Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No

    My car, a crime scene?

    This morning when I got to work and pulled my bag out of the back seat, I found a knife on the floor. It wasn't mine. I never saw it before. Someone must have put it there sometime over the weekend when the top was down.

    The only plausible explanation was that it was used to commit a crime and someone dumped it there. The police just came to my house to get it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    you did the right thing, but you will probably never hear of it unless they come to question you some more

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you did the right thing, but you will probably never hear of it unless they come to question you some more
    That's okay. It only took a phone call. If it helps secure an arrest, that's great.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    This morning when I got to work and pulled my bag out of the back seat, I found a knife on the floor. It wasn't mine. I never saw it before. Someone must have put it there sometime over the weekend when the top was down.

    The only plausible explanation was that it was used to commit a crime and someone dumped it there. The police just came to my house to get it.
    Why would your car have been open for the supposed crook to put it there?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,053
    Rep Points
    2,634.3
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    You called the cops? Don't tell me you called.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    You called the cops? Don't tell me you called.
    He had nothing to hide and potentially there was plenty for the Police to gain.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,053
    Rep Points
    2,634.3
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Just toss it. Why call the cops if you're not a victim? People shouldn't talk to cops. If I see someone on my property, especially with a knife, that's different. but it's just a knife. I wouldn't wan anything to do with it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    722
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4



    Yes Reputation No
    Someone must have dumped it in my car while the top was down and it was parked. Why not turn it over to the police? If that phone call could result in someone charged for a violent crime, it was worth it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,053
    Rep Points
    2,634.3
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    It could come back to you. It's unlikely but still a possibly. Anyway, whoever did it was stupid. That's not a good place to 'get rid' of something. it was probably a kid who didn't want to bring it home.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    It could come back to you. It's unlikely but still a possibly. Anyway, whoever did it was stupid. That's not a good place to 'get rid' of something. it was probably a kid who didn't want to bring it home.
    He did the right thing.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •