Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need something good that I don't have for under $100.

Any flashes for sale?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    God, your dying to post a pic of your setup arent you? lol you might as well do it!
    No srsly. This is old nikon $#@!. I got into it at first with nikon. I have a D70 and D100 body which prob aren't worth anything. I had a bunch of kit lenses and a couple lower priced nikkor/nikon lenses. Nothing serious. And no, I don't want to post because you be hatin' and it makes my desk look filthy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I need something good that I don't have for under $100.

Any flashes for sale?
    Nah you won't find a canon brand flash for under $200 - $250 (at least not a 430EXII or 580EXII) but there are actually good sunpak flashes and other chinese flashes for DIRT cheap that are actually decent. I have a 420EX flash thats in about 4 or 5 pieces. It was run over by a 52' fishing boat lol. Don't ask.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Nah you won't find a canon brand flash for under $200 - $250 (at least not a 430EXII or 580EXII) but there are actually good sunpak flashes and other chinese flashes for DIRT cheap that are actually decent. I have a 420EX flash thats in about 4 or 5 pieces. It was run over by a 52' fishing boat lol. Don't ask.
    If you say it like that, we need the story!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you say it like that, we need the story!
    LOL, its going to sound so stupid. I was on vacation in FL keys we were fishing for dolphin and I brought a 420EX and my then Digital Rebel 300D (fill flash ftw if we catch a big fishy). We saw a loggerhead turtle stuck in a net, we stopped to free it, I lean over for a pic and my flash wasn't locked onto the hot shoe, slammed into the swim platform and lost its batteries and was floating until the captain continued to back up and sucked it under the boat.

Who knew that a 420EX flash without batteries would float? We freed the turtle. I got a pic on a film camera lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge I'm sure you haven't dropped any flashes since.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge I'm sure you haven't dropped any flashes since.
    Actually....

One did fall but it wasn't my fault. It was also not totally broken. Also a 420.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok...hmm. So what off-brand flash can I get, like opteka, that you would say is decent and relatively inexpensive.

I don't have a 1D so no need to spend the big bucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok...hmm. So what off-brand flash can I get, like opteka, that you would say is decent and relatively inexpensive.

I don't have a 1D so no need to spend the big bucks.
    I shoot manual flash because I do a lot of wireless triggers. So, I wouldn't hesitate to pick some of these up:
    http://www.amazon.com/YN-560-Speedli...1&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look at this whacky thing. It's what I bid on to see what it was max-bidded at and ended up winning.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I dunno if I'll keep it but it's interesting. It has 14 aperture blades (!?) and the aperture ring is infinitely variable - no clicks, it moves smoothly so you could set, say ƒ/2.9 if you wanted. Weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    God, your dying to post a pic of your setup arent you? lol you might as well do it!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the hell, variable F stop ring? Click here to enlarge
    I want something like that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What the hell, variable F stop ring? Click here to enlarge
    I want something like that!
    Weird right?

I thought about something like it a while ago but didn't think it existed. The downside with the old M42 adapted lenses is that the aperture is controlled manually so if you want to take a picture at ƒ/7.1 you'd have to stop down to 7.1, look through the dark view finder, meter, and focus all while everything is dark. Modern cameras meter and focus with the lens wide open and flick the aperture to whatever you want as the shot occurs. That zeiss lens features some "preset aperture" so it says you can set it to like 7.1 and focus at wide open and then somehow "go back" to the desired aperture. I don't know how any of that works yet. The in-between aperture settings could be cool though for adjusting exposure. Might also look cool in video since it won't be "steps".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, I knew there was a downside Click here to enlarge just shoot in broad daylight!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, I knew there was a downside Click here to enlarge just shoot in broad daylight!
    I have a 3.5 and 5.6 lens (canon 400 5.6) and honestly the view finder is fine with that. I doubt I would shoot a shorter lens like these ones smaller than 5.6 so I imagine it'd be ok.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nikon F100 (w/ 200-400mm f/5.6 constant & a crappy "whatever" lens)
    Sony a55 (sold)
    Sony a77 (waiting - ships October 15-20th)
    Minolta 28-75mm f/2.8 constant
    Sony 70300 (70mm-300mm) G Lens

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A bunch of other crap too... Speedlights, bags, etc... Not counting any of that.

The F100 is for sale if anyone is interested.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A77 is an interesting camera. The fps is nuts, but the stop hit due to transparent mirror is a bummer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    No worries man there isn't a "high fps" full frame DSLR right now so you're not missing out. My 5DII is I think 3 or 3.5 fps or something lame.
    Yeah I gotta say I would've liked it if they released a 5fps 15MP FF camera with 7D AF instead of the 5DmkII but it would've destroyed the top tier sales. 5D mkIII focusing on ISO performance would be killer since I can't think of many people that need more than 21 megapixels..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scott_uw Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I gotta say I would've liked it if they released a 5fps 15MP FF camera with 7D AF instead of the 5DmkII but it would've destroyed the top tier sales. 5D mkIII focusing on ISO performance would be killer since I can't think of many people that need more than 21 megapixels..
    Yeah I own a 7D and a 5DII because they're such different cameras. I honestly can't see them getting 7D-performance out of a 5DIII but who knows, maybe they will release it and astonish us all. I think the slower burst speed is just accepted because of the mass of the mirror when swinging. The 1D4 is impressive, but obviously not full frame either. I treat the 5DII and 7D as two completely different cameras - I am kind of thankful they're not one in the same because it also put me in the mode for the camera. Ie., I bring the 7D for wildlife/motorsports/etc where tracking AF is needed and high FPS. The 5DII is a clean high ISO monster that shoots gigantic images. They both have their place really. I don't know what to expect when the 5D III is announced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here you go guys.

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You would be surprised, and as an engineer - I would agree with you if I haven't used it. They (sources... Sony doesn't) say less than a 3rd of a stop, and I say it's almost nonexistent. It's honestly a GREAT camera...

Regarding all my Nikon gear, it's for sale.

Cannot WAIT for my A77 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol only noobs need that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Regarding all my Nikon gear, it's for sale.
    Care to list up your Nikon gear?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Care to list up your Nikon gear?
    Sure thing... It's all film - not digital, but the F100 is about the best you can get right beyond the F6... Very good camera.

This is straight from a "sell post", so excuse the "salesman pitch" pitch. Click here to enlarge

This camera (Nikon F 100 or Nikon F100) has been used for a few months, and is in near mint condition (cannot say mint, as it's been used). When I procured the camera, the camera still had the protective "label" over the rear curtain. The camera is literally in "like brand new condition", with not a mark or mar that I can distinguish on the camera (please see pictures for condition). I have put around 15 rolls of film through the camera, and have since realized that I want to stay with digital. Out of all the cameras I have used, this has - by far - the best balance, feel and controls... This is something to say considering the F100's age.

This is a GREAT opportunity to get an EXCELLENT Professional 35mm SLR camera WITH one very good zoom lens (Tamron 200-400mm f/5.6), one "do it all" lens (Tamron 28-200mm f/3.8-5.6)AND an SB-28DX Speedlight (with bag, box and manual - also mint condition) - all for a GREAT price. EVERYTHING is in EXCELLENT CONDITION as shown in the images.

Again, everything is in near mint condition - all that is listed is very very lightly used. The lenses are in very good condition; they have no scratches or marks on the outside - more importantly, there are none I can detect on the glass. Each lens has a filter (BW) that will ship with it, and of course all caps are included. Lens hoods are also included.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast