Thread: The Stick Call Out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thumbs down The Stick Call Out

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your stuff is simple and outdated. One can build it themselves if they want as that is how ridiculously simplistic it is compared to modern BMW platforms which you simply can't even touch or modify. Calculators are more advanced today than the engine management that came in your car so stop comparing new BMW's to it.

I will be glad to destroy your vehicle as well if it ever does something other than burnouts in parking lots and visits church on Sundays.
    Ok bud. I'd take my simple outdated running daily driving 800 hp car to one on jackstands.

So what's the excuse?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Hope you guys are local to each other and can go heads up. Forum racing is, well just NOT the same thing.
    Best of luck debating with Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Hope you guys are local to each other and can go heads up. Forum racing is, well just NOT the same thing.
    Best of luck debating with Sticky.
    True story it seems many of the members on this forum (all like 9 active) talk about Sticky and his winning debates as a matter of him just banning you from a thread lol.

He's not local nor would he race my car or any of the cars up here. His doesn't even run yet but he's talking smack. Oh noes, a 600 hp/ 380 tq CF supercharged 4,000 LB M3 thats taking 4 yrs to build. Scurred son, scurred.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

LOL @ 9 active. Your other comments show how ill informed you are of the guy and this forum...
    Anyways!... Forum racing is lame just like this thread you just started. No point to this thread. Just saying. Son.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There is no point, you're absolutely right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

you just can't compare the two....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

what car is being compared to stickys car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    what car is being compared to stickys car?
    Sticky is talking $#@! on my car. He's a pro tuner and has evaluated the "simplicity" of my setup. Ignore that his car is still in pieces that is irrelevant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky is talking $#@! on my car. He's a pro tuner and has evaluated the "simplicity" of my setup. Ignore that his car is still in pieces that is irrelevant.
    what kind of car do you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    what kind of car do you have?
    It's a simple outdated setup:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Runs DTA S80 Pro standalone with 6 cylinder EGT, 1000cc Injector Dynamics injectors, -10AN fuel system, Aeromotive A-1000 pumps, 28x24x4" intercooler, adel-wiggins hose clamps, Driven Innovations CNC'd intake manifod with phenolic spacers, wiseco pistons, eagle rods, 2.8L crankshaft, etc.

Did 686 rwhp on pump and water meth injection on a 100% stock head and cams.

I am building my new motor (3.05L with vanos, supertech titanium retainers, inconel exhauts valves, nitrided intake valves, K1 rods, Wiseco pistons, 3.2L crankshaft, etc.) over winter and going to do a race gas tune hoping to see 900 rwhp or so - should be doable considering it was at 686 on pump. We'll see.

I wouldn't seem so pompous if Sticky wasn't so ignorant. This is more about the fact that he's a mouth-runner with a car that isn't a runner. Shame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

nice build.....hahaha....sticky is a nice/reasonable guy....he does stuff just to stir the waters sometimes but i wouldnt let it bother you....plus you cant have a crack at him until my built CTS-V does first Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

nice build.....hahaha....sticky is a nice/reasonable guy....he does stuff just to stir the waters sometimes but i wouldnt let it bother you....plus you cant have a crack at him until my built CTS-V does first Click here to enlarge
    I know he does... or did. But I genuinely think that he has convinced himself that he knows what's up these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This isn't the first time OP has gone off on a forum douching up threads while talking about his old ass car like it was the best thing on the planet. I recall him telling a Ferrari and Audi R8 V10 owner that his car was better than theirs. True story.

Any of the tuners will attest to the increased difficulty to deal with ECUs these days. It's no secret.

You're not going to win here and nobody is going to get banned for calling you out. You don't have sponsor protection here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    This isn't the first time OP has gone off on a forum douching up threads while talking about his old ass car like it was the best thing on the planet. I recall him telling a Ferrari and Audi R8 V10 owner that his car was better than theirs. True story.

Any of the tuners will attest to the increased difficulty to deal with ECUs these days. It's no secret.

You're not going to win here and nobody is going to get banned for calling you out. You don't have sponsor protection here.

Haha yomama I thought you got divorced and died. Good to see you still around.

No - what I said was that I could have purchased these ~15k mile 360 that was being discussed in the other thread on the other forum. That's not a lie. I am not justifying my building of this car with anything other than "I wanted to" and because I love the platform. I never mentioned anything about an R8 V10 (they do nothing for me so I wouldn't have made a comment).

There's nothing "old ass" about my car - the motor, ecu, suspenion, interior - everything is as modern as anything new. I enjoy the classic lines of an E34 - nothing "old ass" about it. I don't think many would argue that since the models with round headlights, BMW styling has gone to $#@!. I don't discredit that modern cars are harder to tune - but I also don't bash carb'd muscle cars. If I was running something like a motronic 1.3 or k-jetronic, then sure. But given my ECU runs canbus and can control everything from traction control to sequential transmissions, to drive by wire, I don't see how it's "simple and outdated". I could run Sticky's motor on my ECU and have it work just fine. But, he doesn't realize that.

I don't have sponsor protection here? Dude I never had any protection anywhere lol - I am not a sponsor on any forum sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Whatever the thread ensues, it'll be black and white.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Whatever the thread ensues, it'll be black and white.
    That's racist

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    That's racist
    Hey I'm neither but 3 is an odd number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Hey I'm neither but 3 is an odd number.
    I agree

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've been here since day one. Member #3. One doesn't die after a divorce.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    I've been here since day one. Member #3. One doesn't die after a divorce.
    I was merely joshing you. Damn member #3, you're an OG.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Any videos of your car? Time slips? Not saying drag racing is everything, just curious. I'd also like to see your dash/gauges. Do you have any sort of active knock retard per cylinder?

I like that you can watch EGT per cylinder. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I second the "old ass" comment...What year was your car built ?
    'Nuff said...While it's a cool build...with the amount of money you've sunk into a antiquated and out dated platform, you could have something much nicer and newer and probably just as fast (modded 996 turbo). I'm sure without full slicks in the rear you can barely put the power to good use except for 60+ mph. Anyway, like I said, cool build, glad you enjoy it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

the setup looks killer, but still this thread is :thumbsdown:
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Guys, to disrespect his car because of the year the chassis was built is completely retarded, especially THIS car on a BMW performance forum......

He could argue that this car is better than a 996 Turbo, and "nicer".... and nobody could logically say he is wrong.

Leave the opinions out. The only REAL facts are how fast it can move and how hard it can turn, and that is between him and Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Any videos of your car? Time slips? Not saying drag racing is everything, just curious. I'd also like to see your dash/gauges. Do you have any sort of active knock retard per cylinder?

I like that you can watch EGT per cylinder. Click here to enlarge
    No videos of the track or anything - its not really my gig. I'd like to, but everytime I get in the mood something comes up. As was mentioned in another thread on here I didn't even plan on dynoing but my buds wouldn't stop giving me crap for it. I pulled hard on a few > 500 rwhp cars so I figured what the heck. A couple (bad) videos messing around with my buddies tubbed E30. I'd have to find the video on youtube and I can't right now - I "lose" to him because he thought I was going when I was just braking boosting. Was on low boost (no meth) tune anyway - its a funny video though.

I am not kidding when I say I daily this car. I went out to get soda and food before a snow storm:

http://vimeo.com/18602381

http://vimeo.com/16112762

Some interior shots of dash/gauge stuff:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

No knock on the car - I had run a system previously but it was too difficult to make any sense out of because the external wastegate sends the knock sensors straight to "danger" zone. I have the EGT as an input to the ECU though, so it will cut boost and add fuel at various temperature.

Also have traction control in with pit lane speed limiter setup for "valet" mode (20 mph).

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I second the "old ass" comment...What year was your car built ?
    'Nuff said...While it's a cool build...with the amount of money you've sunk into a antiquated and out dated platform, you could have something much nicer and newer and probably just as fast (modded 996 turbo). I'm sure without full slicks in the rear you can barely put the power to good use except for 60+ mph. Anyway, like I said, cool build, glad you enjoy it.
    This was my first car - it holds meaning to me. Honestly, and I am not just saying this because I own one, but the E34 suspension has got to be one of the best hooking BMW suspensions out there. The swedes run NASTY times on them. You mentioned the 996 but that's just it - I wouldn't want a 996. I'd want a 930, 964, or 993. I just prefer the more bold lines of the older cars. Everything from the E46 and up is so sterile to me. Personal preference. If I inherited an E92 I'd sell it for an E30 M3 or maybe an E31.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast