Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Obama. Liar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

US infrastructure could really use an upgrade. No matter who promisses it.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

He's so desperate to get re-elected but he has nothing to show for this term. He didn't even go after Osama, he just announced the assassination.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Funny.
    As an outsider I have a different view on US politics.
    IMO he started up to his neck in the $#@! from Bush. War he can not get out of and costs that are rocketing out of control.
    Has had every major change fought over by congres. Republicans blocking every decission he makes which would really be good for the people of the USA.
    Even when he tries to solve the financial crisis, republicans dismantle his bill to an extend that the US loses the AAA status.
    But that is as an outsider.
    You probably see it differently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I'm tired of his trillions in spending and getting us nowhere but paying off special interest groups.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Funny.
    As an outsider I have a different view on US politics.
    IMO he started up to his neck in the $#@! from Bush. War he can not get out of and costs that are rocketing out of control.
    Has had every major change fought over by congres. Republicans blocking every decission he makes which would really be good for the people of the USA.
    Even when he tries to solve the financial crisis, republicans dismantle his bill to an extend that the US loses the AAA status.
    But that is as an outsider.
    You probably see it differently.
    As an outsider you are forgetting many things it that he ran on. The main thing being ending the wars, and ending the patriot act. Guess what those are still going on and getting worse.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I'm tired of his trillions in spending and getting us nowhere but paying off special interest groups.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Kool video post e92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

^ saw that on FB yesterday... As for the OP's vid... "we have a million... blah blah blah" Who's gonna pay them to do the work? The private corporations with the equipment? Who's gonna pay the private corporations? The 14.1 Trillion Dollar Debt ridden Government? I was watching History channel, and they said it would cost 200 Billion just to maintain the bridges, tunnels and Subway system in NYC alone in their current condition, lets not even think about the cost of replacing them... (probably easily a trillion), I can't imagine how much it will cost for the rest of the country... This project could add easily another 1 or 2 trillion to our debt... WTF is Obama thinking?
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    ^ saw that on FB yesterday... As for the OP's vid... "we have a million... blah blah blah" Who's gonna pay them to do the work? The private corporations with the equipment? Who's gonna pay the private corporations? The 14.1 Trillion Dollar Debt ridden Government? I was watching History channel, and they said it would cost 200 Billion just to maintain the bridges, tunnels and Subway system in NYC alone in their current condition, lets not even think about the cost of replacing them... (probably easily a trillion), I can't imagine how much it will cost for the rest of the country... This project could add easily another 1 or 2 trillion to our debt... WTF is Obama thinking?
    He is tricking the simple minded in those crowds by saying hey I will put you to work. Don't worry about the fact we can't afford to pay for it, or the endless wars that are going on. China's got big money and we can just keep the printing press going for as long as we want.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    He is tricking the simple minded in those crowds by saying hey I will put you to work. Don't worry about the fact we can't afford to pay for it, or the endless wars that are going on. China's got big money and we can just keep the printing press going for as long as we want.......
    Lets pay for it all with imaginary money... Money that's backed by, what? God? Nothing? WTF...

Eisenhower warned us... He Warned us this shyt would happen, but no one listened...
    Kennedy and Nixon both tried to change this shyt... Look what happened to both of them... One killed the other disgraced...

I'm afraid even if our favorite Ron Paul got elected, the corrupt Government and big business will do to him what they did to other presidents who went against the status quo... It's the people of this country that need to make change, not government.. It is the people who need to rise up and say "enough is enough"
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Lets pay for it all with imaginary money... Money that's backed by, what? God? Nothing? WTF...

Eisenhower warned us... He Warned us this shyt would happen, but no one listened...
    Kennedy and Nixon both tried to change this shyt... Look what happened to both of them... One killed the other disgraced...

I'm afraid even if our favorite Ron Paul got elected, the corrupt Government and big business will do to him what they did to other presidents who went against the status quo... It's the people of this country that need to make change, not government.. It is the people who need to rise up and say "enough is enough"
    I'm sure they will try, but I think if something happened this time around it may get people really pissed off. I could be wrong many sheeple out there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I just thought he wanted to raise tax to pay for all of this. What the republicans stopped in congress. For one reason Americans always expect more from the governement but noone wants to pay more tax to fund all these plans.
    + you have a bill somewhere for 2 wars you started which your country could not afford in the first place.
    That's what put you back an extra 4 Trilion dollars 4 years ago, and it is crippling and will continue to cripple your country for years to come.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Taxes are a joke in this country... I understand taxes are suppose to help pay the governments bills:

-But when only 40% of the population is taxed and when the Corporations in this country are Tax Exempt, yet are able to get tax refunds in the billions, something is wrong with that.

-When the tax payers have to bail out failing corporations... Those corporations are failing for a reason, let them fail... I helped to bail out GM, do I own a GM model car? No, they didn't do anything for me, why did I bail them out? IF they were meant to fail, let em.

-When they start looking at reducing benefits for vets and active duty soldiers, when they look at the 22% budget of the DoD to help reduce the Debt, they are looking at the wrong thing.

-Big Government needs to look at itself... Why should I as a soldier work for 20 years for a retirement that is 50% of what I made in my last 3 years? When a Senator can work for 4 years and get retirement for the rest of their life... WTF is wrong with that? Most of these senators make 200k after taxes (probably are tax exempt). Plus the millions they make from contributions and donations from special interest groups. And they don't pay taxes on any of it... WTF...

-We Pay foreign countries for the right to supply them with weapons, to produce weapons in their country... IT's our weapons, they are using them against their enemies and yet we are paying them to use them? WTF

-We give money to all these foreign countries for natural and man made disasters... Why? They will never pay back the millions we give them, yet the taxpayers are responsible for helping countries that never help us, and when we fail will not offer us any help... Why are we buying enemies?

^This is what is wrong (its a small part of whats wrong) but it's a start, and no one is looking at the big picture...
    Last edited by FLYING X5; 09-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Who isn't a liar? first qualification of a politician is being a liar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Who isn't a liar? first qualification of a politician is being a liar.
    Mert Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i love when foreigners comment on how much we spend on wars. help us out instead of backseat driving without any of your own boots on the ground. oh thats right...you don't have any.
    those countries that do have a decent military on this planet are not obligated like we have been since WW2 nor would they because they aren't as generous...but we're the big bad evil USA.
    but that's gratitude for ya...its the same in all aspects of life.
    russia doesn't do $#@!. china doesn't do $#@!. and we're caught in a catch 22. we're too generous and too politically correct to get our $#@! outta the middle east and everywhere else that we shouldn't be (or atleast shouldn't be by ourselves)

i'm also sick of people saying that no one will work 'those jobs' that illegal immigrants have filled over the past 2 decades. how do you know? in my field (esp CA) now you gotta be bilingual to get hired for those jobs because the rest of the crew only speaks one language and here's a hint...its not Swahili.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

All I know is at some point Obama has to be judged on his own merit and Bush can't be blamed for everything. Spending more hasn't helped, enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i'm also sick of people saying that no one will work 'those jobs' that illegal immigrants have filled over the past 2 decades. how do you know? in my field (esp CA) now you gotta be bilingual to get hired for those jobs because the rest of the crew only speaks one language and here's a hint...its not Swahili.
    I'd love to see a natural born American do the work I see my housekeeper do for the same amount of money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I just thought he wanted to raise tax to pay for all of this. What the republicans stopped in congress. For one reason Americans always expect more from the governement but noone wants to pay more tax to fund all these plans.
    + you have a bill somewhere for 2 wars you started which your country could not afford in the first place.
    That's what put you back an extra 4 Trilion dollars 4 years ago, and it is crippling and will continue to cripple your country for years to come.
    Americans with brains in their heads ask less and less from the government, because they don't need any help from anyone. It's the idiots who get themselves ass deep in credit card debt or are too dumb/lazy to take advantage of capitalism (i.e. most of our country) that want more from the government.
    Modded TT 300zx now for sale, PM me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nickr519 Click here to enlarge
    Americans with brains in their heads ask less and less from the government, because they don't need any help from anyone. It's the idiots who get themselves ass deep in credit card debt or are too dumb/lazy to take advantage of capitalism (i.e. most of our country) that want more from the government.
    or the ones who get fired and are unemployed for many years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i love when foreigners comment on how much we spend on wars. help us out instead of backseat driving without any of your own boots on the ground. oh thats right...you don't have any.
    those countries that do have a decent military on this planet are not obligated like we have been since WW2 nor would they because they aren't as generous...but we're the big bad evil USA.
    but that's gratitude for ya...its the same in all aspects of life.
    russia doesn't do $#@!. china doesn't do $#@!. and we're caught in a catch 22. we're too generous and too politically correct to get our $#@! outta the middle east and everywhere else that we shouldn't be (or atleast shouldn't be by ourselves)
    This is exactly why I normally do not go into any discussion with Americans.
    Their ignorance on this subject is nothing but insulting on so many levels.
    Your president was stupid enough to invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks, but he was not stupid enough to do it on his own. Not without NATO support.
    Dutch marine vessels were in the Persian Gulf right next to your aircraft carriers, our F16's flew next to Brittish Tornado's right after your stealth planes and cruise missiles were there. They helped sustaine airspace supriority. Dutch Apaches helped fight as well.
    Dutch soldiers were the main force in Uruzgan for what was supposed to be a 5 year mission. They died there fighting the Taliban, due to road side bombs and US friendly fire thank you very much. They were doing it so well that they were a rolemodel for all other armies on how to deal with local authorities.Hell, our last governement even fell over the 3rd lengthening of that mission.
    Remember Srebrenitsa Yougoslavia? Probably not. Dutch military were in the $#@! then due to USA command there. Google it if you like.
    Since World war 2? You are serious right? NATO is USA and nothing else? You think that? After Korea and Vietnam every war fought by the USA was under NATO flag.
    And yes, the USA is very capable of creating it's own enemies. As you may or may not know Russia had invaded Afganistan long before the USA did. They were fought by the Mudja Hadin. You know, the people on horseback from Rambo 3, funded by the CIA to fight the big bad Russians who invaded their country. The people who'se nephews were flying the planes on 9/11, because they decided they did not want anyone interfere with their country. Guess who did the same 10 years later.
    You should listen more to what Ron Paul has to say about war in the middle east. He is very right. You should not have been there in the first place. You are there because an american president saw it as a golden opportunity to get his secont term due to patriotism, which he did get. And he funded it by keeping the presses rolling, devaluating the Dollar by 40% and destroying 2 countries to a point where you now can not leave these countries because they are too weak to defend themselves against the very people you wanted to drive out of there.
    And now the devaluation of the Dollar has China pissed, because they already own the USA and see their investment devaluate even further.
    And No, no other country is stupid enough to interfear with some other country half a world away because the price for that could destroy your home economy. You should know that by now.
    Last edited by DavidV; 09-08-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I was listening to NPR yesterday, the mall of americas interrogated an old man who was of middle eastern descent because he forgot his cellphone in the food-court. Now there is an 11 page report on this poor old man who did nothing wrong than be a bit absent-minded.

