Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wow, I do 3x14 with 190 lbs, then 3x10 with 225 lbs, and im nowhere big as you... After that I do incline bench 4x12 with 60 lbs on each hand and 2x10 with 70 lbs... Followed by a couple of chest machines, and then I do back... twice or 3 times a week.

Guess I need a diet or something... My only supps are 2 cans of tuna at night and a tomatoe lol. Everybody tells me to try whey protein and stuff, but I just wont do, as natural as It might be... Just not my cup of tea.

Im starting to be very exhausted tough... Im a sleepyhead all day long. I used to do 1 30 hours of intensive cardio before lifting, but I've cut off... Im only doing 10 intensive cardio mins as someone told me thats the best way to cut fat. I also started to having a day off, I used to do this 7 days a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Boosted1 Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I do 3x14 with 190 lbs, then 3x10 with 225 lbs, and im nowhere big as you... After that I do incline bench 4x12 with 60 lbs on each hand and 2x10 with 70 lbs... Followed by a couple of chest machines, and then I do back... twice or 3 times a week.

Guess I need a diet or something... My only supps are 2 cans of tuna at night and a tomatoe lol. Everybody tells me to try whey protein and stuff, but I just wont do, as natural as It might be... Just not my cup of tea.

Im starting to be very exhausted tough... Im a sleepyhead all day long. I used to do 1 30 hours of intensive cardio before lifting, but I've cut off... Im only doing 10 intensive cardio mins as someone told me thats the best way to cut fat. I also started to having a day off, I used to do this 7 days a week.
    The picture could also be deceiving. How old are you, what's your height, weight, and bf% estimate? I usually don't recommend cardio on before lifting, or even on lifting days for that matter. If you going to do it, do it at the end of your workout. I'm only 185lbs but under 10% body fat. Honestly, I don't notice a difference whether I take protein or not. There's nothing unhealthy about it, but if it's benefiting me it is just from the extra calories I'm getting from it. I think you may benefit from a good multi vitamin, and Amino-Acid supplement. Try out Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. It's one of my favorite supps.

You might be doing to much volume. Look up adrenal fatigue. I had a hard time reducing volume because I didn't feel like I was getting a good workout unless I did a ton of reps. Talking to some order lifters I've learned that less is more, and that emphasis needs to be put on recovery time. You grow when you rest. I also never do any workout until failure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

My workout routine was somewhat simar to yours. I kept at it for a month and a half straight, just working out. I love to do shrugs for some reason, as my traps blew up in something like 2 weeks. My upper body was slimming down and i was getting some definition. The weird part was I was just there maybe an hour a day, sometimes I felt like I pushed myself, other days I didnt, but I always saw results. Slow and steady wins the race.

This was before i even started on the protein stuff. Then my friend told me I should do a lot of carido as that will help burn the fat in my gut. So I did, for almost 4 weeks straight i would do cardio followed by a few crunches or maybe a leg workout.

At my peak I was jogging 5.5 miles a session, and cooling down for 2 miles. The last day I did it, I must have done something to my ankle because the next morning I fell to the floor when I got out of bed. I kinda stopped after that to let my ankle heal up, it was almkst a year before I started jogging again.

I cant wait for the winter time. Less customers = more time to look good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Working out is 70% eating habits and 30% actually working out.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

The guy is big, and you aren't small either lol.
    And you were complaining about your ET Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    The picture could also be deceiving. How old are you, what's your height, weight, and bf% estimate? I usually don't recommend cardio on before lifting, or even on lifting days for that matter. If you going to do it, do it at the end of your workout. I'm only 185lbs but under 10% body fat. Honestly, I don't notice a difference whether I take protein or not. There's nothing unhealthy about it, but if it's benefiting me it is just from the extra calories I'm getting from it. I think you may benefit from a good multi vitamin, and Amino-Acid supplement. Try out Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. It's one of my favorite supps.

You might be doing to much volume. Look up adrenal fatigue. I had a hard time reducing volume because I didn't feel like I was getting a good workout unless I did a ton of reps. Talking to some order lifters I've learned that less is more, and that emphasis needs to be put on recovery time. You grow when you rest. I also never do any workout until failure.
    Why no cardio before lifting or on lifting days?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Well. before lifting I feel ruins all of your lifts. Most people are too tired to their full potential, and when your tired form is usually nonexistent. As far as no cardio at all, that comes with my assumption that most people aren't eating enough to make gains. Doing cardio is only going to set you further into a calorie deficit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very cool. I had a couple of his dvd's. The first one was great. He did a ton of eating out, and loved a certain BBQ sauce. It was very inspiring to watch him put up a couple 200lb dumbbells and the dead lifts...incredible.

I had a full free weight gym in my basement until back problems (2 surgeries to date). Everything was great until it wasn't, now going for a 5 mile walk is a workout. Pushups, pullups, dips, light db curls are all that I can do. Anything else, I will be back in the ER.

Was fun while it lasted. For example, 5 years ago, as part of my back workout, I was doing 5 sets of 10 pullups with 60lbs chained around my waist, now doing that with just body weight is my goal. I went from 6'4" 240lbs to 210lbs, but the kicker is I lost 50lbs of muscle and put on 20lbs of fat. Stomach is still relatively flat though.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

hes always at this gym called powerhouse by my house in long island

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Awesome Ronnie C. always looks like he interacts with fans and is a super nice guy. Nice to see that he's approachable even when he's lifting while a lot of these pro body builders and power lifters say $#@! like: "Don't bother me when I lift or I'll punch you in the face or throw a 45 at you." My favorite body builder was Kevin Levrone, a total genetic freak, this is him out of shape when he tried his movie career. Funny:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ronnie Coleman ain't even huge anymore. Phil Heath is $#@!ing huge.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

^ That just doesn't look right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

He should be on his way to becoming Mr. Olympia if he keeps getting better....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

He took 2nd last year. Jay Cutler has been difficult to beat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm surprised to see so many bodybuilding fans here. Anybody here into the powerlifting/strongman side?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

csb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I'm surprised to see so many bodybuilding fans here. Anybody here into the powerlifting/strongman side?
    Strong man fan here =D im in to bodybuilding to a degree Coleman way 2 big

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I trained him well. He also needed roids to keep up with my training.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Clearly, you're not into punctuation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much sums up my interest. You ever compete or anything? I'm going to try and do my first powerlifting competition sometime next year. As soon as I'm strong enough to compete in strongman I'm going to. Funny, the light weight division for strongman is up to 205lbs lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12