Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So these kids got tickets, yet nobody witnesses any races happen? Sounds like the govnmt is in the wrong, no proof? $#@! you.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember posting something similar in the race section. A Ferrari and an M something BMW were caught racing and the cars were impounded. I believe it was in Canada.

I'd be so horny for impounding exotics if I could but this is getting out of hand. It's just being greedy at this level. It's not about punishing irresponsible drivers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How else do you punish people who only care about money?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do kids under 21 get cars like this?

According to the Sun, the vehicles were:
    • 2007 Ferrari 599
    • 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
    • 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
    • 2009 Audi R8
    • 2012 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Maserati Turismo
    • 2010 Maserati Turismo
    • 2011 Mercedes SL63
    • 2011 Mercedes SLS
    • 2005 Aston Martin DB9

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^was just about to post that. WTF?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Police grab $2 million worth of cars after Canadian street race

Click here to enlarge

This could be the plot for a movie, "Fast and Furious Canada," or maybe "Fast and Furious, the Young and the Rich."
    Police in British Columbia say they impounded $2 million worth of high-end vehicles this week after witnesses reported the 13 cars racing on a metro Vancouver highway at speeds of 125 mph (200 kph).
    The high-end race cars included a Ferrari, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, an Audi, an Aston Martin, Nissans and a Mercedes, according to a Royal Canadian Mounted Police press release.
    Two of the racers would run side-by-side to block other traffic going in their direction on the highway while the others cars would take off in a race, witnesses told the RCMP.
    "These drivers seemed to be looking for attention. Well, they definitely got the attention of police," Cpl. Holly Marks, spokesperson for the Lower Mainland District Regional Police Service, said in the press release.
    What the racers, who police said are all under age 21, won't get is harsh punishment.
    "Each driver will be charged with Driving without Reasonable Consideration and receive a violation ticket with a specified penalty of $196. Additionally, these drivers will be responsible for all associated towing and storage charges," according to the RCMP press release.
    That's because police didn't actually catch them in the act and acted only on witness accounts. They weren't caught on radar, video or seen by a police officer, Superintendent Norm Gaumont, RCMP officer in charge of traffic enforcement for the Lower Mainland, told the Surrey Now newspaper.
    "I know there's a lot of disappointment, wondering why we only charged them with an offence of $196. They fact of the matter is, we have to look at all the evidence we have and what we're able to prove," Surrey Now quoted Gaumont as saying. "That's why we've charged them with driving without due consideration for the public."
    If police were able to charge the 13 drivers with more severe offenses, they could have faced forfeiture of their vehicles, according to a Vancouver Sun report.
    The RCMP said most of the drivers were operating their vehicles on "N" class licenses, which means they had not yet attained full driving privileges. Only one of the drivers was the registered owner of the car they were driving, Gaumont told Surrey Now.
    The drivers included 12 men and one woman, according to Surrey Now. Gaumont told the paper they were on their way to have a meal when they decided to race.
    • 2007 Ferrari 599
    • 2009 Audi R8
    • 2012 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Maserati Turismo
    • 2010 Maserati Turismo
    • 2011 Mercedes SL63
    • 2011 Mercedes SLS
    • 2005 Aston Martin DB9
    source: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/02...ce/?&hpt=hp_c2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think this was a repost.. sticky had this somehweree
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my bad then

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wth... young kids and their rich parents cars...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I think this was a repost.. sticky had this somehweree
    Threads merged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How do kids under 21 get cars like this?

• 2007 Ferrari 599
    • 2009 Audi R8
    • 2012 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R
    • 2010 Maserati Turismo
    • 2010 Maserati Turismo
    • 2011 Mercedes SL63
    • 2011 Mercedes SLS
    • 2005 Aston Martin DB9
    Mom and Dad of course--I went to college (in the 90's) with quite a few kids who had new f-cars, p-cars, Vipers, etc. I felt like a pauper with my brand new 3 series coupe--most of the big money cars were owned by foreign students, I think they just had to buy these cars in the US because in their country they are at least double the price!
    Last edited by P31-C63; 09-03-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
    Mom and Dad of course--I went to college (in the 90's) with quite a few kids who had new f-cars, p-cars, Vipers, etc. I felt like a pauper with my brand new 3 series coupe--most of the big money cars were owned by foreign students, I think they just had to buy these cars in the US because in their country they are at least double the price!
    Yup some are 2-3 times the cost in other countries.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks to be the same guys

I chuckled
    "The VSCC strictly prohibits anyone from participating in dangerous driving activities and any kind of street racing. Since the inception of the Vancouver Sports Car Club, we have had members from very diverse backgrounds join our club, ranging from country, ethnicity, careers, age, and gender. To the VSCC staff, members' confidentiality is very important; thus, all of our members' information is managed through a secure and precise process."
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by P31-C63 Click here to enlarge
    I just had an M3 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I chuckled
    "The VSCC strictly prohibits anyone from participating in dangerous driving activities and any kind of street racing. Since the inception of the Vancouver Sports Car Club, we have had members from very diverse backgrounds join our club, ranging from country, ethnicity, careers, age, and gender. To the VSCC staff, members' confidentiality is very important; thus, all of our members' information is managed through a secure and precise process."
    That is a bit amusing.