Another employee from that mall was fired because he wanted "nuclear obliteration of a satanic trash can."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i agree with alot of what Ron Paul has to say. please don't compare Dutch military efforts to ours.
    no offense but the simple difference in population, economy, training, etc to stop any serious threats by their lonesome isn't even hypothetically viable.
    NATO, UN, what are these without the United States? honestly and this isn't bragging...its a serious question.
    if you want to look at Bush's decision to go into Iraq has a re-election stunt that's fine (and most likely true). the personal motive for the invasion may not be as honorable as he would like us to think but YES since WW2 we've somehow been given/allowed/taken (whatever you want to call it) this obligatory role as world police. And no rational person can argue that any other country could step into that role at this current time nor any time prior to WW2. Ron Paul says the cost of war is bleeding us dry but he hasn't touched on what will happen if we did just vanish from all points of the globe leaving this massive void in its stead.
    i'm not claiming to know whether having a military presence worldwide was a wise decision.
    what i am claiming to know is that (yup, you guessed it..since WW2) we have been doing it and the repercussions of a full 180 back to our own borders is unknown.
    however this perceived responsibility came about isn't of concern to me however fascinating it is. what does concern me is how do we as Americans get out of this role.
    remember we used to be like the rest of the world BEFORE WW2 'that's happening over there...it doesn't not concern us nor can we afford it' and after pearl harbor it all changed.
    it was almost like being in a huge crowd watching a brawl til you get sucker punched (pearl harbor) and its like ok...guess we're no longer spectators...lets get involved.
    no foreign policy since than has been as black and white or as unanimously praised as our efforts back then. its sad, its cost us so many lives, its A PORTION of why our economy is in the $#@!ter (NOT to be confused with the sole reason for our economic downturn) and like most favors..about the time it's coming to completion...that's about the time we get kicked in the teeth.
    i'd like nothing more than to have all our troops stateside. then reassess how much is actually needed to fund our military now that we're not bleeding on every continent.
    Did our military presence become increasingly muddled with protecting ever increasing contracts in the middle east? yes
    Did we fail to realize that we cannot just force a nation to adopt a democratic republic? yes, more than once but its typical non-american ignorance that says with out pause that all our foreign policy save for the Nazi Germany - apparently that we can all agree on yet a microcosm of such an aggression like oh i don't know... Kuwait doesn't warrant action? yea...ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    or the ones who get fired and are unemployed for many years.
    They are fired because they chose to do something wrong, dont know how to do their job, or are working in the wrong industry! They stay unemployed because they dont want to work! Its that simple. But who can blame them when they get the same amount of money sitting on their ass as they would flipping burgers or cleaning bathrooms without the value of productivity.

When a man can create $150,000 a year income by picking up dog crap here in the United States I have no sorrow for anyone who says they are out of work! Bottom line is the government can NOT put you back to work, only you can do that! The government can however enable people to be unproductive....they certainly do that well here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast