Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ozzie Guillen wants money and a yacht

Hey, who doesn't? Check this out. Maybe some of you don't follow baseball but this guy managed the Chicago White Sox and is now going to manage the Marlins. He will be paid much more to do so:

Unofficially, Guillen told the Chicago Sun-Times on Friday that he was as good as gone, and leaving because he was underpaid. The interview didn't run until Tuesday. Here are the — pardon the expression — money quotes:"With money, I can go buy me a new boat, I can go buy me a new car, I can dress my wife the way I want to dress her, I can go to Spain," Guillen said. "With the ring, I can go to United Airlines and say, 'Hello, I won the 2005 championship. Can you fly me to Spain?' Hell, no.

"Money is everything besides health. Money is next to that. A lot of people say, 'Oh, love.' They don't know what love means. I guarantee you, if you raise a girl where I grew up and you've got no money and she loves you, but you put the same girl with a guy who's got a lot of money, I'll bet she'll love the guy with money. That's the way it is. I love you, but I'm hungry.

"I work in this job for money. I don't work for nothing. Money. That's it. The ring? (Bleep) the ring. I don't even wear my (bleeping) rings. I don't."

"You know what I saw a couple days ago? I saw a 62-foot boat. That's what I want, and that's what I'm going to get. People have to pay me for that. White Sox? I don't know. Marlins? I don't know. But somebody will pay. I want to buy my (bleeping) boat. That's my inspiration. My inspiration is money. That's everybody's inspiration."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, its true..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I guess it is true. I want money and a yacht too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love Ozzie.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He just says whatever he thinks which I respect.