Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Performance numbers for the M276 3.5 liter direct injected V6 in the SLK350 from Insideline - 13.8@101.3

Insideline has tested the new SLK350 with the M276 3.5 liter direct injected and naturally aspirated V6. The motor is rated at 302 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque. The car ran a respectable 13.8@101 in the 1/4 mile although we expected a little more out of this new motor. The previous generation SLK350 with just 268 horsepower was tested by Car and Driver at 13.8@103 making the performance numbers for the new car and new motor a little disappointing. The new car is about 150 pounds heavier but the new motor should have easily offset that.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not impressive at all. Nice looking little car though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Not impressive at all. Nice looking little car though...
    It is a bit underwhelming. The AMG should be a beast though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think its impressive. its a V6, NA. With some aftermarket support. You could see this car int he 12's. Considering a few years ago NA 55's were running 13's out of the box. So for a V6 NA to run 13's... Its impressive, pending on what your car comparing it to. Not to mention, this could open the door to more modded benz's. A stock G37 runs like 13.7, Keep in mind the SLK350 has about 30 less HP than a G37. So its not bad at all. another thing to note. C&D says there is enough room for turbos with this new V6. So if company comes out with a turbo kit at safe boost levels. it will be a game changer. I really think this car has some potential and at a smaller price than the AMG.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hooleyboy Click here to enlarge
    I think its impressive. its a V6, NA. With some aftermarket support. You could see this car int he 12's. Considering a few years ago NA 55's were running 13's out of the box. So for a V6 NA to run 13's... Its impressive, pending on what your car comparing it to. Not to mention, this could open the door to more modded benz's. A stock G37 runs like 13.7, Keep in mind the SLK350 has about 30 less HP than a G37. So its not bad at all. another thing to note. C&D says there is enough room for turbos with this new V6. So if company comes out with a turbo kit at safe boost levels. it will be a game changer. I really think this car has some potential and at a smaller price than the AMG.
    How is it impressive when the previous model was doing the same if not better with less HP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like nothing about this car.
    Look? no
    Speed? no
    60K pricetag? no

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I like nothing about this car.
    Look? no
    Speed? no
    60K pricetag? no
    What about the folding hardtop?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No as well. the problem with Benz hardtop roof is they are really well made. quality is top notch so sometimes you forget it's a hardtop.
    However, BMW sucks at building roofs and everytime you sit in a hardtop BMW you realize it's a convertible lol.