" tune. Also, out of respect for sticky i won't link, but a quick search oh the other forum 55 section shows another blow E55 from said location. I actually met the new owner of the car etc a few weeks ago and talked in detail to the old owner about the situation as he is only 15 minutes from me.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

B
    ya, when I saw the car at cars n coffee here they were telling people that they drove it all the way to mfest without filters and it was "fine" lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Thats my kinda street lol
    it was a fun time indeed.....

Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    agreed, but in the other thread op said he paid for a "custom" tune. Also, out of respect for sticky i won't link, but a quick search oh the other forum 55 section shows another blow E55 from said location. I actually met the new owner of the car etc a few weeks ago and talked in detail to the old owner about the situation as he is only 15 minutes from me.
    Yeah, Jake - just noticed that... supposedly a "custom" tune. Maybe a header-matched-tune for the LTs, I would buy that... but I doubt this is really a truly custom-tailored-to-his-car tune. And we find out that he's got 80k on the odo... that's more than my '04 C32! Click here to enlarge

As for the E55 - I haven't seen that, but haven't paid as much attention to that subforum as of late. That said, other MB tuning shops have had their fair share of M113K issues, without any M156 issues to date... so I'm not sure a correlation can/should be drawn there.

The whole thing is pretty odd, actually - FMU is basically non-existant on MBW, even though they sponsor it... the last noteworthy thing I saw they were working on was an upgraded C63 oil cooler, but who knows if they ever even released it? IDK.

If the OP's story is true, I hope he gets an amenable resolution with FMU.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    FMU? do these morons even know how to tune?

I tried thier oil cooler, and its not worth crap. thier methanol injection is a major rip off. I hope they go out of business. Their oil cooler that I bought from them was leaking that it almost damaged my engine. Stay away from those freaks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would never let them touch my car. FMU is part of that "stanceworks" culture. Having talked to SpasticDwarf at lengths about tuning (to find out he just regurgitates whatever they tell him) I can't say that I would trust them doing anything. They are all about putting air suspension are cars and scraping subframes they have no business messing with engines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, Jake - just noticed that... supposedly a "custom" tune. Maybe a header-matched-tune for the LTs, I would buy that... but I doubt this is really a truly custom-tailored-to-his-car tune. And we find out that he's got 80k on the odo... that's more than my '04 C32! Click here to enlarge

As for the E55 - I haven't seen that, but haven't paid as much attention to that subforum as of late. That said, other MB tuning shops have had their fair share of M113K issues, without any M156 issues to date... so I'm not sure a correlation can/should be drawn there.

The whole thing is pretty odd, actually - FMU is basically non-existant on MBW, even though they sponsor it... the last noteworthy thing I saw they were working on was an upgraded C63 oil cooler, but who knows if they ever even released it? IDK.

If the OP's story is true, I hope he gets an amenable resolution with FMU.
    ya, there are way too many doubts in this one....some things just strike me as odd thats all.. Here in chi I know almost if not all the amg owners. (there are not that much) One of us would have gotten word of this earlier then the post..we have a lot of bmw customers that go to fluid for service as well and I always get stories from over there.

I know if you look at their blog posts there is one about tuning a black c63 with the same mods...that was the only thing that kinda perked my ears up. But, whats to say same or different pissed of person could be using that information as well to damage them.

The post count thing didn't really bother me to be honest. We have a ton of customers that are either not on the forums or rarely ever post. Just look at turbo lou for example...dude has one of if not the fastest E55's and no one ever talks about it nor is his times ever posted anywere.
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would never let them touch my car. FMU is part of that "stanceworks" culture. Having talked to SpasticDwarf at lengths about tuning (to find out he just regurgitates whatever they tell him) I can't say that I would trust them doing anything. They are all about putting air suspension are cars and scraping subframes they have no business messing with engines.
    What is "stanceworks" culture?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    What is "stanceworks" culture?
    Ugh... where do I start?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ugh... where do I start?
    I looked it up on Google. It's like a vague lifestyle with sponsors.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast