Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MHP Site Hacked

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    almost like MBW is loosening up the choke hold on the members and letting them have a bit more freedom of speech with sponsors/vendors when $#@! goes bad since they now know BB&Sticky are here to stay
    Exactly, it forces them to improve. They should give me a medal or at least say thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, it forces them to improve. They should give me a medal or at least say thank you.
    Its a shame that more of the popular car/bike/whatever forums arent like this one,good job&I give you a Gold Star for your forehead Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its a shame that more of the popular car/bike/whatever forums arent like this one,good job&I give you a Gold Star for your forehead Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol exactly;now stick that $#@!er on your forehead before ya hit da club tonite&tell em Oldgixxer gave it to you lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol exactly;now stick that $#@!er on your forehead before ya hit da club tonite&tell em Oldgixxer gave it to you lol
    I'm not going out any more until Vegas, self-imposed. Last night was overboard but amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think a chill person threatens to make life more difficult for someone or hurt their business out of spite especially when he says he doesn't care about a refund.
    I was thinkin the exact same thing. And if he has been through this in the past to "reclaim the majority of his investment" with someone else, that makes me think 2 things....1) Seems like a pattern and perhaps this clown is the problem, 2) why this time is he simply threatening to nark on OE and make his life difficult rather than "reclaiming the majority of his investment" through proper (legal) channels ? And also, anyone in law enforcement will tell you that threats over the internet are taken very seriously these days - seems this dumbass just shot himself in the foot and showed his hand. If he was serious about doing what he says, he would just do it and not tell OE what he was planning - LOL. What an idiot...Hey Jeremy, here's what I'm going to do, just so you know and have plenty of time to get all your books and records/affairs in order LOL. DUUUUUUUHHHHH. Oh yeah....and he threatening to tell the State that Jeremy is modifying street cars for with illegal emissions, etc ??? Wasn't that why he was there in the first place ?????? To get a race only tune that runs on VP109 ???? This guy is a total retard and I'd be willing to bet he was never a cop, got kicked out of the academy and the closest he's been to a wrench is sitting in the waiting room of Pep Boys reading Car and Driver while his car gets and oil change and he has the same hacks doing the oil change try to "tune" his ECU...LOL
    Last edited by LZH; 09-30-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    seems this dumbass just shot himself in the foot and showed his hand.
    If it was my business and this guy actually went through with any of his threats and it affected my bottom-line I would be going after his bottom-line with that post in hand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it was my business and this guy actually went through with any of his threats and it affected my bottom-line I would be going after his bottom-line with that post in hand.
    Exactly - and I can guarantee you any of the people he has threatened to call will ask why he is reporting this issue and he will say something like, "this guy screwed me" and, well, there's your motivation for making false statements to state officials. And this retard claims to be in law enforcement ?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly - and I can guarantee you any of the people he has threatened to call will ask why he is reporting this issue and he will say something like, "this guy screwed me" and, well, there's your motivation for making false statements to state officials. And this retard claims to be in law enforcement ?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    and what was said to incite such anger and vengeance? That Andy wasn't a professional tuner and that it took skill to solder? How did that cause such a reaction from the customer? I don't get it at all. First he gets all bent out of shape about Jeremy posting his VIN number and then DUHHHH!! The damn screen shot HE POSTED of the alleged tune on his car is his damn VIN number!!! I just don't understand him. One hand he wants to stay out of it and then the next he wants the guys blood. He doesn't want to name the tuner but then he gives everyone a map with a big X marks the spot on it. He seems to be the most passive and then aggressive person I have seen in a long time. NO... not passive aggressive. BOTH! Click here to enlarge
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think a chill person threatens to make life more difficult for someone or hurt their business out of spite especially when he says he doesn't care about a refund.
    Even a chill person has their limits. Everyone has a breaking point. No doubt Steve hit his today and I can't say I blame him in response to some of the ridiculous posts that have gone up in the past few days (not the majority). From Steve's point of view he didn't receive what he paid for, and his car put him in unsafe situations (shut down on highway with family in car multiple times), had enough ignition advance and lean enough A/Fs that his car could have seriously been hurt on 91 octane, and to top it off the damaged hardware which will forever be an easy out for MB to void his powertrain warranty. I don't see malicious intent, I see a pissed off customer that's being made more pissed off by the continuing posts of the tuner in question.

From what Steve has and continues to tell me directly he's asked the tuner in question repeatedly for a refund or at the very least just a new stock ECU from MB (he will have warranty issues for the rest of his life with that ECU, that is an undeniable fact it was burnt to a crisp. That's about $1500. As for a refund on the tuning, that's a different story. Steve's not hurting for cash and I think he's just pissed off because he's been lied too so much--without going into further detail I'll leave it at that.

Luke, let this one play out before you go all out the wrong direction. Google "I-Charger scam" and you'll see what investment he lost a good bit on (live and learn). Andrew Moeller (sp?) was also involved. They almost hooked a few ex NBA players however I consulted them prior to investing and they thankfully listened.

The I-Charger was basically a 2.3L Harrop/TVS PD blower with integrated intercooler that would bolt up to a 6.1 Hemi as Weistec's kits do to a M156/M159. Allegedly there were talks going with all domestic OEMs to bring them to their product lines as well, etc. In the end I only ever saw one running on video and it sounded like a garbage disposal definitely some backlash going on inside the blower cover. Anyway, if you care, that's enough to get you started.

Steve's a pretty level headed guy, as I hear you are in person as well Click here to enlarge. He's well respected on the SRT8 boards as a pioneer and before getting blown he had the Q/F N/A Jeep for a while. He in fact has raced 8 second drag boats, built said engines, can tune with stand-alone (I would bet dollars to donuts he knows more than the tuner in question about tuning in general), etc. Also for pioneering his 426 (7.0L Supercharged Jeep SRT8). I told him to go 392 (less stroke going 426 makes for an unstable bottom end with too much piston skirt hanging out at BDC) as I don't like seeing ring grooving at 8-10k miles. He didn't listen and had to rebuild it, then decided to sell as his Jeep had gone beyond the point of a fun daily driver--All true automotive enthusiasts have gone "too far" with regard to going overboard with certain builds. For me it was dropping a $30K engine into a $24k car at 24 YO. That was my moment of clarity LOL. You can't polish a turd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was nothing malicious about the post, it was a statement of facts from Steve's perspective. JMHO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was thinkin the exact same thing. And if he has been through this in the past to "reclaim the majority of his investment" with someone else, that makes me think 2 things....1) Seems like a pattern and perhaps this clown is the problem, 2) why this time is he simply threatening to nark on OE and make his life difficult rather than "reclaiming the majority of his investment" through proper (legal) channels ? And also, anyone in law enforcement will tell you that threats over the internet are taken very seriously these days - seems this dumbass just shot himself in the foot and showed his hand.
    He's not a LEO anymore. Used to be. He's not out for revenge or to reclaim funds lost on prior investments (tuning your car is not an investment I'm sure you'd agree), he is open and honest about the I-charger scam in order to prevent others from falling victim to the same BS he did.

He's not a dumbass by any means. No more than you or I.

If he was serious about doing what he says, he would just do it and not tell OE what he was planning - LOL. What an idiot...Hey Jeremy, here's what I'm going to do, just so you know and have plenty of time to get all your books and records/affairs in order LOL. DUUUUUUUHHHHH.
    I guess you can't say he didn't give him fair warning. Steve doesn't BS, just let it play out.

Oh yeah....and he threatening to tell the State that Jeremy is modifying street cars for with illegal emissions, etc ??? Wasn't that why he was there in the first place ?????? To get a race only tune that runs on VP109 ???? This guy is a total retard and I'd be willing to bet he was never a cop, got kicked out of the academy and the closest he's been to a wrench is sitting in the waiting room of Pep Boys reading Car and Driver while his car gets and oil change and he has the same hacks doing the oil change try to "tune" his ECU...LOL
    Steve knows the laws regarding emissions in CA as well as anyone. He wanted a 91 octane tune for street/daily driving and a MS109 tune for the track only.

Can we please go 1 thread without you name calling or personally insulting someone you don't even know? Again, someone with far more automotive knowledge than you and you're talking down to him for sharing his experience. A few people that I've spoken with have said you're a real laid back, chill and nice person...In person. Just not sure why you can't be the same person here no disrespect meant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Even a chill person has their limits. Everyone has a breaking point. No doubt Steve hit his today and I can't say I blame him in response to some of the ridiculous posts that have gone up in the past few days (not the majority). From Steve's point of view he didn't receive what he paid for, and his car put him in unsafe situations (shut down on highway with family in car multiple times), had enough ignition advance and lean enough A/Fs that his car could have seriously been hurt on 91 octane, and to top it off the damaged hardware which will forever be an easy out for MB to void his powertrain warranty. I don't see malicious intent, I see a pissed off customer that's being made more pissed off by the continuing posts of the tuner in question.

From what Steve has and continues to tell me directly he's asked the tuner in question repeatedly for a refund or at the very least just a new stock ECU from MB (he will have warranty issues for the rest of his life with that ECU, that is an undeniable fact it was burnt to a crisp. That's about $1500. As for a refund on the tuning, that's a different story. Steve's not hurting for cash and I think he's just pissed off because he's been lied too so much--without going into further detail I'll leave it at that.

Luke, let this one play out before you go all out the wrong direction. Google "I-Charger scam" and you'll see what investment he lost a good bit on (live and learn). Andrew Moeller (sp?) was also involved. They almost hooked a few ex NBA players however I consulted them prior to investing and they thankfully listened.

The I-Charger was basically a 2.3L Harrop/TVS PD blower with integrated intercooler that would bolt up to a 6.1 Hemi as Weistec's kits do to a M156/M159. Allegedly there were talks going with all domestic OEMs to bring them to their product lines as well, etc. In the end I only ever saw one running on video and it sounded like a garbage disposal definitely some backlash going on inside the blower cover. Anyway, if you care, that's enough to get you started.

Steve's a pretty level headed guy, as I hear you are in person as well Click here to enlarge. He's well respected on the SRT8 boards as a pioneer and before getting blown he had the Q/F N/A Jeep for a while. He in fact has raced 8 second drag boats, built said engines, can tune with stand-alone (I would bet dollars to donuts he knows more than the tuner in question about tuning in general), etc. Also for pioneering his 426 (7.0L Supercharged Jeep SRT8). I told him to go 392 (less stroke going 426 makes for an unstable bottom end with too much piston skirt hanging out at BDC) as I don't like seeing ring grooving at 8-10k miles. He didn't listen and had to rebuild it, then decided to sell as his Jeep had gone beyond the point of a fun daily driver--All true automotive enthusiasts have gone "too far" with regard to going overboard with certain builds. For me it was dropping a $30K engine into a $24k car at 24 YO. That was my moment of clarity LOL. You can't polish a turd.
    Fair enough....but if that is all true then I am even more baffled as to why he would make such petty and veiled threats. Something is not adding up...as usual on these boards. I've seen Jeremy tune via BDM and know that he wouldn't risk his reputation by destroying someones ECU and furthermore respond the way he has in these threads if there wasn't a lot more to the story that someone isn't divulging. Par for the course when it comes to disputes aired on the internet - LOL. Makes for an entertaining read though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fair enough....but if that is all true then I am even more baffled as to why he would make such petty and veiled threats. Something is not adding up...as usual on these boards. I've seen Jeremy tune via BDM and know that he wouldn't risk his reputation by destroying someones ECU and furthermore respond the way he has in these threads if there wasn't a lot more to the story that someone isn't divulging. Par for the course when it comes to disputes aired on the internet - LOL. Makes for an entertaining read though.
    I've heard from other customers that the tuner in question has CMD OBD tuned their ME9.7s as well. Maybe he had an EVC tool at PC but not after? I don't know so I can't answer. I can only say what I've already posted about the burnt hardware (due to excessive heat and too much solder), pads 3,5,7 being grounded to board having seen it in person. Steve watched the tuner solder (and the tuner admitted to using said tool and solder/flux) connectors to his ECU BDM pads in person while he waited.

Think about it, most tunes are via mail so no one has any idea how the controller was read/written.

Again if he had a case there would be nothing on the net and this would all be in atty hands. Not happening for a reason.

The threats are not veil (I'm not sure he could have been more clear) nor petty. Those are serious agencies with substantial power. My books are in order, and I have had $3M in comm liab insurance since day 1, we are also a registered business in the state of OH (see who isn't).
    Last edited by MHP LLC; 09-30-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am staying the hell outta this one lol, but I will say to those that think that the emissions folks take months and months to take any action your sorely mistaken. We have been down that road, only to have someone from the EPA show up at the chi shop when we had it days after a phone call was made by a "anonymous person"
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've heard from other customers that the tuner in question has CMD OBD tuned their ME9.7s as well. Maybe he had an EVC tool at PC but not after? I don't know so I can't answer. I can only say what I've already posted about the burnt hardware (due to excessive heat and too much solder), pads 3,5,7 being grounded to board having seen it in person. Steve watched the tuner solder (and the tuner admitted to using said tool and solder/flux) connectors to his ECU BDM pads in person while he waited.

Think about it, most tunes are via mail so no one has any idea how the controller was read/written.

Again if he had a case there would be nothing on the net and this would all be in atty hands. Not happening for a reason.

The threats are not veil (I'm not sure he could have been more clear) nor petty. Those are serious agencies with substantial power. My books are in order, and I have had $3M in comm liab insurance since day 1, we are also a registered business in the state of OH (see who isn't).
    I was also curious about that andy. Did steve want the ability to switch tunes via obd and hence the soldering by jeremy on the 9.7?
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    I was also curious about that andy. Did steve want the ability to switch tunes via obd and hence the soldering by jeremy on the 9.7?
    This is a good question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was nothing malicious about the post, it was a statement of facts from Steve's perspective. JMHO.
    The malicious part was sort of how he was essentially making a list of threats and dangling it out there as if to say, "I'm gonna get you hee hee hee."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    The malicious part was sort of how he was essentially making a list of threats and dangling it out there as if to say, "I'm gonna get you hee hee hee."
    As it was passed on to me by Steve: Being ignored about potentially dangerous A/Fs for pump gas esp 91 on indepedent dyno, no map changes between dynos when sold as a "dyno tune", audible detonation, part throttle hesitation, grabbing the wrong gear at part throttle, part throttle jerkiness/stumbling, car shutting off while driving on highway, and then what was found as far as ECU hardware damage (now bringing into question any warranty issues and single solution of a replacement ecu for $1500 which won't be covered by the tuner that did the damage)... I think at least from Steve's perspective those claims may be valid. That's just MHO again though.

I actually don't think he was dangling anything, it was more like a what's next list.

Steve is his own man and will do what he deems necessary like all grown-ups.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only reason to use a CMD BDM interface (especially without pogo pin) would be if a EVC BDM wasn't readily available or accessible. I do know (via emails) that there are more than a few customers that have had their ECUs tuned this way by the tuner in question. It is an acceptable means IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. If not, well I think we both know what happens then.

The ability to switch tunes, unless I'm mistaken would mean a USB type storage/flash device to store the other files on. However this method still requires opening the ecu at l least once to flip a security byte. If MB does a dealer update it again needs to be opened. Finally from what we have seen (not speaking for anyone else) they are not overly reliable which is why we don't use them.

So no it wouldn't matter which tool he used, though I don't know anyone that uses a CDM without pogo pin for ME9.7s.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As it was passed on to me by Steve: Being ignored about potentially dangerous A/Fs for pump gas esp 91 on indepedent dyno, no map changes between dynos when sold as a "dyno tune", audible detonation, part throttle hesitation, grabbing the wrong gear at part throttle, part throttle jerkiness/stumbling, car shutting off while driving on highway, and then what was found as far as ECU hardware damage (now bringing into question any warranty issues and single solution of a replacement ecu for $1500 which won't be covered by the tuner that did the damage)... I think at least from Steve's perspective those claims may be valid. That's just MHO again though.

I actually don't think he was dangling anything, it was more like a what's next list.

Steve is his own man and will do what he deems necessary like all grown-ups.
    I don't get it, why do other tunes on the M156 from OE run fine and this one he is presenting as being so bad? Why would there be such a large discrepancy if this was true?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't get it, why do other tunes on the M156 from OE run fine and this one he is presenting as being so bad? Why would there be such a large discrepancy if this was true?
    I can't speculate, it's not my place and there are dozens of potential answers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't speculate, it's not my place and there are dozens of potential answers.
    This whole thing is a giant mess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Whomever posts there under " sales@oetuning " name is a punk. Instead of telling their side of story about this situation, he is talking about MHP's bad reputation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Whomever posts there under " sales@oetuning " name is a punk. Instead of telling their side of story about this situation, he is talking about MHP's bad reputation.
    It's classic misdirection. To what end, is for each to decide on his/her own.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast