Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Site Hacked

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

MHP Site Hacked

In 4 years this is the first time our site has ever been hacked (just the main page). Timing wise one has to wonder if there is any coincidence with this thread:

http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...cal-tuner.html

That's the beauty of this business, tell the truth about the work performed on a customer's ecu and have your site hacked. Love it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is utterly ridiculous that things come to that point if the events are actually related.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I truly hope not, it appears many other sites have been hacked as well so at this point we can't confirm or deny, we're just getting the site back up asap and will look into it further after.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Back up and running.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who was the southern california tuner mentioned in the MBW thread?
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Who was the southern california tuner mentioned in the MBW thread?
    I am curious as well. Just says socal, which is apparently 2 tuners.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I am curious as well. Just says socal, which is apparently 2 tuners.
    nothing bothers me more than some idiot starting a thread complaining about an issue with a product or vendor and then being to much of a pussy to name said product or vendor.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MHP was hacked by "Tiger M@te" and apparently were we just a casualty (ill timed as it was), one of 700K claimed sites hacked in 1 day.

http://thehackernews.com/2011/09/inm...rinity-fm.html

Credit Propain for the find.

My apologies if this mislead or offended anyone, you have to admit the timing was spot on lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

sorry to hear that happened, been there before. The timing was pretty screwy though, we had thought the same at first. Dedicated server FTW.....

oh, and I have a feeling more info on the other issue will come out, it always does..
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

few of my ex costumers got hacked also =D should of stayed with my hosting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    check out that thread now, new info. Lots of drama. Entertaining to read.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    check out that thread now, new info. Lots of drama. Entertaining to read.
    Ya, it looks like the cat is out of the bag, looks like its OE Tuning. It also appears OE is putting Evotech tunes in peoples cars and selling them as his own, or at least that's what I am taking from it. The fact that Jeremy posted the customers full VIN is also not cool, if I. Paid a tunerfor a product or service that could potentially void my warranty and then that tuner posted my vin in a public forum I would be more than a little pissed.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Ya, it looks like the cat is out of the bag, looks like its OE Tuning. It also appears OE is putting Evotech tunes in peoples cars and selling them as his own, or at least that's what I am taking from it. The fact that Jeremy posted the customers full VIN is also not cool, if I. Paid a tunerfor a product or service that could potentially void my warranty and then that tuner posted my vin in a public forum I would be more than a little pissed.
    ya, have to agree that was in extremely poor taste....

Expecially since its well known that the folks at MB read the forums and can easily void him....
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    ya, have to agree that was in extremely poor taste....

Expecially since its well known that the folks at MB read the forums and can easily void him....
    Hopefully he's not hearing too much ticking!
    Some MB troll is like, "hey boss, I just found another M156 we won't have to warranty, hahaha"
    Score one for the bad guys!
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully he's not hearing too much ticking!
    Some MB troll is like, "hey boss, I just found another M156 we won't have to warranty, hahaha"
    Score one for the bad guys!
    ya unfortunately... we have also heard of warrenty companies denying claims etc after searching the boards
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ sick bastards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    MHP was hacked by "Tiger M@te" and apparently were we just a casualty (ill timed as it was), one of 700K claimed sites hacked in 1 day.

My apologies if this mislead or offended anyone, you have to admit the timing was spot on lol.
    You should tell Propain to also give credit to Sun Tzu when quoting...LOL, what a douche.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    ya unfortunately... we have also heard of warrenty companies denying claims etc after searching the boards
    Rule #1: No names
    Rule #2: No photos

Auto manufacturers have people that lurk and participate on forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Rule #1: No names
    Rule #2: No photos

Auto manufacturers have people that lurk and participate on forums.
    that they do...as well as epa and the like. We get calls all the time about our tuning etc. Rember folks..."off road use only"

Click here to enlarge
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge

No problem Andy. Glad you got it restored so quickly. It was really strange timing though, I can understand the suspicion. I would consider moving hosts. Not that it would help anyhow. That hackers group is really good at what they do.

LZH, I updated that quote for ya. Pretty well known and I was just messing around, but you are right, I should have given credit. Click here to enlarge
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    No problem Andy. Glad you got it restored so quickly. It was really strange timing though, I can understand the suspicion. I would consider moving hosts. Not that it would help anyhow. That hackers group is really good at what they do.

LZH, I updated that quote for ya. Pretty well known and I was just messing around, but you are right, I should have given credit. Click here to enlarge
    so true, thats why we always use dedicated servers. It was a skilled hack, compounded with crappy system maintenance and security on the host side.
    If someone gets access to the primary management server its game over.
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

To sum it up: The OP's post and OE's

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sgtstanko Click here to enlarge
    I decided to pull the trigger on a tune offered by a local SOCAL tuner. After the tune I noticed that the engine definetly made more power but at the expense of driveability. The tune seem to confuse the tranny functions. The timing of the part to half throttle downshift seemed to be hit and miss, but when it did downshift right before the upshift the engine shuttered and surged!Click here to enlarge. Most times on the street and freeway during part throttle acceleration I could clearly hear engine detonation..:eek:. I emailed the tuner and stated the engine seemed lean and several other independent dyno pulls seemed to prove this. After several times having the car go into complete disabling "Limp Mode" while on the freeway I decided this tune had to go!!

I decided to have the car flashed back to stock. The dealer had trouble "forcing" it but after several attempts they thought it worked. The car still behaved erratically so I decided to send the ECU into MHP.

It appears that the stock tune did not take and the "local tuners" tune was still in the ECU, and in fact it was an EvoTech 105 race tune and not the local tuners 91 street tune. This is a tune that runs 31 degrees of timing and a leaner than most A/F ratio. Fine for race gas and track events but should not be sold as a street tune!! No wonder it ran lean and constantly detonated at part throttle on 91 pump fuel as indicated by the WOT A/F found on Run 009. This situation potentially made my engine a ticking detonating time bomb! Also the pads and board had been damaged due to over solderinging. I thought this was a simple upload....this is like a 1980's chip soldering!

In the coming weeks I will be sending the ECU back to MHP for the 93 octane tune and will post the comparison. I understand this information isnt track times but the dyno is a good tuning and measurement tool so to at least compare data.

All dyno sessions were conducted in 4th gear, at same dyno, operator, same time of day and weather and all with Mobil 91 fuel.

The dyno sheet is as follows;
    Run 002 is completely stock
    Run 009 is Evotech 105 tune(actually dyno graph reads a blip at the end, probably 5hp high)
    Run 012 is MHP 91 Octane Tune

Click here to enlarge

Although the MHP 91 octane tune does not yield the additional power, it is not noticeable on the street..... the acceleration is now smooth and linear. Obviously the fuel and timing curves are well planned and the throttle body opening is quick and wide open! Part throttle dwnshifts are RIGHT NOW with no hesitation, surging or shutter at upshift. Trans shift smooth but firm and the engine no longer labors during low and part throttle street acceleration. I am extremely HAPPY with the MHP tune and look forward to trying the 93 tune.

I had the dyno operator do a pull in 5th gear(013) vs 4th gear and the results are as shown.

Click here to enlarge

BTW...here is the tune as it reads out with my VIN and EvoTech signature.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING Click here to enlarge
    Here are the facts:
    1. No Evotech tune was ever written into any car/ecu by OE Tuning (including SGT's car).
    2. There was never this byte sequence in the file read/written to SGT's car/ecu by OE Tuning.
    3. The software version read/written to/from SGT's car, 1037506908, is a more recent version read from many 2011 vehicles.
    4. The software version (of the said ET screenshot), 1037394899, does not come on a 2011 model C63 AMG (SGT's car is a 2011 model C63 AMG). It is an old version found on 2008 model C63 AMGs.
    5. 1037394899 software version cannot be written to an ECU with a newer version.
    6. This screenshot is false.

This matter is extremely serious if a competing vendor has supplied falsified information.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING Click here to enlarge
    Still no explanation by the OP and the supplier of the falsified screenshot?
    What has happen to the accusers and their agenda? Please speak up.
    Names have also been called by the OP that are unfounded and I am demanding an online explaination and appology.

There does not seem to be any reason to remove any information related to the facts in this accusation, as the OP already posted a screenshot with his VIN as the file name first.

Moderators, there is a serious issue here of slander here against a sponsor. Falsified information has been supplied to a customer and member of this forum by a banned tuner from this forum, with motives to destroy the reputation of OE Tuning, the direct competition that made more power on the dyno when comparing tunes. It is obvious that the "105 octane tune", and the information surrounding another tuner were made up to gain a competitive advantage in this online forum and marketplace and to explain why the power levels of the competing tune were so.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sgtstanko Click here to enlarge
    Hey Eric
    I dont know why I am getting so involved(or attached) but I want to put up some photos and hopefully put this thing to rest and request the admins close this thread.

Earlier this year I contacted OE and MHP about a 91 street tune and 2nd race style tune for VP109.... and decided to go with OE. I went with OE based on the fact he (Jeremy of O/E) told me he could "dyno tune". A "real dyno tune" is running your vehicle under load and calibrating to the needs of your particular engine. This is what I am used to seeing and performing in past vehicles/bikes. I specifically asked him (Jeremy of O/E) if he could custom calibrate air fuel/timing and cooling fan settings to my desires. He(Jeremy of O/E) stated he could. I arrived at the shop and was impressed by the dyno set up. He removed the ECU and went into a small disorganized room which had a lap top, cables, connectors, jumpers, black boxes and shipping boxes, a small rack, soldering equipment and boxes he set everything on top of. He (Jeremy of O/E) proceeded to open the ECU and state to me that he very carefully opens the ECU so the dealer can never suspect it has been tuned. He (Jeremy of O/E tuning) stated "not like MHP who covers the exterior of the ECU in epoxy and makes it very obvious it has been tampered with". How would i ever know this? These are your words Jeremy of O/E Tuning!!

I then observed him(Jeremy of O/E) solding inside my ECU. I thought this was strange since I figured this was a download not a hard chip. I thought, how is he going to change the cells I wanted customized?

This is about the time you (Eric) arrived.

He reinstalled it and ran it on the dyno. I then asked him to make some changes to the cooling fans and told me he could not. I noticed that the A/F on his equipment was showing around 12.8 to 12.9. I asked Jeremy(of O/E) if this was normal to run that lean on a street engine. He told me this was fine. I told him I thought it needed to be adjusted a bit richer. He (Jeremy of O/E) stated it could not, and this tune has been developed on his car and it will be fine. He stated it worked so why adjust anything.

Eric - Do you remember how I was disappointed by the numbers and air fuel ratio? Do you remember I brought along 5 gallons of VP109 so he(Jeremy of O/E) could develope a 2nd race tune? After all he (Jeremy of O/E) stated he could perform two tunes, and in fact had a storage tool for the custom race tune so I could load it back and forth into the vehicle. This was more chicanery. He had no such device. He (Jeremy of O/E) again stated to me this was the same street tune in his car and didnt require a 2nd tune. So I requested we run this 91 street tune on the VP109. Eric, do you remember that the VP109 fuel made the engine produce something like 15hp/15ft lbs? Through the entire RPM range!!! That is HUGE at the crank much less rear wheel!! Remember how the 109 oxygenated fuel richened up the A/F to the 12.3 range?

As I stated, the following week I called and emailed Jeremy about the lean WOT issues. This is reflected going back to my June independent dyno tests and postings conducted at Racer Edge Tuning in Downey California. He(Jeremy of O/E) stated there was no way it could be running that lean when his shop lamba device showed 12.8. The constant detonation and high speed limp mode was the straw that broke the camels back.

Eric, (and other members) in closing I hope this clears up all the ambiguity this was not the original purpose of the thread and I have stated the facts leading up to this point. The MHP tune as I am sure other tunes would have, made the vehicle perform flawlessly in comparison. My posting #1 has no yeast and is in fact how it runs. The shifts, the down shifts and throttle response and flawless and smooth. I am sure others with the O/E tune run flawlessly as they have stated, but out here on 91 octane this tune wreaked havoc on my power train. Now whether or not Jeremy has his own tune or installs this EvoTech tune I dont know and really dont care at this point. This is my story and i am sticking to it....period!!

Here are some photos of the soldering work performed by Jeremy of O/E Tuning. I dont believe this is normal but what do I know? I do know that I nor those I have dealt with in the past have done this to any American vehicle. I would think a 70k Euro vehicle we would be further along in tuning technology.

Hardware shots show( I am told) that Jeremy uses a CMD OBD interface which must be soldered (which I saw him do in person) to the board versus an EVC BDM tool which doesn't require solder. The burn maks cant be removed which if I went to the dealer with an issue would surely void my warranty. Now imagine Evotech race gas tune + 91 octane = Blown Motor with obviously tampered ECU. Who's going to pay $67K? Jeremy of O/E??

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't get it....why would Jeremy be soldering when I have seen him use BDM to load tunes ?? Doesn't make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a reply from Jeremy regarding the issue.

Here is how things played out:

1. SGT called wanting a tune on the dyno and came in for a dyno tune.
    We do not offer "steady state" tuning requiring emulation, as OE Tuning does not own ETK for ME9.7 emulation.
    Dyno tuning is done with dynoing and logging in the case of C63 AMGs.
    Between each run changes are made to better the run before.
    The vehicle had MHP headers and were removed due to them being to loud before dynoing.
    Dynoing was done with factory stock exhaust.

2. The car was strapped on the dyno and run for the baseline, running CA91.
    Then the ecu was tuned for CA91 premium pump gas.
    There was only ever OE Tuning tunes programmed to ECU, with OE Tuning sig.
    Version 1037394899 was never programmed to the ecu as the screenshot suggests. Nor was what is being accused programmed to the ecu.
    Tuning is precise changes and there were no mistakes made. OE Tuning is professional about their products and the way each tune is carried out.
    Version 1037394899 (ET screenshot SW version), is from a different 2008 model C63. (compare these numbers to verify succession)
    The byte sequence from the screen shot was never present in the read or the write by OE Tuning. This software version, 1037394899 is not found on any 2011 models.
    This byte sequence does is not present in version 1037506908.
    Software version 1037506908, is the software found on many 2011 C63s.

3. The method required to tune a Bosch ME9.7 ecu does require the ecu be opened and a probe be in contact with pads on the circuit board for reading and writing to be successful.
    The probe that did not require any soldering was damaged at the time, so an alternate tool that required tracks to be soldered to the ecu for communication was used. This is an accepted method of tuning.
    Regularly soldering is not needed with these ecus, but there are many methods to get the same result.
    To get a clean "bead" of solder, "flux" is used. Flux is a yellow liquid that ensures solder only "stick" to metalic pads. Flux ensures no "shot circuits" or "bridged connections". Flux does not cause "shot circuits" or "bridged connections' and is safe and used while soldering to circuit boards. After the heat of the soldering iron has been applied to the area applied with flux, the alcohol content in the flux evaporates leaving a brown "honey like" flux.
    The flux is routinely cleaned off after use and it does not look like the flux was cleaned off in this particular case.
    Leaving flux on a circuit board has never been seen to cause issues.

4. After the fuel level was run low on the dyno (almost empty tank), the OP asked if we could put MS109 race gasoline in the car to see the results.
    MS109 was poured into the gas tank and the results are in the attached dynograph.
    MS109 was run using the CA91 pump gas tune.
    As ignition additive adaption timing was adjusted, the correct amount of ignition advance would be added in when a higher octane race gas is used. The ECU can determine gasoline quality through adaptation processes.
    This is why the OE Tuning pump gas tune gets better results at the track when comparing results run with Premium pump gas and High octane Race gas.
    Please take note of Air/Fuel ratio as there are no signs of any "lean" running condition.
    There was never any knock seen while dynoing the vehicle.

5. The OP said he would be getting independent dynoing, which was encouraged by OE Tuning.
    After the independent dyno results were run, the OP contacted OE Tuning reporting the "lean" fuel mixture seen on the dyno.
    OE Tuning requested dynographs to support this.
    As this was not what was seen on OE Tuning's dyno, the question was asked if perhaps the wideband O2 sensor at the other dyno shop could have been fouled.
    The option to come in for a run on OE Tuning's dyno to check if indeed this is the case was an option given to the OP.
    There was never any mention of shut offs, knocking or anything other than the "lean mixture" seen on the dyno as the concern.
    Parts can go bad from time to time, and it was very unlikely a brand new 2011 C63 would have any issues with the O2 sensors on the vehicle, unless the possibility of being fouled by running different fuels.

6. The option to come in for verification of the said fuel mixture was never taken and this is where the communication with the OP ceased.
    It was thought that perhaps all was well and resolved at this time, as there was no further communication to support any issues.

MHP glues epoxy to the circuit board to avoid thier tunes being read out. OE Tuning does not approve of this practice. Many MHP customers have had OE Tuning retune thier ecu once the "buy another ecu" bomb is dropped for a reflash/retune as the option from Andy/MHP. A shot of this will be provided.
    MHP is a banned user on this forum that uses the "troll" accounts "JH Davis" and "R Stevens" to get thier message accross. Can mnoderators please look into this?
    Did MHP edit and rename this screenshot to wrongly accuse OE Tuning of something which OE Tuning did not do? Yes, they did. Is this the weak explaination MHP and Andy give the customer once dyno numbers comparing OE and MHP tunes, result in OE Tuning make higher numbers on pump gas? Yes, it is. It is very obvious that after the MHP numbers were lower than promised, the lies started to explain why their power numbers are so. "Blame it on another tuner with a higher octane tune". Also there is nothing in the information provided in the OP's screenshot to display VIN or even if it was a tune for high octane. More than likely it was taken from an Evotech tune from "09". MHP V1 tunes were supplied by Evotech through B&G Chrysler and now MHP use reputable German tuner Techtec for V3 tuning. The same tune is available for cheaper through other resellers like Eurotec.
    MHP, time to supply the information in support of your accusations or get of this forum. Jealousy has no place in the tuning business and is an immature approach at best.
    Anyone wanting an explaination of byte comparisons and software version comparisons, please email me. sales@oetuning.com Attached ThumbnailsClick here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

This is like a soap opera.Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    when is it ever not....
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast