Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Thumbs down Gov. Welfare Fail First Hand Account

Did you guys see the article a couple of days ago, I believe it was on yahoo, about how the government has given out an insane amount of money(cant remember the #) in welfare mistakes? Well, here's my story.....

I have a 15 year old daughter and her mom(we were never married) has had custody of her up until recently. Her mom is pretty worthless...didn't like to work, and when she did, she wouldn't keep the job for too long. She ended up having another kid with some guy she married, they got a divorce. Anyway, I found out recently that they were on all the welfare available...medicaid, food stamps, my daughter was even on the free lunch plan at school(on top of my child support and the fact that I paid for everything else she needed, ie. school clothes, dance, cheerleading, $#@! like that.) I was pissed to find this out especially because I have really good insurance and my daughter is obviously covered on it.

I recently got custody of my daughter and she moved in with me. We got a letter in the mail from the welfare office wanting to know our income so they could renew it. I didn't give them our income because I don't think it their business. Anyway, I returned the signed form checking the box that said we will NOT be renewing and thought that was that. This was about a month ago.

My daughter has crohn's disease pretty bad so she has to get a remicade infusion every 8 weeks. I took in the other day and told them I needed to cancel the use of the medicaid and just use my insurance since my daughter now lives with me and we don't qualify. She looked it up and told me that she is still eligible, I told her no she needed to take it off an only run it through my insurance. She kind of got $#@!ty so I told her that we make way too much money to be on medicaid and then she got even more $#@!ty with me. I told her that I didnt want it but she wouldn't listen.

So, I go home and check the mail(That same day). There is an envelope addressed to my daughter. I open it up and see "You are approved for medicaid"!!!! I'm like WTF!!!!!! I read on and it has a section telling you that you can appeal the decision. I realize this is probably for people that get declined. I need to appeal this and get it unapproved so I skim the rest of it and see things like court date, cant afford a lawyer one will be appointed. I am not going to miss work, hire a lawyer and deal with the BS to get this taken off. I am going to call the number and tell them I want it cancelled. If they tell me I have to have a hearing then I guess my daughter will be stuck with free government insurance because I will not jump through hoops just because they are dumb asses!

I don't know what is wrong with these $#@!ing people. I wonder if I should apply for food stamps just to see if I can get it.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That is $#@!ing ridiculous. Such a waste of money. Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

So it's easier to get on welfare than it is to get off of it? That's just irresponsible and unethical. Don't they hire people to cut costs around those places?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If you are on welfare you and your children should be randomly drug tested. If you fail, you loose it. I am personally sick and $#@!en tried of paying for these low lives that can't amount to anything due to straight up lack of care or laziness.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2nr1 Click here to enlarge
    If you are on welfare you and your children should be randomly drug tested. If you fail, you loose it. I am personally sick and $#@!en tried of paying for these low lives that can't amount to anything due to straight up lack of care or laziness.
    Word.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Wow. That's all I have to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

That is a messed up story and I'm not sure what to say. I would have guessed you were a lot younger than you apparently are (due to just the messing around posting on funny subjects and whatnot) but I like that you are taking responsibility and trying to do the right thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a business in Memphis tn, and i cant tell you how much abuse i see of the system and its so blatant it just pisses me off to no end. I see people sell there food stamp cards for cash. There are a couple of women who are just baby machines popping them out like anything just to get the checks and extra food stamps for the brood. This country needs checks and measures cuz this $#@! is just outta control and crazy. There is a lady that is on all sorts of social assistance programs. Its her job to scam the government and boy does she do it in style. She brags about how much she scams them for. She loves it, no job, nothing to do but smoke up and drink with her government money and drive away in her new zr1. Must be nice while I bust my ass to buy what i want and worry about if i buy it can i afford it and afford to pay for what my family needs lol. / rant over lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by geminidragon Click here to enlarge
    She brags about how much she scams them for. She loves it, no job, nothing to do but smoke up and drink with her government money and drive away in her new zr1.
    You have got to be $#@!ting me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is a messed up story and I'm not sure what to say. I would have guessed you were a lot younger than you apparently are (due to just the messing around posting on funny subjects and whatnot) but I like that you are taking responsibility and trying to do the right thing.
    HAHA...yeah, I'm 36. It's fun to clown around every now and then...Life is too short to be taken too seriously! Also, my wife is 28, so I am good to go! Click here to enlarge

Of course I'm going to do the right thing. Who wouldn't? Well, besides the $#@! with the ZR1.
    Last edited by KB; 09-22-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by geminidragon Click here to enlarge
    I have a business in Memphis tn, and i cant tell you how much abuse i see of the system and its so blatant it just pisses me off to no end. I see people sell there food stamp cards for cash. There are a couple of women who are just baby machines popping them out like anything just to get the checks and extra food stamps for the brood. This country needs checks and measures cuz this $#@! is just outta control and crazy. There is a lady that is on all sorts of social assistance programs. Its her job to scam the government and boy does she do it in style. She brags about how much she scams them for. She loves it, no job, nothing to do but smoke up and drink with her government money and drive away in her new zr1. Must be nice while I bust my ass to buy what i want and worry about if i buy it can i afford it and afford to pay for what my family needs lol. / rant over lol.
    A $#@!ing zr1? WTF?

Do you guys remember when Ol' Dirty Bastard was getting food stamps? This was in his prime when he was making bank. He used to brag about it all the time and even had a news/MTV (cant remember) camera crew follow him around while he bought stuff with the food stamps.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Do you guys remember when Ol' Dirty Bastard was getting food stamps? This was in his prime when he was making bank. He used to brag about it all the time and even had a news/MTV (cant remember) camera crew follow him around while he bought stuff with the food stamps.
    Guy was not exactly balanced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Look what happened to him. RIP.

KB, congrats on getting your kid. I remember when you were starting the process a couple years ago.